EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Where is ES ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where is ES ?
BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for BoBBoSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Friends
i used to be a member in ES and i was really enjoying posting and reading , it was a fancy , and i really had a good time with many of the members even if i didn't see them before , but there was a sweet conncetion there, Monica, akshar, debbie, adoula, rimo,... we were sharing experiences ,feelings, and all of sudden i started to feel that ES became a very strange forum , alot of ppl disagreeing , fighting ,so i got bored and left for a while,
today , i i missed ES and thought about getting back, and i found ppl fighting with very indecent words, that i am sure non of them will say infront of his sister, persons attaching others for just words without even giving theirselves chance to think before writting, no respect, no order,
where is ES i used to know?

------------------
BoBBoSS

Posts: 249 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lukoshko
Member # 3626

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lukoshko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
everything changes....get used to it..it is normal...it is more funny and interesting
Posts: 287 | From: Moscow Russia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amro
Member # 3167

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it's long time ago since i left EgyptSearch, and am back again after long time, and this is my first time, i donnow if the site had changed or not , but am gonna check it, the site were lovelly and full with sweet members, i always remember Monica and Debbie, they were one of the minds that i like here
Posts: 1 | From: Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dirk
Member # 4259

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dirk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few months ago I was searching for information on weddings in Egypt, because an Egyptian friend of mine invited us to come to his wedding. We didn’t know the customs in Egypt and didn’t wanna ask it to him. This is how we found ES.

We read some interesting things, but were a bit shocked as well. Shocked about the way some discussions go. Without knowing all of the members and their private situations, to us it seemed that you had some very personal discussions between individuals, some discussions about women that found themselves beïng trapped by gigolo’s and a few that really wanted to give some information about Egypt.

Maybe it’s good to consider that most of the new visitors have their first meeting with Egypt on this Forum.

If you only read some threats, you might get the impression that :

Egypt is a country full of gigolo’s, hunting for women. Those that don’t hunt, are trying to cheat and get your money and foreigners should stay away from Egypt.

It would be a real shame, for this is not the Egypt that I have met.

Posts: 71 | From: Belgium | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lori
Member # 2390

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lori     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BoBBoSS:
where is ES i used to know?

Intellectual or funny exchanges have been replaced by fights, obscenities or extreme religious opinions.

If you are not marrying / divorcing and Egyptian, had your heart broken / money stolen or you are not discussing religious issues, there are not a lot of threads you can post in.

Watch kimo's threads if U want something more intellectually challenging.

Posts: 251 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farhana
Member # 3795

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farhana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Couldnt agree more. It was a great place when Monica was around..where is she? Where is Debbie too?
Posts: 606 | From: London, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Debbie, Akshar and a few others have been quiet for a while as they were quite viciously attacked. It's becoming common and totally depressing.

Until recently, I've enjoyed most of what i have seen of ES. I joined inititally when I was seeking information for a book that I had been commissioned to write. I was directed here by someone else who lives in Egypt. It becomes addictive but I have to break myself of the habit as it is all too stressful now.

When an internet line starts reducing people to tears and they all do eventually, then it is time for a change.

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cassia
Member # 4594

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cassia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luxorlover -
Am I being entirely ignored, ostrasized, what? (I guess that's better than being outright attacked ...)

I left a note for you on:
When is the Tanta Sayyid Badawi?

Posts: 82 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dirk
Member # 4259

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dirk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are there any rules that the MOD's could use to stop or delete answers that are offensive without reason?
Posts: 71 | From: Belgium | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lori
Member # 2390

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lori     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dirk:
Are there any rules that the MOD's could use to stop or delete answers that are offensive without reason?

In principle MODs react to notifications from ES members, and in principle they can delete an offensive post.

However, out of laziness or whatever, they often delete the entire thread, meaning that ultimately to them we are all the same, nice and not so nice, they just don't give a **** .

Mowza deleted two threads where I had contributions I worked on. To this day I am expecting she apologizes, but somehow it did not happen.

Posts: 251 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cassia: No I am not ignoring you all. I did not see the note until you pointed it out. I have now answered.
Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Farhana:
Where is Debbie too?

she has been visiting me in Luxor lol, well not just me but other things as well. i haven't been frightened off at all but sometimes I am busy. There is a life outside the Internet.

This week i have Shareen and a friend staying with me and last week Moll and Mr Moll were here and we got with them twice.

I have made some good friends on ES and i glad to say they have made it to real life. So far I have meet Dirk(very briefly), Debbie, Shareen, Moll, Donya.

A forum is a refelction of the people on it and currently this one is unmoderated. Shumza used to do it but now as her pregnancy has progessed she doesn't really have the time. She has begged the owner of the board to appoint mor emoderators but he hasn't replied to her emails and as admin he is the only person that can do this. I sent emails to everyone of his various names but although they got delivered they were never read. So it is bascially an unmoderated board now.

i think it has been quite interesting lately which is much better than boring. And if you get hurt or annoyed much better to leave than to worry about it. It is only a forum, there is real life out there too.

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Well, that's my wrist firmly slapped. You had just been quiet for a while that's all.
Dirk
Member # 4259

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
So far I have meet Dirk(very briefly)...

lol

very sorry...

You were busy (on ES) and we were both very ill. Next time better. Promissed

[This message has been edited by Dirk (edited 23 July 2004).]

Haqikah
Member # 4725

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Haqikah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL, this is a new name for me, I left for about a 8 months, and changed to DSL. But I can promise you, I never left because of the arguments. Those have taken place since this forum was created. Some of these arguments are minor compared to the arguments a year ago. All of the old members know exactly what I'm talking about. To be honest, it's just a recurring theme, same questions and scenarios over and over. If I left for anything, it was definitely because of the monotonous themes. It will get rather boring after a while, and a break will do you fine.
Posts: 39 | From: El-agami | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I was only gone a couple of days actually. Went to Luxor to hang with a few people that I wanted to see off the board, then came back, had to Hash yesterday and now I'm finally getting back to it. Took at least 4 hours to get back through all the crap going on over at ET. Cut me some slack. LOL
Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CheckThisOut
Member # 4875

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CheckThisOut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New Moderated Forum
http://www.youregypt.com/forum/index.php

Posts: 31 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com