EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » how to make egypt more clean

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how to make egypt more clean
syaqirumair
Member # 4897

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for syaqirumair     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when i was egypt about 5days.....what i got is like i am living in rubbish box....i can find rubbish everywhere...why this happen to egypt....and i saw that egyption throw plastic or other things not in dustbin.....i feel like living in dustbin...errrrgggg....any idea for that....
Posts: 7 | From: england | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahmed2004
Member # 4528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahmed2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THOUGH i didnot like your words,because iam very sensitive about my country,but its a pity,all what you mentianed is true,!!!!!
yes its my own dream to clean egypt from the rabish,but it should be through the governement and the schools teaching the people how to through their rabish at the baskets of rabish and teaching them throeghing dirt and rabish at the street is uncivilized act and unhealthy also,
more over its against the islamic rules!!
coz the islam ordered us to purify our bodys five times aday[EL WODOA] SO HOW OUR STREETS CAN BE UNCLEAN!!!
PERSONALY IAM TEACHING MY TWO KIDS DOING THAT,AND I SUCCSSED OF DOING THAT!!!
THANK YOU,WISH Y THE BEST

Posts: 273 | From: egypt,aswan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carleen
Member # 4311

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carleen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was really shocked to see the amount of trash in Cairo. I read something in an old ME Times edition about a problem with trash services, but that was supposed to have been solved. Is there not regular trash pickup? It seemed that people just dump their household garbage along the banks of the Nile, and that was just tragic to me.
Posts: 310 | From: Maryland, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you look out of the train windows as it approaches Cairo the piles of rubbish could make you weep and you would be terrified of falling into the filth of canals.
Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
syaqirumair
Member # 4897

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for syaqirumair     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeahh..if u go to alexandria by train trip....u can watching out of window...there is alot rubish....on the rail....in fact i just unhappy with that....and my girfriend said she never come to egypt again...
Posts: 7 | From: england | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
syaqirumair
Member # 4897

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for syaqirumair     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeahh..if u go to alexandria by train trip....u can watching out of window...there is alot rubish....on the rail....in fact i just unhappy with that....and my girfriend said she never come to egypt again...
Luci
Member # 4620

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here in Brazil we have the same problem but we are already doing something for this, children learn on school, there are sign asking for people to not do this, and I think that slowly we are changing the people's mind.
Posts: 12 | From: Rio de janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
madmax
Member # 4910

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for madmax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sad.. I know

Maybe run Public Awarness Programs on TV and in the national papers.

Spend some money on private companies that take care of the city's cleaning.

Time for someone to do something about it.

Couldn't agree more !!!

Posts: 69 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dreamcatcher
Member # 3938

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dreamcatcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it is very sad, but unfortunately a universal problem throughout the world with the exception of a few countries. In Singapore one gets an instant fine 4 littering.
In South Africa our minster of Environmental Affairs has extensive campaigns
to address the problem of litter.
One of my pet hates is LITTER BUGS
Dreamcatcher

Posts: 286 | From: south africa | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dreamcatcher (and Natashah) - I know it is a change of subject but forgive me. I saw the news tonight and South AFrica was mentioned because of its unusual level of snow !!!
Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dreamcatcher
Member # 3938

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dreamcatcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Luxorlover:
Dreamcatcher (and Natashah) - I know it is a change of subject but forgive me. I saw the news tonight and South AFrica was mentioned because of its unusual level of snow !!!

Yep, it has been snowing at Drakensberg and Nat said it is snowing in Ceres. I have lived here my entire life and wittnessed snow once when I was a kid.
I reckon it is the depletetion of ozone layers which has caused unexpected weather conditions worldwide. Just so sry I could not c it, I am in Durban, where it is a tropical climate, our winters are very warm, but this year has been one of the coldest recorded in KZN. Nat said she was having snow where she lives in the Western Cape.
Dreamcatcher

[This message has been edited by dreamcatcher (edited 01 August 2004).]

Posts: 286 | From: south africa | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natashiah
Member # 4566

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Natashiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Luxorlover:

Yep...Im freezing my ding dongs off .thats why I prefer being in Egypt when its winter here

Posts: 723 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natashiah
Member # 4566

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Natashiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dreamcatcher:
Yep, it has been snowing at Drakensberg and Nat said it is snowing in Ceres. I have lived here my entire life and wittnessed snow once when I was a kid.
I reckon it is the depletetion of ozone layers which has caused unexpected weather conditions worldwide. Just so sry I could not c it, I am in Durban, where it is a tropical climate, our winters are very warm, but this year has been one of the coldest recorded in KZN. Nat said she was having snow where she lives in the Western Cape.
Dreamcatcher

[This message has been edited by dreamcatcher (edited 01 August 2004).]

As you know here one can never trust the weather reports.I always dress for 4 seasons ...So many times it happened that i drive from Somerset West or Ceres to the airport dressed like an eskimo because of the cold....when i reach the bridge at the airport it starts to get warm...once im in the airport I have to strip because it is so hooot!...and the airport is 15 minutes drive from Somerset West...hehehe....maybe thats why we have so many moodswings...

Posts: 723 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dreamcatcher
Member # 3938

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Natashiah:
As you know here one can never trust the weather reports.I always dress for 4 seasons ...So many times it happened that i drive from Somerset West or Ceres to the airport dressed like an eskimo because of the cold....when i reach the bridge at the airport it starts to get warm...once im in the airport I have to strip because it is so hooot!...and the airport is 15 minutes drive from Somerset West...hehehe....maybe thats why we have so many moodswings...

lolol

Natashiah
Member # 4566

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ahmed2004:
THOUGH i didnot like your words,because iam very sensitive about my country,but its a pity,all what you mentianed is true,!!!!!
yes its my own dream to clean egypt from the rabish,but it should be through the governement and the schools teaching the people how to through their rabish at the baskets of rabish and teaching them throeghing dirt and rabish at the street is uncivilized act and unhealthy also,
more over its against the islamic rules!!
coz the islam ordered us to purify our bodys five times aday[EL WODOA] SO HOW OUR STREETS CAN BE UNCLEAN!!!
PERSONALY IAM TEACHING MY TWO KIDS DOING THAT,AND I SUCCSSED OF DOING THAT!!!
THANK YOU,WISH Y THE BEST

I read in Al Ahram that an Italian Company got the tender to clean up Cairo.But apparently the government did not pay all the money they were supposed to...thats why the company is not doing a proper job...that was a few weeks ago.People also still make use of "rubbish men".Personally i think its a shame because if everyone disposed of their rubbish in a civiliced way Cairo would be much cleaner....but you cant really blame the people...because even if they tried to clean up...WHERE WOULD THE RUBBISH GO?...there are no rubbish trucks collecting the rubbish to be dumped far away from the city.Dumpsters and garbage bins are overflowing....there just isnt assigned areas for rubbish to be dumped...or is there places that I dont know of?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com