EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » recent visit to Luxor

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: recent visit to Luxor
scorpion
Member # 5004

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First time flying,first time travelling so far alone,you can imagine i was a little concerned,there was no need.
the flight was so smooth,and when i landed at Luxor airport the speed of service was breathtaking(GB could take some lessons).
first day or so was spent,finding me feet,then there was no stopping me,all the sights,shops,people are suberb.
Ok one negative note,i did get parted from more money than i would have liked(i was warned),still i have some excellent memories.
also made some new friends,one i write to regular.
Most people just see the tombs,temples and the general sights,which is good,but i had the honour of seeing the real egypt,the houses where the real egyptians live.
This was a surprise and interesting,these people live in little more than mud brick houses,and yet are the most friendly and welcoming i have had the pleasure to meet.
The armed police everywhere you go was a little daunting at first,but when you leave the hotel at 1am for a cooling stroll along the Nile banks,its reasurring to know your are totally safe(id never do that in essex).
How people can "bash "such a welcoming and beautifull country is beneath me.
I am returning in early november,my egypt friend has already sorted a programme for my short stay.
Any tips,or places to see that are not on the general tourist scene would be gratefull

Posts: 22 | From: southend uk | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try the nobles tombs of Roy and Shu Roy, really excellent also the recently restored temple of Seti I.

You have to go to tutankamun for a meal, the chicken curry is fabulous. And of course Movenpick for ice cream

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpion
Member # 5004

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
Try the nobles tombs of Roy and Shu Roy, really excellent also the recently restored temple of Seti I.

You have to go to tutankamun for a meal, the chicken curry is fabulous. And of course Movenpick for ice cream

thanks for that akshar,not to sure on the curry(think ill be hot enough)but that icecream sounds tempting..

Posts: 22 | From: southend uk | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wills76
Member # 4427

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wills76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you liked Egypt, now you will be hooked and there is no going back.
Posts: 127 | From: Scotland | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpion
Member # 5004

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wills76:
Glad you liked Egypt, now you will be hooked and there is no going back.

oh but they is wills76 .
im going to Cairo then onto luxor,in november.
next year i plan to go to cairo for a week then onto luxor for a week,if any other single traveller would like to join me,please feel free to contact me.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com