EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » FOR WOMEN

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FOR WOMEN
CaliGirl
Member # 4409

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for CaliGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be going to Egypt to marry my husband (we are married here in the states). It will be very private and at the mosque. I am not sure of what would be proper to wear. Do I have to wear a veil? Is there an etiquette on the colors, etc. What is a traditional ceremony in Egypt and for Muslims? I appreciate all replies.

Posts: 62 | From: San Diego, Ca USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muslim women here seem to wear traditional wedding dresses.... i.e. floaty white stuff!! They dont seem to cover for weddings. seems strange, but I've seen a few weddings here, and this seems to be the norm!!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
Muslim women here seem to wear traditional wedding dresses.... i.e. floaty white stuff!! They dont seem to cover for weddings. seems strange, but I've seen a few weddings here, and this seems to be the norm!!

Yes I don't understand the not covering at the wedding. A friend was recently showing me her wedding photos...she was sat next to me covered head to foot in black... but her wedding dress was exactly the same as any European one with quite a low neckline and sleeveless, also no head covering at all.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natashiah
Member # 4566

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Natashiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the best persons to ask is your inlaws...they will tell you according to their faimy's specifications.Some wear european style as was mentioned before and others cover up....speak to your inlaws...that will also show them that you respect their opinion.

Posts: 723 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Natashiah:
I think the best persons to ask is your inlaws...they will tell you according to their faimy's specifications.Some wear european style as was mentioned before and others cover up....speak to your inlaws...that will also show them that you respect their opinion.

Right on. I have also seen women wearing long and elegant dresses that I would compare to 'black tie' dress code attire. Best and most respectful way is to kindly ask your in-laws; the only risk may be being stuck with their choice vs. playing fashionable ignorance.

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheProfessional
Member # 5354

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheProfessional     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cali Girl, any European/American wedding dress would do as long as it's not overly revealing.

------------------
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake" - Napoleon Bonaparte

Posts: 21 | From: Cairo,Egypt | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mouny-Cairo
Member # 2490

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mouny-Cairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because it's in a mosque u have to wear a dress that just may show ur arms only but no legs no more.
no need for veil
if the weddin is not on mosque u can wear anything.

Posts: 66 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
welsafty
Member # 5051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for welsafty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
why dont you ask your husband ???!!!
quote:
Originally posted by CaliGirl:
I will be going to Egypt to marry my husband (we are married here in the states). It will be very private and at the mosque. I am not sure of what would be proper to wear. Do I have to wear a veil? Is there an etiquette on the colors, etc. What is a traditional ceremony in Egypt and for Muslims? I appreciate all replies.

Posts: 785 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Memo2000
Member # 3996

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Memo2000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Friend
you can read more about Egypt at this location : http://www.travel-egypt.ha22.com
and if you need any help in Alexandria please contact us.
Thanks http://www.halim-hosting.com

------------------
http://www.21za.com

Posts: 271 | From: egypt | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliGirl
Member # 4409

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for CaliGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welsfaty;
I have asked my dear husband numerous times but since it will be just him and I at the mosque he keeps telling me to bring a nice dress. That is not enough for me. So I was trying to get more ideas. So what's yours?

Posts: 62 | From: San Diego, Ca USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com