EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Anyone been to Taba??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone been to Taba??
Clare123
Member # 5199

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clare123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have just been surprised for my 21st birthday a holiday to Taba! I've never been to Egypt before but I have found this website very helpful so far...

So, I was wondering if anyone has been to Taba and could give me any information about the area.

I’m staying at Taba Heights Hyatt Regency Hotel but have been told that there is nothing else around except mountains and lots of sand!

As we (me and my boyfriend) are only going for a week, I was wondering if there is any attractions close by which we shouldn't miss in order to have a wonderful experience of Taba/Egypt.

Thanks

Posts: 4 | From: Bristol | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dr_judge
Member # 5223

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dr_judge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been to Taba a lot there is no much things to visit in Taba as it is more a place to relaxation than a place to discover Egypt in the only thing you can visit in taba is Salah Al-Din citadelle ... if you need to ask about anything contact me on msaaads@yahoo.com

Posts: 191 | From: cairo, Egypt | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would be possible from Taba to visit St Catherine's Monastry. This sits up in the Sinai mountains and you can climb Mt Sinai overnight to see the sun rise and then go down to visit the monastry in the morning.
As long as you are reasonably fit it is a wonderful trip, think about taking good footwear.

Not much at Taba itself but of course the coral reefs are wonderful for snorkelling or diving so come prepared with some with a good face mask, snorkel and fins.

Penny

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bomba
Member # 5192

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bomba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you enjoy Taba as much as I did. No, not a lot to do, but there are trips to Dahab which is a bit of a relic from the 60's with the Blue Lagoon. Good places to eat.

You are not that far from Eilat in Taba. Do what we did, go across the border, by the way it is no problem. Wonder tax free mall there.

Any more info needed, just let me know.

By the way there is also a trip on offer where you get to meet the dolphins.

Posts: 36 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clare123
Member # 5199

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Clare123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks ever so much on letting me know what you thought of Taba - really helpful.

Could you tell me more about the dolphin trip?? Do you think that it would be best to book it here in the UK or when we get over there??

quote:
Originally posted by bomba:
Hope you enjoy Taba as much as I did. No, not a lot to do, but there are trips to Dahab which is a bit of a relic from the 60's with the Blue Lagoon. Good places to eat.

You are not that far from Eilat in Taba. Do what we did, go across the border, by the way it is no problem. Wonder tax free mall there.

Any more info needed, just let me know.

By the way there is also a trip on offer where you get to meet the dolphins.

Posts: 4 | From: Bristol | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clare123
Member # 5199

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Clare123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im really glad you said about the St Catherine's Monastry - i would love to see the sunset in the evening.

Do you think that there are any shops out side the hotel to buy a snorkel and mask or should i get it in the uk before i come over??

Im am aware that Taba is a long way from Cairo but was wondering how long it would take for me to visit? Would i really need to take 2 days out of my week to visit this place? Is it worth visiting Cairo??

Thanks again...

Clare

quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
It would be possible from Taba to visit St Catherine's Monastry. This sits up in the Sinai mountains and you can climb Mt Sinai overnight to see the sun rise and then go down to visit the monastry in the morning.
As long as you are reasonably fit it is a wonderful trip, think about taking good footwear.

Not much at Taba itself but of course the coral reefs are wonderful for snorkelling or diving so come prepared with some with a good face mask, snorkel and fins.

Penny

[This message has been edited by Clare123 (edited 03 September 2004).]

bomba
Member # 5192

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bomba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there,

The dolphin trip can be booked once you get to Taba and every, and I mean every, hotel has snorkels, masks & fins, so no problem.

Anything else I can help with, just give me a shout. If not, ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 36 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Clare123:
Im really glad you said about the St Catherine's Monastry - i would love to see the sunset in the evening.

Do you think that there are any shops out side the hotel to buy a snorkel and mask or should i get it in the uk before i come over??

Im am aware that Taba is a long way from Cairo but was wondering how long it would take for me to visit? Would i really need to take 2 days out of my week to visit this place? Is it worth visiting Cairo??

Thanks again...

Clare

[This message has been edited by Clare123 (edited 03 September 2004).]

Hi Clare

Cairo is quite easy from Taba as there is a road that cuts straight across Sinia peninsular to the Suez tunnel. Cairo is a wonderful experience and well worth a visit. You will find lots of trips available from Taba, then you can decide how much time you have for everything.

Re St Catherines...you climb the mountain overnight and see the sunrise in the morning. Forgot to say there are lots of tea/drink stops provided by the bedouins on the way up.

Re Mask/snork, fins...yes you will get cheap ones there and if you just want to just put your head under the water then they are ok. If you are a bit more serious and will spend a long time in the water then best to buy before you come.

Penny

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com