EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » xmas in luxor

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: xmas in luxor
stellalocal
Member # 4064

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stellalocal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
spending xmas in luxor is what you make it there is a restaurant doing xmas dinners english style if anyone is interested the restaurant is called The Lantern nice xmas menu and very reasonably priced owned and run by an english lady.
Good to see you back luxorlover.

Posts: 99 | From: egypt | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kenzie
Member # 3519

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenzie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went there a couple of nights ago. It is very nice and the owner is lovely.

I have heard good reports about their food.

Posts: 339 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deefa
Member # 5352

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for deefa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds excellant are they doing anything for new years eve? and where is it situated near thanx
Posts: 33 | From: england | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Ahmad
Member # 5838

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Sara Ahmad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to be in Egypt for new year's eve as well. Apparently Sharm is the place to be although trying to find out what's going on there.
Posts: 14 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lantern is in Medina Street at the end of St. Joseph's Street near the police station. It is a lovely place and the food is excellent. I am not sure what she is doing for new year but I will ask her and post it here.

It must be good food if John has recommended it because he has high standards.

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptboy
Member # 5132

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not Been, but ive heard from lots of people who have been there that the food is excellent.. however im told that the waiting time for the food is way too long, even when not busy.. so if they get some better kind of routine to serve the customer quicker then it will be a great place.. waiting times in john`s place is good
Posts: 23 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stellalocal
Member # 4064

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stellalocal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello egyptboy would you ring me or call in and see me if thats who i think it is did you ask loxorlover to ask me something if thats you call in and see me one afternoon or morning at home
Posts: 99 | From: egypt | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deefa
Member # 5352

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for deefa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is johns the pub up from sonesta called john and johns know him if it is from stourton in england knoes keith and lee
Posts: 33 | From: england | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lantern will be open at Christmas and it will also be open at New year although they are not sure what the menu will be yet.

Egyptboy, when were you last in there? The service is now pretty good.

Stellalocal - I have been meaning to call in with your mustard all week. I shall call in tomorrow - I promise.

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptboy
Member # 5132

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LuxorLover Did u read my POST - "NOT BEEN" i only posted on what ive heard.. and the only grudge that many people have said was the waiting times.. everything else excellent.. if the service is now good great... is this what posting is all about different views etc,, dont understand DEEFA ?? "john and johns know him if it is from stourton in england knoes keith and lee" I think all LUXOR knows KEITH so what... whats that to do with the lantern, hmmm better watch what i say my computer might be at risk !!!
Posts: 23 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deefa
Member # 5352

Rate Member
Yes guess you know Kieth then egyptboy and yes watch out for your computer doing all sorts of wierd things.....................
egyptboy
Member # 5132

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for egyptboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NOW i think this post is gonna change a bit .... DONT U KNOW DEEFA most people knows who you are and that your real name is KIM and your greedy ripping off taxi driver called baha who you think your legally married to because you have changed your religion to muslim. NOW dont u know your getting ripped off because its all round luxor what you paid here and there, HEY are you stupid cause your clever taxi husband as told you a bond on a flat will be 20,000le to 25,000le...not to mentioned all the other stuff he`s bosted round luxor what he got and gonna get. all said and done just ask anyone, but i think you already know, when all your money as gone and hes got it all, you will be out of the door. dont say but HE`s different, hes not. dont kid yourself, you will LOSE, have a good time and RUN...............PLEASE LUXORLOVER try help this poor soul.
asiaq
Member # 4323

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for asiaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 363 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Hi Egypt Boy. Sorry that I misread your post. All new businesses have teething problems and the Lantern is trying to solve theirs. Thanks for being understanding with them - as you said the food is excellent.

I am not sure I know Deefa but if I could advise then I would. Unfortunately nobody listens and then I get thought of as a dreadful busy body who is all doom and gloom.

I have seen so many people ripped off here but every European woman in Luxor truly believes that they have found the one honest taxi driver, felucca captain, tour guuide or waiter in the city. Their man is always different - and he seldom is. this is not knocking Egyuptian men because there are thousands of honest men in Luxor but they are not married to European women who give them money.

The bragging bit that Egypt Boy talks about is also true. The type of men that cheat women here are dishonest enough to be proud of what they have done. It is all so very sad. Actually there is no honour among thieves.

I am still not sure who you are Egypt Boy but you sound as though you know me.

stellaloçal
Member # 5934

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for stellaloçal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHO THE FU*K IS EGYPTBOY !!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 3 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stellalocal
Member # 4064

Rate Member
well well well now someone else has signed in as stellalocal but its not me look at the c it is spelt differently but anyway its not me just someone who is going to try to cause a stir i suspect. Also look at my registration date and the other stella local reg.date Thank you L L very kind.
STUART
Member # 5867

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for STUART     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Friends .
Please feel free to visit our new forum.
Thanks
http://www.egypt-tourist-info.info

------------------
http://www.egypt-tourist-info.info/forum

Posts: 27 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
You are welcome Stella. I am just sorry that it took me so long to bring them round to you. Remember the Christmas cards and I will post them for you.

That goes for any other Luxor residents that want Christmas cards posting in the UK. I will happily stick them in a box for you too.

wills76
Member # 4427

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wills76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Stellalocal went to the rest last week but no sign of you again had great meals. Check the comment book for wednesday 17th november and you will find me in there
Posts: 127 | From: Scotland | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptboy
Member # 5132

Rate Member
Hmmmmm looks like stellalocal "copycat" does not like me. by the way its a C made with a ascii code keep ALT PRESSED and type 0487
egyptboy
Member # 5132

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for egyptboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey what a NICE person LuxorLover must be. will post any christmas cards for Luxor residents Well thats great 1 million times better than the postal service here.
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John sorry i missed you on Wed but we had a good lunch. About next week might not be able to do it as that day I have a 5 site tour, guest arriving at 3pm and another guest arriving 5pm

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stellalocal
Member # 4064

Rate Member
Sorry i missed you wills76 we is our day off so that will be why maybe next time.
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
I shall be leaving here on the 16th DEcember. So if anyone wants anything posted in the UK please get it to me before then.

Leave a note here and I will meet you to pick them up.

deefa
Member # 5352

Rate Member
everyone knows who u are too.... now living (EDITED) ?????????? (NAME AGAIN EDITED) gone to the army ??????? youv got my tel number why dontyou just call me mashee........

Hmmmmmm WELL WELL Deefa U ARE F**KING WRONG BE CAREFULL EVERYONE KNOWS U, AND THE MISTAKES YOUR MAKING... AND THIS IS JUST ONE OF THEM.....

Sorry to anyone reading this post..Names have been edited DUE to Someone trying to be CLEVER and post my name and where I Live

Hey Are You Stupid You Think You Can Be Clever With Me On The Internet

(ACCOUNT CLOSED)

[This message has been edited by deefa (edited 06 December 2004).]

stellvocal
Member # 6000

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stellvocal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmm not a post to read... Stellvocal saying Rubbish again..BUT THIS IS REALLY DEEFA - not a good idea to try make a problem and look like ur Stellalocal.

Hey Are You Stupid You Think You Can Be Clever With Me On The Internet

(ACCOUNT CLOSED)

[This message has been edited by stellvocal (edited 06 December 2004).]

Posts: 3 | From: egypt | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
irenem
Member # 6015

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for irenem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by stellalocal:
[B]spending xmas in luxor is what you make it there is a restaurant doing xmas dinners english style if anyone is interested the restaurant is called The Lantern nice xmas menu and very reasonably priced owned and run by an english lady.

I have followed this thread with interest. Does anyone have an e-mail address for The
Lantern? Thanks.

Posts: 6 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wills76
Member # 4427

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wills76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chrismas dinner at the lantern will cost 120LE about £10 english pound. You must book as soon as possible.

[This message has been edited by wills76 (edited 05 December 2004).]

Posts: 127 | From: Scotland | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
irenem
Member # 6015

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for irenem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wills76:
[B]Chrismas dinner at the lantern will cost 120LE about £10 english pound. You must book as soon as possible.

Thanks for the information. Is Christmas Dinner served mid-day or evening?

How do I contact The Lantern?

[This message has been edited by irenem (edited 05 December 2004).]

[This message has been edited by irenem (edited 09 December 2004).]

Posts: 6 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
irenem
Member # 6015

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for irenem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since writing the above yesterday I have done a search on the Internet for 'The Lantern' but no luck. Is there anyone who can help? Phone Number, e-mail address, anything?

Thanks.

wills76
Member # 4427

Rate Member
Still trying to find out information for you. I have asked a friend if she can help out. Medina street if you don't know where it is you go down the street that the Stjosephs hotel is on and turn right there is a lantern outside and it is near the police station. I will try and get you more information or maybe she will post information herself for you. Hope this helps
irenem
Member # 6015

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for irenem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for trying. We are due to leave the UK for Egypt next Monday - our first visit to Luxor. I have gleaned a lot of useful information from this forum. Thanks.
wills76
Member # 4427

Rate Member
Try the Japanese at the sonesta they do set meals meat and seafood and if you like chinese then the hilton both are highly recommended I was at both places several time during my visits over the last couple of years but have been going to Luxor once sometimes twice a year for the last 10 years.
irenem
Member # 6015

Rate Member
My friend is 88 and we were hoping to get a traditional English Christmas Dinner - midday - on Christmas Day. It isn't that we are against foreign food, it's simply a case of safe eating as we both have a habit of suffering from dicky tummies when abroad and, from what I have read in different places, I understand that we will be very lucky to return home without getting one!
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
The Lantern's telephone number is Luxor (095) 236 1451 and Xmas dinner is at 7.30 pm on Christmas Day.
irenem
Member # 6015

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Luxorlover:
The Lantern's telephone number is Luxor (095) 236 1451 and Xmas dinner is at 7.30 pm on Christmas Day.

Thanks - much appreciated.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com