EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » On-line check-in flights etc etc!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: On-line check-in flights etc etc!
mydream
Member # 4638

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for mydream     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello every body
We are soon to visit Egypt again. We have booked our flight tickets on-line for the very first time - usually we use a tour operator and we travel with a "real ticket" in hand. Panic, I just have this A4 piece of paper voucher.
Can any one tell me what happens when we leave Cairo airport to return back to the UK. I gather there are no check-in kiosks. Do we just check in as though we had a normal ticket?
Also any info on getting the visa on arrival. Normally we send off to London to obtain it before leaving UK - but it works out expensive when you have to pay the special delivery etc both ways. I am a bit concerned as we have arranged for a driver to collect us - via the first hotel we stay in. But he will only wait an hour after touch down. How long has any one waited for the visa at Cairo airport at about 11 at night? Yes I know how long is a piece of string!
Oh one last thing! I am going to bring a camcorder (yes you've guessed it - first time!!) do I have to queue in another line to get the stamp in my passport?
Advice would be greatly received!

Posts: 97 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PRchick
Member # 4794

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for PRchick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, you just check in at the counter in Cairo with your confirmation number and passport. Getting a visa on arrival is easy. When you get to the line, you'll see Egyptian banks on one side of the room. Just go to one of the banks, hand them your money and they'll give you a stamp.
Posts: 225 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mydream
Member # 4638

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for mydream     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks PRchick
It sounds so easy - thank you!

Posts: 97 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PRchick
Member # 4794

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for PRchick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mydream:
Thanks PRchick
It sounds so easy - thank you!

I got in at midnight last time and there were no lines to get the visa but the line to get through customs and get luggage took about 30 minutes.

Posts: 225 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mydream
Member # 4638

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for mydream     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks again - you're a star!
Have you visited Egypt many times?

PRchick
Member # 4794

Member Rated:
Not many but hope to visit many more times.

salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by PRchick:
[B]Yes, you just check in at the counter in Cairo with your confirmation number and passport. Getting a visa on arrival is easy. When you get to the line, you'll see Egyptian banks on one side of the room. Just go to one of the banks, hand them your money and they'll give you a stamp.

Agree.but perhaps learning a few Arabic words will go down well.

Posts: 1873 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mydream
Member # 4638

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for mydream     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saeeda Salama
Skukran!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com