EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Room in Nice clean apt for visitors instead of Hotel

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Room in Nice clean apt for visitors instead of Hotel
Mohanguy
Member # 6048

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Mohanguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, I have a three bedroom Apt in Mohandeseen which is in the downtown area and I rent out rooms just like a hotel would accept for students or travellors on a budget. Please let me know if this interests you. Of course there is everything in the apt that any house would have. We also have a maid.

Prices range from $20-$50 a night depending on number of people. Hope this helps!

Posts: 4 | From: Mohandeseen, Cairo | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annie_81
Member # 4149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for annie_81     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
travelers on a budget? you must be kidding!! 20-50$ US???!!!!! thats crazy expensive! anybody travelling on a budget knows that they can rent a hotel room for 20 LE to 100 LE (5-18$ US) in a respectable place and dont have to put up with a strange man around!
Posts: 370 | From: Montreal, Canada + World expat | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mohanguy
Member # 6048

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mohanguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, you know I'm sorry if you think I am charging a huge price, but 1st I think that any place with 20-100 LE would be like a whole in the wall, but then again I really do not know because I have my own apt. And I really dont't appreciate your tone as if I am trying to rip people off, the money is not an issue as I have a stable job, I was just trying to offer an opportunity or another option to people who are exploring staying in egypt as I have a huge place that is more than enough for me. And secondly, don't go around calling people strange you do not know, I am a young american, highly educated, and very nice. So please leave your posts to constructive comments. Again I am sorry if I posted an expensive price, maybe I am comparing to prices you would pay at the Hyatt. Thank you

Posts: 4 | From: Mohandeseen, Cairo | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timbuctoo
Member # 440

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for timbuctoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROFL! My hotel cost me US$50 per MONTH!!! Even less now with the exchange rate. I can't imgine anyone 'on a budget' paying that for a single night in an apartment. Really man, your apartment would have to be a palace to be offering those sort of rates. Sorry mohan for being so brusque but you're living in a third-world city - don't charge first-world prices.
Posts: 266 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TDP
Member # 5440

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TDP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The hotels are a bit basic 20le-100le, maybe mohanguy's appartment is really nice. I personally would rather pay a bit extra to have a few home comforts,but its each to their own. Mohan I wish you all the best its your apparment and if you think its worthy of that well go ahead. Love.x
Posts: 260 | From: uk | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mohanguy
Member # 6048

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mohanguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks TDP

[This message has been edited by Mohanguy (edited 13 December 2004).]

TDP
Member # 5440

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TDP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're very welcome. Good luck and wish you lots of guests.x
Posts: 260 | From: uk | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sokarya@hotmail.com
Member # 5853

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sokarya@hotmail.com     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hotels range from el 25 per night upwards.
flats are el 5OO month upwards.

What is expensive for one person is cheap for another, and vice versa. It is up to the customer to decide what he wants to get and how much he is prepared to pay for it.

Accommodation described as "budget" should be "good value for money" and it probably is, or the owner wouldnt have described it that way. Charlie

Posts: 431 | From: luxor egypt | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annie_81
Member # 4149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for annie_81     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i said "strange" as in "stranger" regardless of whether you are 'strange' (bizarre) or not.

------------------
"Whashing One's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral" -Freire-

Posts: 370 | From: Montreal, Canada + World expat | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com