EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Armana

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Armana
SCOTTISHLADY
Member # 5501

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SCOTTISHLADY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would anyone have any suggestions regarding a trip to Armana out of Luxor? Its something my friend and I are thinking about for later this year. Is it relatively easy to get to...... could we use the train or would we need to get a guide in Luxor and use a taxi. Ideas on cost would be appreciated as well.
Posts: 33 | From: the back of beyond | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Scottishlady.

I would like to go through the western desert from Luxor and would be grateful for any information that anyone can give about that at the same time.

[This message has been edited by Luxorlover (edited 09 January 2005).]

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SCOTTISHLADY
Member # 5501

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SCOTTISHLADY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LL
We might have to add the White Desert on to that list too lol

Posts: 33 | From: the back of beyond | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pax.
Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have done both these trips for our guests and whilst they are not cheap as they have taken the hired private minibus route thye are acheivable. I have done the Armanrna trip myself, if you want more details email me jane@flatsinluxor.co.uk
Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
I know it is possible to travel from Luxor up to Cairo through the western desert taking about 5 days to do it. I want to do it this Spring. I am sure that others would be interested in this information as well as myself so does anybody know about the cost, facilities, etc.
sokarya_686@hotmail.com
Member # 6138

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sokarya_686@hotmail.com     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amarna is the desolate city of Akhenaton believed to be the Biblical Moses. It was named after Akhenatons spiritual father Amram (or Moses in the Bible). Am and ram
is the sun = AmenRa. Armana means the same.
The high priest of the Amarna Temple was MeryreII, he is one and the same as Merari the son of Levi. He probably lived on the other side of the river with all the other Levites in the city called Mal-Levi. Its fairly obvious, therefore, that the Levite Priests were into worship of the Aten disc.
Charlie.

Posts: 707 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com