EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » internal flight, luxor to cairo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: internal flight, luxor to cairo
kevholmes
Member # 6297

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for kevholmes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I have booked a weeks holiday in Luxor in August and am staying at the movenpick. I don't want to come to Egypt and not see the pyramids and would like to fly to Cairo one day whilst i am there, however I am having trouble booking anything on line. I understand that egypt air do not do online bookings but are there any company's online who I will be able to book with.
Posts: 7 | From: bognor regis, west sussex, england | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy
Member # 648

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why fly? Movenpick will most likely offer a day package where you can go by bus to Cairo for the day and see the sights. The only draw back is that you will probably leave late at night to arrive early in the morning and return the same day. It could be a long ride, like 8-9 hours, possibly less depending on convoy speeds.
Posts: 29 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hoppy1671
Member # 6376

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hoppy1671     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i too am travelling to egypt aug 2005, does anyone have any info....prices, etc for these excursions to cairo and giza???
Posts: 4 | From: Kidderminster, England | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philand teresa
Member # 2726

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for philand teresa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Kev.We would take tracy's idea of going to Cairo on a coach with a pinch of salt. try Osoris Travel & Holidays
>Tel.: +2 02 3028561 - 3028562 - 3028563
>Fax: +2 02 3464146
>Mobile: 012-2668631
>E-mail: aliaa@osoris.com
>web site: http://www.osoris.com
We have used them for buying tickets and always found their service first class. Enjoy your holiday.

Please note we have no buisness interests in Egypt at all. Any recommendations or otherwise we make a based on our own travel experiences.

Posts: 119 | From: West Midlands. U.K. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy
Member # 648

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can fly from Luxor to Cairo by EgyptAir. They usually have 3-4 morning and 3-4 afternoon flights. I think the going rate is around the $220.00-$250.00 USD round trip. I know the resorts in Sharm and Hurghada offer day or 2 day trips to Cairo through their Recreation Desks. I would send an email to the Hotel you are staying at and ask for prices. Or like Phil mentioned and if you are adventurous you can book through the local company which he recommends. The choice is yours but always based on the size of your pocket book. I can't really comment on prices because what I pay as a foreign resident and what you pay as a foreigner are two different things.

PS - nice write up on your website Phil! Very informative.

Posts: 29 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevholmes
Member # 6297

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kevholmes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

thanks for the ideas, i would definately prefer to fly as me and my partner are going to egypt for our honeymoon and she has given me the impression that she doesn't want to spend the entire trip sightseeing, henceforth whilst i would like to view properly the scenery of egypt, i will have to sacrifice some of this to fit in the larger attractions.

Posts: 7 | From: bognor regis, west sussex, england | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Giza
Member # 5772

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Giza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Internal Flights can be booked online at lastminute.com or any of the major Internet travel agents. a return trip should be around £140 PP.

You might also like to consider traveling overnight by train:
http://www.seat61.com/Egypt.htm

whichever you choose, enjoy

Posts: 5 | From: U.K | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LivinginLuxor
Member # 5660

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LivinginLuxor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm thinking of going to Cairo for a few days, and I recently checked at the Egyptair office near the Winter Palace.

A day return - ie leave early, fly back late is 940LE.

Fly out and return with a week is 1140LE

These, of course, are prices for visitors - the Egyptians pay about 300LE for a return flight.

Posts: 16 | From: Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kenzie
Member # 3519

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenzie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egyptian price has now gone up to 580LE return.
Posts: 339 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerda
Member # 6364

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gerda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everybody,

I have the luck to be married to an Egyptian so I can travel for the Egyptian fare, it save's a lot of money......(LOL)
With X-mas I paid LE 535 but the prices went up the 1st of Januari '05.....
By the way, by bus Luxor-Cairo is crazy, it take's too long....

Gerda

Posts: 29 | From: Amsterdam-Holland | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevholmes
Member # 6297

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kevholmes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A day return - ie leave early, fly back late is 940LE.
I was hoping to book the flight before getting to Egypt but the best price i have found over the internet is about £130pp, I checked the Egypt Air price on a currency converter and it looks like it will only cost about £85pp. I read somwhere that you need to book these internal flights in advance to be guaranteed a seat. Is 3 or 4 days likely to be enough notice?

[This message has been edited by kevholmes (edited 19 January 2005).]

kevholmes
Member # 6297

Rate Member
I was hoping to book the flight before getting to Egypt but the best price i have found over the internet is about £130pp, I checked the Egypt Air price on a currency converter and it looks like it will only cost about £85pp. I read somwhere that you need to book these internal flights in advance to be guaranteed a seat. Is 3 or 4 days likely to be enough notice?

[This message has been edited by kevholmes (edited 19 January 2005).][/B][/QUOTE]

Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is an Egypt Air/Travel Agency office close to the Temple on the Cornishe (sorry, dunno how to spell it) in Luxor. Last year I paid $50 for the one way ticket to Cairo; not a bad deal. They take last minute reservations.
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com