EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » international telephone cards

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: international telephone cards
carly
Member # 5244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for carly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi was wondering if anyone would know how easy it is to obtain a two bedroomed flat in a nice spot in cairo...clean and tidy with a/c, just looking to rent it for four nights...how much would i have to pay?
also secondly how easy is it to find international telephone cards in cairo to call the uk...and how much time would be given from one landline in cario to another in the uk...
thanks for any help in advance...

Posts: 11 | From: london, uk | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malak
Member # 3654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for malak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[[B]hi was wondering if anyone would know how easy it is to obtain a two bedroomed flat in a nice spot in cairo...clean and tidy with a/c, just looking to rent it for four nights

Hi Carly- Very unlikley to get one for 4 nights only , may be for 1 week, you would have to ask apartment attendents in which ever area you wanted to stay, they would know whats available for such short rental. You would be better off getting a cheap hotel, plenty available.

...how much would i have to pay?

Hotel for 4 nights- maybe 100EP per night or $20 dollars, is a good rate.

also secondly how easy is it to find international telephone cards in cairo to call the uk...and how much time would be given from one landline in cario to another in the uk

International phone cards I have no idea.

Posts: 288 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WELSHLADYUK
Member # 5356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WELSHLADYUK   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I rent in Maadi, Cairo and to be honest it would be virtually impossible to rent for just 4 nights, far better to take a hotel for that short a time. In my experience it is difficult to rent short term for 3 months, never mind 4 days.

You can find a room in a clean hotel for between 70-150LE per night, it would work out cheaper for you too.

Regarding international telephone, well if your here for a short period of time then go to Vodaphone in Carrefour, Maadi and get a "holiday line" it can last you up to 60 days and cost around 70LE. It will work out cheaper for you to call in Egypt, for a short call home and even cheaper to text anywhere.

[This message has been edited by WELSHLADYUK (edited 18 January 2005).]

Posts: 203 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hkhodier
Member # 705

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for hkhodier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi
Posts: 106 | From: cairo,egypt | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thistle
Member # 6024

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for thistle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carly,
Check out our website, www.nileview.com we are doing b and b for 150le a night, fantastic views down on the corniche.
Ruth

Posts: 27 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemonspice
Member # 5667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemonspice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If ur looking for something cheap, check out the countless hostels in downtown, around tahrir sq,in ta'alat harb st. Most of them are clean, and they charge from 30-50 pounds/night.They've got a 'living room' with a tv, different nationalities,in the center of town.not bad,eh?I know Sunhotel is one of the best there,next to kentucky building on tal'at harb st. There's lialy hostel too,and the canadian hostel,etc.
As for the int'l phonecards,u could use a payphone, like menatl.Cards from 10,20,50,100le. A min to UK would be around 3.5-4le Another choice would be home cards(Telecard)-but u need a landline for that..well,G'luck!

Posts: 604 | From: Cairo,Egypt | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com