EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Lake Nasser

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lake Nasser
Rich5754
Member # 6495

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rich5754     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We hope to do a cruise on Lake Nasser when we next visit Egypt.

Has anyone been on this cruise or know of a good company or boat?

Thanks

Posts: 11 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there's only one (unlike the luxor-aswan cruises) and it's absolutely stunning. dark cherry wood, very art deco 1920s, docks right in front of abu simbel temple. rooms are beautiful. haven't been on it, but when i was at abu simbel, was curious and went on board and got a tour of the place. to me it had the style lacking in most of the 5 star boats cruising the luxor-aswan route. that said, one thing i didn't like about lake nasser were the bugs.
Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
denisegr
Member # 5167

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for denisegr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We went with Cooks as part of a package spending 4 days on the Lake. Sailing towards Abu Simbel was amazing, and the sound and light show was fantastic.
Posts: 26 | From: england | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mydream
Member # 4638

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for mydream     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys
The Lake Nasser cruise sounds great and would be so exciting to sail to Abu Simbel.
Can you tell me where the boat sails from?
Aswan perhaps???? and no doubt quite easy to book on arrivial in Egypt???

Posts: 97 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.eugenie.com.eg/default.asp

you should book before coming to egypt to make certain there's availability on the dates you want. sailing dates vary - under "tour program". just do a search on the internet and you can compare shop among the plethora of travel agents offering this package. it may even be cheaper if you combine with other package tours, etc.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mydream
Member # 4638

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for mydream     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks ExptinCAI
You always come up with useful information!!!
I will follow your instructions - thanks again

Posts: 97 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Hi,

I see there is many kinds of cruises, so what is the diffrence in Lake Nasser than Luxor-Aswan cruise, and which is nicer.

Thanks

Karim

Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com