EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Which boat?? Which Travel company?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Which boat?? Which Travel company?
Chud
Member # 6913

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chud     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,
Am going to Egypt in August and intend to do a cruise on the Nile (know it will be hot!)
Three questions really:
Would you recommend Kuoni as a travel company to go with?
Which boat should we go on? I know that there are hundreds, we were thinking of either the MS Sherry, the Nile Romance or the MS Sun Ray. Any one been on either of these?
Also, does it make a difference whether you are on the lower, middle or upper deck?

Posts: 1 | From: York, North Yorkshire, UK | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lower decks of boats - you are nearer the water, your windows won't open.

Middle decks - I think these are very good, have been in those each time.

Upper Deck - yes better view but you will probably be nearer to the disco etc. If you don't mind a bit of noise - go for these. It will probably cost you more though as they are usually a bit bigger.

Haven't been on any of the boats you mentioned, but the Presidential Nile Cruise Company, The Commodore boat was excellent with a capital E.

Also went on the Flash 1 through Cosmos - forget it, the best that could be said was the walk down the gangplank at the end of the week.

Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first trip was on the MS Sherry. Very 4* boat. If you saw my post in the other tread about Hurghada.... Wise woman took the thread back to Nile cruises...LOL, you'll see that I didn't enjoy this cruise. It wasn't because of the boat, but the boat didn't help anything. It has small cabins and as I recall the shower stall was nothing more than a shower curtain without even the pan to collect the water.... I don't recall exactly except that it was too darn small. Give me a boat with a real bathtub in it every time...even though I don't do baths, I prefer a real tub for my showers.

Regarding what deck to be on....it really doesn't matter that much. You aren't in your cabin enough to really be too concerned with it. The only major hint I'd give is to try to get a room as far from the engines as possible because on the rare occasion you are trying to sleep while the boat is moving, the engines are loud...as can be the disco as mentioned above.

www.casualcairodetours.pyramids.net

[This message has been edited by Debbie (edited 19 March 2005).]

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com