EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Flowers in Luxor

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Flowers in Luxor
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More help needed for my family’s visit! My parents will be starting their Nile Cruise on their wedding anniversary, in mid-April, and my father wanted some flowers in the cabin on their arrival, but he was told that Kuoni didn't recommend this as flowers wilt too quickly - would a bowl of fruit do?! Not really what he wanted! So he is asking if flowers in Luxor are really out of the question in mid-April. If so would/could a vase/decoration of grasses/reeds/bullrushes (!) etc be possible or a posy of small flowers. He says that the occasion needs to be marked and he can hardly present my mother with a bouquet at 4am before leaving the house or at the airport for her to sit clutching it in the plane or ramming it in the overhead lockers. Any suggestions/advice?
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a flower shop at the bottom of Television Street which do absolutely beautiful flower arrangements. Put them in water and add a spoonful of sugar. Mine lasted nearly 3 weeks.
Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The flowers here are beautiful and last as long as they would in England. I think that the tou people just do not want the bother of finding them and changing the water regularly.
Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone for your advice on this and the luggage issue, I passed the information on and they were very grateful for it.
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com