EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » AAAA need info again

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: AAAA need info again
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok here it goes, I know that christians in Egypt cannot remarry if they divorce.. heres my question, If the egyptian christian has never married but his foreign fiance who is christian has married and divorced in the states, can they get married in Egypt? Will the church allow it???
Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It depends if his foreign fiancee married back in the States only civil or at a church. As far as I know civil marriages are not recognized by the church.

Good luck for them both!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Married in a church but not a coptic church.And actually that church does not exsist any more... but of course the church in egypt doesnt know any of that,, so if they were not told it was in a church,, it was a non denominational

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm confused!! How can you have a non-denominational church??
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why start a new marriage based on lies, and lets be honest they would be big ones.

You are divorced so the proper thing to do is go for a civil marriage in Egypt. You may be able to get a church blessing after the civil marriage in Egypt then if not in your own country at a later date...VISA permitting!

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
I'm confused!! How can you have a non-denominational church??

Here in the states there are all kinds of christian churches..some of which go by simply christian instead of protestant, catholic, baptist..etc..... the ones that go by just christian are called nondenominational....

bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh ok.. thanks.. excuse my ignorance.. I thought Christianity was a denomination!!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JYREETA
Member # 6739

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JYREETA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there are alot of non denominational churches in the states.and there is nothing wrong with it.how?you ask.because in america that's just how it is
Posts: 30 | From: dayton,ohio,u.s.a. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by JYREETA:
there are alot of non denominational churches in the states.and there is nothing wrong with it.how?you ask.because in america that's just how it is

Did I say there was anything wrong with it???

mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
Did I say there was anything wrong with it???

I dont think you did, maybe your words were taken wrong in the way you said excuse my ignorance, i think they thought you were being sarcastic.. Alls good. And to whichever one it was i think Penny, I do not intend to lie to the church, I was simply thinking that yes of course they must know i was divorced but do they necessarily have to know that the marriage took place in a church as it was not a church of their standing. And i wasnt suggesting a lie, only that if they do not ask about if it were in a church not to volunteer the info. But maybe i should give the full story so more understand and maybe one can give me an answer as to whether the church will allow it or not. I married when i was 16 and within a year discovered that my then husband had lied about alot of things about himself, then at 3 years he had an affair and admitted that he was using drugs,he became very jealous to the point i could not be 5 min late from returning from work without being screamed at while he himself refused to keep a job. I was told what to dress, who to talk to or more who not to, i was not allowed to speak with my family or friends, then about a year later yet another affair with someone. During this marriage i was not allowed to practice any religion as he felt it was all bullSH** which i was not aware of this feeling at the time of marriage. I was not to teach the children of god and i was not to attend church and could not even have a bible in the house. So after near 13 years I finally had enough when he became supposedly disabled ( which he is not) and spent all of his time in bed sleeping. I told him i wanted out. He moved out and we divorced. I wanted out so that i could find peace and have religion in my life and teach my children to follow god also. Enough said????/

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it was me who said about a lie...and being economical with the truth is the same thing. Denominational or not you married according to christian vows and we all know what that means.....till death do us part...that is why once you have made those vows in front of god any subsequent marriage does not normally take place in a church.

Sadly life does not always work in the way we intended...and just like in yours it becomes impossible to keep those vows, hence modern day divorce allows for the reality that things do not always work out. But the fact is you once made those vows and they cannot be unsaid.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mystic, given the circumstances you ended your marriage under; you may try to have this marriage annulled. That would be the only case that would allow you to remarry in a church again. Two obstacles I see in the annulment process, however: I think there is a time frame you should apply for it after discovering certain facts that qualify the marriage to be annulled (like addiction to drugs that the spouse was unaware of or mental illness), and also you would have to go to the Church officials that performed the marriage deal, and I understand you mentioned this Church does not exist any more.
In my humble opinion, the way of truth is the best way, no matter what is your religion. What really matters is your happiness and not what others think about the kind of your marriage ceremony. Talk to your fiancé and listen to your gut feeling. I sincerely wish you the best of luck.

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Thank you Kirah. It is too late to annul yes, divorce occurred 2 years ago. As for the death do us part, that was not stated in our vows... Actually there was no vow stated that said "forever" only in sickeness and in health and to honor and respect. No obey no til death, no let no one part this union but i will be honest with them , my intention was not to be otherwise. Only wondering if they would allow the ceremony there in egypt or not. But i have been given some advise on this matter to contact a coptic church here and ask them, if they approve to get a letter from them. Also i have spoken with my fiance and if they wont then the civil marriage is good for now and we will do the church wedding at a later time. I only wanted the church wedding there for the sake of his family. I know i can get one here. Thank you to all(smiles)
I cant believe sonomod didnt get in on this one, she seems to love tormenting people!!!!

Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even Sonomod must rest sometimes. Let's rejoice for it shall not last for long I feel.
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Karah_Mia:
Even Sonomod must rest sometimes. Let's rejoice for it shall not last for long I feel.

Sushhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh please don't wake her
Good luck with the marriage mysticheart

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com