EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » FAVORITE EGYPTIAN FOOD

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FAVORITE EGYPTIAN FOOD
JYREETA
Member # 6739

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JYREETA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HEY WHATS UP EVERYONE!WHO WANTS TO TELL ME WHAT THEIR FAVORITE EGYPTIAN FOOD IS?AND HOW TO MAKE IT?

Posts: 30 | From: dayton,ohio,u.s.a. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JYREETA:
HEY WHATS UP EVERYONE!WHO WANTS TO TELL ME WHAT THEIR FAVORITE EGYPTIAN FOOD IS?AND HOW TO MAKE IT?

I have no idea of the name of what is my favorite, its a cheese that i got from a store there. lol... I only know the brand name of it. But i wish I knew how to cook egyptian, I can cook everything else but i have yet to be able to find a cook book that tells egyptian foods

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mysticheart,

Nearly every book store has an Egyptian Cookery Book. It is in a green plastic cover and has just about every recipe imaginable.

Where are you?

Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JYREETA
Member # 6739

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JYREETA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THANKS ANYWAY MYSTIC HEART.WHERE IS EVERYONE?NO ONE WANTS TO WRITE.IT'S GETTING BORING
Posts: 30 | From: dayton,ohio,u.s.a. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
learnarabic
Member # 6918

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for learnarabic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JYREETA
How are you doing?

Well....ok

I like brown beans..often eat it at morning..BTY, most egyptians do it
It's like an Egyptian tradition to eat "FOOOL" - this is how we call black beans - almost every morning, with some oil on it, salad and bread...sometimes with chesse. Typical Egyptian breakfast !! hehe!

salam

mohamad

quote:
THANKS ANYWAY MYSTIC HEART.WHERE IS EVERYONE?NO ONE WANTS TO WRITE.IT'S GETTING BORING

Posts: 24 | From: Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Semsema:
Mysticheart,

Nearly every book store has an Egyptian Cookery Book. It is in a green plastic cover and has just about every recipe imaginable.

Where are you?

Im in the usa,, indiana.. ive looked in all the book stores around here and cant find anything as far as egyptian cook books. Maybe i will try the airport when i arrive in may to egypt

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JYREETA
Member # 6739

Rate Member
HI MYSTICHEART.SO,YOUR IN INDIANA?YOUR CLOSE TO ME.I WAS BORN IN DAYTON OHIO,BUT LIVE IN COLUMBUS.SO WHAT PART OF EGYPT ARE YOU GOING TO?I'M GOING TO CAIRO SOMETIME IN APRIL.I WAS SUPPOSE TO GO LAST MONTH,BUT I HAD A PROBLEM WITH MY PASSPORT.THE PASSPORT AGENCY TOLD ME THEY WANT ME TO PROVE I'M AMERICAN????????????????ISN'T THAT CRAZY?THEY HAVE MY SOCIAL SECURITY #,MY DRIVER LICENSE,BIRTH CERTIFICATE.AND NOW THEY WANT 3 DOCUMENTS FROM THE YEAR 2000 OR BEFORE WITH MY NAME AND DATES.SO I SENT ALL THAT STUFF OFF TO THEM LAST WEEK.ONCE I HAVE MY PASSPORT I WILL BOOK MY TICKET AND LEAVE.HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF THE PASSPORT AGENCY EVER BEING SO DIFFICULT?I HAVNT.ANYWAY GOOD LUCK ON YOUR TRIP,AND HEY,IF YOUR GOING TO BE IN CAIRO EMAIL ME:JYREETA@YAHOO.COM.I WILL STILL BE THERE IN MAY(HOPEFULLY)
JYREETA
Member # 6739

Rate Member
THANKS MOHAMED.BEANS AND SALAD AND CHEESE?WOW WHAT A COMBINATION.I NEVER HEARD OF THAT FOR BREAKFAST.HERE WE EAT CEREAL AND MILK OR OATMEAL.BUT A BIG BREAKFAST WOULD PROBABLY CONSIST OF EGGS,PANCAKES,SAUSAGE OR BACON,FRUIT,ORANGE JUICE AND MILK!I DON'T RECOMMEND EATING ALL THAT FOOD.BUT UNFORTUNATELY ALOT OF AMERICANS DO!!I JUST EAT CEREAL AND MILK.BUT IF MY FAMILY IS HAVING A BIG GET TOGETHER THEN WE WILL COOK ALL THAT FOOD AND HAVE A GOOD TIME!
habedu
Member # 7025

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for habedu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey jyreel .. he didn't mean they are all mixed together .. al he ment is they may be at the same table I think .. lol . people here eat more than you think ,, and more unhealthy stuff ,, but it seems tat we the Egyptions have very good resistance for bakterias .... lol
Posts: 159 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
quote:
HI MYSTICHEART.SO,YOUR IN INDIANA?YOUR CLOSE TO ME.I WAS BORN IN DAYTON OHIO,BUT LIVE IN COLUMBUS.SO WHAT PART OF EGYPT ARE YOU GOING TO?I'M GOING TO CAIRO SOMETIME IN APRIL.I WAS SUPPOSE TO GO LAST MONTH,BUT I HAD A PROBLEM WITH MY PASSPORT.THE PASSPORT AGENCY TOLD ME THEY WANT ME TO PROVE I'M AMERICAN????????????????ISN'T THAT CRAZY?THEY HAVE MY SOCIAL SECURITY #,MY DRIVER LICENSE,BIRTH CERTIFICATE.AND NOW THEY WANT 3 DOCUMENTS FROM THE YEAR 2000 OR BEFORE WITH MY NAME AND DATES.SO I SENT ALL THAT STUFF OFF TO THEM LAST WEEK.ONCE I HAVE MY PASSPORT I WILL BOOK MY TICKET AND LEAVE.HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF THE PASSPORT AGENCY EVER BEING SO DIFFICULT?I HAVNT.ANYWAY GOOD LUCK ON YOUR TRIP,AND HEY,IF YOUR GOING TO BE IN CAIRO EMAIL ME:JYREETA@YAHOO.COM.I WILL STILL BE THERE IN MAY(HOPEFULLY)

Yes i am in central indiana, I am going to be in cairo just for a day in the beginning then we will travel to aswan to his family then to cairo again for about 10 days, then to luxor and then hurghada after that... busy busy lool, and no i have not ever heard of the passport agency being like that , not if you gave them your birth certificate and social security card and then of course your mothers birthdate and place and fathers birthdate and place,, i also had to give their social security numbers, that is silly that they ask for more than this... Hope every thing goes well for you getting that passport, i had no trouble with mine thank goodness... just waiting on the translated papers of my divorce from embassy, they said that they would translate the day they recieved and return it then,, i sent it priority a week ago this past wednesday so it took 2 days to get to them and i sent return priority too.. i thought by thursday but its friday now and still nothing, i'll call monday if i dont get it tomorrow.. when i get to cairo for the 10 days, i will email and see if you are still there or not.. nice talking to you

lemonspice
Member # 5667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemonspice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Jyreeta, you must be excited about your trip to egypt, it will be a memorable one! A great website for egyptian recipes that you will enjoy a lot is: www.wasfasahla.com
In Arabic, it actually means, 'an easy recipe' Hope u find them easy too!

Posts: 604 | From: Cairo,Egypt | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JYREETA
Member # 6739

Rate Member
LOL HABEDU,I THOUGHT HE MENT THEY MIX ALL THAT FOOD TOGETHER.I WAS LIKE,IN MY MIND THINKING HMMMM INTERESTING COMBINATION
I WAS ALSO THINKING.....I DONT THINK I'LL BE EATING THAT IN EGYPT HHHMMMMM
THANKS FOR THE WEBSITE LEMON SPICE
HEY MYSTICHEART,WOW,I GUESS THEY TREAT EVERYONES PASSPORT APPLICATION DIFFERENT.ORIGINALLY THEY TOLD ME ALL I NEEDED WAS DRIVER LICENSE,BIRTH CERTIFICATE,AND THE MONEY TO GET THE PASSPORT.THEY NEVER ASKED FOR MY PARENTS SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS,OR MY SOCIAL SECURITY CARD.EVEN NOW THEY DONT ASK FOR THAT INFORMATION.BUT ANYWAY IT DOESN'T MATTER.I'M NOT MAD ABOUT IT ANYMORE.JUST PATIENTLY TRYING TO WAIT,AND SEE IF THERE IS ANY PERSONAL BUSINESS THAT I NEED TO TAKE CARE OF BEFORE I GO.HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND EVERYONE!

mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
quote:
LOL HABEDU,I THOUGHT HE MENT THEY MIX ALL THAT FOOD TOGETHER.I WAS LIKE,IN MY MIND THINKING HMMMM INTERESTING COMBINATION
I WAS ALSO THINKING.....I DONT THINK I'LL BE EATING THAT IN EGYPT HHHMMMMM
THANKS FOR THE WEBSITE LEMON SPICE
HEY MYSTICHEART,WOW,I GUESS THEY TREAT EVERYONES PASSPORT APPLICATION DIFFERENT.ORIGINALLY THEY TOLD ME ALL I NEEDED WAS DRIVER LICENSE,BIRTH CERTIFICATE,AND THE MONEY TO GET THE PASSPORT.THEY NEVER ASKED FOR MY PARENTS SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS,OR MY SOCIAL SECURITY CARD.EVEN NOW THEY DONT ASK FOR THAT INFORMATION.BUT ANYWAY IT DOESN'T MATTER.I'M NOT MAD ABOUT IT ANYMORE.JUST PATIENTLY TRYING TO WAIT,AND SEE IF THERE IS ANY PERSONAL BUSINESS THAT I NEED TO TAKE CARE OF BEFORE I GO.HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND EVERYONE!

i just went to my local court house and filled out the application, i had to have a copy of my birth certificate and social security card and then on the application it asked for the information of my mother and father.. lol i used my mobile to call my mother and get the info. and of course the money

JYREETA
Member # 6739

Rate Member
MYSTICHEART,I DID MY APPLICATION AT THE POST OFFICE.I HOPE TO GET MY PASSORT SOON IM TOOO ANXIOUS TO GO
I CANT WAIT TO SEE CAIRO !!!!!!!!!!!!!

mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
quote:
MYSTICHEART,I DID MY APPLICATION AT THE POST OFFICE.I HOPE TO GET MY PASSORT SOON IM TOOO ANXIOUS TO GO
I CANT WAIT TO SEE CAIRO !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Egypt is a wonderful place, what i have seen of it, i have spent time in cairo and sharm, i love sharm. Cairo is nice too but parts of it are not... but any place is like that. I think i like the restaurants and people better in cairo than in sharm, sharm is full of tourists. In any case Egypt is so wonderful, you will enjoy your time.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com