EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Wedding dress

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wedding dress
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi again,
Ok ladies in egypt, how much can i expect to pay for a wedding dress there and how fast can i get one???? And where do i go to find it??? I am small, the size in usa is a 4 , i know sizes there are different you go by the european sizing system but i dont know how to do that. So here in the states i wear a size 4..

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mysticheart,

In Cairo there are lots of Bridal Shops. Sorry I can't help with the prices. Perhaps one of the kind Members who lives in Cairo will be able to give you more info. The other option is to get one made. Good Luck!

Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is definately a question that can't be answered. We have no idea what you want. Probably you'd be SOOOO much better off to buy one in the states and bring it with you. At the very very very least bring a picture of what you want, so you can show it to the shops and they can help find something similar. I'm 100% sure you can buy a wedding dress for as little as LE400 (seen em at the Wikala e Bala) to more than LE100,000. If you've got the time, you could give a go at having one made but that may take more time than you have.

Good luck.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egyptian sizes go by the European standards for the most part. Size 4 would be 34, but I have noticed in Egypt sizes are smaller than what would be an American equivalent, so you would probably fit into 36. Also, party/wedding dresses have a tendency to be smaller as 'regular' ones (all over the world, darn it! LOL) so you can easily ask for the size 38 wedding dress to try on to begin with.
Good luck on your dress hunt, I am getting excited for you already!

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com