EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Are they super lovers or what???!!! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Are they super lovers or what???!!!
BarbieGirl
Member # 8521

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for BarbieGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all! Am new here but have been looking through the posts for about 2 months! Gr8 forum for Egypt!!!
I love the place to death! Have been ther 8 times already and planning next trip in oct. what really surprises me though about foriegn women in Egypt is how easily it is for the local guys to sweet talk them! I am a British woman...29 y.o and single with no kids! Each time I go to Egypt of course i get the attention they give to the tall, blonde and blue eyed type. i've ben sweet talked to death and proposed to countless times. However i have never given in to them...and they eventually leave me alone and go for the next one! how nieve are some of you?? Please think twice before you go for these guys! how many hearts need to be broken before u realise that u are just the next one on the list??
Makes me think these guys must be super lovers or something!!! lol!
Saying all this out of concern! Take care of yourselves! All the best!
Cheers!

Posts: 5 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi how are you? well i'm glad you don't give in to those guys, and not changing your mind about egypt.
i'm an egyptian girl, but i'm glad you opened this subjet because i've been wondering about that myself ever since i came to ES.
i was in sharm in early july, and i saw so many foreign girls with egyptian guys who were so obviously after something other than love. i remember while i was sitting in a cafe, i saw this gorgous foreign woman who looked like she's from eastern europe, and i'm serious she's GORGOUS and she was all over this seriously UGLY egyptian guy and i mean ugly. and not just that he was so vulgar speaking in aloud voice, swearing and constantly spitting on the floor and on his friend (not kidding) who was sitting with them. and i was thinking what is a beauty like her doing with him?!
but i want to cut these women some slack. i really think these men somehow fool them, and i really want to know what exactly they tell or do to them, is it some kind of magic? i'm looking forward to hearing other people's replies.

best

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate to say this here, but i will.

I live in a diverse community. And I am noticing how smart, good looking black men who work hard and are basically good guys. They are monogamous, if not married to these huge, ugly stupid white women. I can't understand why these black men think 'White is right'. Worse yet these guys could have easily gotten a better white woman. These women are near or over 300lbs. By the facial expression and their behavior I would easily consider that they are mentally disabled, IQ below average. Does this make them easier to control? A socail security check take the financial pressure off of them?

And then there are some couples where the white woman is beautiful, brilliant, dedicated and the black man is her equal. And these very men claim white women are better at raising children. What a bunch of bullshit. It makes me blood boil.

As I see it African American woman are far more protective and centered on their children. And I know white guys who have married up, a African Ameircan woman who is better educated, better employed, has better family and this white boy is totally at peace with her. The race thing doesn't even come up with an African American woman and a white man. Why?

Yet the BS about African men having long shlongs go on. White college boys go into strip joints just to see Black girls dance and strut. While 40% of children in America are halfies. Mixed completely. Thank God Almighty for the next generation.

I can't wait to have all this racial BS left behind in America's past.

What makes a super lover, generousity, sensitivity, knowledge, and commitment. No hang ups.

Please stop refering to people of different ethnicities like a ringmaster would at a oddity shop!

ARGHHH! I hate being a cracker, I hate being a cracker, I HATE BEING A CRACKER, I HATE BEING A CRACKER, I HATE BEING A CRACKER!!?%&$%o**$%###

I heard something explode, what the hell was that.... heck that was me.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BarbieGirl
Member # 8521

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BarbieGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, thanks a lot for the replie so far! I have been stomped with this matter every time i go to Egypt!! On my last trip i started talking to a beautiful 23 year old girl from New Zealand who was hanging around with a egyptian guy who was more or least ok looking. he wasnt "black" in colour but was paler than she was! Anyway i asked her why she with this guy who is so arrogant and seemed to take pleasure in making this girl look like an idiot???! She would try to say some words in arabic and he would so rudely correct her saying "if you dont know how to say than dont say it." After he went off somewhere, i went over to her and ask her what was up with this dude? She said he is usually nice and sweet...besides he is her husband!!!!!!!!!! Yes, another victim of the orfi!! I told her it is not legal and that he using her for something. She thanked me for the info but insisted that this guy loves her and they can work out all their problems!
Seems like to me these DO use some kind of brainwashing technique!! Oh my poor sisters! Please if it sound like you in one of these stories...wake up and think what you really getting into!
And on the race subject..i dont feel any bad thing about any race bcuz there are bad guys and girls too from every race on the planet! Waiting too for next generation...Insh'Allah they will be smarter!!!

Posts: 5 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Isis83
Member # 8438

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Isis83     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BarbieGirl:
Well, thanks a lot for the replie so far! I have been stomped with this matter every time i go to Egypt!! On my last trip i started talking to a beautiful 23 year old girl from New Zealand who was hanging around with a egyptian guy who was more or least ok looking. he wasnt "black" in colour but was paler than she was! Anyway i asked her why she with this guy who is so arrogant and seemed to take pleasure in making this girl look like an idiot???! She would try to say some words in arabic and he would so rudely correct her saying "if you dont know how to say than dont say it." After he went off somewhere, i went over to her and ask her what was up with this dude? She said he is usually nice and sweet...besides he is her husband!!!!!!!!!! Yes, another victim of the orfi!! I told her it is not legal and that he using her for something. She thanked me for the info but insisted that this guy loves her and they can work out all their problems!
Seems like to me these DO use some kind of brainwashing technique!! Oh my poor sisters! Please if it sound like you in one of these stories...wake up and think what you really getting into!
And on the race subject..i dont feel any bad thing about any race bcuz there are bad guys and girls too from every race on the planet! Waiting too for next generation...Insh'Allah they will be smarter!!!

Well, since the cat's outta the bag...
I thank you for your concern to all us who fall into the category of "foriegn girls." I'll now be even more paranoid of these guys dirty ways!
Well, I dont have blonde hair nor blue eyes...but hey, to a dog (which is what these guys act like) a bone is a bone right?? LOL!!!
Peace&Luv

Posts: 94 | From: India | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Isis83
Member # 8438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Isis83     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Paint Me As I Am:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Isis83:
[b] Well, since the cat's outta the bag...
I thank you for your concern to all us who fall into the category of "foriegn girls." I'll now be even more paranoid of these guys dirty ways!
Well, I dont have blonde hair nor blue eyes...but hey, to a dog (which is what these guys act like) a bone is a bone right?? LOL!!!
Peace&Luv

Isis 83--I like that...cute..

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL... well, for sure haveing more knowledge of thier evil ways- And being more Wise since: "The Cat is out of the Bag.. " Better says " WHO LET THE DOGS OUT"?? - A song u would hear in any store u shop at....

Good Idea- next time toss a bone and go "WOOF,WOFF" I would love to see the expression on their face.. :-)

Jannah[/B][/QUOTE]

Hi Jannah!
Yeah I'll surely have to try throwing them a bone! I'll take snaps of their expressions and post them for all to see!!!
Luv&Hugs!

Posts: 94 | From: India | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Simiply, egyptian women have heard the sweet talk all their lives. They demand action from the guy. (Sometimes it goes a bit overboard with the materialism and the gifts, the furnished flat, the car, etc.)

But - they operate under the assumptions it's all talk and look for the action behind the words.

Western women? They believe the words. Combination of silly fairy tales, the mystical love-at-first sight, and going out in the heat with no hat probably.

And, let's not forget that most of them do think it's a holiday romance and get suckered in AFTER they leave. When the guy starts the SMSing, the international calls, the 'can't live without you, I fell in love with you' bit. In my opinion, that's where the level-headed women lose their capacity to think. They expect never to hear from the guy again and when he acts like someone out of a movie.... well, you want to believe it could happen.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RaniaMe
Member # 7590

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RaniaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think Egyptian girls expect actions at all! Most of them are so naive, like teenagers and they are the ones who like the sweet talks! Spending hours finding cards with big hearts on them, bears with big hearts, whatever!! I always found this so amazing.
These foreign girls with these tourist guys, if they were not with these men, they would be with the same kind of people in their own country. They are very naive and weak women. How could someone mature accept to get married after one month? I'm not blaming them at all, I pity her, but like this girl BarbieGirl told us about, who was treated so rudely by her BF, they are blind, and no one can help them until the day they decide themselves to be helped.

[This message has been edited by RaniaMe (edited 02 August 2005).]

Posts: 213 | From: Paris/ Le Caire | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good post, ExptinCAI. It's about what is deficit where and what one then considers most important. In the west/north furniture is no problem (is v. cheap indeed) and is definitely no sign of love. While not only words are rare but even true emotions are rare. An average northern man is about as emotional and understandable as a tin preserve with no lable. To find a person who 1) is not afraid to show emotions and 2) can actually communicate with woman, is quite rare I think, if he is also supposed to be heterosexual and of at least some practical help in life.

How to differ full saucy emotions from empty banging words is a matter of experience, so just keep calm and keep trying, gals - some are luckier or less demanding but for others it may take years until you learn to recognise, or find, the true vine.

P.S. Special warning for Barbies: if you are a Barbie, do not complain when you get Barbie treatment, because what serious man plays with dolls???

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
didi_elsayed
Member # 4763

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for didi_elsayed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi girls..
actually this topic is too boaring for me already,but maybe as i "suppose" to be in the list of foreign women married for egyptian,this is what makes me write!
I dont feel myself poor,coz im married for my husband,even right the opposite,but its good to underline here,that no man ever dare to treat me as the girls which u met in the plane,and married for egyptian or not,no matter the race and all,the woman must have selfrespect,and not let any man treat her like this,for no reason!
Imhappily married for my husband and im not an old tourist,married for him,coz of his interests,like i can say 80% and more from the cases!I`m sad for them really,coz i was witness of many,many stories like this,and i can say that really in some of them its so damn obvious for what is that man with this woman,as 7aya said,beautiful women with really scary ugly egyptian!In many cases sure,not only the man is ugly,the women too,haha! The sad here,is that old women enough to be their moms...and the last case i readed was 66 years old woman,well.....excuse me but how this old woman can believe he love her truly,its IMPOSSIBLEEEEEE!i believe that in little difference in the age,its possible,even a lot of young men prefer more old women,acceptable,ok!But 66,come on!!!!!
And i believe that she was "crystally clear" that he is not crazy in love,and she is who use in this case,she just use the last opportunity to feel that someone likes her,or acting so...!She pretend,but i cant believe that she dont know whats going on in real!
Maybe they are not great lovers Barbie....but definately they know good how to make the women feel real women,even if its farce!
The sad true is that,the one is acting,& the other seems to be the victim!
It`s so much easy when the both know its just a holiday flirt,but not to lie themselves...like they do!
And sonomod,not all thinks that the white is always better,even the facts show that they really adore their own egyptian women,& they truly respect them for their true morals,for their selfrespect,and so many other things,and no matter how many u see with european women now,the women that they really adore and respect,is the egyptian woman,which really fits to them perfectly from everywhere!
Anyway,a marriage with egyptian(successful) is possible only if you try to understand him,his ideas,his religion and respect this,but ill repeat that this must be from the both sides!
If theres no love and respect,forget it!
So your advice is good for the girls who accept all from them,simply because they are afraid not to lost them,me personally ,i prefer to lost him,but not to be treated like i`m s***,& this will never happen!
Wish luck to all of you!
Hugs idi

Posts: 1134 | From: NoNe oF uR BuSiNeS | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hassancheb
Member # 4863

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hassancheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:

ARGHHH! I hate being a cracker, I hate being a cracker, I HATE BEING A CRACKER, I HATE BEING A CRACKER, I HATE BEING A CRACKER!!?%&$%o**$%###

I heard something explode, what the hell was that.... heck that was me.

Well move into a home with no wheels, Trailer Park Barbie, and you won't have to be a cracker anymore.

P.S. I hope that explosion wasn't the air going out one the tires on your home, lol.

Posts: 358 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hassancheb
Member # 4863

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hassancheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry I hate when people have names like barbiegirl, pritiperson, silly names and brag about their blonde hair and blue eyes, how pretentious!

What I read into the names alone, is an insecure person, saying, hey look at me, I'm the status of beauty, yet I have to come all the way to Egypt to get a man because none in my own country want me.

When in reality, the men in your own country are intelligent enough to recognize the bleached highlights, the blue contacts, the dark roots, overall fakeness that Egyptian men may buy in to.

This is why some flock to Egypt by the hundreds, convincing themselves that they are some prized possession, while its so easy to fill her head up with more nonsense, she's already under the false impression that she's superior to Egyptian women before she even steps off the plane.

Meanwhile he's taking her money, and saving it to give his prized virgin some day, after he has built a future with the money he scammed off foreigners. It's time for you women to wake up and stop talking about how good a lover he is, or how pretty you are, all the superficial things that don't lead to a lasting relationship. Looks fade over time, and men are no longer in their sexual peak after 35 years old, you already know this, this is why you cheat on your British husbands, and go redezvous with some young Egyptian stud, who after giving you back the Karma hard in your face, you come to websites looking for sympathy.

Oh they are not naive at all, maybe some 16 year old kid, yeah, but these old women like Luxorlover are very clever and calculating.

Posts: 358 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
didi_elsayed
Member # 4763

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for didi_elsayed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many things which you say about the acts of egyptian man is true,sad but true!Really a lot of them marry to rich,or lets say good material status woman,from America(the best case),or Canada,London,or anywhere,i know a case,common friend of my husband,he marry a Holland woman(ORFI if course ),she was very rich and important in her country,she arranged for him visa(i still wonder how so fast,must be from important friends),as this take for me half year,even i dont live in rich country,for all the bullshits they make to us,it was real circus,just to kill our nerves!
Sooo,can you imagine how much the poor guy was able to stay there....after he saw what a life she live there,which was totally unacceptable for him as a person,man,and muslim,and as husband!??
Well he stay there 2 months and half...even too long from his words,she didnt respect him for nothing,left him alone at home and in the same time she was"working" at cafes with colleages,and every night asked him to go out with someone else,and make parties,on which a lot of guys touched her,and dance together,the poor guy really was crushed!
And i wont wonder if he hate now all european women after her,and begin to use them only for money,or just to make them suffer!There are many guys thinking like this in egypt,i know thousand stories which my husband told me and i was shocked really!
The most cases like you say,Hassan they use their money and go back to Egypt where they actually marry for egyptians...even their cousins,to be sure they are good,with kept morals,and selfrespect!As the most important is this,to think with the same way!
This is the reason the most mariages arent successful with foreigners....just they are not ready of compromises!big mistake in my eyes!
I can`t judje noone,and i dont want to....but if a foreign women want to marry for egyptian,and to be really with future,dont think that your life will continue as before,without you respect him!
I wish luck to everyone,
lot`s of true love,and happiness!
Regards:didi

Posts: 1134 | From: NoNe oF uR BuSiNeS | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hassancheb:
Well move into a home with no wheels, Trailer Park Barbie, and you won't have to be a cracker anymore.

P.S. I hope that explosion wasn't the air going out one the tires on your home, lol.

Oh you don't understand sarcasm through your gin and valium haze. I was making a self-depracating joke.

And my home is a first level apartment in a nice downtown neighborhood overrun by drunken yuppies.

while you attack people who try so hard to look as good as I do, you forget the extreme 'Joan Rivers ' wind tunnel look you sport. The only reason why you don't wear makeup is because too much of it will define the massive crevices in your complexion that the plastic surgeon couldn't stretch out. And you don't have enough class to apply make up correctly. You've tried for too many years to apply make up the way your husband's Shia Muu't woman does.

Can't teach an old dog new tricks.

And buy the way, while you ridicule British ladies for being suckered by boy toys you yourself are part of a post-Detriot trend.

When the boom of American car making ended the upper management decided to wed off their daughters to Arabs building their son in laws business prospects up so they could invest in special OPEC investment clubs and transfer their stocks from failing automotive producing corporations (that they themselves drove into the ground) to Oil.

And then some of the middle class in Michigan immitated the former Automotive Execs and couldn't tell the difference between a Saudi and a Lebanese.

But its nice your parents bought a husband for you.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BarbieGirl
Member # 8521

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for BarbieGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'm sorry I hate when people have names like barbiegirl, pritiperson, silly names and brag about their blonde hair and blue eyes, how pretentious!

What I read into the names alone, is an insecure person, saying, hey look at me, I'm the status of beauty, yet I have to come all the way to Egypt to get a man because none in my own country want me.

When in reality, the men in your own country are intelligent enough to recognize the bleached highlights, the blue contacts, the dark roots, overall fakeness that Egyptian men may buy in to.

This is why some flock to Egypt by the hundreds, convincing themselves that they are some prized possession, while its so easy to fill her head up with more nonsense, she's already under the false impression that she's superior to Egyptian women before she even steps off the plane.

Meanwhile he's taking her money, and saving it to give his prized virgin some day, after he has built a future with the money he scammed off foreigners. It's time for you women to wake up and stop talking about how good a lover he is, or how pretty you are, all the superficial things that don't lead to a lasting relationship. Looks fade over time, and men are no longer in their sexual peak after 35 years old, you already know this, this is why you cheat on your British husbands, and go redezvous with some young Egyptian stud, who after giving you back the Karma hard in your face, you come to websites looking for sympathy.

Oh they are not naive at all, maybe some 16 year old kid, yeah, but these old women like Luxorlover are very clever and calculating.

Well you obviously not referring to me! Cuz if the name puts you off then it only means u are insecure bout your looks!!!
I dont go to Egypt to find a man cuz if i did i think by the 8th time i would have been with one...its obvious! but maybe too much for you to comprehend...am i going too fast for u dear??
And if you dont like my name than simply stay away from my post and ignore it!!! I will also have u to know that my real first name IS BARBIE!!!!!!!!! it a girl's name after all!!!!

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMIGOD. I can only imagine the stupid jokes you had to deal with all your life. Did you ever think to change it legally?
Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 7880

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for 54321     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BarbieGirl,

I think the solution for your case is to try to find a guy like the girl from New Zealand as soon as possible. I wander why someone interfers in some other lovers' relations in order to advice someone to leave the other especially if they don't complain !!!

And we now know you are not an idiot and don't giveup to the sweet words of those Egyptian guys...Enough for u

Posts: 206 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BarbieGirl
Member # 8521

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for BarbieGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
OMIGOD. I can only imagine the stupid jokes you had to deal with all your life. Did you ever think to change it legally?

Actually I did once I reached high school cuz everybody was calling me Barbie doll and got really annoying! Then that stupid Barbie Girl song came and evryone again started in. So now Barbie Girl is my nickname that has stuck for the past 4 years!

BarbieGirl
Member # 8521

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for BarbieGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 54321:
BarbieGirl,

I think the solution for your case is to try to find a guy like the girl from New Zealand as soon as possible. I wander why someone interfers in some other lovers' relations in order to advice someone to leave the other especially if they don't complain !!!

And we now know you are not an idiot and don't giveup to the sweet words of those Egyptian guys...Enough for u

Another one...if i see someone being treated badly anywhere of course im going to try and help. its called concern for your fellow humans...ass! Especially when that fellow human is so young and nieve. I think al sensible people here would agree. And why would i want a guy like she has? i am quite capable of finding a real man whether he from egypt or europe.
why dont you grow up and face the real problems being stated here...else go somewhere else with your smart remarks!!!!!!!!!

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by Corvinous (edited 13 August 2005).]

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Are they super lovers or what???!!!

Easy answer:

Try it and good luck!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Middle Eastern Barbie Dolls
http://www.library.cornell.edu/colldev/mideast/barbi.htm

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bear2000
Member # 8518

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bear2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was in sharm in early july, and i saw so many foreign girls with egyptian guys who were so obviously after something other than love. i remember while i was sitting in a cafe, i saw this gorgous foreign woman who looked like she's from eastern europe, and i'm serious she's GORGOUS and she was all over this seriously UGLY egyptian guy and i mean ugly. and not just that he was so vulgar speaking in aloud voice, swearing and constantly spitting on the floor and on his friend (not kidding) who was sitting with them. and i was thinking what is a beauty like her doing with him?!

The following points are specifically addressed to 7aya’s comments. It is not meant to humiliate or disgrace any group of people for their practices. People are people and we are all interested in their unique cultures and traditions. That is why we travel 8 times to one’s country because we want to be with them and associate with them. That is why people go west because they are curious. The limits and bonds of human interaction has been burst and humanity is finding itself closer and closer whether anyone wants it not not.

Dear 7aya!
You have raised a few interesting questions that I would like to address. These are indeed profound issues. As a journalist you are raising good questions and I would encourage you to even do a story on it. Why not? All the comments on this board can be a story. After all these are views of people from all over the world!

Firstly we must differentiate what BarbieGirl brought up from your message because in essence they are different subjects in nature.

What you witness at that cafe with the Egyptian guy I am guessing is the result of trafficking of young ladies for the purpose of sex. Unfortunately after the fall of Soviet Union a lot of the women left the country to find prosperity and economic good. BBC had a nice documentary on this. Many of these ladies were even told that they can become waitresses overseas in tourist city around the world and make thousands of dollars. The young ladies in Russia are fair skin, blond, green eyes and they wear tight cloths. The rest of the Soviet Union countries always followed the trends of Russia and looked at the Russians as the models of beauty. Today Ukraine, Russia, and Eastern Europe have the highest rate of trafficking in the middle-eastern countries for the obvious reason that Middle Eastern clients prefer their look. They target cities with high rate of foreigners, businessmen, etc. For instance Dubai is one of the hubs and I presume Sharm would also qualify to be one. If you are a male traveling without your family and check into a hotel in Dubai, your name goes on a master list and you will be contacted to attend the exclusive club. The club is located on a hidden classified location. You enter and all of sudden you shall see a HaremSarai filled with 100s of women with majority from Eastern Europe and Russia who are waiting to show you a good time. It is a big business all over these countries that middle-eastern men travel to and it is extended to Far East as far as Thailand, etc. They also know well that middle Easter men can marry more than one wife or they can do temporary marriage for one hr. or so. Therefore the question of monogamy is never on the mind of a middle eastern man. He feels no remorse. If you are a man and you fit the description they call you and invite you to these clubs. I am assuming the same pattern is exercised in Sharm. That is the Magic of an ugly man hanging around a gorgeous eastern European lady who is 20 years younger! Although since I was not there myself this is my guess.

Now in regards to the issues raised by BarbieGirl I would like to offer the following. The rest of the Egyptian guys, who don’t have the $300 to spend on a Russian gal, will have to find their love among the beautiful girls who come to Sharm for vacation. Their sense of low class encounter has nothing to do with their Egyptionness. Their behavior is a pattern that can be seen at almost any Middle Eastern country. For a guy from this part of the world woman is taboo, it is a mystery veiled under a sea of mysteries and secrecies. From childhood the boy sees that the women are kept separate and treated delicately. The boys hardly ever hang around girls. Schools are separate, outing is separate, swimming pools are separate, birthday parties are separate, school activities such as prom is separate, weddings are separate, etc. Naturally the boy develops a sense of curiosity to the nature of women in general. He wants to know what they like, what makes them happy and sad, what they smell like, how many shapes and varieties are out there. This is a sincere curiosity.

As he grows up he realizes that the western women are out in the open and they walk freely, speak up, laugh in public, smoke, take pictures. The boys take every opportunity they have on the street to check out the western women and see what they are all about. Of course it makes it very uncomfortable for the western woman who has never encounter this to be stared at for a long time. These boys become mesmerized and can’t let go. The western woman who feels uncomfortable will try to break the staring cycle by making a gesture of smile of saying hi or whatever. Then things start to go south. The boys get over excited with sexual joy and blessed with thrill think that they are so attractive that even women from the west like them. They start laughing and joking. This usually turns the western woman off. The capacity of excitement of a Middle Eastern guy is very low. He gets excited over a simple smile or hearing the melody of the voice or the scent of a woman.

The Eastern women are taught from childhood to deal with this “low-capacity” issue. They are trained not to ever smile at a boy, look into his eyes, let him hear her voice nor touch him. The western girls learn from childhood to respectfully play with all kids in the yard even the boys, talk to them, smile and with their body language keep a courteous relationship with all kids. This is way way above and beyond the highest of the highest capacities of a Middle Eastern man unless he is too trained from childhood to play with girls in the same yard or school or church or mosque.

When the western women go to the market all the shopkeepers want to to flirt with the them because they know that at the least there will be a smile or a courteous response. The similar invitation of a shopkeeper to a Middle Eastern lady may very well be responded by telling him to go to hell!

Let’s examine another aspect of this issue, which is truly sad. What do a Middle Eastern man knows about the western women? Where would they get their information? Obviously not all the Middle Eastern men travel to Europe or America. One may say TV. Did you know that the most popular shows on satellite TV is Baywatch, Friends, Sex and the city? Baywatch was a rejected show in the US and it never made it. But the re-runs have been played on TeleStar 5 for many years because it is a bunch of blond Americans girls on the beach. Sex and the city is on DVD sold in Afghanistan and it is the number one selling show. I understand they are bringing in “Desperate housewives” soon. With all these propaganda what is a Middle Eastern man learning? What are we teaching them about the values of a western woman? We are teaching them that the western ladies are easy, playful, lovers and all they ever talk about is sex. Not to mention all the porno movies that we put out in California every year, all the porno websites we put out from America and all the porno magazines we produce in the states to send to these countries because they do not have the right to produce then in Middle East and with all that oil money they can afford to purchase.

With this kind of vision and understanding of a western woman they come across a lady from London who is here for a restful vacation and is mature with lots of family values, a believer in God and laws of chastity and they think she is “Debbie Does Dallas!”

It would have been such beautiful scenery if the eastern men exercised chastity as the eastern women do. You see the issue of chastity is a big discussion and we will leave it for another time but look and see what makes a woman special unique beauty. It is their chastity. Alas that the society does not enforce in any shape of form chastity over men. Men can get away with all kinds of dirty encounters and still be called a good man. Women smiles at somebody and look what kinds of names they are called just over this website. If there is chastity in the books of God, it is for all human beings not for women only.

I think we trashed the Australian lady enough. But I think she is probably a person of much value as well. She probably practices chastity at home; she has a good life, and lives in accordance to the book. But when she travels for vacation she is gone to a different plane and want to stretch the limits. She wants to open up and drink and forget about what is right and what is wrong. She wants to try different things. That is why she is in Sharm!!!!! So she know that she has 5 days and anything goes! If she wants to have a sexual experience obviously she won’t want to try an Australian. I think it is easy to fall in love with a Eastern Man because they are sensitive and in a lot of areas naive.

You see I must say that east has a lot to learn about west and the west has a lot to learn about east. This is the destiny of humanity in this day and age. No matter what the trend is getting closer and closer. The two, if brought together in harmony and respect will make a very favorable combination and balance. Each nation, tribe, race and person has a unique thing that they can offer. After all that is why we are reading these pages!

Posts: 10 | From: Holyoke, MA, USA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

What the hell. Nobody is talking about prostitution. We're talking about normal people coming on a holiday and having a holiday romance with a non-tourist.

Very long-winded speech but what's it got to do with what is being discussed?

And whoah to the generalizations.

PS. Ever been to a pool of a five star hotel in Cairo on a Friday?

Humanized
Member # 8471

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Humanized     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well i guess bear2000 gave a more in depth view to the phenomena which everyone is talking about without discussing its causes not even the reasons behind it .

quote:
posted by bear2000
You see I must say that east has a lot to learn about west and the west has a lot to learn about east. This is the destiny of humanity in this day and age. No matter what the trend is getting closer and closer. The two, if brought together in harmony and respect will make a very favorable combination and balance. Each nation, tribe, race and person has a unique thing that they can offer. After all that is why we are reading these pages!

Quoted for truth !!

Posts: 817 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi, i actually liked bear post, it was very interesting and in depth. and yet it went a little off topic, but in a way its still part of the topic. because she was referring to a scene i said i saw when i was in sharm. and yes bear i've been wanting to write a story about that for along time. and inshallah when i do i will keep in mind the info you gave me. thanks

best

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
khadijah2
Member # 8538

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for khadijah2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to know how egyptian men feel about African American muslim women.Is it just as silly to think they really want to marry an american for the right purposes?

quote:

Posts: 3 | From: Atlanta, Ga ,USA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Humanized
Member # 8471

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Humanized     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by khadijah2:
I want to know how egyptian men feel about African American muslim women.Is it just as silly to think they really want to marry an american for the right purposes?

sorry - but i dont get your question can you explain ?

[This message has been edited by Humanized (edited 03 August 2005).]

Posts: 817 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Show Time
Member # 8513

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Show Time     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Simiply, egyptian women have heard the sweet talk all their lives. They demand action from the guy. (Sometimes it goes a bit overboard with the materialism and the gifts, the furnished flat, the car, etc.)

But - they operate under the assumptions it's all talk and look for the action behind the words.

Western women? They believe the words. Combination of silly fairy tales, the mystical love-at-first sight, and going out in the heat with no hat probably.

And, let's not forget that most of them do think it's a holiday romance and get suckered in AFTER they leave. When the guy starts the SMSing, the international calls, the 'can't live without you, I fell in love with you' bit. In my opinion, that's where the level-headed women lose their capacity to think. They expect never to hear from the guy again and when he acts like someone out of a movie.... well, you want to believe it could happen.

Well women are all the same western ,egyptian, or what ever ,, they all like sweet words and attention. a woman lose the capacity to think when facing a sweet guy with sweet words regardless of age, and she is mentally prepared for such encounters if she is missing such thing.
i wonder that you c old women with young guys only here in egypt, it is every where. and vice versa.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
khadijah2
Member # 8538

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for khadijah2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Humanized:

You made reference to "bleached highlights, blue contacts and dark roots" and "over all fakeness". I want to know do Egyptian men feel this way about all women from the US or western countries or just white women.

Do they feel the way same about African American women? If not then what is their perception of an African American women? I am asking this because I am very close to an African American women that really wants to marry and Egyptian man,the man seems kind and they are both practicing muslims. I didn't really know that Egyptians thought this way about caucasians so maybe I can find out what they think about black women.
Thanks

Posts: 3 | From: Atlanta, Ga ,USA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:

Well it might be a name that her family is really attached to. Like my cousin named her daughter 'Paris' after the Paris Hilton rage sweeping our nation.

I hate the name, on top the fact who she was named for. It really agrivates me. I am the only one in the family that pronounces her name correctly, "PaHRee" instead of pareees. If you name your child something like that pronounce it correctly.

I knew one woman named "Barbie". A nice middle class woman, down to earth and not a 'barbie' in any sense of the word. She is upbeat and supersweet.

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:

I understand perfectly. Can an Arab or Egyptian marry an American because he loves her? Or must there be ulterior motives?

Arab or Egyptian in general try their hardest to poison the Egyptian husband towards their American wife. Its in their nature. It happens too when a Indian man marries an American woman. No one will let the couple be.

Humanized
Member # 8471

Member Rated:
quote:
I understand perfectly. Can an Arab or Egyptian marry an American because he loves her? Or must there be ulterior motives?

Arab or Egyptian in general try their hardest to poison the Egyptian husband towards their American wife. Its in their nature. It happens too when a Indian man marries an American woman. No one will let the couple be.

maybe you are right , but you are talking about specific communities in egypt where education is lacking

Humanized
Member # 8471

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by khadijah2:
You made reference to "bleached highlights, blue contacts and dark roots" and "over all fakeness". I want to know do Egyptian men feel this way about all women from the US or western countries or just white women.

Do they feel the way same about African American women? If not then what is their perception of an African American women? I am asking this because I am very close to an African American women that really wants to marry and Egyptian man,the man seems kind and they are both practicing muslims. I didn't really know that Egyptians thought this way about caucasians so maybe I can find out what they think about black women.
Thanks

Actually i hate to give generalizations .

but tell you what , when ever an american woman is getting married to egyptian guy let her ask the guy : how would it be if they live in egypt ?
if he was fake , she wont see him again .
if he was honest , he would be happy .

note : love is blind , it has nothing to do with the colour nor the race
at least thats what i believe .

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
maybe you are right , but you are talking about specific communities in egypt where education is lacking

Oh God no, I am talking about Arab/Egyptian communities in the USA.

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

quote:
Actually i hate to give generalizations .

but tell you what , when ever an american woman is getting married to egyptian guy let her ask the guy : how would it be if they live in egypt ?
if he was fake , she wont see him again .
if he was honest , he would be happy .

Actually many scam artists and gigollos don't want a visa. They will insist she move to egypt (with all her money, of course because there it will go much farther and can buy him a nice new house, a car, be able to show off to his neighbors and his egyptian wife and kids will be pacified with the new money he's getting from the westerner.)

Not to be a cynic or anything but reading ES alone will help you see the pattern.

Oh, and NOBODY ever wants to leave "my beautiful Egypt". That's line #2 right in between you are my queen and every finger on a hand is different just like... blah blah blah.

didi_elsayed
Member # 4763

Member Rated:
Aren`t u tired from this mania that every egyptian run after the foreign woman only coz of her money,can`t you just not generalise the situation,i hate this really,this is so funny!If here are women who suffered from this kind of treatment,then i dearly sorry for it,matter of luck i suppose,i dont know,but dont judje all of them!
I am happily married for egyptian man,who i love so much and he loves me back by the same strenght of the feelings,and we are happy,no matter all difficulties we pass through,and i am 100% sure he is with me because of me,and nothing else!!!!
So my dears,not all egyptian man are scumbags,there are manyyyy good guys and i know many,who are honest and good man,but u will never find them in the bars of your hotels,or working in the tourism,thats the fact!!!!!
Who work in the tourism,in the most of the cases....he look for the less thing sexual adventure,flirts and fun!
But dont forget that the good man is good men,even if u put them in the tourism!
So stop to put all in one,coz its simply not true!
Good luck dears!

Show Time
Member # 8513

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Show Time     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by diana_ivanova:
Aren`t u tired from this mania that every egyptian run after the foreign woman only coz of her money,can`t you just not generalise the situation,i hate this really,this is so funny!If here are women who suffered from this kind of treatment,then i dearly sorry for it,matter of luck i suppose,i dont know,but dont judje all of them!
I am happily married for egyptian man,who i love so much and he loves me back by the same strenght of the feelings,and we are happy,no matter all difficulties we pass through,and i am 100% sure he is with me because of me,and nothing else!!!!
So my dears,not all egyptian man are scumbags,there are manyyyy good guys and i know many,who are honest and good man,but u will never find them in the bars of your hotels,or working in the tourism,thats the fact!!!!!
Who work in the tourism,in the most of the cases....he look for the less thing sexual adventure,flirts and fun!
But dont forget that the good man is good men,even if u put them in the tourism!
So stop to put all in one,coz its simply not true!
Good luck dears!

I agree with you Diana , i have a friend of mine who works in Sharm as tour guide , and he is 29 and a good practicing Muslim , faced lots of temptations and till now he is still virgin ,however he is a handsome man , but he is determined to keep saving him self to the woman he gonna choose.Actually i envy him for such strength . So not all men in such fields are only interested in sexual adventurs, but i believe they are few.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
didi_elsayed
Member # 4763

Member Rated:
Yeah Sam,i know that this is true,and i dont know it froma rumours,i know it from my own husband!he is practicing muslim too,i dont mean really toooo religious but good muslim,and he pray and follow everything that Islam forbid him,and this include premarital sex,and things which ull see everyday in that field!
Have in mind that he worked in tourism more than 2 years,not as guide or smth..but in hotel resorts,full of half nacked and quite attractive and sexy tourists,russians,especially!
Even there was arich russian woman who wanted to have him,and keepin mind he was virgin then,he cut and ignore her,even another guy from tourism asked him:"are you crazy,do u have idea how much money this "sharmouta" have????Go and marry her,he didnt accept even orfi(which we all know will be good to satisfy his desires only),after that go to Russia,and she will make ur life!After this case he was even more disgusted from his colleagues there!Thats why i say the good man is a good man,even if u put him there!
Soooo....who try to explain to me they are all the same,& they all cheat on us,sorry but i dont agree,or maybe i was just Great LUCKY,and i feel lucky with this wonderful man next to me!God keep him from every bad thing!I love and appriciate im exactly coz he is the most honest man i ever met,if you only see his eyes,ull see that he is innocent soul,& i didnt lied myself marrying him!
Girls.....keep ur eyes open,but dont let the bird fly away just coz of rumors,thats all i can say about this!
Wish u all the best all here!

livinlife
Member # 8733

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for livinlife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I havnt read all of the comments on here but read a couple and i think u are all quite negative, i have been to egypt 10 times already and the the time before last met a guy out there who worked in a hotel, i then took another holiday there to visit him and he took the time off work to see me for a week, we have stayed in contact everyday since, and the last time i went over we got married, i dont think it is fair to generalise these guys as u get people like that all over the place that sweet talk and then move a long to the next moving female, there are guys like that in england and other places.
i trust that my now husband is faithfull and we are planning our future together to be in egypt, with a small family.
I think that the hospitality of the egyptian men and women is super and i personally cannot wait to be a part of their great country and culture.
Getting back to the point i think ur being unfair to the poor guys, and i dont think that all the egyptian men do move from lady to lady, some of them do actually find love

Posts: 7 | From: England | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by livinlife:
I havnt read all of the comments on here but read a couple and i think u are all quite negative, i have been to egypt 10 times already and the the time before last met a guy out there who worked in a hotel, i then took another holiday there to visit him and he took the time off work to see me for a week, we have stayed in contact everyday since, and the last time i went over we got married, i dont think it is fair to generalise these guys as u get people like that all over the place that sweet talk and then move a long to the next moving female, there are guys like that in england and other places.
i trust that my now husband is faithfull and we are planning our future together to be in egypt, with a small family.
I think that the hospitality of the egyptian men and women is super and i personally cannot wait to be a part of their great country and culture.
Getting back to the point i think ur being unfair to the poor guys, and i dont think that all the egyptian men do move from lady to lady, some of them do actually find love

You've married a guy you've spent a couple of weeks of your life with???
I hope for your sake this is an orfi marriage!!
yYs... some of them find love.... over and over and over again!!!
mMybe time for a reality check???

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
everyday_angel
Member # 8414

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for everyday_angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree, that does sound nuts, but then again there are arranged marriages that work everyday, or marriages where the man and woman meet a couples of times around family and then decide to marry, however; we all know those situations are MUCH different. Hotel romance? I wonder how many times that has happened. I have known my fieancee for 2 years now, and I'm glad I have, at least I will marry him knowing I know who and what he is.....but I do wish that girl a lot of luck. Marriage is hard no matter what the circumstances.

[This message has been edited by everyday_angel (edited 31 August 2005).]

Posts: 275 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by everyday_angel:
i agree, that does sound nuts, but then again there are arranged marriages that work everyday, or marriages where the man and woman meet a couples of times around family and then decide to marry, however; we all know those situations are MUCH different. Hotel romance? I wonder how many times that has happened. I have known my fieancee for 2 years now, and I'm glad I have, at least I will marry him knowing I know who and what he is.....but I do wish that girl a lot of luck. Marriage is hard no matter what the circumstances.

[This message has been edited by everyday_angel (edited 31 August 2005).]

Arranged marriages work because two extended families have agreed upon it.

Now only a few meetings between the bride and bridegroom, yes thats normal, but arranged marriages are a massive strategy. Visits by family members, checking information, and finding weaknesses in the opponent, well that takes time, years in fact.

I wouldn't compare this to arranged marriages.

pablowablo
Member # 9129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pablowablo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
every person has their own taste and everyone is intitled to it. as for generalizing people thats about the stupidest thing ive eever heard we are all individuals we may be associated with groups but were still pretty unique. and ive met people from all of these so called stereo typical groups and found many exceptions in each so-called group.
as when it comes to the make up,hair style and the clothes a person wears thats just how they express themselves weather they look good or not thats up to them but if youre walking around just looking at what he/she is wearing and weather u think they look good or not then that is truly truly a very sad thing. and weathr u like what the look like or what theyre wearing its really ur problem we all have diff tastes in evrything thats what makes us unique!
As for meeting or mariying in the ways mentioned above< i always concider myslef an optomistic person i will have to say its a bit risky if u dont know how the state of mind of the other party and i will have to say most of u prob. dont! if u did u wouldnt be here posting asking questions and u wont find any awnsers here either! why?! because we are individuals and every sitiuation is diff. i just mean to say that if ur planing on marrying a person u dont really know from a country u havent really lived in ure taking a big risk! but then again the higher the risk the bigger the reward!
for those about to make such a leap of faith i wish u the best of luck( i truly do) and for those who have already found their soulmate congratualations(i envy u but i do believe theres someone for everyone and life is the journey we take to find them)

Posts: 113 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by pablowablo:
every person has their own taste and everyone is intitled to it. as for generalizing people thats about the stupidest thing ive eever heard we are all individuals we may be associated with groups but were still pretty unique. and ive met people from all of these so called stereo typical groups and found many exceptions in each so-called group.
as when it comes to the make up,hair style and the clothes a person wears thats just how they express themselves weather they look good or not thats up to them but if youre walking around just looking at what he/she is wearing and weather u think they look good or not then that is truly truly a very sad thing. and weathr u like what the look like or what theyre wearing its really ur problem we all have diff tastes in evrything thats what makes us unique!
As for meeting or mariying in the ways mentioned above< i always concider myslef an optomistic person i will have to say its a bit risky if u dont know how the state of mind of the other party and i will have to say most of u prob. dont! if u did u wouldnt be here posting asking questions and u wont find any awnsers here either! why?! because we are individuals and every sitiuation is diff. i just mean to say that if ur planing on marrying a person u dont really know from a country u havent really lived in ure taking a big risk! but then again the higher the risk the bigger the reward!
for those about to make such a leap of faith i wish u the best of luck( i truly do) and for those who have already found their soulmate congratualations(i envy u but i do believe theres someone for everyone and life is the journey we take to find them)

Whether or weather? Sorry to be so anglo-saxon on you!

yeah, but also it can be a massive relationship breaker when either party has to adapt to a new culture/society and take some massive steps down in level of material/societal comfort. So your advice on getting to know a culture of the other is explicitly important. But of course you can educate yourself to the teeth, become baladi, go out and cut stuff off and sew stuff up and still not make your partner happy.

I think if I was to try this again I'd go for a mate you has spent at least a decade in my country or was partially raised in the USA. And that marriage to him wasn't just completing half of his faith. I feel so used and put up for unreasonable expectations due to he needing to meet religious and traditional obligations through me.

And I don't want to be a trophy either. Because I look a certain way and my parents have a certain amount of material wealth and societal leverage shouldn't make me a better score than someone from his own class, culture, faith, or village.

Bottom line unreasonable expectations not voiced before marriage can really kill a committment.

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Yet when at the end of the day, marriage is extremely different for Egyptians than it is for Westerners.

The cusp of it is, communal versus individualism.

No matter how much he tells you he understand your needs and understands how you view marriage its just a complete scam. He doesn't understand, and you are just a religious committment, something to stick his d*ck in, and something to go around and show off!

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Another thing that pisses me off, is how brothers compete, "I got my wife pregnant faster than you got your wife pregnant", "My wife cooks two meals a day for me and the dishes are clean everyday", "My wife goes to the theater and a $40 a plate restuarant with her family every month, what does your wife do?" "My wife will look 20 years younger than your wife soon and my wife is older", "My wife doesn't talk back as much as your wife (that one is real easy if she is scared of you in the first place)", "My wife has light skin that freckles not tans", "My wife was raised in a neighborhood with large yards and lush gardens in front of every house".

The compeition thing is just f*cking annoying!

bitterwithbaggage
Member # 8645

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bitterwithbaggage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Arranged marriages work because two extended families have agreed upon it.

Now only a few meetings between the bride and bridegroom, yes thats normal, but arranged marriages are a massive strategy. Visits by family members, checking information, and finding weaknesses in the opponent, well that takes time, years in fact.

I wouldn't compare this to arranged marriages.

Yes, they have to have all those meetings to work out the money. In reality many arranged marriages are based on economics with status and other matters second. Nor is it always a 'massive strategy' - not if the daughter is getting on a bit (er 26, 27?) and they are worried she might not marry at all.

Also it is not always the case that the family even know the chosen partner and their family very well. They can be a neighbour who they have seen around but know are wealthy with fairly good religious credentials etc. (I know of a few cases like this and they are bad marriages)

I'd like to see the evidence that says that marriages arranged by families work better than those conceived by the two parties alone. Are there statistics on this?

Posts: 106 | From: London, England | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pablowablo
Member # 9129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pablowablo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Another thing that pisses me off, is how brothers compete, "I got my wife pregnant faster than you got your wife pregnant", "My wife cooks two meals a day for me and the dishes are clean everyday", "My wife goes to the theater and a $40 a plate restuarant with her family every month, what does your wife do?" "My wife will look 20 years younger than your wife soon and my wife is older", "My wife doesn't talk back as much as your wife (that one is real easy if she is scared of you in the first place)", "My wife has light skin that freckles not tans", "My wife was raised in a neighborhood with large yards and lush gardens in front of every house".

ill have to agree with u on that
im not a person that likes to compete about such things i find them quite stupid and someone says something like that to me about how many babies his wife can have or how good of a cook she is. all i have to say to that is that my partner doesnt cook for me she doesnt do the dishes and i dont care what her ideals are all that matters to me is how happy and complete she makes me and how happy and complete i make her thats what trully maters and if your wife/partner makes u happy then u would have mentioned it.

[This message has been edited by pablowablo (edited 04 October 2005).]

Posts: 113 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pablowablo:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sonomod:
[b]Another thing that pisses me off, is how brothers compete, "I got my wife pregnant faster than you got your wife pregnant", "My wife cooks two meals a day for me and the dishes are clean everyday", "My wife goes to the theater and a $40 a plate restuarant with her family every month, what does your wife do?" "My wife will look 20 years younger than your wife soon and my wife is older", "My wife doesn't talk back as much as your wife (that one is real easy if she is scared of you in the first place)", "My wife has light skin that freckles not tans", "My wife was raised in a neighborhood with large yards and lush gardens in front of every house".

ill have to agree with u on that
im not a person that likes to compete about such things i find them quite stupid and someone says something like that to me about how many babies his wife can have or how good of a cook she is. all i have to say to that is that my partner doesnt cook for me she doesnt do the dishes and i dont care what her ideals are all that matters to me is how happy and complete she makes me and how happy and complete i make her thats what trully maters and if your wife/partner makes u happy then u would have mentioned it.

[This message has been edited by pablowablo (edited 04 October 2005).][/B][/QUOTE]

You are not Egyptian are you?!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com