EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » wedding vows

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: wedding vows
ww0596
Member # 8585

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for ww0596     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, I am marrying an egyptian man. I am an american woman who has never been out of the USA. I wanted our vows to reflect who we are culturally as well as personally. Has anyone blended their wedding vows like this before?
Posts: 5 | From: lansing, michigan, usa | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi there was a thread called "egyptian marriage traditions" in the living in egypt section. check it out, you might find some useful information.

best

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pendarth
Member # 8592

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pendarth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see that this is your first post ... please browse the topics and threads here.

LOTS to be aware of if you're an American woman whose never been out of USA - coming for the first time to get married to an Egyptian (who I assume you've never met - since you're coming to Egypt to get married ... but, I hope I'm wrong)

Posts: 97 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ww0596
Member # 8585

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ww0596     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are to be married here in the USA and will hopefully live here too. (pending immigration stuff) Yes we have met but have had a psudo dating thing as he didnt understand the whole dating thing.

quote:
Originally posted by Pendarth:
I see that this is your first post ... please browse the topics and threads here.

LOTS to be aware of if you're an American woman whose never been out of USA - coming for the first time to get married to an Egyptian (who I assume you've never met - since you're coming to Egypt to get married ... but, I hope I'm wrong)

Posts: 5 | From: lansing, michigan, usa | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ww0596
Member # 8585

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ww0596     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are to be married here in the USA and will hopefully live here too. (pending immigration stuff) Yes we have met but have had a psudo dating thing as he didnt understand the whole dating thing.

quote:
Originally posted by Pendarth:

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ww0596:
We are to be married here in the USA and will hopefully live here too. (pending immigration stuff)

That's what I call rrrrreal llllooooove

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yes we have met but have had a psudo dating thing as he didnt understand the whole dating thing.

shoof el-bara2ah. Tsek tsek.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Hello, I am marrying an egyptian man. I am an american woman who has never been out of the USA. I wanted our vows to reflect who we are culturally as well as personally. Has anyone blended their wedding vows like this before?

Actually if you wanna melt the two pots together, he will have to hold your father's hand & promise to love him in sickness & in health.

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
So have you married already?
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
Actually if you wanna melt the two pots together, he will have to hold your father's hand & promise to love him in sickness & in health.

Damn right. ROFL.

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Karah_Mia:
Damn right. ROFL.

Heeeeeeeeeeey girl! havent seen you since I came back from egypt. HOW ARE YOU DOING???????????

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:
Heeeeeeeeeeey girl! havent seen you since I came back from egypt. HOW ARE YOU DOING???????????

Thanks for asking my bunch of flowers. I am still breathing, Alhamdulilah! Was crazy busy at work, also began the Crusade, that is a serious search for a big-bucks paying job here. Not an easy task for a senile prune, but I am out there to win some business! How was Egypt???? Drop me an email plz.
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
K-H

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ww0596
Member # 8585

Rate Member
Unfortunately he had to return to Egypt due to family problems. So we are on a holding pattern darn it.

quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
So have you married already?

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Unfortunately he had to return to Egypt due to family problems. So we are on a holding pattern darn it.

Hah. Let me know if he ever shows up again..

didi_elsayed
Member # 4763

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for didi_elsayed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if....EVER?hahaha
Posts: 1134 | From: NoNe oF uR BuSiNeS | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com