EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Holiday in UK

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Holiday in UK
Aaria
Member # 8770

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Aaria     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Advice needed!

My partner and I are getting married in December this year. We are both from the UK so this is not one of those topics about marrying an Egyptian! However, we would like to invite some of our Egyptian friends to our wedding. The current climate may prove difficult for some of our friends to join our celebration. We will of course sponsor our friends to come over. We will provide the airline tickets, accommodation and all expenses whilst they are our guests. Has anyone else been through the whole visa / sponsor process? Are there any tips you would recommend to us?

My partner and I met in Egypt as we are both keen divers. Our friends there have become close to our hearts. It would mean a great deal to us to have them at our wedding.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Aaria

Posts: 13 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farhana
Member # 3795

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farhana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Aaria,
I can't offer any advice but wanted to take the opportunity to give my congratulations.
Hope someone can help.

Posts: 606 | From: London, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaria
Member # 8770

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aaria     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so much!

Posts: 13 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valerie
Member # 6806

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valerie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I knew of a British woman who is married to an Egyption. They lived in Egypt, both have jobs. The lady wanted to return to UK for a hoilday taking her husband with her. They went to get a visa. They wanted to stay two weeks at the ladies own property They were told that the male had to show he had £8000 in a bank account. Stating that is what would be required for the visit.
The visa application was turned down

Good luck

Posts: 290 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MAYA BENHADJ1
Member # 8839

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MAYA BENHADJ1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Aaria,

What you'll need to do is send your invertation along with your wedding invitation stating how long you would like them to stay.
They will have to state that it’s only a quick visit for the wedding and the 1st thing they want to do is get back as they have their work.
You’ll have to write in the letter that you will provide the ticket once they have been accepted
(keep all receipts and copy of any letter)
They’ll have to state how they know you how long.

The main thing is that you prove there is a wedding so the immigration can see that’s exactly
what are coming for.
After what has happened in London it will be hard even for a visit. So anything you have ie: photos. Should help them as it will show it’s a genuine reason.

As long as they don’t come across as a threat.

Its weird system really because they have to show they are keen to see the wedding and as well they have to show they are keen on getting back..

I hope that can help if you have anymore question let me know?

Maya

Posts: 26 | From: england | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smiley
Member # 8255

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smiley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am british married to an egyptian.. he gets a 5 year visa.. but has to show his bank account his return ticket and THATS married to me a brit... my mother in law just gets a visit visa and goes.. i dont think she had to prove anything....contact the british embassy to make sure tho congratulations and good luck to you both...
Posts: 230 | From: uk/U.A.E | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Firstly I wish you loads of love and happiness in your life. Congratualtions..

It seems from my experience that they have double standards with granting visas. Women seem to get them much easier than men (thank God we're finally positively discriminated for once in our own land).

So if your guests are (young) men, it will be almost impossible to do that. They have to prove that they are loaded with money and have a permanent job and other commitments in Cairo.. etc..

So try, but don't break your head trying. Save your energy for your big day.

Wish you all the best.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaria
Member # 8770

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Aaria     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone for your kind wishes.

Why is everything so difficult? The friends I want to invite are a married couple and not 'young' men. So maybe this will be easier. My partner has no idea im doing this...it is a surprise for him. To see his face when they turn up at the wedding will be worth all the effort! They both have permanent jobs to go back to and can only take 2 weeks off. Maybe if their employer can also write a letter - do you think this will help?

MAYA BENHADJ1
Member # 8839

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MAYA BENHADJ1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it will. help

Their employer must write their perm work, wages, that they are happy to let them have holiday and their job is secure for when they return.
All the forms are on British Visa site, which you or they can print off.

Employers letter
Bank statement
Invitation
And Wedding Invitation
Are the main things along with tickets and guarantee that you responsible for them while the are here, 2 weeks should be ok its mainly people that wish to stay longer also they are married so they have their families to go back to..

All the best
Take care and take it easy

Posts: 26 | From: england | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The big thing to get a visa is to prove you have a great reason for coming back. All the British authorities want to be convinced of is that they haven't got an illegal economic migrant on their hands.

So if your friends have jobs (and the employer is prepared to back the application), if they have property, family ties anything that convinces the authoroties they will come back. Actually they stand a better chance than the b/f or b/f of Westerners 'cos obviously there is a good chance these will come over and stay.

So as much proof as possible that they are going to come back combined with your offer should be OK. Actually you will be doing your friends a big favour as this increaseases their standing in the community that they can get a visa.

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Real life
Member # 7982

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Real life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by smiley:
i am british married to an egyptian.. he gets a 5 year visa.. but has to show his bank account his return ticket and THATS married to me a brit... my mother in law just gets a visit visa and goes.. i dont think she had to prove anything....contact the british embassy to make sure tho congratulations and good luck to you both...

How big does this bank account have to be? The other post said £8000 - is that english pounds? Does it have to be in the egyptian man's bank account or can it be in the english woman's? (Just interested - Cheffie's never asked about coming here we just assumed it was practically impossible but it doesn't stop me checking it out

Posts: 148 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AARIA, YOU AND YOUR PROSPECT HUSBAND, YOU SUCH GOOD HEARTED PEOPLE, I HAVE JUST READ YOUR THREAD.

ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT I WISH YOU ALL THE HAPPINESS AND WARMTH AND PEACE IN YOUR MARITAL LIFE AND IN EVERY ASPECT OF YOUR LIVES AND THE LIVES OF YOUR CHILDREN INSHA'ALLAH ...

[This message has been edited by Corvinous (edited 11 September 2005).]

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and koshary, you such old bitter nurse hahahahahaha

you remind me of that nurse in the Mad House

:d

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Corvinous:
and koshary, you such old bitter nurse hahahahahaha

you remind me of that nurse in the Mad House

:d

pig

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaria
Member # 8770

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aaria     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear All, I would just like to take this opportunity to say thanks for all your wishes. My friends DID get their visa and I am collecting them from the airport on Saturday!! Can you believe it? I am getting married the following saturday and my husband will be so pleased to see them. So with the help and advice from this site - everyhing has turned out perfect. They had an interview at the embassy. They did not have to provide any proof of income. They were asked many questions but they answered them all the best they could. They were granted a 6month visa but suggested they should not stay that long. They will be staying for only 2 weeks. Thank you to everyone for their advice. Aaria.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com