EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Alexandria Engagement

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Alexandria Engagement
shusha
Member # 3563

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shusha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Guys,
Just wondering if any one out there can shed some light. My fiance to be and I are planning on having a katb kitab party in Alexandria (january 2006) hopefully. However our problem is that we are both living abroad (he is in Libya and I am in Australia), can anyone help with where some good locations are in Alexandria to hold the engagement party or even some useful websites. Appreciate any help I can get.

Posts: 32 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shusha:
Hi Guys,
Just wondering if any one out there can shed some light. My fiance to be and I are planning on having a katb kitab party in Alexandria (january 2006) hopefully. However our problem is that we are both living abroad (he is in Libya and I am in Australia), can anyone help with where some good locations are in Alexandria to hold the engagement party or even some useful websites. Appreciate any help I can get.

Hmm you've got the money for Montazah Palace? Great location.

Otherwise the Metropole is equally beautiful.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shusha
Member # 3563

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shusha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok info on the net is very limited but from what i can gather there are several places in montazah. i didnt read very good reviews about sheraton montazah, however el salamlek which i believe is also in montaza seems very nice. what is the average price for a nice place (ie 4 or 5 star hotel or similar)
Posts: 32 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
ok info on the net is very limited but from what i can gather there are several places in montazah. i didnt read very good reviews about sheraton montazah, however el salamlek which i believe is also in montaza seems very nice. what is the average price for a nice place (ie 4 or 5 star hotel or similar)

Yeah I stayed at Sheraton Montazah, really a cruel joke of a hotel.

No I am refering to the Montazah Palace grounds itself(across the street from the Sheraton, you know the place with the beach). They have a resturant and lounge. It looks expensive and for smaller guest lists. Plus that extablishment manages to recieve much better reviews than the Sheraton.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shusha
Member # 3563

Rate Member
ok i dont think that i have looked at that one but i will definately check it out. do you know much about el salamlek?
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
ok i dont think that i have looked at that one but i will definately check it out. do you know much about el salamlek?

not a darn thing. My in-laws have two flats in Alex so we don't do hotels much anymore. My husband did spend his first 14 years in Alex, but Alex has changed so much that most of what he remembers don't apply today.

shusha
Member # 3563

Rate Member
Thanks Jannah and may Allah be with you.

Thank you for all your help Sonomod, if anyone else out there knows of places that are good please let me know can use all the help i can get :-)

loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for loborules     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
not a darn thing. My in-laws have two flats in Alex so we don't do hotels much anymore. My husband did spend his first 14 years in Alex, but Alex has changed so much that most of what he remembers don't apply today.

See I knew it, Sonomod can be nice ... and civil ..

Posts: 816 | From: On top of a dog house | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by crazylobo:
See I knew it, Sonomod can be nice ... and civil ..

Don't you tell anyone about this! Cripes it must be the rabbies acting up again.

shusha
Member # 3563

Rate Member
sorry to be a pain guys but i have just found out that apparently there are private villas which are rented out for such occasions can anyone confirm this for me and if they know where i can check these out. Thanks All.
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
Don't you tell anyone about this! Cripes it must be the rabbies acting up again.

ROFL!!!!!

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
belly_dancer
Member # 7078

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for belly_dancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depends what budget you have ...... if you want to impress? or simply have a friendly relaxed atmosphere?

...... The Delta Hotel, Mazarita, Alexandria (by the sea)

- we had a "bit of a do" there and the food was good - it was inexpensive - it was clean with good service - the kind of place where you can "let your hair down a bit" (relaxed atmosphere) and have fun - the staff were very accomodating ...... it is not 5 star - but it is good value for money. They do not have function rooms as such - but they will book out the whole resturant area for your party if you desire.

...... The Sofitel Cecil, 16 Saad Zagloul Square. (sea front)

- we had a family gathering there - it was good - food, service etc. It has function rooms specifically for parties and gatherings .... however I felt it was a bit too "stiff" - it just did not have a "party" atmosphere ...... and it was five times more expensive than the Delta !!!

Check out: www.trav.com/cities/hotels this may be of help .....

Good luck and have fun ........

Regards ..............

Posts: 18 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

[This message has been edited by Corvinous (edited 26 September 2005).]

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com