EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Ra1 nile cruise

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ra1 nile cruise
wise_woman
Member # 444

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for wise_woman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Firstly, i like this new look site.
Havent been on for a while.

Has anyone heard of the Ra1 (not the Ra2) Nile Cruise?

Shareen, are you there?

Does it have the same sturdy steel gangplank thingy as the Ra2?
I'd like to take my mother but she has slight walking problems and couldnt manage crossing over fron normal nile cruise and neither can i.

I've found a few photos on internet but they're not clear, usually when you see photo of normal nile cruise you can see the gangplank thing against the side at the door but I cant see it on this particular photo.

Is the Ra1 a 4* cruise?

I've seen a good deal for it, £200 cheaper than Ra2 and tempted to book.

I'd appreciate your advice.

Posts: 266 | From: Scotland, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course I'm still here!! Might not post much, but I still check ES out regularly.
I have seen the Ra1, and it looks pretty much identical to the Ra2, and I think its 4* as opposed to the Ra2 which is 5*.
Have you asked on Luxor4U? Some of those living in Luxor may well know whether it has the same gangplank. Try asking Chocolatey on L4U, she will be able to see it from the Sheraton every day!

When are you thinking of going back? Soon, I hope!

Hope you are well.
Take care

Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wise_woman
Member # 444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wise_woman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Shareen,
thanks for reply.
How are you?

Thinking of returning this month but before Esna lock closes. Havent been to Egypt since celebrating my 30th birthday on Ra2 in November 2003.

Mum is just out of hospital, I'm recovering from a stomach bug and other things.
We could both do with rest and sunshine.

But as you know, the main concern for me is the "gangplank" on a nile cruise. I think a cruise would suit us. We would get so bored stuck in a hotel.
Mum last done Nile Cruise 4 years ago and she loved it. She's not as mobile now and probably wouldnt do all the excursions.

I have now posted on Luxor4u. Thank you.

Posts: 266 | From: Scotland, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com