EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » HARASSMENT IN THE STREETS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HARASSMENT IN THE STREETS
nami_pamker
Member # 6486

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nami_pamker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am writing a research about harassment in the streets of Egypt and I would like to know stories from girls who were harassed. Please, email me: naomi_pamker@yahoo.es and your privacy will keep between us.
Thank you very much

Posts: 140 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dream123456
Member # 9287

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dream123456     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you think that this is an objective way of doing a research?
Posts: 1022 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nami_pamker
Member # 6486

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nami_pamker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
why not? to do a good research you need objetive data...then it is a matter to organise this data
Posts: 140 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please people get in tuned with postmodernism!

There is no such thing as "objective" or "objectivtiy"!!

Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann
Member # 106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nami_pamker:
why not? to do a good research you need objetive data...then it is a matter to organise this data

You won't get a representative sample via this forum, so you'll end up with questionable data.
Posts: 316 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nami_pamker
Member # 6486

Member Rated:
i am not going to use only this forum, do not worry. But i thought it was a good idea, since it is a usual topic around here. Anyway, in my opinion it is better to organise thoughts and data than to complain without any organisation and structure just postin adds so now and then. Thats why I thought that this forum would be good for that.
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had my ass grabbed by a man on a bicycle.. but then, he couldn't see my face!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dream123456
Member # 9287

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dream123456     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is requirments for data to be objective, first of all anyone can say to you anything how can you be sure that he is not lieing for instance, how do you call an objective, usually an objective research is a research that tells the truth and each time it is repeated it gave the expected result .. how can you assure that..
Posts: 1022 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nami_pamker
Member # 6486

Member Rated:
Thats why I am asking to contact me...not to post adds here...thats why I have some concrete questions to make a kind of statistical analysis. And you should know that statistics have a mistake margin, so you are never sure that people are telling the truth but this kind of analysis are used around the world and they are representative. Anyway, thank you for your help.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com