EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Are americans LOUD, stupid and ignorant? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Are americans LOUD, stupid and ignorant?
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well are they? Comments from the rest of the world please.
A few of their comments which inspired this post.
SNAPDRAGON…
Don't even start about American tourists. They are the ones who freaking feed your ass. Without tourists in Egypt, the country would fall even lower than it is already. AND don't get me started on Egyptians and their ignorance and stupidty! I have traveled and lived in a lot of places but Egypt has got to be the #1 most backwards country with people that allow religion to decide what, when, how, where and why they should dress, eat, walk, act and clean..... Now that is stupid!
Sonomod…
Exactly, he hasn't seen our country and probably will never been approved for even a tourist visa.

233 million, last I heard we were reaching past 260 million.
Sonomod…
Possibly they are annoying because they haven't colonized your country before.

Possibly you aren't subservient to their presence the same way you would be with Europeans.

Possibly you were never granted a visa to America, any visa

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you mind stopping the American-bashing? [Roll Eyes]

Do I need to speak more loudly?

[Big Grin]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erasmus
Member # 9163

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for erasmus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are talking about this forum, the problem lies with Sonomod, who runs around attacking everyone for no reason at all, just out of spite and malice. Sonomod hasn't got a good word to say to anyone. She intimidates and no doubt, makes many people think twice about posting. Once bitten by Sonomod, most sensitive people will shy away from 'Egyptsearch' and this bully forever.
Sonomod lives in America, but she is an 'expert' on living in Egypt. She loves talking about sex and how attractive she is and in the next breath says she doesn't have a sex life. (Not that anyone could be remotely interested.) She is rude, loud, foul-mouthed and insulting and if I was American I would cringe everytime I saw her posting.

Posts: 25 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimbo57
Member # 9486

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimbo57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thought they were rather nice people, much nicer than us British!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 68 | From: england | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiveItUp
Member # 4811

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiveItUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's cause more hate and resentment and abusive slandering....Wow! What fun! Tis the Season!
THis post is STupid, Ignorant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 395 | From: Whereever I go | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
borat
Member # 9599

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for borat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done erasmus!! could'nt agree more on your comment on sonomod. I cannot believe she has no comment to make. Maybe for once she has put her brain into gear before making any comment? Duh It's her and people like her who give the americans such a bad name. Has she any Bush blood in her per chance? Duh!! Good posting Tootifrooti. Need to bring her and those like her down from their high towers a bit!!
Posts: 57 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Des
Member # 9479

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Des     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Americans not stupid???????

How come they elected a retard for President??

Posts: 97 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
borat
Member # 9599

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for borat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Misplaced in alex
I have to agree with you there!! [Wink]

Was it this bit you were referring to?
SNAPDRAGON
Don't even start about American tourists. They are the ones who freaking feed your ass. Without tourists in Egypt, the country would fall even lower than it is already. AND don't get me started on Egyptians and their ignorance and stupidty! I have traveled and lived in a lot of places but Egypt has got to be the #1 most backwards country with people that allow religion to decide what, when, how, where and why they should dress, eat, walk, act and clean..... Now that is stupid!

HATEFUL RESENTFUL AND SLANDERING YUP I FOR ONE AGREE WITH YOU THERE.

Posts: 57 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for jarvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like eygpt people, I think, as far as I know...
Posts: 229 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jarvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no problem with muslims following their religion...as long as they respect others following their own..

Im kinda excited to see how others live..the farthest I have been away from America is barbados.

Posts: 229 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for loborules     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Des --

Americans are gullible, have the lemming factor --and believe what their fearless leaders tell them, and most Americans have not traveled overseas, they think traveling is going to the local Hyatt or any other 5 star hotel.

Why the hell did the brits elect Blair?

Posts: 816 | From: On top of a dog house | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jarvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
why do y'all dislike bush and blair?

do you like the taliban and saddam?

loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for loborules     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
did I ever say i dislike bush or blair? or that I like the taliban and saddam? NO i didn't its an observation .. YOU need to get off your ass and travel more, for instance go to the midwest, and some 'white' town and ask them what they think of moslems? or African American ..or any other minority ... and really listen

Gee so what name or insult are you going to call me next?

Posts: 816 | From: On top of a dog house | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for jarvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Why the hell did the brits elect Blair?

jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
and who said I was just talking to you?
loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
well Des asked why retarded americans elected bush? so i am wondering the same thing why Blair was elected? Are Brits retarded too?
jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Des:
Americans not stupid???????

How come they elected a retard for President??

loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
so why did we?
loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
are you from the south y'all? or from the south pacific?
jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by crazylobo:
so why did we?

because clinton was too busy getting blowjobs in the white house to defend America.
loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
Oh touche ... and Americans are to hung up on sex and what everyone else is doing ... ohh see we elected someone who is a coke head and alcoholic .. cool ... isn't America great?
jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
hey Im not too thrilled with bush myself..at least he has more self respect than clinton
loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
how can he have self respect when he's an alchoholic and coke head?
jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
he quit and turned his life over to Christ
loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
OOOHHH he's still a drunk and always will be ...I would never trust a drunk as far as Lobo can spit ...

and God told him to invade Iraq, and told him its all fine ...

You really need to travel ...

jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
what? and see saddams torture chambers? or the graveyards of shia and kurds he gased?
or his 300 palaces?

loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
i thought you were going to Egypt, Iraq has wonderful tombs, historical sites but a little unsafe at the moment. Would have to keep looking up... They opened up Libya for tourism, and most of the sites haven't been seen. Or what about Jordan, and Petra?
jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
I want to discover new tombs east of the valley of the kings..

I wonder if Iraq has much mesopotainian or sumerian stuff left in exsistance..?

loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
So get your passport, shots, read the Lonely Planet and Fodor's Travel and then GO ...
jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
I got my shots, typhiod,hepatitus a and tetnus...

I almost have all of this guys video's on DVD..

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/7171/romer.html

the best one about Eygpt is called anceint lives...

# Ancient Lives. Channel 4: London, 1984. 4 programs, split into 8.

* The Village of the Craftsmen
* The Valley of the Kings
* An Artist’s Life
* Temple Priests and Civil Servants
* Woman’s Place
* Dreams and Rituals
* The Year of the Hyena
* The Deserted Village

he really disects the lifes of the tomb makers who live in der-el-medina..

he also thinks there is alot of tombs left east of the valley of the kings...

if I won the lotto, I'd hire 5 Eygiptions at the highest wage and just work with them digging tombs the rest of my life...

there was a old tomb maker who used to leave his signature on places where tombs were..and herald carter, found alot of them..but not all..

jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
he really does a helluva job covering anceint eygpt..he makes it interesting..

royal burial

http://www.mc.maricopa.edu/dept/d10/asb/anthro2003/media/egypt_tombs2.mov

draftsmen and scupture

http://www.mc.maricopa.edu/dept/d10/asb/anthro2003/media/egypt_tomb22.mov

personal effects

http://www.mc.maricopa.edu/dept/d10/asb/anthro2003/media/egypt_bed_things2.mov

iffys tomb

http://www.mc.maricopa.edu/dept/d10/asb/anthro2003/media/iffys_tomb2.mov

ramses 2

http://www.mc.maricopa.edu/dept/d10/asb/anthro2003/media/egyptian_harmony2.mov

he did a great job on testament too..and he's an atheist..even though I don't agree with everything he says...he did a series on byzantium too....which was also facinating...

he should do one on islam...

loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
hepatitis b?

Can you get invited to a site? and work on the digging?

jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by crazylobo:
hepatitis b?

Can you get invited to a site? and work on the digging?

maybe , if you ask the right people....

my mom went to dig bethsaida for a couple weeks..

http://www.unomaha.edu/bethsaida/join_dig.htm

what cool about romers video's is he tells you exactly what to look for...

the tombs are ussually in a crevis, buried about 15 ft. under rock..but you can find chipping and stuff,like the 2 ends of the burial box, they cut off, to give you clues to were a tomb might be.

jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
I just got a hepatitis A shot not B
loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
Need b too .. i went to the Univ of WA travel clinic, and they encouraged to get both hep's if your traveling internationally ...

Ohhh lobo gets claustropobic in the tombs ...

Or maybe you could just show up at a site, and say your the famous Dr. Jarvis from Loboistan and your working on your doctorate and thesis ... lol

jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
I heard eygpt has a huge buracracy, I wonder what you would have to do just to be able to look for tomb's?

there's anceit trails that go out into the desert east of the valley of the kings..and they are in canyons that go for quite aways...they can't all be explored yet...

the travel clinic I went to , the doctor just said hep a ....your supposed to stay away from animals cause of rabis...and not get nile water on you, cause some small worm deal will go thru your skin and attack your liver..

jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
are you supposed to get a maliria shot?
loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
Recommended Vaccinations :

The following vaccines may be recommended for your travel to North Africa. Discuss your travel plans and personal health with a health-care provider to determine which vaccines you will need.

Hepatitis A or immune globulin (IG). Transmission of hepatitis A virus can occur through direct person-to-person contact; through exposure to contaminated water, ice, or shellfish harvested in contaminated water; or from fruits, vegetables, or other foods that are eaten uncooked and that were contaminated during harvesting or subsequent handling.

Hepatitis B, especially if you might be exposed to blood or body fluids (for example, health-care workers), have sexual contact with the local population, or be exposed through medical treatment. Hepatitis B vaccine is now recommended for all infants and for children ages 11–12 years who did not receive the series as infants.

Rabies, pre-exposure vaccination, if you might have extensive unprotected outdoor exposure in rural areas, such as might occur during camping, hiking, or bicycling, or engaging in certain occupational activities.

Typhoid vaccine. Typhoid fever can be contracted through contaminated drinking water or food, or by eating food or drinking beverages that have been handled by a person who is infected. Large outbreaks are most often related to fecal contamination of water supplies or foods sold by street vendors

As needed, booster doses for tetanus-diphtheria, measles, and a one-time dose of polio vaccine for adults.

Don't touch the nile ...

jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
quote:
Hepatitis B, especially if you might be exposed to blood or body fluids (for example, health-care workers), have sexual contact with the local population, or be exposed through medical treatment. Hepatitis B vaccine is now recommended for all infants and for children ages 11–12 years who did not receive the series as infants.
quote:
have sexual contact with the local population
LOL, apperently ,I have been told I won't be haveing this problem...

[Frown]

[Wink]

jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
why can't they clean the nile out?

I guess if 230 million people use it...it's got to be preaty bad..

loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
You never know ... I'd get the Hep b,

Everything costs money,

To clean the Nile would cost billions and billions of dollars, just something they don't have ... and the infrastructure is there, but not like Seattle, garbage, trash pickup, sewer lines, recycle, or environmental concerns, and the emissions from cars .. I'm sure there is some environmental awareness. there ...

jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
so this is probably why they have you sail boating up by aswan, and not by cairo...the water is probably cleaner by aswan right? because it's upstream...

thank God for the rocky mountains..and ogalla aquafer

loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
yeah its cleaner by aswan ... but would you drink out of a rocky mountain stream? ever heard of giardia?
jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
no...is that like coors?
loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
Malaria have to take pills ...I didn't get any pills, the risk is low ..

Malaria Risk by Country

Algeria: One small focus in the Sahara region in Ihrir (Illizi Department).
Canary Islands (Spain): No risk.

Egypt: Very limited risk in El Faiyum area only. Travelers to tourist areas, including Nile River cruises, are not at risk.

Libyan Arab Jamahiriya: No risk.

Morocco (including Western Sahara): Limited risk in rural areas of Chefchaouen Province. The cities of Tangier, Rabat, Casablanca, Marrakech, and Fes do not have risk.

Tunisia: No risk.

Giardia - Get it from mountain streams drinking out of them its passed from the wild animals its nasty ...

Coors would be better

borat
Member # 9599

Member Rated:
Jarvis,
You seem such a cool guy. But your spelling is awful!! haha. Hope you get to do a dig when you make the trip, and become the next Carter.....
I have travelled to egypt many times and never had a shot!!
Dont get freaked out by all you hear. The Nile is the egyptians only source of water and they seem fine on it. My husband swam in it all his life!! The street dogs dont bother you at all, so dont worry about the rabies thing. I fed loads of them whilst on my trips. You will get the shits!! no doubt about it!! I drank the water from the tap, ate in egyptian local restaurants ( piping hot food is a must ) with the locals, and on these trips never suffered the dreaded Delhi Belly!!
I was terrified the first time I drank from the tap!! and now never buy bottled water. I never eat in restaurants designed for the tourists!! Try the places where the locals eat. Never eat salad or peeled fruits, or cold desserts, no matter where!! Never! never! never! eat buffet style!! ( it will kill you)without a doubt.
Have agreat trip. Say Hi to Sphynx for me.
A

Gaza
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is with you guys ! why americans why not italians why not germans or french !!

well americans are more decent and more friedly than italians for example , whats the point of this thread and why are you judging americans ! if you wana judge them i say you take the next flight to america and stay there for reasonable time and surf usa from the east to the west and visit all states and neighbourhoods and then judge but dont sit their infront of your pc and think that you can judge a nation that wide and that vast just because you have met an american guy 2 years ago and he was mean or ignorant !!! well if others applied the same concept in their quest to egyptian attitude blv me they will say more about egyptian than you can say about americans,
Chill out its the new years , stop this crap ,
Make Love not War [Smile]

Posts: 1123 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry but these are funny !

www.overheardintheoffice.com/archives/2005_11.html
Some have uncouth language so beware if offended by that

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Melati:
sorry but these are funny !

www.overheardintheoffice.com/archives/2005_11.html
Some have uncouth language so beware if offended by that

Oh, wow, how funny. Amazing what to find on the net. [Wink] Oh, I miss my days in the office.....
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jarvis:
he quit and turned his life over to Christ

And that may be his problem.

Ps. Do you like blowjobs? If u do, there are plenty available in America, often buy one get one free. Don't envy Bill, it is a sinful feeling ya know. [Wink] [Big Grin]

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com