EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Visiting Egypt in two days!!!!! help!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Visiting Egypt in two days!!!!! help!!!!
Mark_Mayo
Member # 9120

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark_Mayo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all,

I am an Italian/American male. Will be in Egypt in two days.

Not familiar with Cairo at all. I would like to rent a car once i get there.

I want to see Cairo from inside out.

Posts: 7 | From: Tampa, Fl. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PortSaid
Member # 10337

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for PortSaid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cairo must be seen from outside if you want to fully enjoy the magic of this city.
T
First try this.
take a walk, mingle with its people then I'm sure you will forget about the car.

--------------------
Egypt is in my heart!

Posts: 78 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
her maj
Member # 10299

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for her maj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forget the car, the traffic will send you mental!!!
Meet the people as Port Said said!!!! LOL

Must see!!!!! egyptian museum, downtown, pyramids at Giza, Hire a driver for the day to take you to see all the sights like mosques, markets, citadel etc. Agree a price before hand.
Have a great trip.

Posts: 115 | From: Buckingham Palace | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get a copy of the lonely planet, great guide book. But remember prices are always at least 2 years out of date. that will give you lots of advice.

do not drive in Cairo unless you have a death wish. Hire a car and driver for about the same price, let him him get high blood pressure while you relax.

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rawy
Member # 10355

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for rawy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you will be in cairo,,do not rent car.. enjoy to be in cairo.
if you will travel in egypt,,rent car.
good luck

Posts: 66 | From: ukraine | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark_Mayo
Member # 9120

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark_Mayo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really, i can't drive in Cairo! Is it really that crowded !

Oh well, i had planned to rent a car and kinda get to drive in the streets of Cairo and just go about anywhere and everywhere.

im sure that the city has lot more to offer than just the museum , Pyramids and downtown.

I want to know the people and talk to them, but is English wide spread there?

Posts: 7 | From: Tampa, Fl. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShannonAmr
Member # 10352

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShannonAmr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Truly! Don't rent a car! I almost did this before I went and I'm so glad I didn't. You will not be able to handle it. Really!
Posts: 130 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nile_pharaoh
Member # 9938

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nile_pharaoh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
contact me when you are here i,d be glad to assist u my name is momen 26 male , egyptian , my cell phone is 0123429074 or 0106341415
Posts: 73 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark_Mayo
Member # 9120

Rate Member
Thanks for all the replies.
I got to Egypt and i like the experience so far.

Heading to Hurghada in few days. Hope it's as nice as i heard.

ahmedmagdy
Member # 10691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahmedmagdy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi man im ahmed have 24 old i can nice car sport
and i need friends if u wanna be friend oky i will be have and i can help u when u will come egypt and my email
ramyhetler@hotmail.com
and my namber mobail 0124696691
see u and good luck bye

Posts: 19 | From: egypt | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptourguide
Member # 5233

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptourguide   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
very hard seeing Cairo from inside even for Egyptian themselves but khan AL khalili bazaar and Islamic Cairo area
good luck

--------------------
[URL=http://soha.egypt.tripod.com]

Posts: 167 | From: egypt | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com