EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Prince Charles and Camilla in Egypt!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Prince Charles and Camilla in Egypt!
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahlan, ahlan! [Smile]

Egypt trip for Prince and Duchess
19 March 2006

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall are preparing to start their second overseas tour together.

Charles and Camilla are visiting Egypt - the ancient land of the Pharaohs and the Pyramids - and will arrive in the capital Cairo which lies on the banks of the River Nile.

Their two-week stint abroad will also take them to the royal kingdom of Saudi Arabia and then on to India.

Last November, they travelled to America for their first official foreign trip together.

This time they are heading East. They will spend three days in Cairo before visiting a desert oasis town and laying a wreath at the Commonwealth War Grave Cemetery at El Alamein.

The site of the victorious battle during the Second World War in 1942 holds a special poignancy for the Duchess. Her now elderly father Major Bruce Shand was wounded and captured at El Alamein.

The Foreign Office warns of a high threat from terrorism in Egypt. Last July, three bombs exploded in Sharm al-Sheikh in the Sinai Peninsula killing more 60 people including 11 British nationals.

The Egyptian security services have tightened security, but Charles's team of bodyguards will be on high alert.

Islamic fundamentalists have been active in Saudi Arabia, as well as Egypt, and India is still suffering from the long-standing border dispute with Pakistan over Kashmir.

Clarence House said the couple's trip will concentrate on promoting better understanding and tolerance between faiths, sustainable agriculture and training and employment opportunities for young people.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/articles/PA_NEWA16843841142593479A00?source=PA%20Feed

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There goes the neighborhood! [Eek!]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pablowablo
Member # 9129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pablowablo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
who cares!?
Posts: 113 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suzy24/7
Member # 10317

Icon 1 posted      Profile for suzy24/7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there a reason behind it or what?
Posts: 122 | From: England | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karena
Member # 9835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karena     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another free holiday supported by us Brits.......
Posts: 200 | From: uk | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tami025
Member # 9181

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tami025     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
all i have to say is that i hope some arab paparazzi chases camilla the dog into a tunnel and forces her driver to crash. princess diana was the most angelic human ever lived, how her husband abused her and married, as diana used to call camilla, a 'doberman' (german dog), is truly the work of the devil...why a man would leave his wife who helps the world, feeds starving children and is so beautiful, for a stupid nobody ugly woman is evil.
Posts: 229 | From: philadelphia, pa, usa | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I actually think Camilla is alright.
I lay the blame on the charles more than the camilla.
anyhow I think that diana found her happiness finally with dodi, at least they had that before the accident ( or was it an accident?)
I remember I was duty free shopping in sydney with my mother in law that night, she got a call on her handphone from jakarta to tell her the news.
And then I think Michael Hutchence as well was the same week?

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Melati:

No no Melati, Michael Hutchence didn't die in summer of '97 but in November instead, he committed suicide by strangling himself with a belt in a hotelroom. It was such a shock, no one saw that comming. You know his girlfriend and ex-wife of Bob Geldof - Paula Yates - committed shortly after that suicide and now their daughter Heavenly Harani Tigerlily is growing up with Geldof's family. What a tragedy. I adored Michael Hutchence, he was a very talented singer. [Frown]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The morning after Diana died I received a phone call from London. Well, I just returned to Cairo from vacation there. I would not believe it, was this a bad joke? Well, the news told me finally different. I also was in London when Diana give her all-tell interview to the press you know when they were getting ready to divorce. Everyone had sympathy with Diana. When she hooked up with Dodi Al-Fayed I was very happy because he was an Egyptian. Unfortunately they both died way too young, no one can say if their love would have lasted or not and up to this day there is so much conspiracy out there that this accident in Paris was premeditated. And we might never know.......
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah..thats right.
Once when i was little I went to birthday party of some friends whos dad was a studio musician and the inxs guys were all there, this was before they were famous mind you!
I love michael hutchence too , my favorite song is "burn for you" I think thats what its called , it has "tilt my hat at the sun, and the shadows they burn dark, light me and Ill burn for you, something something" It reminds me of being a kid at my grandfathers house in auckland watching the fish in his ponds.

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Hey, Camilla is really into horses..... just found that article on the net.

Duchess visits Cairo hospital for horses
By Caroline Davies in Cairo
(Filed: 23/03/2006)

The Duchess of Cornwall made a special visit to the Brooke Hospital for sick donkeys, mules and horses, tucked away in a shabby Cairo backstreet yesterday.

The visit to the hospital, which offers free veterinary care to beasts of burden, was at the duchess's instigation; the one element of a five-day royal programme in Egypt, that she specifically requested.

She and the Prince of Wales were shown animals bearing terrible physical injuries that are suffered at the hands of their owners who work them, sometimes without rest, either ferrying tourists around the pyramids or carrying heavy loads in the city's brick kilns.

The hospital was established by Dorothy Brooke, the wife of Major General Geoffrey Brooke, who headed the British Cavalry in Egypt.

She was appalled by the plight of ex-cavalry First World War horses sold to stone quarries in Cairo, and raised Ģ20,000 by putting an appeal in The Daily Telegraph. She opened the hospital in 1934.

Today the charity runs clinics around the world. Lady Weir, chairman of the Brooke Board, showed the royal couple round. "[The Duchess] was really moved by it and she wants to do something to support our work," she said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/03/23/ncam123.xml

Karena
Member # 9835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karena     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charles & Camilla on their wedding night !!!!!!

Camilla bought new shoes for her wedding, which got increasingly tighter
and tighter as the day went on.

That night, when the festivities were finally over and they retired to
their room, she flopped on the bed and said, "Charles, darling. Please
remove my shoes. My feet are killing me!"

Her ever-obedient Prince of Wales attacked her right shoe with vigour, but
it would not budge.

"Harder!" yelled Camilla.

"Harder?" Charles yelled back, "I'm trying, darling! But it's just so
bloody tight!"

"Come on! Give it all you've got!" she cried.

Finally, when it released, Charles let out a big groan and Camilla
exclaimed, "There! Oh, God, that feels so good!"

In their bedroom next door, the Queen said to Prince Phillip, "See? I told
you with a face like that, she was still a virgin!"

Meanwhile, as Charles tried to remove her left shoe, he cried, "Oh, God,
darling! This one's even tighter!"

At which Prince Phillip said to the Queen, "That's my boy: once a Navy
man, always a Navy man!"

Posts: 200 | From: uk | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One thing I will always remember is stepping out of the metro to walk along to Kensington palace Diana's home and the smell of incense, candles, and flowers would knock you over, in the few days after she died. It was so powerful. Another thing was seeing her wedding dress, shoes, and little parasol in the exhibition at Althorp her family home. The floor was scattered with the leftover petals from the funeral. It was heartbreaking.
We just got back from paris a few days ago and couldn't I stop myself from returning to the Pont De L'alma, and Repossi. We walked along Rue Cambon the road leading from the Ritz, and it was all so very sad. I expect Diana's last sight was the glittering Eiffel Tower as she entered the tunnel to her death...............So very sad...........I wonder if she was pregnant?...........
[Frown]

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we went to the palace that morning, grabbed a small bunch of flowers and walked up to the gates.. there was only 3 or 4 of us. we put the flowers right through the gold lock on the gates. a jogger stopped... she had no idea. others were the same. then a film crew arrived. we left and went home. within a few hours we saw the gates on the news.... covered in flowers, within days you couldnt get near the gates. i'll never forget how quiet that morning was there and how strange it was that people didnt know.
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep..it was in late fall of '97 (I remember because I was 8 months pregnant with my younger son at the time). I loved Michael Hutchence..his voice was so sensual.

quote:
Originally posted by *Tigerlily*:
quote:

No no Melati, Michael Hutchence didn't die in summer of '97 but in November instead, he committed suicide by strangling himself with a belt in a hotelroom. It was such a shock, no one saw that comming. You know his girlfriend and ex-wife of Bob Geldof - Paula Yates - committed shortly after that suicide and now their daughter Heavenly Harani Tigerlily is growing up with Geldof's family. What a tragedy. I adored Michael Hutchence, he was a very talented singer. [Frown]

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, I believe Charles was more at fault. Of course we could say that Charles and Camilla were equally at fault. He knew he was a married man and she knew it too.

quote:
Oh I actually think Camilla is alright.
I lay the blame on the charles more than the camilla.
anyhow I think that diana found her happiness finally with dodi, at least they had that before the accident ( or was it an accident?)
I remember I was duty free shopping in sydney with my mother in law that night, she got a call on her handphone from jakarta to tell her the news.

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truedevotion
Member # 10049

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truedevotion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tami...
Donīt blame Camilla. She has been the love of Charles life even before he met Diana. It was arranged marriage with her, and obviously Charles couldnīt pretend all of his life.

There are also many other famous people helping the weakest and not making a big thing about it. One thing what I realised that mother Theresa died quite near Diana and many magazines put Dianas pictures to front page!? If we compare who was was the biggest gift on earth it is surely Mother Theresa.

It think C and C deserve their happiness. I am sure so much happens and happened behind the scenes. For royalty it has always been important to give as clean picture as possible....

Posts: 118 | From: Finland | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tami025:
all i have to say is that i hope some arab paparazzi chases camilla the dog into a tunnel and forces her driver to crash. princess diana was the most angelic human ever lived, how her husband abused her and married, as diana used to call camilla, a 'doberman' (german dog), is truly the work of the devil...why a man would leave his wife who helps the world, feeds starving children and is so beautiful, for a stupid nobody ugly woman is evil.

your entire post refers to his behaviour but you want her to be killed? stupid? nobody? dog? ugly?

is your house made of glass per chance?

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course it was no accident!! Can you imagine the former wife of the future king being allowed to have Egyptian muslim children alongside the heirs to the throne???
I was never the greatest Diana fan, but it seemed that for the first time in her life, the woman was really happy with Dodi!!!!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tami025
Member # 9181

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tami025     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i doubt he gave a **** about diana at all...he only married her because she was a virgin and he was being pressured. come on now! he must have not been that loving if she was so sad all the time...and then finally ended up with an egyptian dude!
Posts: 229 | From: philadelphia, pa, usa | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Camilla was crowned "Spouse Of The Year"!!!!! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Camilla named Spouse of the Year!
London | March 23, 2006 2:36:49 PM IST

Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall has been named Spouse of the Year at a magazine awards ceremony.

Camilla, who married Britains Prince Charles last April, was given the honour at the Oldie of the Year awards.

The monthly magazine recognised the Duchess for her strength and conviction under the gaze of the public eye.

The 58-year-old is currently touring Egypt with the prince and was unable to attend the ceremony.

In a speech read out by her friend, the author Jilly Cooper, on her behalf, the duchess said she regretted not being there to collect it herself.

Ms Cooper said the Duchess had been absolutely knocked out and thrilled to bits to receive the award.

In her speech, the Duchess of Cornwall said: I am lost for words to describe the honour done to me by such an eminent publication as the Oldie magazine, which has espoused so many causes and now roused itself to offer me the Spouse of the Year award.

Unfortunately, at the time this award launch takes place I shall be carrying out some overseas spousing duties and therefore trust you will forgive my absence. (ANI)

http://www.netindia123.com/showdetails.asp?id=286020&cat=World&head=Camilla+named+Spouse+of+the+Year%21

Now all women want to be just like her! [Big Grin]

Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
LOL.
I dont like the books of Jilly Cooper.They remind me of the kind of reading material that is on the library trolley when you are in hospital LOL.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com