EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Mosquito

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mosquito
mrax
Member # 10465

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrax         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are mosquito a big problem in Egypt ? Should we bring a repellent or can a hotel be expected to be mosquito free ?!
Posts: 4 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hotels are sprayed twice a day, but yes the blighters still manage to get you. No malaria though, that is the good news.

--------------------
Whitelily

Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiveItUp
Member # 4811

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiveItUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES! They are awful. I have suffered for 2 yrs with allergic reacation to diff. type mosquito here, they are small little things that make me have the worst red welts.....eww! Please bring repleelnt and most importantly a strong itch relief for afterwards, I like Banddaid's Insect gel clear back home.....good luck.
Posts: 395 | From: Whereever I go | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES YES YES!!! The mosquitos are horrible in Egypt! Bring repellant. I wish someone warned me of this before I went the first time. I'm going back in July...I'm bringing loads of repellant this time.
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
did u know mosqitoues have 100 eyes [Eek!]

--------------------
--
here...
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0955020700/qid%3D1133898517/026-7853042-0414807= Recommended...![/url]

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yikes! [Eek!]
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catch a 4alling **ChImP**
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catch a 4alling **ChImP**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im not come across them yet in egypt only africa kenya went home....mombassa
got sick // [Smile] slap slap smack me self ..lol

Posts: 1602 | From: the banana island shake me tweeeeeeee | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every pharmacy in Egypt sells mosquito repellent!!! just don't forget to put it on!!!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valerie
Member # 6806

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valerie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you take yeast tablets they won't come near you. Your skin lets off a smell they don't like. Humans can't smell any thing..............well so long as you wash
Posts: 290 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigma
Member # 9314

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Enigma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
Every pharmacy in Egypt sells mosquito repellent!!! just don't forget to put it on!!!

To be honest, I found the stuff I bought in Egypt was practically ineffective [Frown] and I seem to have the same unpleasant reaction as LiveItUp, not nice!!

Is there an industrial strength repellant out there that actually works?? Or shall I resign myself to remaining inside for a large percentage of the year [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 127 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snake poison
Member # 10674

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for snake poison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Enigma:
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:

To be honest, I found the stuff I bought in Egypt was practically ineffective [Frown] and I seem to have the same unpleasant reaction as LiveItUp, not nice!!

Is there an industrial strength repellant out there that actually works?? Or shall I resign myself to remaining inside for a large percentage of the year [Roll Eyes]

Only if you buy a good brand not the 2 LE one
Posts: 517 | From: snake city | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garfield
Member # 10258

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for garfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always bring from the USA a repellant with 100% Deet which seems to work very well.
Posts: 91 | From: Egypt/Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiveItUp
Member # 4811

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiveItUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have to try the yeast tablets as I hate to wear smelly sticky repellent every waking moment as a deterent to them buggers...
They also leave you lovley marks on your skin forever.......hate them it's misery when you have 25 bites everywehre.......help?

Posts: 395 | From: Whereever I go | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suzy24/7
Member # 10317

Icon 1 posted      Profile for suzy24/7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do yeast tablets do other than repel mosquitos? I mean why do people take them in the first place?
Posts: 122 | From: England | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first 3 trips to Egypt I never had any problems, but when I went to Cairo a couple of weeks ago I suffered badly for a couple of days until I bothered to put on the repellant I bought (from England) which worked really well. I also left it sat by the bed with the cap off which helped too I think.
Its called 'Mosi-guard' Natural. It looks like a stick deodorant.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mrax:
Are mosquito a big problem in Egypt ? Should we bring a repellent or can a hotel be expected to be mosquito free ?!

a problem?? they're the size of rats here!
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com