EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Mosquito » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
mrax
Member # 10465
 - posted
Are mosquito a big problem in Egypt ? Should we bring a repellent or can a hotel be expected to be mosquito free ?!

Semsema
Member # 5415
 - posted
Hotels are sprayed twice a day, but yes the blighters still manage to get you. No malaria though, that is the good news.

LiveItUp
Member # 4811
 - posted
YES! They are awful. I have suffered for 2 yrs with allergic reacation to diff. type mosquito here, they are small little things that make me have the worst red welts.....eww! Please bring repleelnt and most importantly a strong itch relief for afterwards, I like Banddaid's Insect gel clear back home.....good luck.

Madame M.
Member # 8386
 - posted
YES YES YES!!! The mosquitos are horrible in Egypt! Bring repellant. I wish someone warned me of this before I went the first time. I'm going back in July...I'm bringing loads of repellant this time.

TheWesternDebt2Islam aka Ki$$ aka K
Member # 7854
 - posted
did u know mosqitoues have 100 eyes [Eek!]

Madame M.
Member # 8386
 - posted
yikes! [Eek!]

CHIMPS
Member # 10093
 - posted
im not come across them yet in egypt only africa kenya went home....mombassa
got sick // [Smile] slap slap smack me self ..lol

Samia
Member # 4691
 - posted
Every pharmacy in Egypt sells mosquito repellent!!! just don't forget to put it on!!!

Valerie
Member # 6806
 - posted
If you take yeast tablets they won't come near you. Your skin lets off a smell they don't like. Humans can't smell any thing..............well so long as you wash

Enigma
Member # 9314
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
Every pharmacy in Egypt sells mosquito repellent!!! just don't forget to put it on!!!

To be honest, I found the stuff I bought in Egypt was practically ineffective [Frown] and I seem to have the same unpleasant reaction as LiveItUp, not nice!!

Is there an industrial strength repellant out there that actually works?? Or shall I resign myself to remaining inside for a large percentage of the year [Roll Eyes]

shazlym
Member # 10674
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Enigma:
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:

To be honest, I found the stuff I bought in Egypt was practically ineffective [Frown] and I seem to have the same unpleasant reaction as LiveItUp, not nice!!

Is there an industrial strength repellant out there that actually works?? Or shall I resign myself to remaining inside for a large percentage of the year [Roll Eyes]

Only if you buy a good brand not the 2 LE one

garfield
Member # 10258
 - posted
I always bring from the USA a repellant with 100% Deet which seems to work very well.

LiveItUp
Member # 4811
 - posted
Have to try the yeast tablets as I hate to wear smelly sticky repellent every waking moment as a deterent to them buggers...
They also leave you lovley marks on your skin forever.......hate them it's misery when you have 25 bites everywehre.......help?

suzy24/7
Member # 10317
 - posted
What do yeast tablets do other than repel mosquitos? I mean why do people take them in the first place?

oldbag
Member # 9889
 - posted
My first 3 trips to Egypt I never had any problems, but when I went to Cairo a couple of weeks ago I suffered badly for a couple of days until I bothered to put on the repellant I bought (from England) which worked really well. I also left it sat by the bed with the cap off which helped too I think.
Its called 'Mosi-guard' Natural. It looks like a stick deodorant.

With a name like Smuckers
Member # 10289
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by mrax:
Are mosquito a big problem in Egypt ? Should we bring a repellent or can a hotel be expected to be mosquito free ?!

a problem?? they're the size of rats here!

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com