EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » gippy tum

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: gippy tum
Debs
Member # 10874

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Debs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
any advice about how to stop a gippy tum, going in July and with the heat it is bound to happen, also any good remedies if we do end up with it local or to take from England.
Posts: 42 | From: UK | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ninky
Member # 10736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ninky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try the anti bacterial tablets, they are good, but just try to stay away from foods sold on street, and buffet food which has been out for a while, but if you have been here before and suffered, usually the next time you come you dont really have it.

--------------------
Do you think I look like George Clooney!!!

Posts: 155 | From: Eeeegggyyypppttt | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
martha
Member # 10281

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for martha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was in Egyt about 45 days ago. No problems with the local food or water. Ate everything I wanted at street vendors, restaraunts, etc.

But the best food was the food my husband cooked. And his mother and sisters, of course.

God I love the food. It was a wonderful change from what I'm used to eating.

Posts: 58 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any pharmacy has Streptoquin. They only cost about 9 LE for a packet. The good thing is you don't get the awful gripping pain with them and they work really fast.

--------------------
Whitelily

Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like sem says, Streptoquin... also Antinal....both are gut antibacterials... so you don't get the clogging afterwards that you get with the English stuff!!!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nomad
Member # 6283

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nomad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another one we got from the local Pharmacies in Luxor is "Entocid".
Stopped Tut's Trots very well. So much so that any unused packets we had we would pass on to any of our friends going to Egypt too as the English stuff you buy just doesn't work out there.

Posts: 8 | From: England | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com