EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Miss Sarajevo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Miss Sarajevo
Mystic
Member # 1416

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Mystic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Miss S - I wouldn't want to be your friend if you were the last person on earth. Arrogant, empty, emotionally retarded people don't interest me much. Go back into your box and stop pissing everyone off.

Posts: 34 | From: Egypt | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Sarajevo
Member # 999

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Miss Sarajevo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are lying......
Its just the opposite, you would love to be my friend, but I give you no chance now, until you change your behavior. Than you will see what a "friend" is.

Posts: 1590 | From: Usa | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eszter
Member # 1397

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Eszter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's good! Hey Miss Sarajevo Don't let jerks say stupidities to you! You're doin it the right way.
HERE EVERYBODY CAN EXPRESS THEIR OPINION BUT THIS DOESN'T MEAN YOU "MUST" HIT THE OTHERS WITH RUDE AND SUBJECT OPINIONS SO STOP IT.

Posts: 89 | From: Hungary, Budapest | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carmendeespana
Member # 1036

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for carmendeespana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Bizo. Nobody has the right to say who stays and who leaves.

If you feel you cannot cope with someone on the board, you know what you have to do. Door´s always open.

But never tell anyone that because you want to stay, they have to go.

[This message has been edited by carmendeespana (edited 22 October 2002).]

Posts: 932 | From: España | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystic
Member # 1416

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will not continue to engage in trivial nonsense with people who can't see beyond their own nose. I know Miss S is a key contributor to this board but does this give her a license to insult? I don't believe so. My way of dealing with people is to stoop to their level if they cannot understand any other way. So if I am rude then Miss must be too.

Posts: 34 | From: Egypt | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
citizen
Member # 1344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for citizen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mystic, none of the people on the board know each other personally, or are real friends (felluca get-together people excepted perhaps?). We just exchange news and views. Don't take anything personally. It's supposed to be harmless entertainment.

Some people spend too much time here, take things too seriously. Just ignore threads or people that upset you.

Posts: 1039 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Art In Black
Member # 1410

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Art In Black     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being in Mystics shoes b4 while havng my arguments with dunes, i think u guys/gals r being harsh on her. I dont beleive she means for Miss S to leave the board, its just a way of expressing her frustration for whatever differences that they might have had. It was the case with me and everybody thought i was telling dunes to leave which i did write down but didnt mean. As for u Miss S, i dont agree with mystic that u r empty, but u do categorize people and get upset when they dissagree with u. U dont try to see the point behind their view of matters. Other than this i have to admit that in my short period here, u do have a wealth of information that is very useful to the readers, and ur posts r intresting. Meanwhile Mystic, u have to be patient when u state ur views, i dont mind agressive, but patience is the way to deliver what u want to say. Now every body kiss every body.
Posts: 355 | From: Egypt | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hollanda
Member # 1011

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hollanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi mystic,

Sometimes it's better to ignore...I also had a comment on a reply of Miss Sarajevo and i didn't mean it in a bad way. It was just my opinion. Maybe like citizen says..some people take comments too serious. And there are some people on this board who always feel the need to answer and to get their right! They even can react very childish in my eyes!! So don't take it too serious and just ignore it!

Posts: 92 | From: the netherlands | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carmendeespana
Member # 1036

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for carmendeespana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Art In Black:
Now every body kiss every body.

Posts: 932 | From: España | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Art In Black
Member # 1410

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Art In Black     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carmen....I luv this one, but why is one eye bigger than the other, do u think it got punched in the process of the fight? lol.
Posts: 355 | From: Egypt | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Sarajevo
Member # 999

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sarajevo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi folks,

I see you guys are having discussion about Miss Sarajevo. You know, unfortunately I dont see the "justice" here. Go back to my posting "CAN U HELP?" and each of you who claim that I had "a conversation" with Mystic, please come here and post my words.

Also, dont forget to post Mystic's words, IN ORDER HOW IT WAS POSTED.

As I can see, you guys are "comforting" Mystic, for his/her insults to me, I have never had conversation with this person whatsover. So, I am highly dissapointed in those who could not recognize that.

You can have fun and discussions without my input, and especially with memebers who have multiply nicknames, change the identity millon times and just come to the board to make a problem. Today you talk to one person, tomorrow they are gone.....while Miss Sarajevo as many others is DEVOTED to the board.

You people, dont appreciate what I do on this board. I am seriously considering an option to leave you alone. FOR GOOD...

Posts: 1590 | From: Usa | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Sarajevo
Member # 999

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Miss Sarajevo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot to say the most important thing. Thank you to my friends who supported me here. It will not be forgotton. Consider yourself hugged and I would do the same for you.

Miss Sarajevo

Art In Black
Member # 1410

Rate Member
Miss S, i speak for my self here, and from what i understand of what the others said, one comment was a comfort to Mystic..and otherwise every body was supportive of u.

i read

"It's good! Hey Miss Sarajevo Don't let jerks say stupidities to you! You're doin it the right way."

"I have to admit that Miss Sarajevo Is Not arogant nor empty.
In Fact She Is one of the MOST INTERSTING members of this Board. Mystic: Im sure Miss sarajevo is lot far popular on this boad and she adds value far more than you do."

Me myself, i have my own ideas, but i donot wish u even consider leave this board. It is just ideas that we exchange, and as it is said, to much agreement kills a conversation. And i am sure this is not what any one of us is seeking here. Plz reconsider.

Miss Sarajevo
Member # 999

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sarajevo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"MYSTIC" 11 DAYS ON THE BOARD:

DO WE NEED PEPPER SPRAY IN EGYPT? Mystic 11 October 2002 Living in Egypt
DOES IT REALLY MATTER ???? Mystic 11 October 2002 Living in Egypt
Your opinions please....911 Mystic 11 October 2002 Living in Egypt
STOP COMPLAINING Mystic 11 October 2002 Living in Egypt
Art In Black vs Dunes......vote Mystic 11 October 2002 Living in Egypt
a question about getting hotel rooms Mystic 14 October 2002 Living in Egypt
Taxi Please ? ? Mystic 14 October 2002 Living in Egypt
can u fall in love online? Mystic 14 October 2002 Living in Egypt
After all I said.. Mystic 14 October 2002 Living in Egypt
The Audacity ! Mystic 15 October 2002 Living in Egypt
Graphics Mystic 17 October 2002 Living in Egypt
CAN YOU HELP? Mystic 21 October 2002 Living in Egypt
Miss Sarajevo Mystic 22 October 2002 Living in Egypt
OFF THE BOARD

[This message has been edited by Miss Sarajevo (edited 22 October 2002).]

ajnabi
Member # 691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ajnabi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been watching for a while - been too busy at work to write, but I check in every day at 7pm or so to make sure I know what topics to keep in mind to write on next....

However, I can say that Miss S is genuine. I have never emailed her in private, although I'm thinking maybe its about time. In addition, she did slam one of my comments in another thread, something along the lines of inferring that I think I know everything although I don't... and yes, she can get hot under the collar oftentimes, but, like dolphin29 said in another post, she can be a sweetheart. And you newer members may not have seen how she started out... a real gem. It just seems that some of the geriatric members here have been rubbed the wrong way by newbies... (ahem, Art in Black/Dunes/Phoenix....etc!) but that doesn't mean we don't have anythign to learn from one another.

In the past 9 or 10 months of being on this board, I must say that these past few weeks is the worst that its ever gotten in terms of arguing and what not. I agree with Carmen, lets all jut put differences aside and please, please move on for the sake of keeping some harmony on this board. Whether we were born into our login names 2 years ago, or day before yesterday, we all have a right to make our opinions known, and all have a right to argue and smash each other (within limitations). Frankly, I enjoy a little zest here and there - it livens things up....

But please, please.... Everyone shoudl just say sorry, take a deep breath and begin afresh. I'll begin....

Sorry.

(Ha! It's easy for me. I didn't do anything to anyone....!)

Posts: 682 | From: The United States of America | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Sarajevo
Member # 999

Rate Member
MISS SARAJEVO:

ORFI 03 August 2002 Visiting Egypt
anyone need a free "dental" consultation? Miss Sarajevo 11 July 2002 Visiting Egypt
Invitation to Germany Miss Sarajevo 05 July 2002 Visiting Egypt
If you need friends and info about Egypt Miss Sarajevo 29 September 2002 Visiting Egypt
in love online....marrying younger egyptian Miss Sarajevo 01 August 2002 Visiting Egypt
Hello everyone...Need help here Miss Sarajevo 01 September 2002 Visiting Egypt
If u live/will live in Maadi and need a help.. I'm HERE Miss Sarajevo 10 September 2002 Visiting Egypt
WHAT A MESS!!!!!!! H E L P ! ! ! Miss Sarajevo 07 September 2002 Visiting Egypt
CRAZY FOR EGYPTAIR!!! Miss Sarajevo 09 September 2002 Visiting Egypt
Anti-Americanism Miss Sarajevo 25 September 2002 Visiting Egypt
Oops....a major romance issue here Miss Sarajevo 02 October 2002 Visiting Egypt
HEY EVERYBODY! Miss Sarajevo 02 October 2002 Visiting Egypt
sad.. Miss Sarajevo 16 October 2002 Visiting Egypt
does someone know.. Miss Sarajevo 16 October 2002 Visiting Egypt
Cross Cultural Marraiges - Doomed? Miss Sarajevo 04 September 2002 Living in Egypt
loving an egyptian - what complications to come? Miss Sarajevo 03 July 2002 Living in Egypt
IS THERE ANYONE TAHT CAN HELP ME!!!!! Miss Sarajevo 21 June 2002 Living in Egypt
article on egyptian men and foreign women-Egypt's Insight Feb 2002 Miss Sarajevo 02 October 2002 Living in Egypt
another question about egyptian men's intentions Miss Sarajevo 06 June 2002 Living in Egypt
tired of hearing negatives about egypt and it's men let's hear something positive!! Miss Sarajevo 06 June 2002 Living in Egypt
What will I do? Miss Sarajevo 13 June 2002 Living in Egypt
Any divorced foreign women with children living in Cairo? Miss Sarajevo 15 June 2002 Living in Egypt
Relationships with Cairenes Miss Sarajevo 10 July 2002 Living in Egypt
Help. Advice needed Miss Sarajevo 14 June 2002 Living in Egypt
Why getting married in Egypt ? Miss Sarajevo 14 June 2002 Living in Egypt
I am another stupid english woman Miss Sarajevo 16 June 2002 Living in Egypt
This is not Ethical... Miss Sarajevo 17 June 2002 Living in Egypt
question for foreign women in love with Egyptians Miss Sarajevo 21 June 2002 Living in Egypt
Bad love experience in Dahab Miss Sarajevo 25 June 2002 Living in Egypt
egyptian men Miss Sarajevo 15 July 2002 Living in Egypt
moving to egypt to marry Miss Sarajevo 25 June 2002 Living in Egypt
Desperate People Miss Sarajevo 21 July 2002 Living in Egypt
An Identity Crisis Miss Sarajevo 21 July 2002 Living in Egypt
anyone from USA who travels to CAIRO Miss Sarajevo 28 June 2002 Living in Egypt
apartment in Cairo from 2002-07-17 till 08-04 Miss Sarajevo 29 June 2002 Living in Egypt
Why some prefer Egyptian women? Miss Sarajevo 29 June 2002 Living in Egypt
PARENTAL ABDUCTION !!!! Miss Sarajevo 04 July 2002 Living in Egypt
Thanks Miss Sarajevo 05 July 2002 Living in Egypt
Any stories about Western women cheating on Egyptian men? Miss Sarajevo 09 July 2002 Living in Egypt
Love on The Nile. Share your first experience. (No sad stories plz) Miss Sarajevo 09 July 2002 Living in Egypt
An Egyptian married To Algerian 21 July 2002 Living in Egypt
I NEED HELP!!! Miss Sarajevo 09 July 2002 Living in Egypt
What's "cheating" in Egypt? Miss Sarajevo 09 July 2002 Living in Egypt
do egyptians use women as HAREEM? Miss Sarajevo 12 July 2002 Living in Egypt
DO EGYPTIAN GIRLS WANT TO HAVE BOYFRIENDS BUT DONT ADMIT IT? Miss Sarajevo 21 July 2002 Living in Egypt
Another Western/Egyptian relationship Miss Sarajevo 13 July 2002 Living in Egypt
Miss Sarajevo-where are u ? Miss Sarajevo 14 July 2002 Living in Egypt
PIKO Miss Sarajevo 14 July 2002 Living in Egypt
Question 4 Egyptian man Miss Sarajevo 15 July 2002 Living in Egypt
egy 38 man,very open minded very libral need the same western or egyptian girlfriend Miss Sarajevo 21 July 2002 Living in Egypt
WHEN THINGS GO WRONG Miss Sarajevo 15 July 2002 Living in Egypt
Wedding gift Miss Sarajevo 23 July 2002 Living in Egypt
The future in egypt, do egyptians have a chance to find work in egypt? Miss Sarajevo 16 July 2002 Living in Egypt
egyptain father Miss Sarajevo 21 July 2002 Living in Egypt
Older Woman/Younger Male Miss Sarajevo 19 July 2002 Living in Egypt
Egyptian Female Marrying to Foreign National Miss Sarajevo 23 July 2002 Living in Egypt
please help Miss Sarajevo 21 July 2002 Living in Egypt
how is the living cost in cairo ?? Miss Sarajevo 27 July 2002 Living in Egypt
piko were are you ??? Miss Sarajevo 20 July 2002 Living in Egypt
hi basboosa, miss sarajevo, carmendespana, Mr. sigmoid, Piko Miss Sarajevo 21 July 2002 Living in Egypt
Don't wear bright red in Cairo Miss Sarajevo 23 July 2002 Living in Egypt
Question for Debbie Miss Sarajevo 27 July 2002 Living in Egypt
Wanting to live in Egypt Miss Sarajevo 23 July 2002 Living in Egypt
Need some help... Miss Sarajevo 23 July 2002 Living in Egypt
what a great portrayal of egypt Miss Sarajevo 24 July 2002 Living in Egypt
* * * Will you mary me? * * * SAYS eGYPTIAN Miss Sarajevo 25 July 2002 Living in Egypt
**JOB QUESTION-just native speaker ( english ) can find a job in egypt ?** Miss Sarajevo 25 July 2002 Living in Egypt
sharm sharm, here i COMe Miss Sarajevo 30 July 2002 Living in Egypt
just thought i would let you know Miss Sarajevo 25 July 2002 Living in Egypt
hey, Amareen Lea, where r u??? Miss Sarajevo 27 July 2002 Living in Egypt
All starting now Miss Sarajevo 28 July 2002 Living in Egypt
**How Could U Possibly Know Visa or not Visa **** Miss Sarajevo 29 July 2002 Living in Egypt
Hey Mr. Monitor Miss Sarajevo 31 July 2002 Living in Egypt
How old IS NOT 2 old? Miss Sarajevo 29 July 2002 Living in Egypt
THE "ONLY SON" Miss Sarajevo 30 July 2002 Living in Egypt
Basically "NOT ARRANGED" Miss Sarajevo 30 July 2002 Living in Egypt
Mailing Stuff Miss Sarajevo 30 July 2002 Living in Egypt
GOING OFF THE BOARD 4 AWHILE Miss Sarajevo 30 July 2002 Living in Egypt
little Website Miss Sarajevo 31 July 2002 Living in Egypt
What do you think? Miss Sarajevo 30 July 2002 Living in Egypt
31 July 2002 Living in Egypt
Fixed: where is a good place to meet some one you've never met????? Miss Sarajevo 31 July 2002 Living in Egypt
Arab men mostly love good looking women? Miss Sarajevo 02 August 2002 Living in Egypt
Place to stay in Alex Miss Sarajevo 01 August 2002 Living in Egypt
love problems of an egyptian guy Miss Sarajevo 31 July 2002 Living in Egypt
White/Black Miss Sarajevo 31 July 2002 Living in Egypt
Do U Know How To Talk To a LADY ? Miss Sarajevo 01 August 2002 Living in Egypt
Sports in Egypt Miss Sarajevo 02 August 2002 Living in Egypt
Going off the board from Aug 2nd to Aug 26th Miss Sarajevo 02 August 2002 Living in Egypt
Use of Whitening Cream Miss Sarajevo 02 August 2002 Living in Egypt
interreligious mariages Miss Sarajevo 03 August 2002 Living in Egypt
be a bitch or not? Miss Sarajevo 02 August 2002 Living in Egypt
Ma' Salaamah(bye) Miss Sarajevo 04 August 2002 Living in Egypt
what are your worst experiences of egypt Miss Sarajevo 06 August 2002 Living in Egypt
Apartment for Rent in Zamalek Miss Sarajevo 05 August 2002 Living in Egypt
so disappointed - Egyptian men Miss Sarajevo 05 August 2002 Living in Egypt
help Miss Sarajevo 15 August 2002 Living in Egypt
egyptian's top reasons to leave egypt Miss Sarajevo 24 August 2002 Living in Egypt
looking for flat Miss Sarajevo 24 August 2002 Living in Egypt
Poems..Love & Otherwise Miss Sarajevo 27 August 2002 Living in Egypt
physical violence Miss Sarajevo 27 August 2002 Living in Egypt
exchange rate L.E. -USdollars Miss Sarajevo 27 August 2002 Living in Egypt
QUESTION BUSINESS RELATED....! Miss Sarajevo 28 August 2002 Living in Egypt
Kako si nermin!! Miss Sarajevo 28 August 2002 Living in Egypt
translation Miss Sarajevo 29 August 2002 Living in Egypt
Is it Wrong? Miss Sarajevo 30 August 2002 Living in Egypt
Unwanted cosmetics Miss Sarajevo 30 August 2002 Living in Egypt
Good Luck Susi!!! Miss Sarajevo 31 August 2002 Living in Egypt
Can anyone help? Miss Sarajevo 01 September 2002 Living in Egypt
eyeglasses Miss Sarajevo 01 September 2002 Living in Egypt
help Miss Sarajevo 01 September 2002 Living in Egypt
i need a guy Miss Sarajevo 01 September 2002 Living in Egypt
Does size matter? Miss Sarajevo 01 September 2002 Living in Egypt
DO WE NEED PEPPER SPRAY IN EGYPT? Miss Sarajevo 01 September 2002 Living in Egypt
The Incest Taboo Miss Sarajevo 02 September 2002 Living in Egypt
What is the "good man"? Miss Sarajevo 02 September 2002 Living in Egypt
What is a "good wife"? Miss Sarajevo 02 September 2002 Living in Egypt
Agree or Disagree Miss Sarajevo 02 September 2002 Living in Egypt
hmm.. Different situation to similar question Miss Sarajevo 02 September 2002 Living in Egypt
EGYPTIAN DENTISTS! R THEY RAPISTS?? Miss Sarajevo 10 September 2002 Living in Egypt
Living in Egypt
Marry an EGYPTIAN GIRL= My DEATH DAY Miss Sarajevo 05 September 2002 Living in Egypt
1 last stoopid question Miss Sarajevo 08 September 2002 Living in Egypt
CLEOPATRA QUESTION Miss Sarajevo 07 September 2002 Living in Egypt
Advice on meeting women in Cairo Miss Sarajevo 07 September 2002 Living in Egypt
Need advice on obtaining USA tourist visa. Miss Sarajevo 11 September 2002 Living in Egypt
OFF THE BOARD Miss Sarajevo 09 September 2002 Living in Egypt
Just Friends? Never! Miss Sarajevo 12 September 2002 Living in Egypt
Broken Hearts - Ladies what do YOU do Miss Sarajevo 25 September 2002 Living in Egypt
french girl... Miss Sarajevo 24 September 2002 Living in Egypt
learning dance Miss Sarajevo 24 September 2002 Living in Egypt
Debbie, Tell Us About Your Turkish Experience Miss Sarajevo 24 September 2002 Living in Egypt
CULTUER shock Miss Sarajevo 24 September 2002 Living in Egypt
GOing OutdOOr tOgether Miss Sarajevo 24 September 2002 Living in Egypt
MISS SARAJEVO GOT MARRIED!! Miss Sarajevo 23 September 2002 Living in Egypt
Dunes......PM4U Miss Sarajevo 23 September 2002 Living in Egypt
LONG TERM FRIENDSHIP Miss Sarajevo 24 September 2002 Living in Egypt
STOP THIS NONSENSE! Miss Sarajevo 23 September 2002 Living in Egypt
APOLOGIES Miss Sarajevo 23 September 2002 Living in Egypt
Looking for a room Miss Sarajevo 24 September 2002 Living in Egypt
See message from Egypt Search Administrator Miss Sarajevo 24 September 2002 Living in Egypt
MAN AND WOMAN FRIENDS? Miss Sarajevo 24 September 2002 Living in Egypt
WHICH WAY AT THE CROSSROADS? Miss Sarajevo 25 September 2002 Living in Egypt
WHAT GUYS REALLY WANT Miss Sarajevo 25 September 2002 Living in Egypt
HOW DO YOU KNOW? Miss Sarajevo 25 September 2002 Living in Egypt
Sandboy's Vacation Miss Sarajevo 26 September 2002 Living in Egypt
Can you love 2 ? Miss Sarajevo 26 September 2002 Living in Egypt
do guys ever think "PLATONIC"? Miss Sarajevo 26 September 2002 Living in Egypt
Shop Smart Save Money Miss Sarajevo 26 September 2002 Living in Egypt
email me Miss Sarajevo 26 September 2002 Living in Egypt
test Miss Sarajevo 04 October 2002 Living in Egypt
Egyptians: Black, White or Mediterranean? Miss Sarajevo 26 September 2002 Living in Egypt
Love in Egypt Miss Sarajevo 27 September 2002 Living in Egypt
betrayal???? Miss Sarajevo 30 September 2002 Living in Egypt
the other way round... Miss Sarajevo 29 September 2002 Living in Egypt
WHY ?? Miss Sarajevo 29 September 2002 Living in Egypt
ADDICTION OR NECESSITY Miss Sarajevo 30 September 2002 Living in Egypt
Four wives Miss Sarajevo 30 September 2002 Living in Egypt
DOES IT REALLY MATTER ???? Miss Sarajevo 30 September 2002 Living in Egypt
the other way around...II Miss Sarajevo 01 October 2002 Living in Egypt
Anyone got legally married in Egypt??? NEED ADVICE PLEASE Miss Sarajevo 02 October 2002 Living in Egypt
A GOD?? - Part II Miss Sarajevo 07 October 2002 Living in Egypt
help me!!!!!!!!!! Miss Sarajevo 04 October 2002 Living in Egypt
Bliss Miss Sarajevo 01 October 2002 Living in Egypt
The Existence of an Afterlife Miss Sarajevo 02 October 2002 Living in Egypt
Do egyptians know love? Miss Sarajevo 02 October 2002 Living in Egypt
susi........PM for you Miss Sarajevo 02 October 2002 Living in Egypt
Back from Alex: still in love.... Miss Sarajevo 02 October 2002 Living in Egypt
ANYONE GOING OR COMING FROM CAIRO? Miss Sarajevo 02 October 2002 Living in Egypt
I'M NEW to here-HI! Miss Sarajevo 02 October 2002 Living in Egypt
Don't Look for Cinderella in Egypt! Miss Sarajevo 03 October 2002 Living in Egypt
Blood on my hands Miss Sarajevo 03 October 2002 Living in Egypt
For Western ladies "Egyptian marriage" Miss Sarajevo 03 October 2002 Living in Egypt
funky feelins Miss Sarajevo 04 October 2002 Living in Egypt
war... Miss Sarajevo 15 October 2002 Living in Egypt
FUNNY Miss Sarajevo 06 October 2002 Living in Egypt
visa interviews Miss Sarajevo 08 October 2002 Living in Egypt
To NEWCOMER re: egyptian marriage laws Miss Sarajevo 06 October 2002 Living in Egypt
AMERICA Miss Sarajevo 07 October 2002 Living in Egypt
what is it about Egyptian men? Miss Sarajevo 08 October 2002 Living in Egypt
article by edward said (political yaani) Miss Sarajevo 08 October 2002 Living in Egypt
NILEDOC.......PM4U Miss Sarajevo 08 October 2002 Living in Egypt
BEAUTIFUL MOSQUE Miss Sarajevo 08 October 2002 Living in Egypt
PARTY........? Miss Sarajevo 08 October 2002 Living in Egypt
Is it alright for me to cry ? Miss Sarajevo 09 October 2002 Living in Egypt
Your opinions please....911 Miss Sarajevo 09 October 2002 Living in Egypt
Art In Black vs Dunes......vote Miss Sarajevo 11 October 2002 Living in Egypt
People in Iraq..want change....do you agree Miss Sarajevo 11 October 2002 Living in Egypt
dual citizenship Miss Sarajevo 12 October 2002 Living in Egypt
Taxi Please ? ? Miss Sarajevo 13 October 2002 Living in Egypt
Iraq's Weapons of Mass Destruction - British Government Miss Sarajevo 13 October 2002 Living in Egypt
Need help to find someone Miss Sarajevo 17 October 2002 Living in Egypt
noha Miss Sarajevo 17 October 2002 Living in Egypt
Strange fruit Miss Sarajevo 17 October 2002 Living in Egypt
Goodbye Miss Sarajevo 17 October 2002 Living in Egypt
SEXUALITY AND LOVE "RESEARCH" Miss Sarajevo 18 October 2002 Living in Egypt
BELIEF IN REINCARNATION Miss Sarajevo 18 October 2002 Living in Egypt
POLICE BRUTALITY Miss Sarajevo 19 October 2002 Living in Egypt
TRUST Miss Sarajevo 19 October 2002 Living in Egypt
Question About Islam Miss Sarajevo 20 October 2002 Living in Egypt

(c) 2000 EgyptSearch.com

[This message has been edited by Miss Sarajevo (edited 22 October 2002).]

carmendeespana
Member # 1036

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for carmendeespana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Carmen....I luv this one, but why is one eye bigger than the other, do u think it got punched in the process of the fight? lol.

The hug was so strong and emotional that he put one of his fingers inside his eye.

quote:
Now every body kiss every body.

Miss Sarajevo
Member # 999

Rate Member
I posted all....

Now you know who is Mystic, and who is Miss Sarajevo.

IF YOU WANTED TO JUDGE ME, WHY YOU DID NOT JUDGE ME CORRECTLY?

Art In Black
Member # 1410

Rate Member
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ajnabi:
It just seems that some of the geriatric members here have been rubbed the wrong way by newbies... (ahem, Art in Black/Dunes/Phoenix....etc!) but that doesn't mean we don't have anythign to learn from one another.

A very reasnoble man, i appreciate all u wrote, but dissagree on one part. I didnt rub anyone the wrong way so plz dont include me in ur list. From me "one of the newbies" i tell u that some of the "geriatric members" r unwelcoming to the newbies additions here. But as someone said b4, we newbies should let it pass since we r here to participate and not to let people go away. So plz, dont categorize and put a mark on the newbies, this is a public forum and not home for the geriatric members, and newbies will always be coming and going. I fully understand u mean no harm with this segregation but i find it a little unfair.
As for u Miss S, with all honesty i think u r a spoilt person, i know as every one can c that me and u have differences, which u made very clear in ur message to me in the Reincarnation thread, and here i tried to be nice and decent and consoling to u, but u r above all this, u go on acting like a spoilt child who wants attention. I guess u r arogant in a sense after all, mystic was right.
I guess this is all i have to say about this, and good luck to u be it here or else where.

[This message has been edited by Art In Black (edited 22 October 2002).]

ajnabi
Member # 691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ajnabi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all, I'm female!!!!

Second of all, I didn't mean newbies were rubbing everyone else the wrong way! It could have been a two way street for all I care. Regardless of whether you like it or not, some here are newbies, some are geriatric - it doesn't matter. Phoenix came in last month but his responses and ideas are so dear to me that I feel like he's been here forever! (and we even started off on the wrong foot!)

There's a reason that our names have the # of posts below them. I'm not necessarily categorizing people into one group or another, I'm just calling a spade a spade! I know someone could have rubbed YOU the wrong way, and in the same breath, YOU could have rubbed SOMEONE else the wrong way.

All I'm trying to say is that bygones should be bygones.

That's all! I'm SO tired of all this!

Regardless, you have the right to disagree with anything I write, so if you feel my categorization was flippant, and it hurt you, then I do regret it.

Posts: 682 | From: The United States of America | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Art In Black
Member # 1410

Rate Member
then u should call ur self ajnabia. Ok so u r a reasnoble woman. as for the rest i promissed i will add no more comments and this is what i will do.

quote:
Originally posted by ajnabi:
First of all, I'm female!!!!

Second of all, I didn't mean newbies were rubbing everyone else the wrong way! It could have been a two way street for all I care. Regardless of whether you like it or not, some here are newbies, some are geriatric - it doesn't matter. Phoenix came in last month but his responses and ideas are so dear to me that I feel like he's been here forever! (and we even started off on the wrong foot!)

There's a reason that our names have the # of posts below them. I'm not necessarily categorizing people into one group or another, I'm just calling a spade a spade! I know someone could have rubbed YOU the wrong way, and in the same breath, YOU could have rubbed SOMEONE else the wrong way.

All I'm trying to say is that bygones should be bygones.

That's all! I'm SO tired of all this!

Regardless, you have the right to disagree with anything I write, so if you feel my categorization was flippant, and it hurt you, then I do regret it.

susi
Member # 1181

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for susi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not singling out anyone with this statement but I will remind those members who identify themselves publicly as Muslims on this board, that there are people watching and laughing at such behaviour, whether it is justified or not. How can anyone explain the concept of why a boy will give his life in jihad when here, in this place where we come only to speak as friends and give advice online, Muslims are tearing at each other?
In-fighting, dissension, arrogance, lack of patience...contrary to the most basic manners of a Muslim, not to mention general human behaviour.

Posts: 333 | From: queens, NY USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ajnabi
Member # 691

Rate Member
really? ajnabia?

Hmmm.... Damn. Now i have to find out if my name was unisex, as I initially thought it was....

Where are CWB and NadiaV? Could you give me insight as to whether 'ajnabi' is unisex.... I think it is, it generally means 'stranger'... but you've got me thinking now....

Art In Black
Member # 1410

Rate Member
susi, i wouldnt be judgmental about muslims or non muslims if i was u, u dont know what is in peoples hearts, dont fall in this trap. it is against islam.

quote:
Originally posted by susi:
I am not singling out anyone with this statement but I will remind those members who identify themselves publicly as Muslims on this board, that there are people watching and laughing at such behaviour, whether it is justified or not. How can anyone explain the concept of why a boy will give his life in jihad when here, in this place where we come only to speak as friends and give advice online, Muslims are tearing at each other?
In-fighting, dissension, arrogance, lack of patience...contrary to the most basic manners of a Muslim, not to mention general human behaviour.

ThePhoenix
Member # 1325

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThePhoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Deleted

[This message has been edited by ThePhoenix (edited 27 October 2002).]

Posts: 442 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Art In Black
Member # 1410

Rate Member
ajnabi in slang means male foreigner(however this should be speled), ajnabia is female foreigner. in arabic language, ajnabi means the stranger but still not unisex.

quote:
Originally posted by ajnabi:
really? ajnabia?

Hmmm.... Damn. Now i have to find out if my name was unisex, as I initially thought it was....

Where are CWB and NadiaV? Could you give me insight as to whether 'ajnabi' is unisex.... I think it is, it generally means 'stranger'... but you've got me thinking now....

D Advocate
Member # 537

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for D Advocate   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ajnabi,

Just to add to what Art said, the Arabic word for a female stranger is 3*areeba (the closest English pronunciation is Ghareeba). But don't go on changing. We like your name as it is.

Posts: 376 | From: El Minia, Egypt | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shainy
Member # 1395

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Shainy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mystic:
Miss S - I wouldn't want to be your friend if you were the last person on earth. Arrogant, empty, emotionally retarded people don't interest me much. Go back into your box and stop pissing everyone off.

Hey everyone,
I havn't been on this forum very long at all either,but i have noticed that people just hate it when the obvious is pointed out,and to further it Miss Sara is not empty or cold or whatever whoever thinks,
she is a very cut and dry person,to the point,no beating around the bush,she is a black and white person...there is no grey shaded area about her.We should all realize she is a very essential element to this forum,and alot more times she has helped everyone more than she has hurt (speaking from personal experience).SO...in my opinion we ALL need to wake up and grow up...everyone gets so damn defensive on here and it is rediculous..i'd really hate to see all of us in person in a room together....can you say World War 3??
We are all from different parts of the world with different cultures,diffrent upbringing,different religions....and most importantley different opinions,lets look at this in a logical way folks...i think i have said before WE ARE ON THE INTERNET...
so the next time some one decides to get pissy with someone else then i think you guys need to go into a virtual chatroom and duke it out ..because noone on this forum wants to read it.....so please any negative comments on what i have said are welcomed..because i can assure you the kind of work i do...i deal with pissed off people all day..i can handle a tongue lashing.And once again i will reiterate what i said in the beginning....sometimes people can't handle it when the obvious is stated.

[This message has been edited by Shainy (edited 22 October 2002).]

Posts: 47 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Sarajevo
Member # 999

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Miss Sarajevo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shainy, hey thank you girl.

Listen I am just fine honey. But thank you for supporting me. You are real friend, girl. Miss Sarajevo will certainly be always here for you. I wonder where Fatima is? LOL!

Miss Sarajevo

CheckThisOut
Member # 4875

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CheckThisOut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New Moderated Forum http://www.youregypt.com/forum/index.php

Posts: 31 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ejar
Member # 2386

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ejar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amy (Lynn Johnson) wife of Ayman Mohamed and mother of maria who live on 1512 Spruce Place Apt #101 Minneapolis, MN 55403-3416 (612) 871-8357.

quote:
Originally posted by Organized Crime:
Now this is the juicy snippet I found this weekend. Somehow I feel the refugee situation has exasperated the color/race issue in Cairo.

This is long and difficult to digest, but its best to start chewing on it now. Its like petrified red meat.

From the book Cairo: City of Sand by Maria Golia

pg.127

called Caucasian type generally associated with foreigners and upper-crust Egyptians. Some Cairenes may recall that several centuries of their city's history belonged to the original Caucasians, the ones from the Caucasus (Circassian Mamlucks and Turks of Circassian extraction), whose features include light skin and light-colored eyes. Whether associated consciously or not wih the old ruling class, there is a marked preference for so-called Causcasian attributes. Many young brunettes lighten their hair; a larger number regularly endure the ordeal of straightening it. Middle and upper-class girls can purchase disposable coloured contact lenses at any number of pharmacies.

portray, it is unlikely that an inferiority complex is the cause for them. As a theory explaining social ills, the khawagaa complex merely substitutes psychological barriers for quantifiable, and actionable, constriants.

The term 'imperialist oppressor' (which barely had time to fall into disuse before its unfortunate post 9/11 revival), however vehementally employed, nearly always hides a grudging esteem. No matter how hypocritical or manacing first world nations maybe, htye have cities with proper schools and parks, and governments who serve the people at least once in a while. Likewise with regards to the strangers in their midst, the wealthy Egyptians, no matter how pretentious, the fact that they travel and that their children are healthy and well-educated does not escape the average Cairene's notice. Interest in the perennial other, whether foreign by birth or lifestyle, is a mtter of self-appraisal and definition, a weighing of pros and cons, a granting of concessions to reality. The Cairene conceit, arrived at through comparison, is a practical one. 'We're better people, but they're better off.'

The official attitude is less frank. However avid for the percieved benefits of capitalism, accommodating to foreign interests on economic issues, or suspectible to foreign models of so-called modern life, the line of demarcation between 'us' and 'them' is conspicuously drawn in laws relating to marriage. Women who eschew teir compatriots as spouses were once obliged to relinquish their nationality. While that is no longer the case, they still cannot pass Egyptian citizenship onto their children. Although born and raised in Egypt, children of foreign fathers will always be treated as outsiders by a vindictive bureaucracy as punishment for their mothers' lack of discriminiation.

By contrast, when an Egyptian man marries a foreign women, the latter is typically granted an Egyptian passport (having supplied the requisite ream of paperwork) within a year or two of request, suggesting tht feelings for foreigners cut both ways. Many Egyptians describe local feelings towards foreigners as envy's admixiture of lvoe and hate, and the contigent desire to emulate and absorb the other. We'll absorb you gladly, is the message sent to the foreign lady, because you've shown such fine judgement in choosing us.

The impulse to emulate foreigners is evident in popular perceptions of beauty. Far from idealizing the attractions of the dark-eyed and honey-hued, favour attaches to the so-called Caucasian type generally associated with foreigners and upper-crust Egyptians. Some Cairenes may recall that several centuries of their city's history belonged to the original Caucasians, the ones from the Caucasus (Circassian Mamlucks and Turks of Circassian extraction), whose features include light skin and light-colored eyes. Whether associated consciously or not wih the old ruling class, there is a marked preference for so-called Causcasian attributes. Many young brunettes lighten their hair; a larger number regularly endure the ordeal of straightening it. Middle and upper-class girls can purchase disposable coloured contact lenses at any number of pharmacies.

Light skin is unabashedly marketed; billboards for Fair and Lovely, The World's Number One Fairness Cream dot the city. Television commercials for the same product feature high school girls about to audition for the play Kais and Leila, a romance from classical Arab literature. The class vedette wants to the lead role, but her schoolmates warn her that Leila was 'beautiful' whereas she is 'dark'. The girl hastens to buy bleaching cream and, several timelapsed shades paler, gets teh aprt and appreciative looks from her make classmates.

quote:
Now this is the juicy snippet I found this weekend. Somehow I feel the refugee situation has exasperated the color/race issue in Cairo.

This is long and difficult to digest, but its best to start chewing on it now. Its like petrified red meat.

pg.127

Underlying these interactions, however fleet or superficial, are sinous currents or feeling, but how mcuh does the average Cairnene really care about foreigners? Probably nowhere near as mcuh as foreigners devel on Egyptians' preceptions of them. It is both foreign residents and upper-class Egyptians who postulate the khawagaa complex (foreigner complex) they attribute to Egypt at large. The khawagaa complex is theoretically provoked by peoples' insecurities regarding the west and its intentions, and a lack of confidence because of substandard education, a slow economy and rhetorical democracy. The khawagaa complex is a kind of post-colonial trauma, a side effect of globalism, that state of everwhelmed resentment at not being able to 'keep up'. While there is truth in these observations with regards to the conditions of life they portray, it is unlikely that an inferiority complex is the cause for them. As a theory explaining social ills, the khawagaa complex merely substitutes psychological barriers for quantifiable, and actionable, constriants.

The term 'imperialist oppressor' (which barely had time to fall into disuse before its unfortunate post 9/11 revival), however vehementally employed, nearly always hides a grudging esteem. No matter how hypocritical or manacing first world nations maybe, htye have cities with proper schools and parks, and governments who serve the people at least once in a while. Likewise with regards to the strangers in their midst, the wealthy Egyptians, no matter how pretentious, the fact that they travel and that their children are healthy and well-educated does not escape the average Cairene's notice. Interest in the perennial other, whether foreign by birth or lifestyle, is a mtter of self-appraisal and definition, a weighing of pros and cons, a granting of concessions to reality. The Cairene conceit, arrived at through comparison, is a practical one. 'We're better people, but they're better off.'

The official attitude is less frank. However avid for the percieved benefits of capitalism, accommodating to foreign interests on economic issues, or suspectible to foreign models of so-called modern life, the line of demarcation between 'us' and 'them' is conspicuously drawn in laws relating to marriage. Women who eschew teir compatriots as spouses were once obliged to relinquish their nationality. While that is no longer the case, they still cannot pass Egyptian citizenship onto their children. Although born and raised in Egypt, children of foreign fathers will always be treated as outsiders by a vindictive bureaucracy as punishment for their mothers' lack of discriminiation.

By contrast, when an Egyptian man marries a foreign women, the latter is typically granted an Egyptian passport (having supplied the requisite ream of paperwork) within a year or two of request, suggesting tht feelings for foreigners cut both ways. Many Egyptians describe local feelings towards foreigners as envy's admixiture of lvoe and hate, and the contigent desire to emulate and absorb the other. We'll absorb you gladly, is the message sent to the foreign lady, because you've shown such fine judgement in choosing us.

The impulse to emulate foreigners is evident in popular perceptions of beauty. Far from idealizing the attractions of the dark-eyed and honey-hued, favour attaches to the so-called Caucasian type generally associated with foreigners and upper-crust Egyptians. Some Cairenes may recall that several centuries of their city's history belonged to the original Caucasians, the ones from the Caucasus (Circassian Mamlucks and Turks of Circassian extraction), whose features include light skin and light-colored eyes. Whether associated consciously or not wih the old ruling class, there is a marked preference for so-called Causcasian attributes. Many young brunettes lighten their hair; a larger number regularly endure the ordeal of straightening it. Middle and upper-class girls can purchase disposable coloured contact lenses at any number of pharmacies.

Light skin is unabashedly marketed; billboards for Fair and Lovely, The World's Number One Fairness Cream dot the city. Television commercials for the same product feature high school girls about to audition for the play Kais and Leila, a romance from classical Arab literature. The class vedette wants to the lead role, but her schoolmates warn her that Leila was 'beautiful' whereas she is 'dark'. The girl hastens to buy bleaching cream and, several timelapsed shades paler, gets teh aprt and appreciative looks from her make classmates.

quote:

pg.127

Underlying these interactions, however fleet or superficial, are sinous currents or feeling, but how mcuh does the average Cairnene really care about foreigners? Probably nowhere near as mcuh as foreigners devel on Egyptians' preceptions of them. It is both foreign residents and upper-class Egyptians who postulate the khawagaa complex (foreigner complex) they attribute to Egypt at large. The khawagaa complex is theoretically provoked by peoples' insecurities regarding the west and its intentions, and a lack of confidence because of substandard education, a slow economy and rhetorical democracy. The khawagaa complex is a kind of post-colonial trauma, a side effect of globalism, that state of everwhelmed resentment at not being able to 'keep up'. While there is truth in these observations with regards to the conditions of life they portray, it is unlikely that an inferiority complex is the cause for them. As a theory explaining social ills, the khawagaa complex merely substitutes psychological barriers for quantifiable, and actionable, constriants.

More garbage, crap crap and more fucking crap

Amy (Lynn Johnson) wife of Ayman Mohamed and mother of maria who live on 1512 Spruce Place Apt #101 Minneapolis, MN 55403-3416 (612) 871-8357.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g179/sonomod2/Getting_followed_on_the_beach1.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g179/sonomod2/Cuddling_Jackson.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g179/sonomod2/Camel_Loved.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g179/sonomod2/Getting_followed_on_the_beach.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g179/sonomod2/Girls_duking_it_out.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g179/sonomod2/Hearty_Party.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g179/sonomod2/Maria_portrait.jpgotobucket.com/albums/g179/sonomod2/Osama_posing.jpg
amylynnmohamed@gawab.com

Posts: 18 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmen
Member # 2262

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe there were several people posting under the nickname "Miss Sarajevo", so don't give credit to everything written under that

------------------
Visit our community for women only at: http://pub163.ezboard.com/bthenewtreehouse

Posts: 119 | From: Spain, Madrid | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noiretblanc
Member # 4272

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for noiretblanc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carmen, are you Spanish?????? You can write to nuaretblanc@yahoo.es...I am a Spanish journalist and I will move to Cairo in September...

quote:
Originally posted by carmendeespana:
I agree with Bizo. Nobody has the right to say who stays and who leaves.

If you feel you cannot cope with someone on the board, you know what you have to do. Door´s always open.

But never tell anyone that because you want to stay, they have to go.

Posts: 182 | From: Madrid, SPAIN | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com