EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Islamic Discussions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Islamic Discussions
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salam Alaikum fellow muslims and all,

I always love to discuss Islam as for me it's a learning experience most times and a uplifting discussion area too.

What do you think about making one post daily, weekly,,whatever for this purpose only?

I know this is Egypt site,k but one cannot forget that Islam is an important aspect in many Egyptians lives.

Anyways, its just a suggestion and hope anyone who wants to, will start a post for discussion on this. For now it seems we have one opened already

Laura

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karen36
Member # 1076

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karen36     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Laura

I recommend the Yahoo webgroup for foreign women living in Egypt. Go to www.yahoo.com, click on groups, and look for womeg.

This is a rather religious group and you will be welcome there I am sure.

[This message has been edited by karen36 (edited 09 October 2003).]

Posts: 219 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaliyah
Member # 2861

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aaliyah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Laura, I would love to have a discussion about Islam here. It's a good idea.
Posts: 164 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aaliyah - Graeat to hear

Karen - Thanks but no thanks. I don't care for Yahoo groups. If I wanted to post elsewheres I would, there are many many groups for everything and anything on the net. I prefer the group here

Laura

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zenya
Member # 2915

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Zenya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wa Alykom Salaam Laura, I am new to Islam also almost 4 yrs now and living in Cairo with Ramadan coming maybe we can discuss this ? only a thought, I check the boards here almost daily.
Posts: 49 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I vote please please please.... if you want to start a religious section here, you all petition Sammy to open a new forum. I don't want to weed through a bunch of religious postings which generally end up in fights between the Islamics and the Coptics that can't agree to disagree. If there were a religious forum, I would feel free to step in when I had a question like the one I had the other day but not on a daily basis.

Please don't start that as a daily post in here. If you can hold it to weekly or monthly or just when something interesting comes to mind, then we would probably be within some limits we can all live with.

Thanks for your consideration.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdminBoy
Member # 1830

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AdminBoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No new forums for now. If they're willing to consider your request, Debbie, they can label the title of the post with anything like [Religious].
Posts: 61 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
talal
Member # 827

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for talal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder why you always think speaking about religion subject end up with fighting?.
If all parties take it in easy way with smiling showing how our religions are mercy and peace we wont say that. Actually this point of view is the imperialism point of view. We moslims and the Christians even the jews lives together hundreds of years without any problems, and when the imperialism get its foot in our area it make this infection between the religions. It tries to give bad impression about religion for other party.

What I think the aim of what laura asks for is to learn more about Islam.
If debby wants to know more about cristianity or jewish let her suggest this. Debby does not need to read topics which she doesn’t like nobody is forcing her to.

We the moslims belives in All these religions and we don’t allow any attacks for any religion. Also don’t mix politics with religion because religion comes from GOD, but politics is from human with all its dirtiness, tricks and lies.

Posts: 21 | From: cairo, cairo, egypt | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Salam Zenya

Welcome

Ramadan is a wonderful topic and feel free to make a post with whatever you would like to discuss.

Contrary to what Debbie has stated I have yet to see some "fight" between Muslims and Copts. Maybe she could find these posts she is referring to and refresh my memory since I have been posting for quite some time and can't recall a single one.

Irregardless, this board is for all and if we choose to discuss Islam those non muslims and muslims who are not interested, do not need to participate or even open up the thread for that matter, as it's quite obvious from most Topic Headings the nature of the post. It's merely a matter of coordinating mind to hand to mouse action

I also think Admin Boy made it quite clear on one of my earlier posts about adding new Forums, that none can be added since the board owner is MIA, so I don't know why she would re-suggest this.

Laura

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Laura, Laura, Laura..... That was a fairly 'tongue in cheek' snotty answer. Why did you do that? I didn't say anything about religious fights here, although I could probably find some if I had enough time for such searches, which I don't. But I have seen them elsewhere (and since you will probably challenge me to say where... if you get a chance to look at the AOL Egypt bulletin board, under religion, please do) and fights are all you get in there. Very little intellegent discussion.

And sooooo sorry I suggested something sooooo stupid as a new forum. Oh my...forgive me! Geez Louise Lady....what is your problem today? Rereading your post, my God, the whole thing was just a sarcastic bitch session, wasn't it?

I hope you will add RELIGION to your Subject titles as Admin Boy requested if you do go ahead with this project here, but if you don't, you are right, I can weed them out if I don't want to read them.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Debbie,

Have a second cup of coffee, lighten up and then edit your post like you did the last one you made on the Topic you started to Nef, other muslims and myself

Laura

karen36
Member # 1076

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karen36     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Laura

Debbie is practically revered on this site. She has helped many of us find our way here, and enjoy our time in Egypt.

Ramadan Kareem!

[This message has been edited by karen36 (edited 04 November 2003).]

Posts: 219 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Karen,

I will say whatever I want, whenever I want, wherever I want.

When the day comes either you or Debby own this board then you can tell me what to do concerning my posts. Until then, zip it please.

If the board host doesn't approve of what I say then they can do what they want, you have no control over this.

It's obvious your distaste for me and Islam and I will say I get the same impression from Debbie, but Islam is my life and I will discuss it till the day I die irregardless of people like you.

Laura

Zenya
Member # 2915

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Zenya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI Laura and all,
I can understand Debbie, and filing thru so many posts and now I am replying to this post and I don't see a spot where I can put RELIGIOUS other than making a NEW POST not a reply.
Freedom of speech is a powerful tool and like most American I value it and use it as well,
I have been in Egypt for over a year and have only experienced one Ramadan and most of this time was me still trying to adjust to the culture now that I am I would like to enjoy the season, any ideas would be accepted, I don't fast due to a low blood sugar problem and I do fast when I am able to usually one day a week to make it up.
I would like to know the best foods to brake fast with I used dates and appricots last year I would like to get more of a selection that wont put me further into the poor house haha.
Lets keep this discussion going ok?

Posts: 49 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karen36
Member # 1076

Rate Member
Ramadan Kareem

[This message has been edited by karen36 (edited 04 November 2003).]

talal
Member # 827

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for talal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by karen36:
Laura

Who says I am not a muslim? How dare you make that assumption!

Laura said
It's obvious your distaste for me and Islam and I will say I get the same impression from Debbie, but Islam is my life and I will discuss it till the day I die irregardless of people like you.
You need to read what laura wrote again and go to dictionary.
From the way you write on this board I can tell that you are one of the people who know little and think that he knows every thing, nether Muslim nor Christians says what you saying. If some one like you have NO loyalty for your religion how would you expect others to respect your opinion. I am sure that you are muslim in name only and acting as those who want to show that islam is religion of terrorists. From you what you wrote in previous posts I could tell this. You wrote
“So, it is more like you don’t want to lose a few of yours to the enemy?
It is this kind of thinking that prevents world peace.
If I learned as an adult that a religion yanked me away from my mother and subjected her to injustice, I would leave the religion.”
What a human you are ?????????/
Leaving religion for because it does not go with your mood!!!!!!!
If you are not muslim stop trying to insinuate you may be.

Posts: 21 | From: cairo, cairo, egypt | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karen36
Member # 1076

Rate Member
Well, I think this has gone far enough, and insults have been traded back and forth, so I will wave the white flag on this one and call for a truce.

Unfortunately for you Laura, you have eliminated the possibility of getting to know some really nice people here in Egypt, for whatever reason(s) you may have. People that you are seeking to hurt are actually quite intelligent, kind, friendly, and willing to go out of their way to help someone.

But in any case, I will only ask that you consider this. At the end of your day, instead of counting how many people you turned to Islam by your words and actions, think of how many people you turn away from Islam by your words and actions.

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
Debbie,

Have a second cup of coffee, lighten up and then edit your post like you did the last one you made on the Topic you started to Nef, other muslims and myself

Laura

At least I did have the class to edit it when I rethought about what I'd written. I would think you'd be happy that I changed it....I did change it for the better, I thought. The edit tool should be used for good, rather than evil. Try it sometime Laura.

Laura
Member # 879

quote:
Originally posted by Zenya:
HI Laura and all,
I can understand Debbie, and filing thru so many posts and now I am replying to this post and I don't see a spot where I can put RELIGIOUS other than making a NEW POST not a reply.
Freedom of speech is a powerful tool and like most American I value it and use it as well,
I have been in Egypt for over a year and have only experienced one Ramadan and most of this time was me still trying to adjust to the culture now that I am I would like to enjoy the season, any ideas would be accepted, I don't fast due to a low blood sugar problem and I do fast when I am able to usually one day a week to make it up.
I would like to know the best foods to brake fast with I used dates and appricots last year I would like to get more of a selection that wont put me further into the poor house haha.
Lets keep this discussion going ok?

Salam Zenya,

The Holy month of Ramadan deserves its own post don't you think?
Why don't you start a new post with heading Ramadan and then copy your post here onto it. (just hightlight and copy and paste it)
Just an idea

I'm researching this food stuff. Will get back to you on it.

Laura

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
quote:
Karen,
I will say whatever I want, whenever I want, wherever I want.

When the day comes either you or Debby own this board then you can tell me what to do concerning my posts. Until then, zip it please.
Laura

This is nice too. Laura will say whatever, whenever, whereever, but we are requested to "zip it"? Nice Laura! How fair is that?

Zenya
Member # 2915

Rate Member
HI Laura,
I do feel this subject should have it's own forum, however, the space is limited I guess ?????
I am FASTING )))) for the first time and doing well, and now feeling inside this community of Muslims and now starting to feel as tho I am a total Muslim now. I am working full time now this is why I haven't posted, thanks for your efforts Laura, I found too in newsgroups there will always be fights, and for this reason I don't do newsgroups. Ma Salaama to all, until next time .

ayman nassar
Member # 3044

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ayman nassar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All Salm Alikum , laura ,
Karen , debbie and zenya

Sorry to disturb your interesting discussion but I just wanted some urgent information about Islam , I promise I won’t be keeping you for long from this interesting argument of yours , well , I wonder if Any of you would help me in answering this question which I’m being asked frequently from my friends and I can’t quiet give an efficient answer and since we are already in Ramadan why don’t we think for an answer for this question
“ why did god asked muslims to fast ? or in other words what is the real reason behind fasting ? “

Posts: 19 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marching
Member # 2802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marching         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ayman nassar:
“ why did god asked muslims to fast ? or in other words what is the real reason behind fasting ? “

If you are a true believer, then you should not ask this sort of questions. If God wanted to give you a reason, He would have done so. You are simply following the orders of God whom you believe in. Who are we to think that we could speculate on the rationale behind God’s orders?

On the other hand, if you are not a true believer and you are approaching the subject from the viewpoint that the whole thing is man-made, then your question may make sense. However, you should phrase differently. And the answer could be formulated in a historical and social sense.

Posts: 59 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assalamu alaykum ayman nassar

The best way of finding out why Allah wanted us to do anything it to check on His Own Words or what the Prophet (peace be upon him) said. Here are some hadith that will explain as much as we can know about the reasons behind the command for fasting, the rest is just speculation.

Abu Hurairah reported the Messenger of Allah, upon whom be peace, saying: "Allah said: 'Every action of the son of Adam is for him except fasting, for that is solely for Me. I give the reward for it.' The fast is a shield. If one is fasting, he should not use foul language, raise his voice, or behave foolishly. If someone reviles him or fights with him he should say, 'I am fasting,' twice. By the One in whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, the [bad] breath of the one who is fasting is better in the sight of Allah on the Day of Resurrection than the smell of musk. The one who is fasting is happy at two times: when he breaks his fast he is happy with it, and when he meets his Lord he will be happy that he has fasted." This is related by Ahmad, Muslim, and an-Nasa'i. A similar version was recorded by al-Bukhari and Abu Dawud, but with the following addition: "He leaves his food, drink, and desires for My sake. His fasting is for Me... I will give the reward for it, and for every good deed, he will receive ten similar to it."

'Abdullah ibn 'Amr reported that the Messenger of Allah, upon whom be peace, said: "The fast and the Qur'an are two intercessors for the servant of Allah on the Day of Resurrection. The fast will say: 'O Lord, I prevented him from his food and desires during the day. Let me intercede for him.' The Qur'an will say: 'I prevented him from sleeping at night. Let me intercede for him.' And their intercession will be accepted." Ahmad related this hadith with a sahih chain.

Abu Umamah reported: "I came to the Messenger of Allah and said: 'Order me to do a deed that will allow me to enter Paradise.' He said: 'Stick to fasting, as there is no equivalent to it.' Then I came to him again and he said: 'Stick to fasting."' This hadith is related by Ahmad, an-Nasa'i, and al-Hakim who classified it as sahih.

Abu Sa'id al-Khudri reported that the Messenger of Allah said: "No servant fasts on a day in the path of Allah except that Allah removes the hellfire seventy years further away from his face." This is related by "the group," except for Abu Dawud.

Sahl ibn Sa'd reported that the Prophet said: "There is a gate to Paradise that is called ar-Rayyan. On the Day of Resurrection it will say: 'Where are those who fasted?' When the last [one] has passed through the gate, it will be locked." This is related by alBukhari and Muslim.

[This message has been edited by newcomer (edited 31 October 2003).]

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ayman nassar
Member # 3044

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ayman nassar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks a lot Mr New comer , the info you provided was just amazing .
Brother Sandal , you impressed me with your words defending Islam , but first of all let me tell you that my question was raised just to end up this endless female argument because from what I’ve read the discussion took them to another personal level , so I wanted to attract their attention to the true reason behind this topic , Ms Laura wanted an Islamic Issue to discuss and here I am , I giving her what she needs , the question wasn’t for me, actually it was for those who doesn’t know the reason behind fasting , non Muslims I mean ..
But to tell you the truth , your words shock me !!!! do u think as Muslims we should follow without understanding , is that what you know about Islam !!???
Is this religion just like military rules for you , u obey without any understanding !!!
I’m sorry mister but this is a very far away image , Islam as a religion is addressing mainly the human brain , not a single letter that was written by god in the holly Qu’ran is to be taken by granted with no justification , clearness and true understanding are the heart and soul of Islam !!!
Pity that you think it this way and more pity for those (non Muslims) who read your opinion , if you are wondering about things that you have been doing all your life without knowing why ,then you are hurting yourself and you are missing a lot
Please read or at least ask , let your questions be the subject of this discussion , how is that ? you ask about prayers , fasting , haj and al the principals of islam and we all share our information , what do you think Laura ????

Posts: 19 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zenya
Member # 2915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zenya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As salaamu alikim Ayman,
as a new comer < 3.5 yrs> to Islam, I have asked many questions myself and in some cases was told its the law of Islam, I do understand how we should question anything and everything in order to have a deeper meaning of Islam and to learn the correct answers in order to explain it to any one who should ask from their side.
When I am in USA with my name and being a Non-Arab I get alot of questions and if I don't know the answers I refer them to the Quran or the net, I don't like to discuss in depth Islam since I am not experienced enough yet to speak deeply on this subject, I only explain why I converted and how deeply the feelings are and how great my life became afterwards. So I am in agreement with you Ayman, there is no reason not to ask why concerning anything in learning how else will we learn. Ma Salaams

ayman nassar
Member # 3044

Rate Member
ok Zenya , but till when you will follow without understanding , do u know something you'll be asked on the judgment day what did you learn about your religion , so I think that we should all start asking (no shame in that ) , what do you want to ask , come on , yalla , ask and you’ll be getting all the answers you need and also you’ll be giving others and yourself the chance to get blessings instead of endless arguments
I’ll wait for your answer ….

Laura
Member # 879

Salam Ayman,

I think Newcomer has given a brilliant and correct answer as usual but I would just like to add what fasting means to me and other muslims I am sure.

The holy month of Ramadan is a time for developing and improving ones self-restraint, self-purification, God-consciousness, compassion, and showing our spirit of caring and sharing, the love of humanity and the love of God.

The Islamic Fast, as opposed to mere starvation or self-denial, is an act of worship and obedience to God, thanksgiving, forgiveness, spiritual training, and self-examination. Fasting elevates the human spirit and increases our awareness of God. It strengthens our willpower as we learn to rise above our lower desires.

It makes us realize the reality of life and death. Fasting makes us realize how dependant our lives are on things that we often take for granted, such as food and water. It makes us think about our dependence on God and God’s mercy and justice. Moreover, it reminds us of the life after death, which itself has a great impact on our character and our world view.

It cultivates in us the principle of sincere love, because when we observe fasting, we do it out of deep love for God. And a person, who loves God, truly is a person who knows what love is and why everyone on this Earth should be loved and treated justly, for the sake of God.

Zenya, hope Ramadan is going well for you and NefNef if you are reading this, Insha'allah will be in Cairo soon and will call you for an Iftar get together if you havent jetted off to Land of Diamonds yet

Laura

[This message has been edited by Laura (edited 03 November 2003).]

ayman nassar
Member # 3044

Rate Member
laura , pls mention something about (laylat el kadr )

Ayman ..

Laura
Member # 879

quote:
laura , pls mention something about (laylat el kadr )

Ayman ..

Ayman,

I read this article recently concerning Laylat el Qadr, and would like your comment on it. It brought tears to my eyes. Anyone else who would like to add his/her comments concerning this article please feel free but I ask you to be respectful and constructive. I would copy and paste but it's rather lenghthy so will just add the link for it.
http://www.islamicity.com/articles/Articles.asp?ref=IC0112-382

Laura

Nefertiti
Member # 1628

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nefertiti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Zenya, hope Ramadan is going well for you and NefNef if you are reading this, Insha'allah will be in Cairo soon and will call you for an Iftar get together if you havent jetted off to Land of Diamonds yet

Laura

[This message has been edited by Laura (edited 03 November 2003).]

Salam Alaikum Laura

No Land of Diamonds for me yet! Some time next year Insha'allah. It would be great to meet for Iftar, just call me when you're here. I hope you and hubby are having a great Ramadan

Mas'salam

Posts: 693 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nefertiti
Member # 1628

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nefertiti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This isn't really intended to be a joke but it made me laugh! Maybe it will lead to a discussion on Islamic Cleanliness

1. People not familiar with European social life might be interested to know that most Europeans take their bath only once in a week and during the week some hardly take off their shoes with the result that their feet tend to smell. So in public toilets there are often instructions not to wash feet in the wash‑hand basin. It makes sense. But even there this rule is not fair to Muslims who wash their feet five times a day at least. Luckily the convention has gradually been changing to accommodate Muslims. A story is told of a Nigerian Muslim postgraduate student at the SOAS, University of London, who in the late 60's walked in to a toilet and went to the wash‑hand basin to perform his ablution, as he was about to wash his feet, a British shouted, "you certainly can't wash your feet there!" He was said to have retorted, I certainly will, these feet are cleaner than your mouth, I wash them five times a day at least, tell me how many times you wash your mouth in a day?"

Posts: 693 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zenya
Member # 2915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zenya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI Ayman, I thank you for your reply and at this time I haven't any questions, I am working in an enviroment here in Cairo with women who are my Angels as I call them, they support me and guide me in the rightway for the very first time I feel apart of Islam and an insider now not outsider, I do follow those I trust only, which arent many, a chosen few, however, I feel you will be among the chosen few as I have seen your posts and enjoy the flow of your thoughts. Ma Salaama
Zenya
Member # 2915

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Zenya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI Laura,
Wow! you're right, this is a great read.
However, I find it odd this man is writing from California USA not somewhere deep inside a country where the life is real and part of your daily view. In USA it use to break my heart to see dead animals in the streets, here its the suffering people that the country has left behind, just yesterday I saw a family walking and 2 of them were in wheel chairs and one was crawling on the ground due to NO WHEEL CHAIR, I know the way drivers drive here and seeing a man crawling on the ground to them is just another target, how and why does this take place?
I;ll get off my soap box now ,
Fasting is going well, I eat a tablespoon of honey every morning and my sugar is fine all day long, I hope everyone is doing well too . Ma Salaama

quote:
Ayman,

I read this article recently concerning Laylat el Qadr, and would like your comment on it. It brought tears to my eyes. Anyone else who would like to add his/her comments concerning this article please feel free but I ask you to be respectful and constructive. I would copy and paste but it's rather lenghthy so will just add the link for it.
http://www.islamicity.com/articles/Articles.asp?ref=IC0112-382

Laura

Aaliyah
Member # 2861

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aaliyah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nefertiti:
1. People not familiar with European social life might be interested to know that most Europeans take their bath only once in a week and during the week some hardly take off their shoes with the result that their feet tend to smell.

Nefertiti, this is not only insulting but it's a lie. I don't know where did you get this or how many Europeans you know but I wouldn't say Europeans dirty. As for those public instructions to not wash feet in wash basin, I've never seen any of them, and the only place where I saw people washing their feet in wash basins was actually in the toilet of the Cairo airport.

In one of your posts somewhere you mentioned that you won't just sit and grin while others criticize your religion, so why do you expect others to accept that you tell lies about their culture? And as for Muslims being so fond of cleanliness, you can get a picture about it when you just look at the sreets of any Egyptian city. I didn't want to attack you but you asked for it.

Posts: 164 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ayman nassar
Member # 3044

Rate Member
Guys , guys ,guys !!!! what are you saying here , did you forget how this topic was called , let me remind you then, it was called (Islamic discussion) , I wonder why people are switching it into fights , we are not here to discuss who’s having the cleaner feet or to go through the laws of Public restrooms , pls you are making a joke out of Islam , we Muslims should talk on a higher level , we know that in each community there is the dirty and the clean ,the fat and the slim , the black and the white , feet are no exception !!!!!
Sorry for acting like a tutor , I swear I hate that role but when it comes to Islam , I’m sorry I have to interfere ……
Laura , when I asked you about laylet el kadr I didn’t want just a site to go to , thanks for this great help , but this is not what I had in mind , I wanted you to go to these sites you referred to , to read and understand and to come back here with a breaif simple explanation to your brothers and sisters (in Islam ) this is if you want to get the blessings , do you know how many blessings you’d make just writing two or three lines informing us about some Islamic issue ????????

Do you know how many blessings you’d gain in your scale just attracting non muslims to islam , and here I’m not talking about converting them but just to clear our true nature ….

This is it , we are here not to invite each other to iftars or so7oors or attack one another , we are here just for these blessings I mentioned before

Laura , I’m not going to search any site for information about laylat el kadr , I’m waiting for you to tell me what did you learn about it , in the simplest ways ,
Your sister Zenya is waiting too …

By the way for those who are reading my words and having a special image in their heads about that Islamic Enthusiast which is me,I’d like to clear this image in your heads I’m not that long bearded guy , not having a big belly , not wearing short pants and white head cover , I’m not frowning and certainly not carrying a machine gun or a pack of explosives under my shirt in fact I’m wearing Levis 501 , Nikes , and having a pair of clean feet )) in fact I was a swimwear model a couple of years ago , BUT I’M A MUSLIM , A REAL ONE TOO , DO U GET THE MEANING ????

Zenya
Member # 2915

Rate Member
hummmmmmmmm I posted a few replys here and I don't see them is anyone having this prob?
I am doing fine in Ramadan so far my fasting is going well and I am eating honey in the am to keep my sugar from falling its working

Lizbeth
Member # 2796

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Lizbeth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ayman Nassar,

You are exactly RIGHT ON!!!
People get so argumentative and bitchy about everything. I agree that the point should really be mutual edification.
Does anyone truly believe they will change someone’s opinion by arguing??? I suppose some of it is mildly entertaining, but most of it is just tiresome. Remember HUMANITY people we are all a part of it and are all a lot more alike than most want to admit!

Lizbeth

Posts: 50 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zenya
Member # 2915

Rate Member
HI all, I saw my posts finally so I guess the server is on a delay, they are posting fine now.

Nefertiti
Member # 1628

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Aaliyah:
Nefertiti, this is not only insulting but it's a lie. I don't know where did you get this or how many Europeans you know but I wouldn't say Europeans dirty. As for those public instructions to not wash feet in wash basin, I've never seen any of them, and the only place where I saw people washing their feet in wash basins was actually in the toilet of the Cairo airport.

In one of your posts somewhere you mentioned that you won't just sit and grin while others criticize your religion, so why do you expect others to accept that you tell lies about their culture? And as for Muslims being so fond of cleanliness, you can get a picture about it when you just look at the sreets of any Egyptian city. I didn't want to attack you but you asked for it.

Very quick response..... i am European Aaliyah, in fact i'm British. Did i say that what i posted was true? I said it made me laugh...... don't be so bleeding sensitive!!!!

Aaliyah
Member # 2861

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Nefertiti:
Very quick response..... i am European Aaliyah, in fact i'm British. Did i say that what i posted was true? I said it made me laugh...... don't be so bleeding sensitive!!!!

okay... sorry if I was harsh, but I'm really sensitive sometimes

Nefertiti
Member # 1628

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Aaliyah:
okay... sorry if I was harsh, but I'm really sensitive sometimes

Never mind Aaliyah, you don't need to apologise i didn't think you were being harsh. I just didn't see that it was worth you getting upset about

Anyway.... IT'S RAINING!!!!

Laura
Member # 879

Ayman,

As you were so quick to point out, this post was intended for "discussion". When I asked you to read an article I found, I was hoping we could "discuss" it. Sorry you were so disinterested.

I will leave the "tutoring" up to someone much more knowledgeable as yourself. YOU also would receive the bonus see how generous I am

Thank you also for laying down the rules as far as what can and CAN NOT be posted here. This was also much appreciated

Laura

ayman nassar
Member # 3044

Rate Member
Dear ladies and gentlemen accept my humble contribution , after two hours of thinking I was able to write down (briefly ) the Muslim belief in a form of a pray to god ,
For Laura and Zenya and other Muslims , you can try this prayer during the last ten days of Ramadan , may god lead us all to the right track

yours ,

Ayman

Dear God , help me to say the word of truth to the strong ones and not to lie to win the cheer of the weak ones

Dear god , if you give me money don’t take away my happiness

Dear god , if you give me power don’t take away my mind

Dear god , if you give me success don’t take away my modesty and if you give me modesty don’t take away my pride

Dear god , teach me how to love people like I love myself , to judge myself as much as I judge others , teach me that forgiveness is the highest level of power & revenge is the first symptom of weakness .

Dear god , don’t let me get flattered if I succeeded or to lose hope if I failed but remind me always that failure is one way to success

Dear god , if you give me poverty don’t take the hope out of my heart & if you give me failure leave me the strength to survive and succeed

Dear god , if you take my health , give me the bless of faith and strong belief

Dear god , if I hurt someone , give me the courage to apologize .
And if I got hurt , give me the bless of forgiveness

Dear god , if I forget you , pls don’t forget me from your patience

Please god ….

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is really beautiful!

quote:
Dear ladies and gentlemen accept my humble contribution , after two hours of thinking I was able to write down (briefly ) the Muslim belief in a form of a pray to god ,
For Laura and Zenya and other Muslims , you can try this prayer during the last ten days of Ramadan , may god lead us all to the right track

yours ,

Ayman

Dear God , help me to say the word of truth to the strong ones and not to lie to win the cheer of the weak ones

Dear god , if you give me money don’t take away my happiness

Dear god , if you give me power don’t take away my mind

Dear god , if you give me success don’t take away my modesty and if you give me modesty don’t take away my pride

Dear god , teach me how to love people like I love myself , to judge myself as much as I judge others , teach me that forgiveness is the highest level of power & revenge is the first symptom of weakness .

Dear god , don’t let me get flattered if I succeeded or to lose hope if I failed but remind me always that failure is one way to success

Dear god , if you give me poverty don’t take the hope out of my heart & if you give me failure leave me the strength to survive and succeed

Dear god , if you take my health , give me the bless of faith and strong belief

Dear god , if I hurt someone , give me the courage to apologize .
And if I got hurt , give me the bless of forgiveness

Dear god , if I forget you , pls don’t forget me from your patience

Please god ….

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Thank you Ayman for posting this and taking the time to make this list. I will print it out so I have it handy at all times.
I agree with Monica
Laura

homesick1
Member # 3092

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for homesick1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by homesick1 (edited 11 March 2004).]

Posts: 61 | From: ca | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com