EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » hii!! i want to talk about Metal Music in Egypt!! and every body likes metal send !!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: hii!! i want to talk about Metal Music in Egypt!! and every body likes metal send !!
metal_warrior81
Member # 3207

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for metal_warrior81     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hiii!! i love metal! and i wonder where it is in egypt!! i mean its place!! it is a gr8 type of music for sure!! and there is a lot of people here love it!! but i feel like the some people hate it!! may i know why!! thanx !! yours.., Adam
Posts: 6 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lizbeth
Member # 2796

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Lizbeth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egyptian Heavy Metal....? Almost sounds like a contradiction haha

Is it in Arabic?

I'm American and a lot of people don't like metal music. I would think that religious people in particular wouldn't like it since the subject matter can be very dark and disturbing from that view point. Plus some of it just sucks and will give you a headache. I personally recommend Linklin Park although that falls more int the rap metal genre.
If it is in Arabic...WOW, that gives me a headache just imagining it...haha

grew up on Metallica and Guns-n-Roses,
Lizbeth

[This message has been edited by Lizbeth (edited 03 December 2003).]

Posts: 50 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arx
Member # 1702

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for arx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, liz. those people suck.
METAL RULES!!!!!!!!
linkin park can be flushed down the toilet.
so can all those other mall metal bands. metal cannot be trendy. that is why a lot of it sucks. metal is more than just a religion, it's a way of life.... but only to the point that it assures you have a free mind. after that, it doesn't care who you are or what you believe in.

go out and buy:

slayer (#1). get them all! especially the early stuff.
black sabbath and most of the ozzy albums, especially any with randy rhodes.
the first 4 metallica albums and garage days as well.

now, that being said, metal music tends to be very dark. it chooses subject matter that others consider taboo or sacrosanct. it's also very "in your face". it is also some of the most talented music ever written by mankind. iron maiden, judas priest, led zepplin, rush, scorpions, anthrax, megadeth, testament, etc.

go get:
rush - hemispheres
iron maiden - number of the beast
van halen - 1
queensryche - empire
ac/dc - high voltage
pantera - cowboys from hell
anthrax - spreading the disease
danzig - 1
judas priest - sin after sin
blue oyster cult - fire of unknown origin
led zepplin - in through the out door

there are many more good ones, if you can sift your way through the bad ones. nothing like finding a pearl amongst a bed of oysters at your local music store.

now, generally, this could be considered "white people's music", but it has always appealed to me, even though i'm mixed and little darkie me tends to really stand out in a pale-faced, frenzied, murderous, blood flying everywhere metal crowd. as far as i know though, i haven't received any grief from other metalheads for my non-conformity. i'm sure the exact opposite has been said of hip-hop.

so enjoy!

[This message has been edited by arx (edited 04 December 2003).]

Posts: 148 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for msjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to all heavy metal fans: i found a smilie just for you

Posts: 661 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lizbeth
Member # 2796

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lizbeth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DUDE!!!!

LINKLIN PARK does not suck and is not a "mall band"...

I know that you can't have actually heard their music (except perhaps what was deemed acceptable to release). They have amazing and also quite dark lyrics. There are songs to which you can thrash to your hearts content. Now as far as all the old school stuff, well OK it has it's place...
like in the 70's and 80's ha ah ha....
it just is a little tired. Open your mind to modern and even post modern possibilities. You can't think that those now 50 and 60 year old relics had a corner on the market of what is as you say "in your face". I don't think you can judge a band on heroin consuption alone - hahaha
I amuse myself. Anyway don't get stuck in the past. Many of the young ones of today had their roots and inspiration in those you mentioned. Rebelious music is a cultural expression of those coming into society and realizing just how F*cked up it really is...
So it stands to reason that the youth of today have plenty to be pissed off about.
I don't think talent evaporated after the early 80's. But if you really want to keep spinnin' those old 45's and LP's then by all means to each his own. Just try not to be to crushed when they put Ozzy on MTV wearing Depends...hahahahahhahahahahahahah
Sorry Amusing myself again...

And for the record...
I love all that old stuff, but come on dont be such a puritan...

"I will choose a path that's clear...
I will choose free will..."

OMG I was in 7th grade when I bought this album... you see why I am afraid to get stuck in the past... all it does is date you!!! hahahaha

LIZBETH

Posts: 50 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metal_warrior81
Member # 3207

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for metal_warrior81     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanx for all of ur replies on my topic!!!
i agree with arx!! metal isn't just a music!! it is a way of life!! it is a way of thinking!! it can make u think all the way aroud in ur life!! it also make u powerfull!! it also helped me in a lot things!! belive me metal is a hole big life!! try to go thru it and u'll find!! yours..., M.W

Posts: 6 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
051R15
Member # 3349

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for 051R15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you are into metal and egytian history you should try Nile official website @ http://www.nile-catacombs.net/ they are death metal but they kick ass!!!!!!
Posts: 1 | From: dunfermline,fife,scotland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chitan_55
Member # 3565

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for chitan_55     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I think that metal music is the best way to talk about all the taboos.

listen to metallica (just the four first albums), slayer, iron maiden, black sabbath ... and you'll feel the power of music.
I'm from tunisia and I think that metal music must grow in our arabic countries. At least we'll be able to express freely our ideas.

Posts: 1 | From: Tunisia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TALL_PEINCESS
Member # 3691

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for TALL_PEINCESS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by metal_warrior81:
hiii!! i love metal! and i wonder where it is in egypt!! i mean its place!! it is a gr8 type of music for sure!! and there is a lot of people here love it!! but i feel like the some people hate it!! may i know why!! thanx !! yours.., Adam

hi there i know a band in egypt ok
and i have their pic actually i heard them once
if u wana know more about metal in egypt i can introduce u to them

Posts: 19 | From: cairo egypt | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nan
Member # 8895

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys,
Speaking of metal, there is a new Egyptian metal board for all the metalheads in Egypt...
http://bloodyzone.proboards61.com

Hope to see u there!!

Nan \m/ ^_^ \m/

Posts: 1 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nicole20
Member # 8703

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nicole20     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Hi there..
Sorry i have to agree Licoln park sucks..I love metal, but not the really heavy stuff...can you believe Diwan bookstore has a NIN cd for sale?? I was shocked
I like a few listed but my faves have to be

TOOL
NIN
The Tea Party
Terria- Devon Townsend..other stuff too heavy
A Perfect Circle
System of a Down

God i have been away from my music so long i have almost forgotten my fave bands...i would love to find a quality music scene in Egypt.

Posts: 48 | From: Cairo Egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Real life
Member # 7982

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Real life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the words of the immortal PileDriver - if you aint a metal head you might as well be dead

I'm a death/doom fan - my fave band is My Dying Bride and I enjoy a lot of scandanavian scene. I'd love to know more about Egy metal so will check out your links. I find this kind of music very empowering and thoughtful, dealing with very complex issues, and also being extremely richly textured music that fully engages the brain.

I did read somewhere ( a lot of metal fans in Egypt got arrested from their homes at night (mainly identified by their black tee-shirts - one of the t-shirts was a bugs bunny one apparently) and charged with satanism so maybe its kept a bit quiet there?
(I found it - http://www.guardian.co.uk/elsewhere/journalist/story/0,7792,968946,00.html#article_continue )

I also like other sorts of music too - some jazz, Bjork etc, some indie, and I've even got an oum kalthoum Cd.

Posts: 148 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nooralhaq
Member # 5823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nooralhaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by arx:
well, liz. those people suck.
METAL RULES!!!!!!!!
linkin park can be flushed down the toilet.
so can all those other mall metal bands. metal cannot be trendy. that is why a lot of it sucks. metal is more than just a religion, it's a way of life.... but only to the point that it assures you have a free mind. after that, it doesn't care who you are or what you believe in.

go out and buy:

slayer (#1). get them all! especially the early stuff.
black sabbath and most of the ozzy albums, especially any with randy rhodes.
the first 4 metallica albums and garage days as well.

now, that being said, metal music tends to be very dark. it chooses subject matter that others consider taboo or sacrosanct. it's also very "in your face". it is also some of the most talented music ever written by mankind. iron maiden, judas priest, led zepplin, rush, scorpions, anthrax, megadeth, testament, etc.

go get:
rush - hemispheres
iron maiden - number of the beast
van halen - 1
queensryche - empire
ac/dc - high voltage
pantera - cowboys from hell
anthrax - spreading the disease
danzig - 1
judas priest - sin after sin
blue oyster cult - fire of unknown origin
led zepplin - in through the out door

there are many more good ones, if you can sift your way through the bad ones. nothing like finding a pearl amongst a bed of oysters at your local music store.

now, generally, this could be considered "white people's music", but it has always appealed to me, even though i'm mixed and little darkie me tends to really stand out in a pale-faced, frenzied, murderous, blood flying everywhere metal crowd. as far as i know though, i haven't received any grief from other metalheads for my non-conformity. i'm sure the exact opposite has been said of hip-hop.

so enjoy!

[This message has been edited by arx (edited 04 December 2003).]

I personally think if you did not grow up with this stuff you are simply NOT going to like it.

Now we can progress to other things, Rage Against the Machine (if you like a faster tempo, harder beats and more aggressive lyrics, however; if you aren't political don't bother yourself you won't understand anyway). There used to be a great band some years ago called Stompbox I really liked them a lot but haven't heard anything in a while.

Danzig, well, it doesn't matter where or when you were born, if you understand them, you like them. If you see them, you're afraid of them. Something about that singer puts the fear of God into me.

I try to stay away from most harder groups that do tend to take the lower road (with respect to morals), but there is ONE that I have such a hard time with. I know these bands are NOT metal, but I do like them.
The one I cannot stay away from even though they are so anti-God is anything from TOOL.
Is it Satan persuading me?? Or is the incredible drum beats and truly unexplainable talents in the vocals?

As far as true Metal I agree you cannot leave out Pantera, whom everyone knows about ole' Vinney being gunned down (was it last year?) while he was onstage.

What happened to:

* Rigor Mortis
* Obituary
* Malevolent Creation (TRUE TALENT IN THIS FIELD)

and of course,
* ENTOMBED

I just don't know, but either way, I will admit only here, I own their CD's and keep them hidden lest anyone find me out...
shhh !!!

Take care,
Noor

[This message has been edited by nooralhaq (edited 09 September 2005).]

Posts: 1706 | From: Dallas, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nooralhaq
Member # 5823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nooralhaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nicole20:

Hi there..
Sorry i have to agree Licoln park sucks..I love metal, but not the really heavy stuff...can you believe Diwan bookstore has a NIN cd for sale?? I was shocked
I like a few listed but my faves have to be

TOOL
NIN
The Tea Party
Terria- Devon Townsend..other stuff too heavy
A Perfect Circle
System of a Down

God i have been away from my music so long i have almost forgotten my fave bands...i would love to find a quality music scene in Egypt.

SYSTEM OF A DOWN IS INCREDIBLE.

Posts: 1706 | From: Dallas, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nooralhaq
Member # 5823

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for nooralhaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would really like to hear some egyptian metal, how can I get my hands on some without having to navigate around a website?
anyone have any they email me?
Just so I can hear even for a minute or so, I'm quite curious.

Hassan.Reda
Member # 8633

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hassan.Reda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by metal_warrior81:
thanx for all of ur replies on my topic!!!
i agree with arx!! metal isn't just a music!! it is a way of life!! it is a way of thinking!! it can make u think all the way aroud in ur life!! it also make u powerfull!! it also helped me in a lot things!! belive me metal is a hole big life!! try to go thru it and u'll find!! yours..., M.W

before you go to sleep take very hot shower nand when you wake up you will be recovered
IF THIS HOW YOUNG PEOPLE THINK AND ACT THIS COUNTRY WILL DESTROYED
find your self life rather than metal music

Posts: 354 | From: cairo,cairo,egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sohyla
Member # 8287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sohyla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are there any Blind Guardian or Clutch fans out there? I usually don't admit it, but i am a metal head at heart I still haven't found any metal buddies here in Egypt.
Posts: 516 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by minry80:
I still haven't found any metal buddies here in Egypt.

Find them and they will call you Satanics and lock you up where the sun won't shine..

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com