EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Leaving Islam

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Leaving Islam
ahmedkhan
Member # 3577

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahmedkhan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I was born in a pakistani family in the UK. I was a major fundamentalist Muslim. I had absolute faith in Islam and i loved it very much. However after reading the koran a few times i started to wonder about some of the verses. There were things in the koran that were making me nervous, also the many stories about Mohammed were also cause for concern. The conquest and subjugation of the jews was rather disturbing, so to was the rape of many women. I didn't want to believe this and i started to say to myself that these stories are lies. However the thought of my faith was eating my mind, slowly, slowly i was being torn apart by this dilemma. I finally wrote down some of the problems I had with the koran and the story of mohammed. I went to mosque and asked the mulavi sahib about these issues i had with islam. He tried his best to explain but its like i knew that he wasn't going to be able to justify some of the atrocities committed by mohammed. However the part where he got stuck was the Aisha question. How can a man of more than 50 years old have sexual feelings for a girl of only 6! After he gave me a dissatisfactory answer i just went quiet and walked away. I was out the door and i looked back, He looked at me and he put his head down... i think he knew i wasn't going to come back. Since then i have been rather heart broken as i have lost my faith. Islam is a falsehood, a pure hoax. I felt that I might as well believe in santa claus or the boogie man! I wish i could believe again, but as a normal and respectable human being i cant believe in a man who is a pedophile! Simple as that. I cant comprehend the fact that a man of that age can fantasize about a 6 year old, and then have sex with her while she was still playing with her dolls! And why is it that a woman is lower than a man? is my mother lower than me? why is it that a muslim can have 4 wives? can a woman not have 4 husbands then? and why did mohammed have more than 4 wives? doesn't he believe in practice what you preach! Also how can i believe a man with such low moral character? how can i believe in a man who does things which i myself find abhorrent and disgusting, a man like him today instead of being in a mosque would actually be in prison and a 7 year jail sentence for rape, and child molestation. For the cultural reasons given for this act (by the so called scholars) of mohammeds marriage with a 6 year old are irrelevant! Now SANE man in any time or place would have sexual feelings for a baby! This is reason enough for denouncing islam. For this man is not from God. And islam is just the ramblings of some dillusioned Arab mad man. All this religion has done is cause pain and misery for the world. Especially India where the mass murder of hindus was unforgiveable. No country suffered more than Hindu India. As for other religions at least the so called enemies of islam such as Sikhism, hinduism and buddhism etc., dont have their religious leaders doing such disgusting things or being complete hypocrites! Im still a right wing, conservative but im not a sucker and i'm not gonna let this nut case ideology ruin my life anymore. Even Jesus wasn't anything like this fiend mohammed! I'm just glad i got out while i could, and i just hope that all the other muslims finally get their facts right and come to their senses. They should DUMP this evil satanic cult immediately, and do with the koran as is done with all other piles of useless TRASH! - commit it to the FLAMES! Any way, thank you for your time,
Posts: 1 | From: tek44851@hotmail.com | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shusha
Member # 3563

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shusha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
firstly can i just say that i dont believe one word of what u just said becuase for someone who claims that they were a "fanatic muslim" u sure do have a lot of mixed up ideas of the religion. I am not going to get into an argument with you about islam but it makes me wonder why we had to wait all these years since the begining of islam for u to point out all these interesting facts and the millions of scholors of islam were unable to see this hmmmm just how well have u done ur research. You say that in islam women are treated lesser then men....if you really did read the holy koran you would of picked up that in islam woman are given more rights and respect then in most other religions. why is it that i get the suspecting feeling that u also go by the alias Warrior of Christ hmmmmm anyone else pick up on these similarities. If you are so confident of your feeling towards islam why is it that you feel you must justify yourself to other members on the board here are you possibly looking for some backing from others here???
Posts: 32 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sallyally
Member # 3426

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sallyally     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also am not going to engage in this argument. I am, however, going to compliment ahmedkhan on demonstrating a level of ignorance and disrespect that I have not observed in many, many years.
Posts: 86 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
English Muslim
Member # 3511

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for English Muslim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AhmedKhan or John or Steve or whatever your real name is....What a load of foolishness. You think that anyone would believe that you would chose this forum to place your heart breaking story? All I can say is that whatever your motives then Allah has prepared a fire for the disbelievers and your are certainly from amongst them so just wait!

Sallyally is right about a new level of ignorance being reached! Oh by the way Sallyally, we may have exchanged views on another forum?

Jim!

Posts: 68 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sallyally
Member # 3426

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sallyally     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello English Muslim!

I thought it was you! How's your search for a place to live going? Sounds very complicated. So hard to know what's best when you're so far away and when you hear so many different opinions about everything. Good luck in your efforts.

Posts: 86 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Undead
Member # 3380

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People please ignore this, whoever has posted this has just cut and paste a 3 year old article about apostacy from another website. I read it long ago and instantly recognized it and checked it against my records and it is word for word the same. I do not believe that this has been posted by the true author. The same goes for WarriorofChrist. He has also simply cut and pasted from other websites, mainly fundamentalist Christian ones that belittle all other religions in an attempt to prove Christianity is The Truth. Both of these people, if they are not one and the same, are a complete waste of your time.
Posts: 238 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aishazahran
Member # 2559

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for aishazahran     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear friend,

I dont want to debate with you or argue with you because everyone is entitled to thier own beliefs and opinions, but I will respond in order to clarify that issue to all members out here.

Ok, I will use Bukhari's Hadith, translated into English by Dr. Muhammad Muhsin Khan, at the Islamic University in Medina.

Bukhari's Hadith is considered authentic by the majority of Sunni Islamic scholars. It is second to the Quran in terms of importance.

Here is the real story, Bukhari vol. 5, #234 says:

"Narrated Aisha: The prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six. We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Harith Kharzraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became all right, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage).

In any discussion on the age of Aisha (ra: may Allah be pleased with her) at the time of her marriage with the Holy Prophet Muhammad (may peace and the blessings of Allah be upon him), it is of the greatest relevance to note the pivotal role she played as a teacher, exponent and interpreter of the religion of Islam.

Aisha was an exceptionally intelligent and astute woman, a young prodigy, and this was the main reason why she was got married to the Holy Prophet, as is clearly proved by events after the Holy Prophet’s life. She entered his household, shortly after his emigration to Madina, just at the time when the teachings of Islam in all fields of life for the Muslim community were starting to be revealed to the Holy Prophet and demonstrated by him by his example and practice.

An intellectually gifted person was required who would have daily contact with the Holy Prophet at the closest and most personal level, so as to absorb the teachings that he was giving on all aspects of life by his words and actions. Such a person would need to possess the following qualities:

An excellent, precise memory to retain a vast amount of detail accurately,
the understanding to grasp the significance and the principles of the teachings,
powers of reasoning, criticism and deduction to resolve problems on the basis of those teachings, the skills to convey knowledge to a wide range of audience,
and, finally, have the prospect of living for a considerable period of time after the death of the Holy Prophet in order to spread his message to distant generations.

That Aisha possessed all these qualities and carried out this mission is an absolutely positive and undeniable, historical fact. After the Holy Prophet’s death, she acted as a teacher and interpreter of Islam, providing guidance to even the greatest of the male Companions of the Holy Prophet Muhammad.

They made a special point of going to her to gain knowledge and seek her opinion. A vast number of sayings and actions of the Holy Prophet are reported from her in books of Hadith. She not only quoted his sayings and reported her observations of events, but interpreted them to provide solutions to questions. Whenever necessary, she corrected the views of the greatest of the Companions of the Holy Prophet. She made rulings and judgments on which Islamic law is based.

The following are two examples of what the Holy Prophet’s male Companions said about her:

“Abu Musa said: Whenever there was any hadith that was difficult [to understand] for us, the Companions of the Messenger of Allah, and we asked Aisha we always found that she had knowledge about that hadith.”

“Musa ibn Talha said: I never saw anyone more eloquent than Aisha.”

Hope I explained something.

------------------
in love with Misr.
Aisha

Posts: 15 | From: Alexanderia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aishazahran
Member # 2559

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for aishazahran     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with U dear Undead,

But I wanted to explain to other members.

quote:
Originally posted by Undead:
People please ignore this, whoever has posted this has just cut and paste a 3 year old article about apostacy from another website. I read it long ago and instantly recognized it and checked it against my records and it is word for word the same. I do not believe that this has been posted by the true author. The same goes for WarriorofChrist. He has also simply cut and pasted from other websites, mainly fundamentalist Christian ones that belittle all other religions in an attempt to prove Christianity is The Truth. Both of these people, if they are not one and the same, are a complete waste of your time.

Posts: 15 | From: Alexanderia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
English Muslim
Member # 3511

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for English Muslim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aisha:
Jazkallahu kyran. Nice points for anyone that has any doubts or may have found some after reading that sad post!

Sallyally: things are going Ok...really looking forward to settling in Egypt..if only for a year!

Posts: 68 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sasy Cat
Member # 1250

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sasy Cat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since Egyptian marriage laws are subject to Islamic Family Law, and since the teachings of Islam have never been altered, does this mean that muslim parents (in muslim countries today) can authorize the marriage of their 6 year old children?
Posts: 49 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
English Muslim
Member # 3511

Rate Member
What's the issue behind the question?
egy_prince
Member # 2853

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for egy_prince     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know why Islam exactly is always a subject for attack ... Although Muslims respect and beleive in all the 3 religions!!

In general, I'm against religious debates here as some provokers intentionally post here to provoke muslims who have no idea about the science of debate and let them want to quarrel in order to defend their beliefs!
those ignorants who go to the sites and just copy and paste sentences against Islam must find somewhere else to play their silly games..
debates must be by men of religion and I attended a debate which made the atheist who attacked Islam, made him muslim! again with respect to all religions.

another thing.. most people in this site are from different religions and discuss alot of topics in a decent way and with the final aim of general benefit. I think these provokers have hidden aims behind their posts, so better ignore them as they don't deserve a single word to be written commenting on their nonsense

Posts: 471 | From: egypt | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egy_prince
Member # 2853

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egy_prince     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know why Islam exactly is always a subject for attack ... Although Muslims respect and beleive in all the 3 religions!!

In general, I'm against religious debates here as some provokers intentionally post here to provoke muslims who have no idea about the science of debate and let them want to quarrel in order to defend their beliefs!
those ignorants who go to the sites and just copy and paste sentences against Islam must find somewhere else to play their silly games..
debates must be by men of religion and I attended a debate which made the atheist who attacked Islam, made him muslim! again with respect to all religions.

another thing.. most people in this site are from different religions and discuss alot of topics in a decent way and with the final aim of general benefit. I think these provokers have hidden aims behind their posts, so better ignore them as they don't deserve a single word to be written commenting on their nonsense

N.B : By the way, a friend of me is working as an engineer in a limestone quarry, exploding limestone everyday, his assistants found a piece of rock after the explosion operation, this piece was found in the deeps of the quarry. It's a limestone rock with the name of MOHAMED in arabic on it.... the writing is an iron oxide - red writing ...no human writing and can't be deleted..
I have the pics of this rock , anyone interested in having a look contact me as I don't know how to insert the pic here!!

wm_2gether@hotmail.com

Posts: 471 | From: egypt | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Did you know that in some cultures, babies are promised to each other, by their parents?

What's the big deal about that? When the babies grow up they tell these stories to their children, and most of them don't end up marrying the 'promised' one anyway!

The topic is to show us all, the amazingly wonderful world of blind 'cut and paste'...

quote:
Originally posted by Sasy Cat:
Since Egyptian marriage laws are subject to Islamic Family Law, and since the teachings of Islam have never been altered, does this mean that muslim parents (in muslim countries today) can authorize the marriage of their 6 year old children?

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaguar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

^^^Since Egyptian marriage laws are subject to Islamic Family Law, and since the teachings of Islam have never been altered, does this mean that muslim parents (in muslim countries today) can authorize the marriage of their 6-year-old children?^^^
PETERKhan.. glad I put my feet up, you're full of it!!
Undead: I agree with you for the second time

Laws that are applicable to ordinary human beings cannot be applicable to Prophets. Moses did stab and kill an Egyptian man, simply because he had a rotten temper. Does that mean that killing in Judaism authorized? That should answer your question ref the Moslem parents.
To Mr. Paki: Prophet Mohamed, at the age of 23, married Khadija (whom was 25 years older than he was). They were married for 28 years until she died. He never had another wife all that time. However, it was common at that time for any man to marry as many women as one pleased. According to Mohamed Hosain Heikal: It is something to observe that Prophet Mohamed,(whom was married to 9 women) only had his children from only two women, Khadija and Maria (Egyptian Christian). Bearing in mind that Prophet Mohamed, being very human, could not curb the desire of having his own son. That goes to prove that he was not a sex maniac.

Posts: 477 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sasy Cat
Member # 1250

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sasy Cat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jaguar - "Laws that are applicable to ordinary human beings cannot be applicable to prophets". Thank you for explaining this - it has answered the question.

Monica - yes, I am aware that parents may promise their children at birth to another. However, I didn't think that the marriage contract was fulfilled until the child was recognized as of "legal age". However, I could very well be wrong (as it wouldn't be the first time).

Posts: 49 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaliyah
Member # 2861

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aaliyah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shusha:
firstly can i just say that i dont believe one word of what u just said becuase for someone who claims that they were a "fanatic muslim" u sure do have a lot of mixed up ideas of the religion.

Shusha, I'm not agreeing with all what he said, but why did you think he lied? I thought he was saying the truth 'til Undead told us it was a copy-paste. BTW I respect everyone who had the courage to leave a religion.

AhmedKhan (or Steve or John or whoever), welcome to the world of apostates

Posts: 164 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bent Masr
Member # 3429

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for Bent Masr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello
i agree with undead and egptlover islam is always a target of attack. i think that who ever pasted this fake artical is trying hard to change the way people think and believe in islam but you now what ahmed khan or what ever your name is you have to try a bite harder beacuse u havn't made me change my openion or believes on islam you did the oppesite unfortunatly to you. you made me ask alot of questions and become more closer to islam. members on this forum i am glad to tell you that a lot of people are starting to convert into islam i also have 3 english students who are orignaily christians have converted in my collage el hamdollah a month ago , also my english teacher converted into islam elhamdollah. i think that this person who ever pasted this article should be completly ignored because his not worth us replying and wasting our time on him. with all my respect to christianty i don't think that anyone who is christian would like us muslims saying or pasting articles of attack on christianty like what khan did. this is just my point of view and i hope that people here agree with me and also i would like to hear your point of views.

thank you

Bent Masr

Posts: 33 | From: london | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lisane
Member # 3410

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for lisane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by English Muslim:
AhmedKhan or John or Steve or whatever your real name is....What a load of foolishness. You think that anyone would believe that you would chose this forum to place your heart breaking story? All I can say is that whatever your motives then Allah has prepared a fire for the disbelievers and your are certainly from amongst them so just wait!

Sallyally is right about a new level of ignorance being reached! Oh by the way Sallyally, we may have exchanged views on another forum?

Jim!

delete

[This message has been edited by lisane (edited 10 July 2004).]

Posts: 32 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kay in love
Member # 3444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kay in love     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dear all

i have been reading this thread and so far have not felt moved to join in. when i read the first post i was unsure about how 'true' it was (still am) but really would like to know why theis person felt they had to share this story???????????????
the only conclusion that i can come to is that it is a attempt to pour scorn on something they dont understand (when people start using words like 'They should DUMP this evil satanic cult immediately, and do with the koran as is done with all other piles of useless TRASH! - commit it to the FLAMES!' this to me shows lack of respect and interlect)
i could give you as many 'questions' about the Christian faith and i am sure there are other points about other faiths that are hard to understand.
i wish from the bottom of my heart that all people could learn to let others live their lives as they want to.
i think it is wonderfull that we are all so different
i would just like to say how proud i am to have my name on this board amoung people who have responded to this post without the need to resort to name-calling or disrespect.
much love
kay X

Posts: 128 | From: uk | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shusha
Member # 3563

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shusha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi aaliyah
you asked me how i knew he was lying it is really quite simple, if he really was a fanatic muslim would he of really been taught as a student of the faith that our prophet (p.b.u.h) raped a 6 year old child or that woman are treated as lesser then men as a believer he would of been taught the beauty of islam and the way it teaches us to respect one another (even those that are not of this faith) basically for someone that was a fanatic he was really very ignorant about the true teachings of islam. I for myself as a muslim have never been told that prophet mohamed (pbuh) was a rapist or that i am of lesser value of a man i can honestly say that my father and mother treated me and my sisters equally if not better then my brothers and they are quite strong followers of the faith. Even having grown up outside of egypt, and although i am not the most knowledgable about the religion i do know enought to know that within reading the first few lines of the post that the person speaking was obviously not a follower and had never been. sorry for writing so much

Posts: 32 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com