EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Black americans

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Black americans
queenbenji
Member # 3605

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for queenbenji     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peace to all... I recently moved to Egypt from USA with my husband who is an Sudani...and I am having a tough time, because of the language gap mostly....I only have been able to speak with men, since they generally are the ones to speak english, but this is not good for a marriage....i.e. my husband says "NO" to men.... So I was wondering if there are any fun women around who like to discuss music, history, positive future produced by intelligence that can speak english, who would like to begin friendships...i.e...coming over for lunch, going out for tea, etc....?? I also wonder if there are any other Black Americans, in Egypt, who can relate?
Posts: 8 | From: Mohandeseen | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kay in love
Member # 3444

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for kay in love     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
where in egypt are you?
im not there often but hoping to be soon
love kay X

Posts: 128 | From: uk | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
queenbenji
Member # 3605

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for queenbenji     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Kay,
I am in Mohandeseen, Cairo. We just moved here from Agoza....that is a whole nother story! When might you come?

Posts: 8 | From: Mohandeseen | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kay in love
Member # 3444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kay in love     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am back in egypt in March but will be staying in Sharm mainly. hoping to have a couple of days in Cairo tho
when i know more i will let u know.
i am thinking about making the move perminant but am trying to be sensible and get to know the country better. i hope to spend the summer there - at least three months so it would be great to meet up with you and some of the others on the forum - i think we need to get debbie on the case - she seems to know all the best meeting places. so maybe gang we could arrange something over the summer????
what do you think
lots of love kay XX

Posts: 128 | From: uk | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slim
Member # 3622

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for slim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI,
I am a US highschool student. I live in chicago and was wondering could you help me with a project on the injustices going on in Egypt at this time. Have you experienced this? Are there any local newspapers I can look up? If you could help that would be really great. It's just me and another girl on this project and its hard to do without an inside source. I hope this finds you.
holla- NIKOLE

Posts: 8 | From: Chicago, IL, USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Undead
Member # 3380

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, I have just seen that you posted the same question on several threads. Nevermind.

Any particular reason you are looking for injustice? and any type in particular?

[This message has been edited by Undead (edited 19 February 2004).]

Posts: 238 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
queenbenji
Member # 3605

Rate Member
Hey Kay,
I think the idea of a party would be nice, espeically to kick the summer off. My husband and my birthday are 15 &18 of march and our anniversary is the 3rd, so we really do it up then, I think we will go to Sharmashek for 2 weeks. Anyway, it would be nice to link up. I thought I might tell you a bit about my intrests and convictions. I am crazy about history, kids and Africa (the whole continent!) and read read and read. I mainly like Reggae music and dancing is very natural to me.
I'm going to turn 29 as well as my husband, and we are just leaving here temporarily, until approximately september....
I am interested in world views and feel the world is everyones playground..... What about u?
QUEEN

kay in love
Member # 3444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kay in love     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi queen
i will be in sharm from the 21st of march, it would be great to meet you.
im interested in everything and anything, im studying fine art at uni in oxford uk. third year so very hectic! my feet dont seem to have touched for the last four years, i am a mature student so am busy having a second childhood (well late teens anyway!) i fell in love with egypt when my mum took students there when i was 11 and i was lucky enough to be taken along. i have been trying to visit again all my life and finaly made it last year - just cant wait to go back!
anyway if you are comming to sharm i will be there after the 21st so if you fancy lunch or coffee let me know where you will be it would be great to meet
much love kay X

extranjero1
Member # 3562

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for extranjero1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey how are thangs. Your Black American title just caught my eye. I am African American from Maryland just out here on Arabic study. What prompted you to come out here to Egypt? Talk to you later.
Posts: 3 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaliyah
Member # 2861

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aaliyah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well I don't know too many Egyptians but all the Egy girls I know speak English... how come you meet no one?
Posts: 164 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Dear queenbenji, usually with the US-Embassy in Cairo are black Americans employed.

But why don't you start a course of Arabic or any other interest of yours? Check out the American University, libraries, language institutes, galeries, museums etc.

You will find many interesting people - even females - who will match your interests and you will have great conversation about God and the world.

Good luck in making new friends! It is so easy in Egypt!!!!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
queenbenji
Member # 3605

Rate Member
Hey extranjero1,
Thanks for responding! I am living here for the moment with my husband, but I have been here before. How did you get involved with Arabic studies? Are you with a group of other B.A's? Anyway, it is nice to see a young man, taking a step on the road to the world, instead of just limiting yourself. That is so awesome. How is your experience? How long will you be here? Im thinking maybe to have a party.....

queenbenji
Member # 3605

Rate Member
Well, I live in Mohandeseen, and for some reason, my body language is more clear than my words here.... And now (since I was followed by a weird man, trying to whisper in my ear, and grab my arm) I dont really get out to much without my husband... Do you have any suggestions,Aaliyah, I've already explained my situation. But I am practicing my arabic...I suppose it is up to me to close the gap.

queenbenji
Member # 3605

Rate Member

Thanks Tigerlily, for your positive response. I wonder which area in the embassy your referring to...as when I went to the Embassy, all I saw where Egyptians....

queenbenji
Member # 3605

Rate Member
Kay Kay!

I look forward to meeting you in Sharm, and invite you to come to my house in Mohandeseen... can you email me? queenbenji@yahoo.com

queenbenji
Member # 3605

Rate Member
Thanks again Tirger, I want to make a correction, I went to the Consular, and saw no one like me...maybe I will check the embassy

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com