EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Married to a egyptian

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Married to a egyptian
wildcat411
Member # 3768

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for wildcat411     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My name is Crystal. About a year ago i met a egyptian in maryland that had been here for awhile with his brothers. We dated, and than got married. At first I thought its for the papers. but he never filed them. We have now been married for over 6 months and he still hasn't filed them. But every once in awhile he gets so mad about little things and says hes going to leave me. he did once for a day. but came home the next morning after work. (he works night work). I knew where he was the whole time because his brother kept calling me, because he said essam wanted to hear my voice. Its just that after all this time i know i love him with all my heart, and the reason he won't file the papers is because he didn't want me to think thats why he married me. So why does he get so mad about little things and leave, and than act like nothing happened a day later. and goes back to being very loving.
Posts: 1 | From: Baltimore, md 21224 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wildcat411,

If he makes his little tantrums once in a while to get your attention, like a little boy, and you walk right into the scenario and enjoy the game, go for it girl. You can also ignore that, and act as if nothing happened! Millions of Egyptians and other nationalities live that way, and life goes on. It's in your hands to accept and ignore, or reject and try to adjust the situation, with an open dialogue with compromises from both sides.

But just for the record, that is probably his style and he probably got away with it before, with mama, and then with all the other females. Regardless of filing the papers or whatever, these are signs of his personality.

Love between two people is a mutual feeling of respect, kindness, tenderness, affection, caring, sharing, romance, passion, loyalty, maturity, faithfulness, and mostly reciprocity. That is what YOU deserve. Let him know.

Personally, I don't appreciate very much that little number he pulled, of leaving home and coming back the next day, as if it is 'normal' to do so. That is not the Egyptian culture. That is his own.

What if you did that????

Best regards,
Monica
When we give our best, we deserve the best!

quote:
Originally posted by wildcat411:
My name is Crystal. About a year ago i met a egyptian in maryland that had been here for awhile with his brothers. We dated, and than got married. At first I thought its for the papers. but he never filed them. We have now been married for over 6 months and he still hasn't filed them. But every once in awhile he gets so mad about little things and says hes going to leave me. he did once for a day. but came home the next morning after work. (he works night work). I knew where he was the whole time because his brother kept calling me, because he said essam wanted to hear my voice. Its just that after all this time i know i love him with all my heart, and the reason he won't file the papers is because he didn't want me to think thats why he married me. So why does he get so mad about little things and leave, and than act like nothing happened a day later. and goes back to being very loving.

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 11 March 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homesick1
Member # 3092

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for homesick1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by homesick1 (edited 12 March 2004).]

Posts: 61 | From: ca | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
homesick1, what about the fact that the man leaves his wife and comes back the next day, as if nothing happened?

And, I know that it's not the Egyptian culture.

Picture this: everytime an Egyptian husband is stressed...he can just leave home for the night...ya salam!

Hotels would make a fortune!!!

quote:
Originally posted by homesick1:
It may be a bad habit like monica said "style" but there is a great possibility that he is uder great stress and not sharing his concerns with you, and every now and then just snaps on the little things.
Not to put all the burden on you , but try to get him to open up.

Explain to him that as husband and wife you share the good and the bad, and running away is not going to help solve any problems.If he needs time by himself, he should make that clear to you.

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 11 March 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't believe it is that easy with him ..... he might have problems with his marriage to wildcat411.

You both need to sit down together quietly, no arguments, no fuss, review the reasons why you got married, why you both love each other, what you expect from the other person etc., how both of you will handle certain situations ...... and you probably want to get advices also from a marriage councelor, don't feel ashamed to ask for help.

You need to make him to understand that his actions - like after an argument he stays out overnight - are hurtful to you.

This marriage is still very young ..... and has so much potencial.

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 11 March 2004).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homesick1
Member # 3092

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for homesick1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 61 | From: ca | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
delete

[This message has been edited by katrina (edited 23 May 2004).]

Posts: 995 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
delete

Posts: 995 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homesick1
Member # 3092

Rate Member

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
delete

Artemi
Member # 3176

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Artemi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I did not say that leaving home for a day or at all was responsible, doing that was FUCKING CHILDISH AT BEST.....HAPPY NOW

You seem to have made your point perfectly clear!

Posts: 103 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com