EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Buying in Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Buying in Egypt
Farhana
Member # 3795

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Farhana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone, Assalamu Alaikom

Well, i have read these posts with interest but would still like to ask if anyone has more information on Rehab City and how much it would cost to buy a small Villa there or possibly large apartment. I have tried calling the office of 'misrcities' several times and have had no luck!

Anybody live there or a similar city? Would love more information.
My husband and I would like to buy some property there soon.

Thank you, Ma'asalam

Posts: 606 | From: London, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there's a lot of these type of planned communities on the outskirts...gardenia, al-rehab, ashar...check out the "new homes" section of www.e-dar.com

Al-Rehab is listed under 'new cairo'

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rimo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Farhana:

Well, i have read these posts with interest but would still like to ask if anyone has more information on Rehab City and how much it would cost to buy a small Villa there or possibly large apartment. I have tried calling the office of 'misrcities' several times and have had no luck!

Thank you, Ma'asalam

El Rehab is really nice, only problem is that it's way out of the way of everything, can't live there if you're a city rat, you gotta have a car if u gonna live there, once you're outside El Rehab you're on the Ring road, can never hail a cab, still, there is the regular bus service there , run a pretty tight schedule I beleive.I've been there once, liked what I saw , swimming pools, tennis courts, social buildings, etc....
Gimme till the end of today I'll get you a phone number, I have it somewhere but I gotta run, late for work

Posts: 314 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roddy
Member # 3805

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for roddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
farana...we have recently bought an apt in luxor...freehold...or as they say ..forever.there are many pitfalls in buying in egypt.first and most inportant you must ensure that you own part of the land?so often guys build with no permission as is the case on west bank in luxor.recently they have bulldosed some lovely places...no warning..no compensation.another thing is lawyers....they will rip you off big time...we were quoted 500english pounds for our place in luxor/we paid someone else 60english pounds?so watch it my friend?contact me anytime on rodstarr@blueyonder.co.uk
quote:

Thank you, Ma'asalam

Posts: 120 | From: clevedon..uk | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what she's talking about are large-scale residential planned communities. it's more like buying a flat than building your own house on your own land. very different than what you're talking about in luxor.
Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vmallek
Member # 3728

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vmallek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi farhana, i live in rehab city , it is really nice and quiet city , the cost is around $170-200/m2
if you need more info email me at "vmallek@excite.com"

Posts: 16 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roddy
Member # 3805

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for roddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you my friend have got it wrong...if you buy property in egygpt you MUST own part of the land it is built on.that applys to an apt. or house whatsoever.we are right and its taken us a long time to get that point across roddy
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
what she's talking about are large-scale residential planned communities. it's more like buying a flat than building your own house on your own land. very different than what you're talking about in luxor.

Posts: 120 | From: clevedon..uk | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kenzie
Member # 3519

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenzie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Roddy

Did you buy a house or flat. Where is it.

Posts: 339 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roddy
Member # 3805

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for roddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi kenzie.yes we bought a flat in luxor and it is something i would not want to repeat.however we have made a super place....new ceramics...decorating etc.everthing took forever and it did my head in.if you need more info mail me at rodstarr@blueyonder.co.uk
quote:
Originally posted by Kenzie:
Hi Roddy

Did you buy a house or flat. Where is it.

EgyptSearch
Member # 3754

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EgyptSearch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Virtual Tour: http://www.geocities.com/EgyptSearch/
Posts: 19 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptSearch
Member # 3754

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EgyptSearch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.geocities.com/EgyptSearch/
Posts: 19 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DubaiDoctor
Member # 4045

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DubaiDoctor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by vmallek:
Hi farhana, i live in rehab city , it is really nice and quiet city , the cost is around $170-200/m2
if you need more info email me at "vmallek@excite.com"

Is there ADSL connection in Al-Rehab City. I am coming in late May and I might buy an Apartemnt.

Thnaks

Posts: 77 | From: Dubai UAE | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duncanjames
Member # 4119

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for duncanjames   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Thank you, Ma'asalam

I have a villa and an apartment in Al rehab,intersted to sell can be contacted on duncanjames7@aol.com

Posts: 1 | From: Cairo,Egypt | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vision
Member # 4281

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vision     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hellow,
I knew that the average to buy a villa at El Rehab is depends on the villa model, they have 4 villa models A, B, C and D. the price started from around 450K LE if you will buy from any direct owner, and you still have the option to buy from El Rehab direct and receive your house after 4 years. for the flat, it start from a50K LE. Regarding the renting price, it starts from 2000/month for an empty villa and from 600 LE for an empty flat.
Good luck
This service is provided from BluePoint for mens casual wear
Branches:
Nasr city : behind Tibba Mall
Mohandseen: 23 Shehab st,
Alex: City center - Alex

Thanx

quote:

Thank you, Ma'asalam

Posts: 3 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com