EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » western morals and arabic morals

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: western morals and arabic morals
blau_frau
Member # 3699

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for blau_frau     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think in Western countries we have:
1. rational morals and
2. christian morals
Arabic countries have.
3. tribal morals and
4. muslim morals
Putting by explanations about christian and muslim morals, I would like to explain the other two.
The tribal morals is such a kind of thuths, knowledge and rules to be followed without asking themself any question. Everytime somebody fault to follow these rules, is condamned from the society and tis persons have no opportunityes to come back, to be forgotten and so on..
Rational morals means that we do not accept everything is told without asking ourselves: why, how, there is another way.. and so on..
Lets talk about!

Posts: 83 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blau_frau
Member # 3699

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for blau_frau     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too much complicate this topics?
I really care a lot about this one!!!

Posts: 83 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karinfarid
Member # 3352

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karinfarid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you're not giving anybody a chance to post their reply with so many different topics and postings, it is not easy to keep up if one is not spending all day long online.

What is important to me will define my morals. Europeans can not be named as 'Christians' - just ask anybody you know if they can relate to this definition.

But Europeans, very many of them, have a very strong sense against injustice, they love cleanliness, are ambitious, hard-working, loyal and are mercyful towards the poor and animals, many Europeans do behave much more Islamic than many Muslims. (qualibuhum tajeb, abiat) and this is one of the reasons why Europeans are so popular in Egypt, I think.

Morals within Europe do differ from region to region, in Spain and Italy virginity is still an issue, Germany and Austria hold different morals on drugs than Holland, homosexuell marriage is a matter of different morals in different countries, and how many different morals are applied to issues as stem-cell science, abortion, euthanasie, cloning etc. Always in Europe it boils down to either 1) a christian stance, which is seen as backward, akward and unrealistic and 2) modern, liberal, realistic - there is nothing inbetween. example: If you're against abortion, than you'll be labelled a fundamentalist christian. So which side any normal thinking human being would like to be on?

In it's true form, Islam combines all morals, the christian values as much as the rational morals, if only the people knew.

Islam does not ask us to blindly accept everything, but to read, learn, study, compare to be convinced that one is on the right path.

salam, Karin

Posts: 295 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blau_frau
Member # 3699

Rate Member
Sorry Karin

I am atheist but my moral and you moral cannot be not-christians!!!
Sorry, your was a very big mistake!!!

blau_frau
Member # 3699

Rate Member
Sorry Karin

I am atheist but my moral and you moral cannot be not-christians!!!
Sorry, your was a very big mistake!!!

and in Spain and in Italy maybe non virginity could be an iussue.. not virginity...

karinfarid
Member # 3352

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karinfarid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, that's it for me, I'll not write to you anymore until you chill out, that is probably after your trip to Tibet.

peace, salam, Karin

Posts: 295 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blau_frau
Member # 3699

Rate Member
I feel I am not loosing to much from a persons who behaves-writes like that...
bye bye, karin

quote:
Originally posted by karinfarid:
ok, that's it for me, I'll not write to you anymore until you chill out, that is probably after your trip to Tibet.

peace, salam, Karin

blau_frau
Member # 3699

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by karinfarid:
I'll not write to you anymore until you chill out

peace, salam, Karin

again censura.. and words like "peace" should be handled with care from a so aggressive writer!!!

[This message has been edited by blau_frau (edited 18 March 2004).]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com