EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Rather too much tolerant (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Rather too much tolerant
EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EgyptianDoc77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
salam all;

Well well, i see much of u lately expressing much of objection and offense towards many things in egypt. ok thats true and good that u came to know that..
If ur participation is for the better and for the better of egypt ur welcome too, coz its simply a free forum for all opinions but if being too much tolerant upon egypt and certainly not interested in then----> simply ur not forced to stay in here or to pay a visit into here..Problems in egypt exist and much and not all egyptians are happy with it; but certainly it wont take simply months or years to get them off...believe me ur not forced to and we'r not in much welcome for haters still..

if ur concerned about our Egypt then ur welcome and hopefully ur posts will be much more sensible

------------------
Dr.M.Lotfy
Resident Doctor of Dermatology & Andrology

Posts: 689 | From: Miami Beach, FL | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nesrine
Member # 3861

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Nesrine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by EgyptianDoc77:
[B]salam all;

yeslam fomak, wallahi masr ome el donia we fe3lan lazem wa2fa ma3a kol el nas dol..momken el email beta3ak law sama7t..

ta7ya masr 3alatol beraghm anf ay 3azol

Posts: 47 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egy_prince
Member # 2853

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egy_prince     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aywa ya amm .. ya bakhtak ..akhh bas law makontesh makhtoob ...asdy khateb maa eni kan nefsi akoon doctor bas kol ekhwaty telaoo dakatra ela ana..ah ya zaman...hozoooz
Posts: 471 | From: egypt | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EgyptianDoc77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by egy_prince:
Aywa ya amm .. ya bakhtak ..akhh bas law makontesh makhtoob ...asdy khateb maa eni kan nefsi akoon doctor bas kol ekhwaty telaoo dakatra ela ana..ah ya zaman...hozoooz

hi

ya basha dah enta 3amenna kolenna, rabenna yewafa2ak ya rab

wallahi 7aram elly beyet2al 3ala masr, homma 3ayzeen eh bezzabt ana mesh fahem..
barak allah fik we ya basha teslam 3enek

------------------
Dr.M.Lotfy

Posts: 689 | From: Miami Beach, FL | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Masreya_awy
Member # 3866

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Masreya_awy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salam to All,

Yes Doctor you are definitely right...whomever is disgusted, upset, annoyed with the annoyances, disturbed with the disturbances of Egypt, should stay wherever he/she is. You have my full support!
7aga teganen wallahy!

And this is MONICA by the way signing in from Malta...could not get my password to work from here for some bizzarre reason...... had to change the Id etc...
Take care everyone!
Monica

quote:
Originally posted by EgyptianDoc77:
salam all;

Well well, i see much of u lately expressing much of objection and offense towards many things in egypt. ok thats true and good that u came to know that..
If ur participation is for the better and for the better of egypt ur welcome too, coz its simply a free forum for all opinions but if being too much tolerant upon egypt and certainly not interested in then----> simply ur not forced to stay in here or to pay a visit into here..Problems in egypt exist and much and not all egyptians are happy with it; but certainly it wont take simply months or years to get them off...believe me ur not forced to and we'r not in much welcome for haters still..

if ur concerned about our Egypt then ur welcome and hopefully ur posts will be much more sensible

Posts: 45 | From: Cairo Egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Surviver
Member # 3673

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Surviver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since this forum mainly tackles issues related to Egypt, it's not weird to see postings about problems or bad experiences in Egypt.any sensible individual is aware of the fact that problems exist everywhere so there's absolutely no need to feel ashamed of the fact that there're some problems in Egypt that should be addressed,defining these problems and debating them is the first step in such a lenghthy process. However criticism doesn't mean offending others or insulting other cultures .when some post their views reflecting shortcomings -in their opinions- of Egyptian life; that doesn't mean Egypt is a bad place to visit or even to live in coz there 're always two sides of the coin.
if the site 'd be dedicated to commending everything about Egypt,it'd be so boring, guess i'd better watch state TV Channel 1 instead.

Posts: 40 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

hi surviver

we are always very tolerant taccepting debate and to criticise but not sensless debates and conflictions of ideas from same person even making nonsense, yes true everywhere there are problems, but whoever find the problems crippling to the limit it takes him to state all his statements with much hate and disrespect to a civilisation, then simply stay away where he/she is..Besides there is always a way of showing objection and respect to others feelings, we opened up all subjects , we debate it with full free potential, but with respect..Freedom of point of view doesnt mean there is no limits to the way u express.. as much as we having problems in egypt as much as we r taught and brought up civilised to criticise with respect and we r a much honourable civilisation and culture and we shall not accept insults but we accept logical criticism with RESPECT

thanks friend

------------------
Dr.M.Lotfy

Surviver
Member # 3673

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Surviver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Apparently you're talking about a particular person whom i'm not aware of whose postings you consider offending, i was just stating a genral view.as i said before despited accepting criticism and unfavourable views sometimes,a sensible person wouldn't offend others' cultures or way of living.
Salam

Posts: 40 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katiapolska
Member # 3824

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for Katiapolska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

why are you angry sweet egyptiandoc77??? why the problem happen that make you mad??
and why the phone off??

For people who make you angry i say EgyptianDoc77 is a gentleman young sweet egyptian doctor and he give me a VIP welcome in he and him dad clinic. him dad is very gentle also

why the problem? are you mad from who?

Posts: 61 | From: Polish and live in egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freeforever
Member # 3748

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for freeforever     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I perfectly agree with Egydoc, even talking about the issues that Egypt can have we don't have to miss respect for the country and the honest people living there... because we are talking about people who are waking up in the morning and are going work just like me and have feelings just like me...
I know that many bad people are in Egypt and don't want to talk about the same men working in touristic place... but there are also good people who love, work and eat at the same way as me...
So, if we are talking about someone who want just to attack and criticize.... don't listened to her... and we know who we are talking about!!!!

Posts: 11 | From: Italy | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

What's all the fuss about ....... and I thought this is an open forum where everyone is entitled to his/her own opinions.......

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 23 March 2004).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MotherEgypt
Member # 3700

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MotherEgypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tell me facts and understand them ,be positive facing them ,,,i will agree and respect you .
tell me facts or a sort of facts and you keep telling over and over again and then you can not handle them or live with them ,,all you can do is complaining all of the time ,,,,you are a grat losser and we can not welcome any more losers because the matter fact we are trying to get over our peoblems here ,,so do not cause us one more
ok,,,then
joe is leaving now

Posts: 565 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rimo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Surviver:

Apparently you're talking about a particular person whom i'm not aware of whose postings you consider offending
Salam

Probably not me, I only talk about Gel Blush

Posts: 314 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sophia
Member # 3820

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sophia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Freedom of point of view doesnt mean there is no limits to the way u express..

i agree with egyptiandoc77 and this is free opinion of topics but no hate and bad attitudes and insult

freeforever " don't listened to her... and we know who we are talking about!!!!"

who is she?

Posts: 21 | From: Europe | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rimo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Isabelle:
Freedom of point of view doesnt mean there is no limits to the way u express..

i agree with egyptiandoc77 and this is free opinion of topics but no hate and bad attitudes and insult

freeforever " don't listened to her... and we know who we are talking about!!!!"

who is she?

Indeed who is she?

Posts: 314 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

She is SONOMOD.....

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freeforever
Member # 3748

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for freeforever     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And not only..... think to blau_frau for example...

Posts: 11 | From: Italy | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
I don't think you can compare them both .....

Blau_Frau was just really angry after the splitup with her Egy boyfriend ...... she will get over it and calm down.

Sonomod's statements regarding Egypt, its culture etc. are way more tougher since she's married to an Egyptian ...... no respect for his country. She is going to have a hell of a time while living in Egypt. Maybe this forum will help her open her eyes and get somehow a different attitude.

But then again, it is her own opinion. And I wish her and her family all the best.

blondy25
Member # 3849

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for blondy25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

its true some people are really much abusive inside the forum and you mentioned some examples but not all. it is still good to learn of how people think

i hope people will be more open with respect and not in such way, i hate many posts

EgyptianDoc77 , thanks for the post and hope some people will learn

Posts: 50 | From: Denamrk | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carina
Member # 3843

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for carina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

i hate bad people

Posts: 62 | From: Sweden | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member

..... everyone please just ignore the above posting .......

Its just someone full of hate and has nothing good to share with others in his own life .........

homesick2
Member # 3093

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for homesick2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:

What's all the fuss about ....... and I thought this is an open forum where everyone is entitled to his/her own opinions.......

Yes...what's all the FUSS about?
I don't like to see egypt being unjustly criticised but it always opens up new discussions and opinions .

What about all those who love egypt, and do nothing fo egypt are they better than those who dislike egypt?

Posts: 220 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by homesick2:

Yes...what's all the FUSS about?
I don't like to see egypt being unjustly criticised but it always opens up new discussions and opinions .

What about all those who love egypt, and do nothing fo egypt are they better than those who dislike egypt?

Who wants to participate in discussions with a psycho like Gossip?

Well, people who like or love Egypt are definitely presenting another and much nicer picture of the country and also they are likely to return to spend some even better time (and money) there.

Lukoshko
Member # 3626

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lukoshko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by gossip:
:-)

Be careful. So much hatred can do u harm.

[This message has been edited by shumza (edited 24 March 2004).]

Posts: 287 | From: Moscow Russia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lukoshko
Member # 3626

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lukoshko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Well, people who like or love Egypt are definitely presenting another and much nicer picture of the country

I think the balance is better. Egyption guys say good things about Egypt, some foreign girls - various things (LOL). And in a such way we have a balance. lol

The truth is over there (X-files)lol

Posts: 287 | From: Moscow Russia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by katrina (edited 30 May 2004).]

Posts: 995 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Much like what I had observed of certain individuals in Misr.

Narcism. If it doesn't affect you don't worry about it. Right?

Much like the wealthy of the US who don't want social services to be funded, or sanitation improved in communities hundred of miles away.

Most people in America are not rich or middle class and have the ability to represent themselves but won't.

Much the same in Egypt except the fact that the vast majority don't have any representation.

So Dermo Doc, how fiting. Misr is perfect for you so other people's problems don't matter.

I vigilantly attack sedentary values of the draining social capital of my community. I write letters, make phone calls, sign peitions and read many local newspapers. When we get survey's in the mail from our legislators I fill them out.

This is not a process in Misr. Socail Capital is gossip or Egyptians. I believe that the political machine works for the common American. I have volunteered for years teaching ESL (English as a Second Language) done phones for Public television pledge drives. Given food and school supplies for charity. Yet, I am exceedingly poor.

Common Lathargy of the top 10% in Misr that happen to have access to the internet compared to the 85% of Americans who log on to the internet every week.

Isn't it great being the top 10%? How strange how the bad things don't happen to you.

You must live in a beautiful world.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
Much like what I had observed of certain individuals in Misr.

Narcism. If it doesn't affect you don't worry about it. Right?

Much like the wealthy of the US who don't want social services to be funded, or sanitation improved in communities hundred of miles away.

Most people in America are not rich or middle class and have the ability to represent themselves but won't.

Much the same in Egypt except the fact that the vast majority don't have any representation.

So Dermo Doc, how fiting. Misr is perfect for you so other people's problems don't matter.

I vigilantly attack sedentary values of the draining social capital of my community. I write letters, make phone calls, sign peitions and read many local newspapers. When we get survey's in the mail from our legislators I fill them out.

This is not a process in Misr. Socail Capital is gossip or Egyptians. I believe that the political machine works for the common American. I have volunteered for years teaching ESL (English as a Second Language) done phones for Public television pledge drives. Given food and school supplies for charity. Yet, I am exceedingly poor.

Common Lathargy of the top 10% in Misr that happen to have access to the internet compared to the 85% of Americans who log on to the internet every week.

Isn't it great being the top 10%? How strange how the bad things don't happen to you.

You must live in a beautiful world.

hi sonomod
dont u think its much fast enough to judge someone being narcistic?? u think iam, thats not even a bit true. iam a real MUSLIM; not a narcist, and when i tell u iam a real muslim, u should bear in mind how islam calls upon social and civil support and i dont have to tell u what i do for the public , coz only allah is the witness and is the one whome i seek his praise. Besides who told u that problems doesnt concern me??? then when i posted the message in here i didnt rather menton a name of somebody but here u take it personal coz u know u were much full of anger and hate..
if u really care about all those sweet aspects of life u talk about, then care not to hurt people with much offensive states too coz u should know that allah is witness even inside the forum and for any hurt u incur to someone u would rather be sinful. and glad that u see allah in ur daily life, and if u live with this in heart be sure life would turn bright.

if u call my life beautiful, living split from peoples problem and concerned about myself , ur absolutely wrong , and if my life is much beautiful like u say, its a good life above all coz iam satisfied with what i have, and coz of somewhat i worked hard for achieving part of it so far and inshallah rest to come. U should have faith above all that allah destined everyone someway of life and has its own beauty and u can feel that if u have faith but u shouldnt forget that what u have doesnt belong to u but belong to allah and ur a guard upon it, and therefore u should try to utilise it in the best way and i believe that i do this alhamdulilah and allah is my witness..

life without suffering is no life, but that shouldnt build up barriers of hate or envy or misjudgment towards other people. what if u suffered???dont u know that for every sufferance u have allah is a witness and certainly will recompensate u hopefulliy in life and if not in after life, so u should be happy and not much full of revenge for a part dark life..

and iam no narcistic person again and if those words help u to be more relaxed, i dont mind accepting them just to relax u , but iam not

iam part of the people and they are a part of me and i suffer like they all do suffer and share their problems coz certainly iam not that into the beautiful life u talk about in ur sense, but the beauty of my life lies within my heart and my faith and my satisfaction alhamdulilah but which is coupled with more hope and consistency to be better inshallah

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sonomod:

. Socail Capital is gossip <-------

uffffffffff, i hate gossip , have u read his posts

be safe

------------------
Dr.M.Lotfy

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EgyptDoc77 I am refering to the insinuation that from what I have witnessed in my opinion in a sense of apathy of the bourgeise in Egypt. Misr governments stats for basic living index is the complete opposite of what the world bank, UNESCO have stated.

There is a sense of "if I don't believe it, it must not be real".

Like here in Minnesota, the clean water act proposed by the G16 that governor Pawlenty created to form a proposal to find a solution and a funding answer without raising taxes. Not going to work, he puts it off saying the g16 is not creating a plan according to his instructions. It is ludicrist. Its like saying my lawn is green so everyone's lawn is green because when I look at my own lawn that's all that matters.

A resounding sense of apathy is taking over the world.

I know that funding has been cut from Egypt due to our own budget problems. the second delta is being funded almost entirely by egypt and it cannot afford it, so the voiceless are the ones who go without. this is not in the Egyptian media or ours. I am getthing this info from Egyptian civil employees themselves and they are completely dismayed by the fact the people who have a voice (like people with knowledge of and access to in the internet) are completely compliant.

If I wasn't yaking with you about this EgypDoc77 and with a neighbor of mine in Shebin I wouldn't have to state of the obvious.

I hope that Gamal Mubarak with do the right thing, either let democracy take a turn and have a competent opposition candidate or take the countries future in his hand and practice some of that Nassarian socialist practices and make sure everyone has their basic needs taken care of, so every Misr can build a better Misr together with equal representation.

Sorry to go welstone on you.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

dear sonomod

i really didnt mean any insult to u and u see in my post i didnt mention any name of urs or of anyone else, i was replying to u the person coz i dont know who u r, but i was replying to a couple of phrases which drove me on fire a bit

besides who told u the whole governmental system is right? and those nasserian concepts also took much of egypt's wealth and democracy rather than give egypt. We all hope to prosper but theer are far many problems

anyway dont be upset and if u think iam bad enough and cruel enough, i still dont mind if that will take out some of ur anger, but anyway try to cheer up a little bit coz there is so much good in life and plz have faith and iam at least happy u feel god is with u

be safe plz

------------------
Dr.M.Lotfy

EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

dear sonomod

u know also iam not a perfect perso nand no one is , but again i wasnt offending u the person, coz u showed some good also and may be ur a bit impulsive but i cant judge u nor can u judge me really..

sonomod why dont u first of all come overhere for a couple of months on ur own before deciding upon the move, u need to see many things and check upon many things and decided if thats suiting..

but for a fact iam not really a narcist
lets open up a peaceful debate page then and dont be upset
smile now plz when u read this

god bless u

------------------
Dr.M.Lotfy

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
I just get so darn mad.

My in-laws are all civil servents, and when me, my sister-in-law who makes me angrier than heck, and my father-in-law went clothes shoppin in Cairo (it sounds self serving, but I haven't had new clothes in 2 years) I saw alot of what we don't see in Minnesota (Minnesota has the second to fourth highest living index) and the water works started.

My sister-in-law had a horrible attitude and said "they make more a day in begging than I do in my shop in a week". It broke my heart. My father-in-law sent her to do something and sat me and him down in "Ramsy's square" near the statue of Ibraham Pasha. And older chap sat down next to us and started talking to dad. The chap said his son lives in New Jersey with his American wife and she has come to see them many times and they love her so much. He tried to tell me this in english and did a pretty good job. Dad just looked at me with loving eyes knowing that between the culture shock, ecoli and leaving my daughter I was in alot of pain.

The old chap knew too, and said "Jesus loves you and the Prophet does too."

My can't my sister-in-law totally english capable say something sweet?

I am dying inside.

At night I dream of my monster baby and the old man in Ramsey square says I am alright.

EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

[B]I just get so darn mad.

just take a deep breath and pray things shall be better. sometimes ur just humble, feel helpless and all u can do i pray so plz do and know that as much as good ur intentions are, as much as u will be given inshallah

by the way why are u still up ?? i believe its still night overthere.

be safe sonomod

------------------
Dr.M.Lotfy

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you know, i'm really begining to suspect you're making a lot of this stuff up just to see people's reactions. "monster baby"?

i don't know any mother who would ever say such a thing about her own flesh.

lady, either take some medicine or stop making up stuff in your posts.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nesrine
Member # 3861

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nesrine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
you know, i'm really begining to suspect you're making a lot of this stuff up just to see people's reactions. "monster baby"?

she is a psycho, all said about her is true. she have problem with her brain. she insult and act mad

Posts: 47 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Masreya_awy
Member # 3866

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Masreya_awy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey kat, I have no laptop this time around and checking my emails once every 2, 3 days ...
What is going on here?...heating up and so confusing...

Sonomod...wooooow...I am spleechless: monster baby???

I hope you find your inner peace!
Monica

quote:
Originally posted by katrina:
MONICA!!!!!!!!!!!! HELLO!!!!!! HOw are you over there? Are you coming to ES land undercover? hehehe
Happy to hear from you! As you can see things are heating up in the ES land... Officer KAT

[This message has been edited by katrina (edited 23 March 2004).]

Posts: 45 | From: Cairo Egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nesrine
Member # 3861

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nesrine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Masreya_awy:
Hey kat, I have no laptop this time around and checking my emails once every 2, 3 days ...
What is going on here?...heating up and so confusing...

Sonomod...wooooow...I am spleechless: monster baby???

I hope you find your inner peace!
Monica

hi monica
i say in the other thread that she is intelligent, she try to ask for help and be broken after you and egyptiandoc77 catched her. whay people not be good from the start??
7aga to7'no2

Masreya_awy
Member # 3866

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Masreya_awy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nesrine hello...3ala fekra ana erreft men el posts eli tal3een el ayam deeh...
Eli yeswah welli mayeswash nazleen bahdala fi masr ...It is very aggrevating!

Take care of yourself...
Monica

quote:
Originally posted by Nesrine:
hi monica
i say in the other thread that she is intelligent, she try to ask for help and be broken after you and egyptiandoc77 catched her. whay people not be good from the start??
7aga to7'no2

Nesrine
Member # 3861

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Masreya_awy:
Nesrine hello...3ala fekra ana erreft men el posts eli tal3een el ayam deeh...
Eli yeswah welli mayeswash nazleen bahdala fi masr ...It is very aggrevating!

Take care of yourself...
Monica

hi habibti

beggad fih nas motha we esmaha masr aw ay 7aga masreya, rabenna yebarek fi masr

take care you also monica

MotherEgypt
Member # 3700

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MotherEgypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
joe said
the most dangerous person on earth is the one that has a corrupted mind .
joe is leaving now

Posts: 565 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimo_the_maniac
Member # 1761

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimo_the_maniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egydoc, I used to post here a long long time ago but I stopped because it just seems useless. Everyone seems to have a personal vendetta against Egypt and if you as much as protest and say their allegations are not true they call you defensive. So you're fucked if you do fucked if you don't. I advice you to just let them yap on.
For everyone moaning about freedom of opinion and what's the fuss about, well here's what the fuss is about:
1-Hearing the story of one multi-millenial western mummy who tells the sad story of how her 20 year Egy boyfriend (gasp) didn't really love her is okay. Hearing two such stories is okay. Hearing a dozen is bearable. But once you hit 100 it starts to tick you off. Next time ladies take a cold shower and take note of how many Egyptian men are NOT interested in you.
2-If you say "there are too many street children in Egypt, how do you think everyone can help?" then this is constructive criticism. If you keep saying "All Egyptian men are gay, all Egyptians have inferior minds, all Egyptians have no sense of debate, we ought to invade them and teach them all about beautiful democracy". Then you just are spewing BS in gallons.

ES used to be okay before the invasion of the afrocentrists and the western hornies but now its just a bit frustrating. Actually all the bunch of forums (haven't visited them regularly but I can extrapolate) are starting to become dull, purposeless, political, and uninformative.

el-kholasa ya gama3a, ensoo dy 3alam fadya.

Posts: 850 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by EgyptianDoc77:
[B]I just get so darn mad.

just take a deep breath and pray things shall be better. sometimes ur just humble, feel helpless and all u can do i pray so plz do and know that as much as good ur intentions are, as much as u will be given inshallah

by the way why are u still up ?? i believe its still night overthere.

be safe sonomod

Yes, I am still up class at 9am and it just finished. I got 2 and half hours due to a major sinus head ache.

I was lucky that my sweet younger brother in law is a doc and sent so many medications over with us. So I have been on Septazole and 1600 to 3100 mgs of ibprofen for the last month.

Plus the apartment is a loud and disruptive as it can get for what used to be a good neighborhood.

As for safe I am a woman in a gay neighborhood so I am safe, and neighbors check in with me to see if I am alright. They clearly knows what going on.

I have a storage area in the basement and I have taken an abandoned desk and put it in there so I can get away from him during his rages. The storage area is in a locked room with the tools for maintanence.

He doesn't have the key.

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:

We call her monster baby because she is so strong and is as tall as her 3 yrs old cousin. He has a tendancy to be playing in a delightful and gentle fashion then she will slap your face with an open hand. You never know when its coming.

Besides the first book I bought her was "Where the Wild Things Are". An American classic. I can see Maria as Max, sailing across the sea to become the leader of the 'wild things'. I am sure that this book is offensive to people untill they actually read it.

Besides the first dream I had of her when I came back is that she was in Godzilla form and pounding down the Middle of Cairo near the Egypt Museum and she is destroying the buildings. The Cairnies look to her the way the Japanese look to Godzilla. I thought of taking some of her walking trial photos and making it into a character agent and program her personal website into to react my dream of her. She has my and my husbands personal strength and boyancy.

As for making up stuff, I am sorry you cannot see your own ethnicity as being capable of doing such deeds. Probably why Egypt is just getting its first women's shelter. What doesn't happen to you isn't there, and my kind isn't capable of the human faults of the west.

My mother was much like my husband. I lived through her. I guess it is an example of what they consider a syndrome. When the child's parent is abusive they end up trying to find a spouse to continue the abuse. I thought I was all over that. My husbands family knows about my husband violent temper but told me of a particular social norm, "marriage is like a coffin". Here in the US we don't quite see things that way. "I man is not going to be sucessful unless he has a good wife." That comment was dished to me by my husband's business partner after he withdrew all his investment and extra some without telling us. Like the joke is on me.

Women obviously do solely hold the weight of responsibility in Egypt. I wasn't raised like that, personal genderless responsibility. You don't have to be a product of your environment. Even though I would like that to be true I am still tethered to my rearing.

I want to make a point here. Anyone seen the movie "Vanilla, Sky, Cap". Anyone notice the villian of the film is 'Jackie' the American. It is so obvious that the actress playing 'Jackie' is not an American. No self-respecting American woman would stoop that low.

I wonder how many of the members of ES are single Arab women.

NOxReducer
Member # 3836

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for NOxReducer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There arent any characters in Vanilla Sky that go by 'Jackie', there's a Julia and she's the American that you might be referring too.
As for your dream, fancy a Godzilla sized child demolishing midan el tahrir, I wonder if this means something...does it mean anything to you sonomod?....might have something to do with your abhorrence of Egypt and it's male population....

Posts: 185 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by NOxReducer:
There arent any characters in Vanilla Sky that go by 'Jackie', there's a Julia and she's the American that you might be referring too.
As for your dream, fancy a Godzilla sized child demolishing midan el tahrir, I wonder if this means something...does it mean anything to you sonomod?....might have something to do with your abhorrence of Egypt and it's male population....

Wait a minute. I don't exactly abhorrence of the men its more the women. Besides I didn't quite have the energy to respond to many of the rude and sadistic comments over there. I was sick and didn't eat for 4 days, lost 20lbs.

Have you ever noticed that an Egyptian conversation is 4-10 people talking at once. At least with my in-laws. I was raised that if you don't speak out of turn, meaning you must be invited to speak and only one person at a time with a pause between conversational bits. This is not how I can communicate. It was all a blur.

So I didn't have the ability to respond to much of what was said. Besides I was despondant. I was in pain physically and emotionally. My sweet mother-in-law would slap her face and wring her hands she was so worried about me. My father-in-law would send my sister-in-law out for an errand if he noticed she was on a binge.

The older people protected me so much.

NOxReducer
Member # 3836

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for NOxReducer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Madam,
I was only stating what I can draw out as a general 'theme' to your posts here.
I'm sorry I dont see your analogy with the Egyptian conversation, are you saying the posts here are like your so-called Egyptian conversation? I would have to disagree with that, if it is indeed what you think...

quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
Wait a minute. I don't exactly abhorrence of the men its more the women. Besides I didn't quite have the energy to respond to many of the rude and sadistic comments over there. I was sick and didn't eat for 4 days, lost 20lbs.

Have you ever noticed that an Egyptian conversation is 4-10 people talking at once. At least with my in-laws. I was raised that if you don't speak out of turn, meaning you must be invited to speak and only one person at a time with a pause between conversational bits. This is not how I can communicate. It was all a blur.

So I didn't have the ability to respond to much of what was said. Besides I was despondant. I was in pain physically and emotionally. My sweet mother-in-law would slap her face and wring her hands she was so worried about me. My father-in-law would send my sister-in-law out for an errand if he noticed she was on a binge.

The older people protected me so much.

Posts: 185 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by NOxReducer:
Madam,
I was only stating what I can draw out as a general 'theme' to your posts here.
I'm sorry I dont see your analogy with the Egyptian conversation, are you saying the posts here are like your so-called Egyptian conversation? I would have to disagree with that, if it is indeed what you think...

Meaning I really couldn't get a word in and often my words were not being properly translated. Hours later my father and mother would ask my husband's best friend and youngest son what actually happened.

My mother would cry and go sit down next to me and cry and apologize and say good words, hold me tight.

My father would have a sour face then go upstairs and rant back at the eldest son, then have him come down to apologize.

My mother knew I was weak and confused. They were extremely concerned of what I thought of Egypt. They had me draw up a list of suggestions or rules on how to take care of Maria. I was very concerned about the cockroaches everywhere and very frightened of them. I had ecoli. The told me it was because the fields were being sown for second planting.

All I wanted was to spend some time with daughter having fun and to see the family's farm property.

Dad wanted me to see all the beautiful spots of Egypt, and spend money.

In my opinion the young people I met wanted to dominant the conversation and have me submit to the idea that I must be muslim and understand that American is a bad place.

They had never seen America. My father in law was very upset by this attitude being forced on me and didn't find out about it till I had been there for 8 days. My husband's best friends mother called him and related what she had picked up from her son. She was so angry. She works for a private bank and deals with American continueously, can speak english legibly well. Then she called my sister-in-laws mother. Not a good thing.

The sheiks wife down the street(the one I accidently kissed on the mouth) was concerned too. She asked if I was feeling better then shook her finger at my sister-in-law and from what I could make out plenty of inshallas, and Allahs. Then the other neighbor who spoke some english said "she hopes you feel better, your a wreck, and hope you and your new sister find each other" Man the houses are so close together the Sheiks wife can hear us argue. Nice woman though. Occasionally when my daughter starts running through the neighborhood she catches her and carries her back to grandma.

NOxReducer
Member # 3836

Rate Member
I'm not really sure what you are talking about....
wish you all the best....

carina
Member # 3843

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for carina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

its mad whats happening here

Posts: 62 | From: Sweden | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by katrina (edited 30 May 2004).]

Posts: 995 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com