EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » best restaurants in luxor???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: best restaurants in luxor???
roddy
Member # 3805

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for roddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love to eat and i like to try as many places as i can.....i love SNOBSfor its curry...mouman worked at one time for saudi royal family...his presentation of food is great....its a tiny restaurant so best to book...its also very reasonable.the RITZ is good for its steak plus its very friendly.MAXIMS is very good.for something very cheap i think the AMMOUN..cant be beaten for price.AFRICA on the west bank is also a good place apart from the flies?been to many more which was all of a muchness?the worst for me is ..JEMS..it was good but as they also have one of the hot air balloon trips to run it seems once they have your money for a trip and your food they dont want to know you...and the last time we went as a party we all went down with the dreaded sh.... thanks but no thanks??? TASTE OF INDIA was truly awful....as was THE WINTER PALACE.... WE PAID THE EARTH and although its a beautiful place i guess they are trading on their fame...i had the toughest steak i had eaten anywhere in the world?i will remember more places but my little dog is waiting to have A wee???
Posts: 120 | From: clevedon..uk | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Al Gezera Hotel Roof Top Resturant is my favouraite and where we recommend all our guests to go on the West Bank. Views of Luxor temple and the Nile, tasty food (try the stuffed pigeon), beer and clean toilets what more could you ask for

Tutankamun has got better food but no beer (consequently I have never tried the loo )

Africa never seems to have working loos when I go there so it spoils it for me

Nile Valley not too bad but early days

Best place to eat, one of our barbeques Mahmoud does the meat and I do salads and dips (mum in law provides the bread)

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kenzie
Member # 3519

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenzie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Agra Indian at Sheraton Hotel. I also like Snobs, which Roddy mentioned, great pancakes with orange sauce.
Posts: 339 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chicken livers in The Bistro, Italian in La Mamas, burgers on the roof of the St Joseph, Tutankhamuns for chicken curry and kofta at the place on the street heading towards Twinkys.
Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roddy
Member # 3805

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for roddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
[Bthanks akshar....i think by the end of this i will have a list the length of my arm and a stomach the size of a house???]Al Gezera Hotel Roof Top Resturant is my favouraite and where we recommend all our guests to go on the West Bank. Views of Luxor temple and the Nile, tasty food (try the stuffed pigeon), beer and clean toilets what more could you ask for

Tutankamun has got better food but no beer (consequently I have never tried the loo )

Africa never seems to have working loos when I go there so it spoils it for me

Nile Valley not too bad but early days

Best place to eat, one of our barbeques Mahmoud does the meat and I do salads and dips (mum in law provides the bread)

[/B]

Posts: 120 | From: clevedon..uk | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMHO - The worst part about Luxor is it's food. There isn't a truly decent restaurant within miles of it. Better to make friends and eat at their houses..... or go to Janes BBQ.
Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com