EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Count Down to ES meeting

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Count Down to ES meeting
BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for BoBBoSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi friends

i guess it is time now to discuss our final details for our meeting.
time:9th of april (next friday), 3 pm
place : Sultan (nile felucca), maadi
and every ES member is welcomed to join,
who is in?

------------------
BoBBoSS

Posts: 249 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
khalid_2002
Member # 1709

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for khalid_2002   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i really dun wanna lose this event, but i'll be in the army

------------------
Khalid
khalid_abuzeid@hotmail.com
www.virtualtourist.com/khalid_eg

Be urself, No matter what they say.

Posts: 310 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamy2
Member # 3635

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamy2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everbody, let's do it let's discuss the details. I'm In
Thank you BoBBoSS, would you be the Boss for this meeting?
I have a quistion How we will know each other. or somebody can come and pretend he is not from the ES, or each one hase to say his screen name?

Posts: 19 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sallyally
Member # 3426

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sallyally     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be there, and I'll be bringing a friend if that's ok.
Posts: 86 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be coming and maybe bringing a friend, too.

There are just three or four feluccas at the Sultana, so it shouldn' t be too hard to find each other.

Where's Debbie?

[This message has been edited by Dalia (edited 03 April 2004).]

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for BoBBoSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that sounds great till now, i guess we will not e mistaken , and for more accuaracy, i will make the reservation for the felucca with a certain name, but of course not ES otherwise u will find me floating beside the felucca,
khalid, next time buddy. , tamy , i am just an ES member , and folks , everybody is welcomed as long as he/she is trusted, u know what i mean !!!
where r Debbie, wacobaco, adoula, ..... all other ES members))

by the way sally welcome home...

------------------
BoBBoSS

Posts: 249 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia:
I'll be coming and maybe bringing a friend, too.

There are just three or four feluccas at the Sultana, so it shouldn' t be too hard to find each other.

Where's Debbie?

[This message has been edited by Dalia (edited 03 April 2004).]

Sorry Dalia. First Friday off and back in Egypt for over a month, I'm headed out to Hash instead. That is my first priority this Friday. Catch you guys another time.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for BoBBoSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i hope u have a nice time debbie, we wish u could join us, anyway , if u change ur mind , then we will be glad to join us

------------------
BoBBoSS

Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Bobboss,
Catch U another time, am in Greece till Easter time (Sham el neseem.

Enjoyyyyyy.

quote:
Originally posted by BoBBoSS:
that sounds great till now, i guess we will not e mistaken , and for more accuaracy, i will make the reservation for the felucca with a certain name, but of course not ES otherwise u will find me floating beside the felucca,
khalid, next time buddy. , tamy , i am just an ES member , and folks , everybody is welcomed as long as he/she is trusted, u know what i mean !!!
where r Debbie, wacobaco, adoula, ..... all other ES members))

by the way sally welcome home...

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

Posts: 544 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wacobaco
Member # 3640

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wacobaco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Boss, sorry for being away for long time.. i think i'll join u guys after all, even loaded with work..but would be nice to witness the birth of someone' s dream.. as 4 recognizing each other.. i have a better idea..why not just saying hiii..without actaully avowing our nickname here on ES..talk for a while with each other..try to guess who the person is from what we read of his post..and how he is talking now..comeon guys..let it be a little bit fun..Dalia..u know me and i'm too..don't say ..and i won't say..fair deal? .. how about this game guys?
wher is Mooley, Rimo girl..come on..we r not gonna bite u..lori..other guys and girls? Cairo resident ..the whole world..where r u?

Posts: 66 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leonides
Member # 3671

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for leonides     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Bobboss,

Wish to meet you all and i'll be there ,
and let's all wish luck .

Thanks
Tarek

quote:
hi friends

who is in?

Posts: 28 | From: egypt | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AceSpade
Member # 3954

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for AceSpade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Hi all, I really like you and the sense of humor you all have, I love anyplace which holds people sharing there passions together, a place like you are in now.
Good luck for all, and thanks for the this site which makes us knowing wonderful people.
My name is tarek and I would like to be one of you .

Posts: 65 | From: Cairo | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AceSpade
Member # 3954

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AceSpade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
hi friends

who is in?

I am now a ES member, can I join you?
What's about the snacks, I suggest that we make it a DISH PARTY!!
Everybody cook something and get it with him/her , but we need to know first if is that allowed on board ?

Posts: 65 | From: Cairo | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AceSpade:

I am now a ES member, can I join you?
What's about the snacks, I suggest that we make it a DISH PARTY!!
Everybody cook something and get it with him/her , but we need to know first if is that allowed on board ?

Tarek, That is EXACTLY what is supposed to happen! And yes, of course it is allowed on board. The falouka guys don't care what you bring with you. The best ES falouka parties we've had were when people brought homemade dishes with them to share.

HAVE A GOOD TIME!

p.s. Someone try to remember to take a sheet or tablecloth or something to toss over the nasty table on the falouka to make it feel cleaner and nicer. Usually that is my job to bring that, but since I'm not coming, someone else needs to do it for me. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Debbie (edited 05 April 2004).]

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for BoBBoSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i guess Debbie we will forget to brinig tablecloth on purpose to remember that u r missing (lol) .
waco... isn't it great to meet , i feel excited when it is coming to be true, but what about this dish party issue!!! i must think of something ..

adoula., i hope u enjoy greece my friend, and i guess u r one of the persons who must have been there,

we are waiting for more ES members to show up

------------------
BoBBoSS

Egy_Eagle
Member # 3966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egy_Eagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Friends,
I'm really interested in your meeting and I'd like to meet you all. Can I join you? What about that dish party? What should I bring with me to share you?

Thanks
Hassan

Posts: 19 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for brian04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi everybody,
well unfortuately, i will miss this time.
but i hope once i arrive in egypt in october there will another.
in the meantime i wish everybody a happy time and hope everybody makes new friends.

salam,
brian

Posts: 432 | From: China | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So is it going to be a dish party or not?

The last time I went to a felucca meeting I spend the afternoon preparing food, just to discover upon my arrival that noone else had brought anything which was ok, we ordered food from Sultana ... but I wished I had known before, than I wouldn't have bothered.

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kay in love
Member # 3444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kay in love     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dear friends

oh this is sounding sooooo great and i cant be there!!!!!!!!

wishing you smooth sailing and a wonderful day - i will be with you in spirit
and dont forget to let us know how great it was

much love kay

Posts: 128 | From: uk | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jutta3
Member # 3985

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jutta3   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sooooooo jealous that I can not be there with you to meet. Just returned last sunday from Hurghada and back in Germany now.

Hey wacobaco, how are you? Did you read my postage?

Posts: 306 | From: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wacobaco
Member # 3640

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wacobaco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
guys..what can i say..i'm terribly sorry .. but emergency task just loomed in the horizon ..extremely sad..but ..it is out of my hand..won't be able to catch u tomorrow..please forgive me ..promise to catch u next time..just ..make the best out of tomorrow..and make it happy as much as u can..that when u come and tell us about..everybody would be jealous and does his best to attend the next gathering..cheers
Posts: 66 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymon
Member # 3727

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was hoping to be there too ... unfortunately I couldn't make.
I have a question: How many members usually attend this event?

------------------

Raymon www.youregypt.com

Posts: 288 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for BoBBoSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi friends

i am sorry wacobaco that u won't come and i can't answer how many will come cuz this is what i will discover tomorrow,
so i have a proposal, lets lets make it just drinks , we can think of something to eat later, i mean , ladies, don't bother yourself making something special (lol).

------------------
BoBBoSS

Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So is it still up? Sounds to me as if most people can't make it ...
BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for BoBBoSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we had our meting today , i met with leonides , we had a lovely time , in GrandCafe, he is really a wonderful guy , but i am just wondering , where were the others?
Dalia., sally.....

------------------
BoBBoSS

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm happy you met at least one friend BoBBoSS. Sometimes it's better to meet one at a time.

Hope you keep the friendship going.
Cheers and best regards
Monica

quote:
we had our meting today , i met with leonides , we had a lovely time , in GrandCafe, he is really a wonderful guy , but i am just wondering , where were the others?
Dalia., sally.....

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for BoBBoSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i guess u r right monica, it was really great, we had a very good discussions, and also being only 2 in a lovely sunny place, made us having a good understanding, beside that , he is a very nice person, and we didn't miss talking about other issues and members and their replies,

------------------
BoBBoSS

Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Dalia., sally.....

Well, I'm really sorry I missed it, but as I said before, it looked to me as if noone could make it. That's why I posted the question earlier yesterday. So when noone replied I was afraid I might go all the way to Maadi and find noone there, LOL.

Anyway, why don't we just schedule another one next week? Same time, same plac.

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I met a few wonderful people from Es and always on a one to one basis - it was just a coincidence and it happened that way - I found it a great experience.
If another meeting is scheduled sometime in July, maybe a few more people could attend. I can try my best.

This time around unfortunately - I left Cairo on the 8th, I was there after my trip to Malta for special family issues - I intended to surprise you but it did not work ~ I could not extend my stay! Sorry!

Monica

quote:
i guess u r right monica, it was really great, we had a very good discussions, and also being only 2 in a lovely sunny place, made us having a good understanding, beside that , he is a very nice person, and we didn't miss talking about other issues and members and their replies,

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 10 April 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for BoBBoSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
monica:
if u 'd said that earlier then it was done at that time, i don't know why was the reason we delayed it till the 8th , but anyway , the reason for our delaywas absence,
dalia, i don't know, for me it is ok, i'd love that , and i guess for leonides also , but after an experience, grand cafe is our best location rather than felucca, for any future plan, perhaps we can make it while sallyis still in egypt, but it will be ur task )))

------------------
BoBBoSS

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I remember is that the first meeting was scheduled before the 8th...and then it started to change, so did my schedule at the time... so I let it go and thought in case I stay up until then I will show up, but nothing was sure, I was on stand by really... from the beginning to the end.

quote:
monica:
if u 'd said that earlier then it was done at that time, i don't know why was the reason we delayed it till the 8th , but anyway , the reason for our delaywas absence,
dalia, i don't know, for me it is ok, i'd love that , and i guess for leonides also , but after an experience, grand cafe is our best location rather than felucca, for any future plan, perhaps we can make it while sallyis still in egypt, but it will be ur task )))

BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoBBoSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i guess next time u r in Egypt, we can do it , many ES members 'd love to have u around, and in fact i'd love to see how big is ur head to enclose all this wonderful thoughts (lol).some of the ES members i do not see them much here, especially you, Adoula, debbie, akshar, ... when i start contributing here, i really enjoyed reading their comments, it was like a take away experience packed and delivered, but i guess now, most of the topics are shallow minded,and don't excites me to ignite my mind after a heavy loaded day . so i just read it only.

------------------
BoBBoSS

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
wooow BoBBoSS...my head? big big he he he...not really..I had lots of quality time in my life, to research and read and a very intellectual father!

Thanks for the kind words.
And in reference to the other thread...3ala baraket Allah!

Monica

quote:
i guess next time u r in Egypt, we can do it , many ES members 'd love to have u around, and in fact i'd love to see how big is ur head to enclose all this wonderful thoughts (lol).some of the ES members i do not see them much here, especially you, Adoula, debbie, akshar, ... when i start contributing here, i really enjoyed reading their comments, it was like a take away experience packed and delivered, but i guess now, most of the topics are shallow minded,and don't excites me to ignite my mind after a heavy loaded day . so i just read it only.

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 14 April 2004).]

BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for BoBBoSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i guess i smeel some good new here

------------------
BoBBoSS

BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoBBoSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i guess it is out turn to congratulate u

------------------
BoBBoSS

BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
i guess it is out turn to congratulate u

------------------
BoBBoSS

Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rimo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Monica:
[b]

[This message has been edited by Rimo (edited 10 April 2004).]
Done

[This message has been edited by Rimo (edited 10 April 2004).]

Posts: 314 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
I was joking....

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 14 April 2004).]

BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
what do u think rimo? what we can do to monica?
oh la la la , i like this song tooo))))

------------------
BoBBoSS

Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rimo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok Monica Bobboss was really crazy talking to you tonight....Gotta go,,,,,have something really important comin' up tomorrow,,,,Please Keep YOUR FINGERS AND TOES crossed for me

Goodnight guys

Posts: 314 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for BoBBoSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rimo, monica, it was a lovely nigt, but i have to wake up at 6 am tomorrow, i have got no vacation this week , sorry to leave u folks

Rimo( my proposal is still extended) loll

------------------
BoBBoSS

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guys - I'll try to make the next meeting (can't as early as next week though), but I'll ALWAYS vote for the falouka instead of Grand Cafe. I say falouka first, then those with the dosh to go to Grand Cafe, or if you really want to visit more after, can move over there. Grand Cafe immediately excludes some people that can't afford it...and that's not what ES is all about. Besides as we said before, on a falouka, IF you get a decent turnout, it gives you better opportunity to get up, change seats and talk wih anyone and everyone. In the Grand Cafe, you take a seat and are stuck there pretty much for the whole evening. It is not as condusive to visiting if there are more than 2.
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Debbie:
I'll ALWAYS vote for the falouka instead of Grand Cafe. I say falouka first, then those with the dosh to go to Grand Cafe, or if you really want to visit more after, can move over there. Grand Cafe immediately excludes some people that can't afford it...and that's not what ES is all about. Besides as we said before, on a falouka, IF you get a decent turnout, it gives you better opportunity to get up, change seats and talk wih anyone and everyone. In the Grand Cafe, you take a seat and are stuck there pretty much for the whole evening. It is not as condusive to visiting if there are more than 2.

Yep.
Having been to a few of those meetings, both on a felucca and in a restaurant / café, I absolutely agree with Debbie - for all the reasons she mentioned.

Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Debbie:
I'll ALWAYS vote for the falouka instead of Grand Cafe. I say falouka first, then those with the dosh to go to Grand Cafe, or if you really want to visit more after, can move over there. Grand Cafe immediately excludes some people that can't afford it...and that's not what ES is all about. Besides as we said before, on a falouka, IF you get a decent turnout, it gives you better opportunity to get up, change seats and talk wih anyone and everyone. In the Grand Cafe, you take a seat and are stuck there pretty much for the whole evening. It is not as condusive to visiting if there are more than 2.

Yep.
Having been to a few of those meetings, both on a felucca and in a restaurant / café, I absolutely agree with Debbie - for all the reasons she mentioned.

BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
ok i agree debbie as long as u gonna arrange it. last time we were 2 so we enjoyed it))
but it is ok with me.anything.

------------------
BoBBoSS

Mooly El Din
Member # 1987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mooly El Din     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
ok i agree debbie as long as u gonna arrange it. last time we were 2 so we enjoyed it))
but it is ok with me.anything.

BoBBoss and others

I am very sorry I was not able to make it, I had to leave Egypt befor the 8th , I was not even able to meet Monica, we tried but it did not work

Next time
Cheers

Posts: 289 | From: Europe | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
it is ok mooly, never mind , we still have time for more ..

------------------
BoBBoSS

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
I'll arrange another one AFTER Egypt goes on Day Light Savings Time. I prefer a falouka in the early evening and during DLS, we get more daylight at the end of the day.
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
I'll arrange another one AFTER Egypt goes on Day Light Savings Time. I prefer a falouka in the early evening and during DLS, we get more daylight at the end of the day.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com