EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » women are beautiful for themselves

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: women are beautiful for themselves
karinfarid
Member # 3352

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karinfarid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi all,

I've heard so many times in my life that a woman wants to be beautiful for herself, there was a time when I also believed it.

Now, what does it mean? When women want to 'feel good', if they leave their home, they dress short, tight clothes, high heels, make-up, perfume plus whatever the hair needs on gel, spray etc. - for themselves? When they come home, they kick off the uncomfortable, unhealthy high heels, they wash the make-up off their faces and that sticky stuff from their hair, they dress something clean, but casual and comfortable - for themselves?

Does that make you think? This means that many women measure their self-esteem, their 'feeling good' in how much attention they get from men outside their home.

If women dress and try to be beautiful for themselves, they'll chose something they feel comfortable with, not something they think society does expect it from them to prove themselves modern, successful and beautiful...

I'm not judging the women, don't get me wrong, everyone has his/her own choices, but I wanted to share this thought with you, and I'd like to know your thoughts and ideas also.

salam, Karin

Posts: 295 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kay in love
Member # 3444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kay in love     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dear karin

in my younger days -1980's i used to wear the short skirts, make-up, jewelry and the highest heals you have ever seen - now by no means past it i hope - i have learnt that if im comfortable i feel more attractive
i went out with girlfriends the other night and was convinced to wear high heals - i wish i hadnt by the time we had got into town i felt crippled!!!!!!!
so i guess what im saying is that i think as you get older you lose your ability to compromise your comfort
i have got to the stage now where people have to take me as they find me!!

will probably have many more thoughts on this so till later
much love kay

Posts: 128 | From: uk | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Masreya_awy
Member # 3866

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Masreya_awy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Karin,

This is Monica, with a new nickname as I do not have my laptop, away from home, and did not remember my password (I keep repeating this, because not everyone reads every post).

I find your thread extremely interesting because I did notice at the Club, that some women, mostly young, in Cairo + that is, do dress in a very provocative way, lately.

My thoughts on this matter are really simple and to the point:
1- a woman that shows too much skin, in terms of legs or the upper body, as well as the belly button, is certainly lacking self-respect
2- in the above fashion, the term 'dressing for themselves' to me, represents a rebellious way of dealing with the outrageous and/or trying to attract the opposite gender
3- personnally, 'dressing for myself' means the style I prefer, that represents who I really am.

In my humble opinion, we make a statement to the outside world on who we are, or how we want to be percieved by the way we dress!

That is of course for those of us, who do not have an identity crisis...and that's a totally different story

Hoping to read more thoughts from others, and men could maybe tell us what they think when they see too much skin, or outrageous makeup, regardless of the nationality of the women.

Thanks for this topic karin, and until the next, all my best always,

Monica

quote:
Originally posted by karinfarid:
hi all,

I've heard so many times in my life that a woman wants to be beautiful for herself, there was a time when I also believed it.

Now, what does it mean? When women want to 'feel good', if they leave their home, they dress short, tight clothes, high heels, make-up, perfume plus whatever the hair needs on gel, spray etc. - for themselves? When they come home, they kick off the uncomfortable, unhealthy high heels, they wash the make-up off their faces and that sticky stuff from their hair, they dress something clean, but casual and comfortable - for themselves?

Does that make you think? This means that many women measure their self-esteem, their 'feeling good' in how much attention they get from men outside their home.

If women dress and try to be beautiful for themselves, they'll chose something they feel comfortable with, not something they think society does expect it from them to prove themselves modern, successful and beautiful...

I'm not judging the women, don't get me wrong, everyone has his/her own choices, but I wanted to share this thought with you, and I'd like to know your thoughts and ideas also.

salam, Karin

[This message has been edited by Masreya_awy (edited 04 April 2004).]

Posts: 45 | From: Cairo Egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lori
Member # 2390

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lori     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Karin! Your topic is really interesting!

Humans live in society and society has its customs, such as dressing differently for different occasions - shopping, going to a theatre, going to a sports activity or attending an official function. All of these require dress codes and by adhering to them we show whether we want to be consider as belonging to that society or not.

If you ask whether women wear these things for themselves, I would say yes. We wear what we wear in order to be accepted by society. If you would appear dressed in comfy clothes to an opera show, how much respect do you think you will get? Maybe they won't even let you in because you are not respecting the dress code.

That being said, women have actually a lot of freedom to express themselves while still keeping the dress code. No one asks you to wear a skimpy skirt and killer heels. An elegant silk suit, with pants, and shoes with moderate or low heels are perfectly acceptable. No one asks for heavy make-up. A light make-up or just a bit of powder and plucked eyebrows may be all you need.

What I am trying to say is that yes, there are rules, but there is also freedom. If you feel you are torturing yourself, stop!

A woman I know insists in dolling herself up and going to concerts almost every week. Her husband told me how he hates going to these concerts with her because he hates the music, and she usually falls asleep in the chair until the concert is over. She only wants to be seen at the concert, that's all, and it's straining her marriage.

If we would stop pretending we are something we are not, life would be easier for us and those around us.

Peace,
Lori

------------------
In Love With Egypt

Posts: 251 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quite frankly, I think you're stereotyping a bit ... what you're writing reminds me of the many occasions when I've heard (or read) similar things in discussions about women,dresscodes, hijab etc. and what tends to bother me is that people are always mentioning the extremes as if there's only hijab on one side and high heels / tight clothes etc. on the other side.

quote:
When women want to 'feel good', if they leave their home, they dress short, tight clothes, high heels, make-up, perfume plus whatever the hair needs on gel, spray etc.

OK, I can only speak for myself (and maybe my friends) here, but when I go out and want to look attractive and feel good I do NOT wear high heels, heavy make up and tight clothes. I do wear clothes that I feel comfortable in and that fit my personal style. Sometimes they might be tight-fitting and sometimes rather baggy, it just depends on my mood (although in Egpyt I tend to go more for the baggy style).

And wanting to look good does not necessarily have to do with getting male attention. I dress the same way whether I'm going out on a date or meeting my girlfriends.

When I look at women or girls dressed in the way you describe I feel rather sorry or embarrassed for them , they look quite exposed and vulnerable to me ...

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiggleGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm probably speaking for myself here. But I don't dress just to attract men. I do it to undermine other women. I'm sure every woman goes out, or has gone out thinking the same thing. It is natural to try to undermine other members of the same sex. Men do it as well. It doesn't neccesarily mean you are a bad person.
Posts: 293 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nesrine
Member # 3861

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nesrine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

its always good to wear what you think is comforting to you and makes you have confidence instead of follow blind any fashion which is not suitable

Posts: 47 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think to some extent we use clothes to both try to visually express something about our personality/character to strangers we meet and to give them a clue about who we might be. similarly, we look to others' clothing to see if they're the kind of people we might like.

perhaps it sounds shallow, but i'm talking only about the first visual perception...for example if you walked into a room of strangers and you wanedt to approach someone... who to approach? chances are you will take notice of the style of clothing of someone and form a certain stereotype about what they might be like. once you start talking with them, it may turn out to be completely wrong..but... i think that's why there's so many different styles...we're all trying in a way to express our individuality.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Karin,
I really liked this topic.

First let me say that only (some) women are doing so...!

There are also some 'men' who do this type of exhibitionism.

Immodesty is a problem on such a grand scale in our society today because we live in an age that glorifies immodesty and immorality.

In almost all commercial advertisements, whether billboard, television, or magazine ad, and regardless of what the advertised product is, food, clothing, perfume, or automobiles, the focus is not on the product itself, but on men and women who are dressed immodestly.

Thus, immodesty has become so commonly accepted that it doesn't bother most people.

Of course the single most frequent argument made today, because it has become an overarching value of our time, is that because modestly is a judgement call, a matter of personal taste, no one has the right to judge a woman in her dress.

We must be tolerant of her choices. But surely there is still some degree of undress that all would agree is unacceptable. That being so, the discussion about immodesty is not whether it exists at all and whether we may condemn those who are immodest but what that standard is.

To be cont.

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

Posts: 544 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GiggleGirl:
It is natural to try to undermine other members of the same sex.

Sorry, but I disagree.
The only reason I can see why you should feel the need to do so is that your self-confidence is completely based on your looks and you need to feel "superior" to others in order to give it a boost.

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nesrine:

its always good to wear what you think is comforting to you and makes you have confidence instead of follow blind any fashion which is not suitable

Yes Nesrine, I liked this reply, and let me add:

Dress indicates the nature of the person who wears it. Also immodest dress is also unfair to women.

It create a competition between women for the sexual attention of men.

Further, it is unfair to the women who are less well endowed in these attributes, and thus are forced to ever greater excesses of immodesty just to compete with the more attractive.

It is unfair to women because it forces them into a very restrictive code of dress and beauty that is primarily sexual.

Women today find themselves competing with the artificially sexy image of womanhood that Hollywood have created.

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

Posts: 544 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rimo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Masreya_awy:
Hi Karin,

This is Monica, with a new nickname as I do not have my laptop, away from home, and did not remember my password (I keep repeating this, because not everyone reads every post).

I find your thread extremely interesting because I did notice at the Club, that some women, mostly young, in Cairo + that is, do dress in a very provocative way, lately.

My thoughts on this matter are really simple and to the point:
1- a woman that shows too much skin, in terms of legs or the upper body, as well as the belly button, is certainly lacking self-respect
2- in the above fashion, the term 'dressing for themselves' to me, represents a rebellious way of dealing with the outrageous and/or trying to attract the opposite gender
3- personnally, 'dressing for myself' means the style I prefer, that represents who I really am.

In my humble opinion, we make a statement to the outside world on who we are, or how we want to be percieved by the way we dress!

That is of course for those of us, who do not have an identity crisis...and that's a totally different story

Hoping to read more thoughts from others, and men could maybe tell us what they think when they see too much skin, or outrageous makeup, regardless of the nationality of the women.

Thanks for this topic karin, and until the next, all my best always,

Monica

[This message has been edited by Masreya_awy (edited 04 April 2004).]

Identity Crisis ha? you want somebody to come thinking we're one again right?

Karin,
Being 5 ft 2inches i love high heels. I can actually Run wearing them,,,,I don't think thick makeup is en vogue these days, not like the old days .... or the big hair.......And actually I sometimes call my girlfreind sayin' let's go to the Opera so that we'd dress up real nice, make up, hair....the works you know......We do have fashion victims in our society like everywhere else (I hate it when they show bellybuttons Yikes) but we can't generalize. I beleive you're talking about fashion victims not us who love to dress up , look good and sacrifice a little personal comfort right? Coz personally I'm most comfortable in my shorts and cotton T-shirt,,,, I haven't tried going to work in that,,,,,,you'll be the first to know when I do, probably read about it in the papers........."Stress Of Being In The Medical Profession, Doctor Accused Of Indecent Exposure....Doctor Claims She Had to Be Comfortable......." hehehe sorry couldn't hold that back.

Posts: 314 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carina
Member # 3843

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for carina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

the best is that at the end each of us find herself going for what she likes and that satisfies her taste and pride :

Posts: 62 | From: Sweden | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lukoshko
Member # 3626

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lukoshko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I go out with a man i prefer to put on high heels and that kind of dress, which usually mentioned with high heels And i also used to have bright make-up. Hair smoothly and straight.

However, if I am going to spend time with a man I know very good and feel free with him, or with my close male friend, I can go out in a comfortable clothes and without make-up.

If I am planing to spend time with my girlfriends or alone at home. I prefer jeans and T-shirts and bombers (right?). I also like sport clothes but only at home or spart club. And in this case I don't use make-up as I feel much more comfortable without it. (the first thing I do when I came home - wash my face)

So I dress not only for myself but for other people as well. If I was dressing only for myself, I would wear jeans or sport clothers.

Posts: 287 | From: Moscow Russia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lukoshko
Member # 3626

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lukoshko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Do u really think so? Or u are talking about Egypt?
What about mini skirts, etc in European countries?

Posts: 287 | From: Moscow Russia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Masreya_awy
Member # 3866

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Masreya_awy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Lukoshko,

I definitely mean self-respect wherever we are. It is a personal choice to show your legs or more. But I choose not to demonstrate to the world what I believe is private.

For example, when a very beautiful woman is harrassed, let's say in Montreal, because of her mini skirts or tight blouses, I certainly could tell you that it reinforces my point of view. We do send a statement with our dress code.

Self-respect, is a matter of self-preservation against sleezy remarks, sleezy looks and also most importantly keeping ourselves dignified.

Miniskirts are maybe cute; when everyone is wearing them it looks like a sexy dress code and it suits some.. but when the women that wear them sit and show more than legs I find that a scream for a 'certain' attention that makes the whole issue look like a meat market!

That is of course my personal opinion!
Cheers!
Monica

QUOTE]Originally posted by Lukoshko:

quote:
[b]1- a woman that shows too much skin, in terms of legs or the upper body, as well as the belly button, is certainly lacking self-respect

Do u really think so? Or u are talking about Egypt?
What about mini skirts, etc in European countries?[/B][/QUOTE]

Posts: 45 | From: Cairo Egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fantachero
Member # 2707

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fantachero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with you adoula.I believe that fashion,media,hollywood they all have effect on women what to wear.Even some clothes has direct meaning(etc.mini skirt is sexy;high heeled shoes attractive and bla bla)
I know lots of friends who wear those apartment shoes just they think they look better with them(even they are dying in pain)or wearing tight cloths to look thinner even they cant breath in.

Personally I prefer comfortable clothes because I dont want to take attention with my look only.

Beauty is something which changes from person to person and I believe that a women can be beautiful with jeans and t-shirts and with few extra kilos

Best wishes to all,
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Adoula:

In almost all commercial advertisements, whether billboard, television, or magazine ad, and regardless of what the advertised product is, food, clothing, perfume, or automobiles, the focus is not on the product itself, but on men and women who are dressed immodestly.

Posts: 117 | From: istanbul, turkey | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lori
Member # 2390

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lori     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'm probably speaking for myself here. But I don't dress just to attract men. I do it to undermine other women. I'm sure every woman goes out, or has gone out thinking the same thing. It is natural to try to undermine other members of the same sex. Men do it as well. It doesn't neccesarily mean you are a bad person.

Well here's one exception to your way of thinking. Me.

I always dress according to my shape, my finest features and the occasion. I like my looks and my face so much I cannot imagine needing to "undermine" other women because I feel like the most beautiful woman in the world ALL THE TIME. No matter how others look or what others say.

Very young women do try to undermine other women by the way they dress. The very same women, 20 years later, with their youth gone and their face and body devastated by unnecessary makeup or torture shoes, make complete asses of themselves because they are undermined by each and every other woman in the room, and they can't take it.

No Giggly you are not a bad person but I do feel sorry for you for thinking like that. Enjoy it while it lasts.

------------------
In Love With Egypt

Posts: 251 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lukoshko
Member # 3626

Rate Member
Monica, thanks for the reply. I understood ur point. but mine is different

Lukoshko
Member # 3626

Rate Member
By the way, I like very much when woman can be different and feel herself comfortable in different stiles.

I have a friend, she wear absolutely different clothes. Jeans, small black dress, high heels, knees high boots, slippers, everything. One day she can be gorgeous sophisticated woman, antother day she looks like a teenager. U ca't be bored with her.

GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiggleGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lori:
Well here's one exception to your way of thinking. Me.

I always dress according to my shape, my finest features and the occasion. I like my looks and my face so much I cannot imagine needing to "undermine" other women because I feel like the most beautiful woman in the world ALL THE TIME. No matter how others look or what others say.

Very young women do try to undermine other women by the way they dress. The very same women, 20 years later, with their youth gone and their face and body devastated by unnecessary makeup or torture shoes, make complete asses of themselves because they are undermined by each and every other woman in the room, and they can't take it.

No Giggly you are not a bad person but I do feel sorry for you for thinking like that. Enjoy it while it lasts.

You are one very self-opiniated woman Lori. I also do not wear unnecessary make up at all, unless I am mistaken, a slick of lipstick and mascara is not and unnecessary amount. Don't feel sorry for me. I enjoy seeing previously confident women wither. As for feeling the most beatiful woman in the world. I do not feel like that all the time,I know there is no point deluding myself. There are far more beautiful women than me in the world. Not many in my area though. So please, don't pity me. I am happy undermining other women. It comes naturally to me. I feel sorry for you being so self opinionated.

Posts: 293 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lori:
[B] Well here's one exception to your way of thinking. Me.

I cannot imagine needing to "undermine" other women because I feel like the most beautiful woman in the world ALL THE TIME. [QUOTE]

Lori, bravo! That is the way to go!

Posts: 995 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You are one very self-opiniated woman Lori. I also do not wear unnecessary make up at all, unless I am mistaken, a slick of lipstick and mascara is not and unnecessary amount. Don't feel sorry for me. I enjoy seeing previously confident women wither. As for feeling the most beatiful woman in the world. I do not feel like that all the time,I know there is no point deluding myself. There are far more beautiful women than me in the world. Not many in my area though. So please, don't pity me. I am happy undermining other women. It comes naturally to me. I feel sorry for you being so self opinionated.

GiggleGirl, goodness! Life is short and full of surprises, and wonderful things to do and see. Why would one want to spend it competing with other women on looks? Your inner peace, comfort with yourself, your inner beauty and uniqueness of your personality brighten not only your life but enlighten others and bring meaning and happiness to all around you. Why to place so much emphasis on meaningless competitions? I'd think a true man would be mezmerized by a confident woman with self-respect and depth of her world who knows what she is, what she wants, and is true to herself at all times. I would not think you would need to win his heart with clothing and moreover competing with other women. Just BE YOURSELF. That is the true attraction to all people, women and men alike

[This message has been edited by katrina (edited 05 April 2004).]

Posts: 995 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by katrina:
GiggleGirl, goodness! Life is short and full of surprises, and wonderful things to do and see. Why would one want to spend it competing with other women on looks? Why to place so much emphasis on meaningless competitions?

lol..That's the sort of things my friends say to me. My reply: It's a hobby. I don't actually want any of the men that show any interest. When I get bored of it, I'll move onto something else. But I'm never,ever going to try cooking classes again. They were a disaster!!

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
But I'm never,ever going to try cooking classes again. They were a disaster!!

I'd suggest reading books

GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
quote:
I'd suggest reading books

Hurts your eyes after a while. I do enough of that when I study.

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hurts your eyes after a while. I do enough of that when I study.

ok, GiggleGirl, at least it helps to alternate sore feet from wearing high heels with sore eyes from reading! joking.....

GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for GiggleGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
ok, GiggleGirl, at least it helps to alternate sore feet from wearing high heels with sore eyes from reading! joking.....

lol..I sit there with my feet in a bowl of hot water and slices of cucumber on my eyes. Then get up and hurt my feet or eyes again! lol

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
quote:
lol..I sit there with my feet in a bowl of hot water and slices of cucumber on my eyes. Then get up and hurt my feet or eyes again! lol

It is a serious prep for a race, Girl! hehe

BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoBBoSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for myself i really like to feel comfortable , no matter what i wear, i don't give a **** to anyother opinion, actually when i am going to work , i decided to go with what makes me feel comfortable, and to tell u the truth , a good nike, and T-shirt is the best, imagine me sitting with guys in suits, but i am feeling comfortable, but .... when it needs to be presentable i 'd like to be the first in the raw,
also i admire the girl who wears what makes her feel comfortable, because beauty and style appears in a touch ,

------------------
BoBBoSS

Posts: 249 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nutso_Ordinary
Member # 3826

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nutso_Ordinary   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It doesn't neccesarily mean you are bad

You are bad...ahm, can I have you r email please

Posts: 40 | From: Mars | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nutso_Ordinary
Member # 3826

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nutso_Ordinary   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dress to caress, I like to loog good and feel good.when I wear tight jeans especialy around the crotch, I have a big smile on my face all day.I also sometimes when I'm feeling kinky wear them jeans with tight silk shirts , you know the see through type and ny hair chest would be showing ..oooh boy, I look Hot

Posts: 40 | From: Mars | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rimo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nutso_Ordinary:
I dress to caress, I like to loog good and feel good.when I wear tight jeans especialy around the crotch, I have a big smile on my face all day.I also sometimes when I'm feeling kinky wear them jeans with tight silk shirts , you know the see through type and ny hair chest would be showing ..oooh boy, I look Hot

Easy Travolta it's still Monday

Posts: 314 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChilliSnail
Member # 3757

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChilliSnail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Now that would be quite a vision to behold.

Have you been smoking your sandals again ?

Posts: 32 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, gals, check this out (ok, guys are allowed, too including Brian, where is he anyway?)

I got this from one of my Egyptian friends today

What do you think? Comments, complaints, compliments, opinions, anything else...

http://www.missegyptclub.com

P.S. Copying and pasting the address into a browser should work better than clicking on the link

[This message has been edited by katrina (edited 06 April 2004).]

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

This is hillarious. Such a Narcius you are.
Do you want us to hold a mirror for you as you do your catwalk?

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Rimo:

Easy Travolta it's still Monday

Rimo, you are funny, girl

brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for brian04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hey, gals, check this out (ok, guys are allowed, too including Brian, where is he anyway?)

I got this from one of my Egyptian friends today

What do you think?
http://www.missegyptclub.com

Hello katrina,
I am still here I just having been posting lately. Caught the flu bug. Anyways I couldn't access the website you posted.

No matter, my POV about what womwn wear. To me no matter what my partners wears she would always look beautiful in my eyes.

It's all in the eyes of the beholder.

Salam,
Brian

Posts: 432 | From: China | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by brian04:
Hello katrina,
I am still here I just having been posting lately. Caught the flu bug. Anyways I couldn't access the website you posted.

No matter, my POV about what womwn wear. To me no matter what my partners wears she would always look beautiful in my eyes.

It's all in the eyes of the beholder.

Salam,
Brian

Brian, absolutely great answer!

We all hope you feel better

I think if you copy and paste the link into the browser rather than clicking on this link, it will work better.

Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
quote:
Rimo, you are funny, girl

hehe thanks Kat, I killed my X , he died laughing, good riddance oooops i mean God rest his soul

karinfarid
Member # 3352

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karinfarid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow, I'm certainly glad that we're back to discussing something, not somebody! thank you for the active discussion I did like your comments very much, and I do agree with Monica, Kay, Abdoula and lots of others in their views.

I think the statement itself: "I want to be beautiful for myself" is a slogan invented by society. It is society that asks us to wear formal at the theater and the business meeting, and it is society that promotes the picture of the modern, beautiful, seductive woman in short and tight clothes. When it comes to promote THE modern, intellegent, successful woman it is never the one who wears an elegant long business suit, isn't it? Question: who benefits mostly from this lie? the fashion/perfume/make-up/health & other industry. So there is the answer for the why they keep shovelling us skinny models in tight and short clothes down our throats...(tv, movies, newspapers, billboards, magazines, etc.) that causes girls to suffer from eating disorders, and feeling inferior to those 'super'girls and thus they'll spend most of their money (lotions/potions/cremes/makeup/perfume) and time (follow the latest fashion/magazines) to come as close to this fantasy as possible.

What would happen, if all (even most) of the women in the world would stop following this crazyness that is called fashion, and dress and be who they are, not who they would like to be, because that would be more acceptable to society?

What disturbs me very much is the personality change that comes with different clothes/make-up/styles. When I used to put on make-up and certain clothes, I would behave definitely different than I was with another set of clothes/hairstyle. It is like putting on a mask, with this mask I can do or say other things than just 'plain' me. It would give me a feeling of power to impress - not my girlfriends - men. The more men would set their eyes on my appearance, the more confident I would be. And I don't think this is just me, all women have certain things in common, and the comptetion thing along with jealeausy is one of them.

So if one is able to break this cycle and achieve being accepted and respected just being him/herself and to be happy and content like this .. not having the need to show off, to impress, to attract, to seduce, to undermine.. that is something great, and the right step towards more self-confidence in women, and for more love and friendship between women, I believe.

will be back later on, salam, Karin

Posts: 295 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mody
Member # 3902

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mody   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i got a quote by my favourite philosopher,i don't remember it all,but it said"humans is the most beautiful creature that god has made but the most beautiful of all r women":-),so ,nothing to worry about ladies:-)

------------------
www.face-pic.com/aqua_vilva

Posts: 165 | From: alexandria | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posted by Karin:-
So if one is able to break this cycle and achieve being accepted and respected just being him/herself and to be happy and content like this .. not having the need to show off, to impress, to attract, to seduce, to undermine.. that is something great, and the right step towards more self-confidence in women, and for more love and friendship between women, I believe.

Really love that statement Karin. Was at a business meeting today wore a lovely full length black skirt and tailored jacket. Felt great because I felt like me. I wanted to be smart not to impress, but because it gives me a bit more confidence. Lots of great posts today and like you say its good to see people back to discussing topics.

[This message has been edited by Penny (edited 06 April 2004).]

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bay212
Member # 3424

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bay212     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Women dress nicely to impress other momen..
Ladies , ask ur partners what were u wearing today ,yesterday or the day before and most men wouldn't know the answer..
Ash ur lady friend or neigbor the same questionand they'll tell u all ur wardrobe!1

Posts: 16 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rimo:
hehe thanks Kat, I killed my X , he died laughing, good riddance oooops i mean God rest his soul

What a grand idea! One cannot be charged with murder! HAHAHA

Jutta
Member # 3620

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jutta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by karinfarid:
hi all,

salam, Karin

Sorry Karin, but for me, this is really the opposite. When I have days off, staying at home alone on myself, the first thing in the morning is to do my hair and to do my (normally few) make up. Just for myself, because I want to look at myself in the mirror and want to say: yes, you are an attractive woman. You are true, that I wear more comfortable clothes when I am at home, but this is just because I must not do that at work. I have to wear a suit or a costume in my office and I would rather like to wear my jeans instead. So when I go out privately, I wear only jeans and T-Shirt, also in the diso, because I believe, a woman is most beautiful when she feels comfortable with herself, when she can move naturally without caring about a tight,short skirt or whatever.

Posts: 53 | From: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for GiggleGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jutta:
Sorry Karin, but for me, this is really the opposite. When I have days off, staying at home alone on myself, the first thing in the morning is to do my hair and to do my (normally few) make up. Just for myself, because I want to look at myself in the mirror and want to say: yes, you are an attractive woman. You are true, that I wear more comfortable clothes when I am at home, but this is just because I must not do that at work. I have to wear a suit or a costume in my office and I would rather like to wear my jeans instead. So when I go out privately, I wear only jeans and T-Shirt, also in the diso, because I believe, a woman is most beautiful when she feels comfortable with herself, when she can move naturally without caring about a tight,short skirt or whatever.

What about women that feel comfortable in a tight, short skirt? To your theory then, they have the same beauty as a woman in a shapeless sweater and jeans. It depends on the person. A person can have a face like an angel, but inside, she may be wicked. You cannot tell from appearances. People are never as they seem.

Jutta3
Member # 3985

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jutta3   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What about women that feel comfortable in a tight, short skirt? To your theory then, they have the same beauty as a woman in a shapeless sweater and jeans. It depends on the person. A person can have a face like an angel, but inside, she may be wicked. You cannot tell from appearances. People are never as they seem.

I was just talking about natural beauty, not about beauty according to character. A woman who is wearing a tight, short skirt because she just feels comfortable with it for herself and not because she want to impress someoneelse IS definitely as beautiful as a girl in a sweater and a jeans. Beauty comes from insight a person. Even girls who are "fat" in the eyes of other persons and who has not an "angels face" very often are very selfassured and selfconfident and have therefore a very beautiful appearance. And normally you can see the wicked person insight when you look at the eyes and the mouth.

Posts: 306 | From: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
lol..That's the sort of things my friends say to me.

Friends? Really? With all the competition, I'm suprised you have females in your life that can be defined as friends. Although I admit when I was like 21-23, I had "friends" that I went out with alot and we probably were pretty competitive in our Friday night attire. Thank God we are still friends and can wear jeans and an old t-shirt around each other 30 yrs later.

Good luck to you GiggleGirl. Hope your next 30 years is as good.

P.S. For everyone - Remember that a smile is the most inexpensive way to improve your looks. It really is! Just check out someone with a scowl on their face next time, give them a smile, see if you get one back and check out the difference!

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com