EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » marriage with foreigner woman

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: marriage with foreigner woman
Evelina
Member # 3102

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evelina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everybody! I'd like to know your opinion and I w'd be glad to receive yours advises. What do you think is it possible for only son in family in Egypt to get marred with foreigner woman? Does he have a hope to receive the approval of his family in this case and insist on his own decision? They wants him, of course, to get marred with Arabic woman and Muslim
Posts: 4 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jutta3
Member # 3985

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jutta3   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course this is possible. it depends on his own selfconfidence and selfassureness. Normally the family has to accept the decision of their son regarding marriage. But to make it easier for him: just think about converting to the Islam. I mean, you must not become one of the strong fanatic believers, but maybe the family has a problem because they are afraid that their grandchildren will not be raised as good believing moslems when they have a chistian mother. But in fact, moslem men are allowed to marry christian women. And it is absolutely forbidden according to qu'ran to force someone and to put pressure on somenone to make him to convert to islam.
Posts: 306 | From: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymon
Member # 3727

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jutta:
I have another idea: He can convert to Christianity or else he would be considered "one of the strong fanatic believers"
I mean he can make it easier for her … and grandchildren will be raised as good believing Christians when they have a Christian father …

Sorry I didn’t mean so … but I hope you don’t mean that people who stick to their religion are “strong fanatic believers.”
And mixing “strong” with “fanatic” is so confusing … because “strong believers” are a positive thing, while “fanatic believers” is a negative thing.

Any, getting back to the point:

Evelina:
There is no one to know better about that question except you. Please make sure the issue of his family is not only a pretext for him to escape bond with you.
Assuming good intention, if he loves you, he would do anything to marry you, especially that it is totally religiously legal for a Moslem to marry Christian women.

About taking a decision away from his family’s own decision … generally yes it is very possible: men have such power in Egypt

------------------

Raymon www.youregypt.com

[This message has been edited by Raymon (edited 08 April 2004).]

Posts: 288 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jutta3
Member # 3985

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jutta3   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Evelina, just one question: did you already met his family? I mean, according to Raymons words: maybe he takes this as an excuse not to marry you.
Posts: 306 | From: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stallion
Member # 4079

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stallion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi how r
well i am egyptian guy i am the only child and i have been dealing with foringners alot
well i wish i could marry a foriener woman
i find a way to deal and understand them more well i talked with my parents about it and they did not mind at all the only problem is to find the right woman and what i am sure of that it does not make any differant what is that nationality and the religion it is a matter of love and understanding that is what is important

Posts: 15 | From: cairo,maadi,egypt | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shamila
Member # 4027

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shamila     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
stallion if u r not a muslim then love is all tat will matter 2 u but 4 muslims it's not the same u have 2 marry some1 tat believes in the book.
Posts: 78 | From: Birmingham, Britain | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lukoshko
Member # 3626

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lukoshko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jutta3:
But to make it easier for him: just think about converting to the Islam. I mean, you must not become one of the strong fanatic believers
I really don't understand such advices. Is a religion just a toy, which u can change from one to another? U can take a religion or change it only if u feel the real wish for that, deep inside ur heart and sole(IMHO), not for a lover! If a person don't really care what religion to have and it is a peace of cake for him to change it,- what for to have one?

[This message has been edited by Lukoshko (edited 20 April 2004).]

Posts: 287 | From: Moscow Russia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com