EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » I cnnot believe my luck

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I cnnot believe my luck
Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all ES members:

Some people believe that keeping hold of a talisman or lucky charm really can bring good luck to the holder - if they genuinely believe it will.

Now the point is what about knowing a person who brings luck?

aah, I must explain, ok.

Simply, I am this person...huh, U all R laughing..ok

I see it, all my friends have luck after knowing me, certainly i can not increase my friends probability for winning the lottery, but my friends who reported an increase in luck recorded it in terms of personal happiness, optimism and well-being.

Sometimes it is finding a good job, a good boyfriend, or husband, or a good private business opportunity, personal or family problem sloving....

Can not believe, ok give me a try... and hopefully others will too.

Now the point is:
Do U know someone like me?
Have U experienced knowing someone who brings luck?
Do U believe on what am saying?

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

Posts: 544 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
esposible
Member # 2955

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for esposible     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are scratching a lottery ticket and each time you win you realize your friend was next to you then perhaps you start to equate your winning to your friend giving you good luck

But I dont know if someone can really "make" you luckier. You can however feel very good or optimistic when you are in the company of a good friend. There might be a change in attitude if this person helps you out or makes you see things in a positive way. In that way yes you can feel your friend brought you luck.

Posts: 75 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi esposible,
Thanks for replying.

For a long time people in Great Britain have been thinking that if the black cat crosses your way or enters your home it means luck.

This custom is connected with the Ancient Egypt where people thought that the cat brings happiness in the house where it lives and to people who take care about it.

Same goes with me, but the difference is for the black cat, there is so many proverbs which say it, the old English proverb says: "If there is a black cat in your house the lovers will always be there".

But for me, no proverbs, may be I will need to do some marketing...lol

U always gives me luck!" an old friend in school used to say to me. I never knew exactly what he meant. Was there something between the lines here? Was he saying, "You're lucky and I'm not"

Now, I got it.

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

Posts: 544 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fantachero
Member # 2707

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fantachero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Adoula,

I believe that people can bring good luck to others but unfortunately I didn't meet any of them

Maybe I must hang around with you cause I need luck so much in these days

Do you really help in finding a good boy friend or husband
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Adoula:
Sometimes it is finding a good job, a good boyfriend, or husband, or a good private business opportunity, personal or family problem sloving....

Posts: 117 | From: istanbul, turkey | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fantachero
Member # 2707

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fantachero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's really strange because in Turkey it's believed that black cat brings bad luck?
I have a friend and if he sees a black cat on his way, he starts running to pass the cat,not to let it cross his way because he believes that something bad will happen if the cat pass infront of him.

So I get surprised when I read that black cat brings luck cause till years I believed the opposite :confused

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Adoula:
For a long time people in Great Britain have been thinking that if the black cat crosses your way or enters your home it means luck.

This custom is connected with the Ancient Egypt where people thought that the cat brings happiness in the house where it lives and to people who take care about it.

Posts: 117 | From: istanbul, turkey | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ahmad1
Member # 3883

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ahmad1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assalamu Alaikum,

fanta, same here in Egypt . in ancient Egypt black cat was sacred animal now many wouldn't feel good about seeing black cat. so it depends where you live.

Too bad ppl made a big deal of cats to the point of killing somone who killed a cat or even killing cats thinking they are demons .

Posts: 65 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jutta3
Member # 3985

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jutta3   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Adoula, I always believed in the Idea that it is possible for Angels to come to Earth. But when they come into a human body they forget that they are Angels. But they still can do more than any other human being. Maybe there's a "hidden" angel in you?
Give me a try Adoula - pray for me an my Husband that he gets his visa ;-) Isn't that selfish??? No please I don't want to make jokes about you. If you made that experience it really may be that you have special abilities, so go on with it and bring luck to everyone you meet. Maybe you can use it for "higher" goals, like in social organizations ?!

Posts: 306 | From: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karinfarid
Member # 3352

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karinfarid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello Adoula,

why would it be not possible, that you're blessed with that special gift from God?

I do know 2 people personally

1) a young man distant family member of my husband, though not really handicapped he is not very bright, and most people try to avoid him, saying his company brings bad luck. If he is staying in our home, he drives us crazy with his though unintended actions, but his very presence is very blessing in many ways (e.g. a much better income than usual because of more work for my husband)

2) an old friend of my husband, who I do consider very close to God (mashaAllah alehi), whenever he is staying with us, I'm not worried about anything, sounds strange? Once we went on a trip to Ismailea together and got stopped by the street police, and this time we did not have our car paperwork in order and we knew this particular officer for his bad attitude, he was known for completely emptying the cars and search any possible and impossible place for anything suspicious. Us 3 grown ups with 2 small children, lots of luggage, that would have been fun.

Well he came up to us, and he asked the passenges to step out of the car. He opened the backdoor himself when his eyes fell on our friend, who was reading a religious book at that time, he was dressing a white abaya and a white clothes folded up on his head. The officer asked: what are you reading? our friend replied: a book by Sheikh X. The officer apologized for disturbing us and did not even check the carpapers.. what can I say, it was like a scene out of a film, alhamdulillah.

God blesses humans he choses with different gifts, Muslims and Non-Muslims alike, some to increase them in their faith, some to test their gratitude by it, some to increase them wander in ignorance and vanity, proud and arrogant...

salam, Karin

Posts: 295 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 02 June 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
esposible
Member # 2955

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for esposible     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black cat Lucky?

Maybe in Great Britain and in Egypt but from where I come from black cats means bad luck. Whenever a black cat jumps in front of our car my mother makes the sign of the cross in the front windshield of the car.

Posts: 75 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anuna
Member # 4022

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anuna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adoula,
I think that your friends are very lucky. I knew one person that was like you and I was very very happy, but since I have not been around them since 1998 bad luck has entered my life. I believe that Allah gives everyone something special to share in the world, some it is the gift of communication and language, some is business opportunities, some it is medical help for those in need and some it is bringing luck and happiness to those around them.
I need a husband... but my husband I need to be Egyptian... I get along best with egyptain people and all the food that I normally cook like molukhiya I make egyptain food... I have arabic/ egyptian music and I belly dance in my home of course... so you see because I ahve been around my friends and the family of my friends since I was three the egyptian culture and some traditions have rubbed off on me and it has become a part of me... so If you can help me find a sweet, loving , caring person to be my husband I would be ever so greatful.
salam

Posts: 39 | From: West St. Paul, MN USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaliyah
Member # 2861

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aaliyah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black cat means bad luck here too... and whenever there's a witch on a picture or in a cartoon, she always has a black cat
Posts: 164 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ahmad1
Member # 3883

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ahmad1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aaliyah:
Black cat means bad luck here too... and whenever there's a witch on a picture or in a cartoon, she always has a black cat

I remember reading somewhere that when the church dealt with witchs they burnt them with thiere cats .I guess they thought cats were somehowhelping them.

Posts: 65 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ahmad1
Member # 3883

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by esposible:
Black cat Lucky?

Maybe in Great Britain and in Egypt but from where I come from black cats means bad luck. Whenever a black cat jumps in front of our car my mother makes the sign of the cross in the front windshield of the car.

That was in ancient Egypt it was a sacred animal but not any more in fact here it's seen by many as a bad sign and scary specially in dark with those eyes shining

kay in love
Member # 3444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kay in love     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dearest adoula

well i have certanly felt very lucky to have met you and my other friends here at ES

so i think you must be a lucky person to know - bless you

much love kay
XX

Posts: 128 | From: uk | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Fanta,
U R more than welcome.
Try me for once and U'll see the outcome, i promise not only one boyfriend, but at least 10......lol

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Jutta, don't over expect things from me.
God only who can help U on this, and certainly if your husband have the required qualifications for the visa, he will get it.

Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Monica,
What mission is to bring luck to all people without getting some of it???

But I always think one way, that am so happy for those whom I bring them luck.

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Karin,
U R right, me too. I know someone like that, it is me.

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Hi Anuna,
Do U mind if you can tell me more about U, and what qualities U have besides your delecious Molokheya.

Also what qualities U R looking in your future husband?

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Thanks Kay,
U R so nice.

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

fantachero
Member # 2707

Rate Member
Hi Adoula,
It's worth trying,must hurry up to catch the first flight

So jealous of your friends who had a chance to meet you and get luck from you.

Best wishes,

quote:
Originally posted by Adoula:
Hi Fanta,
U R more than welcome.
Try me for once and U'll see the outcome, i promise not only one boyfriend, but at least 10......lol

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 02 June 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymon
Member # 3727

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adoula,
Did you see the movie of Sherine? She was marrying guys who suddenly get rich thanks to her luck.
The final part she marries Wael Nour in the deserts, but he eventually discover oil, only to drive her crazy ...

And in contrast, do you remember Sharara TV series ... starring Mohamed Awad ... I can't forget these series when I was young. He struck everybody with his lack of luck.

------------------

Raymon www.youregypt.com

Posts: 288 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com