EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Why do so many Egyptian men spend so much time in cafe net......

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why do so many Egyptian men spend so much time in cafe net......
marcydale454
Member # 3979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for marcydale454     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have talked to many Egyptian men & the ones I talk to stay up all nite on the net?Why they stay up so late??
Posts: 40 | From: Riverhead,NY ,USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ahmad1
Member # 3883

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ahmad1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May be we Egyptians do not like to miss anything.or perhaps because many youth are not working. It's safe here in Cairo to go out at night (for guys) and very nice sometimes as it's more quiet with less cars and betetr weather specially during summer.
Posts: 65 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by marcydale454:
I have talked to many Egyptian men & the ones I talk to stay up all nite on the net?Why they stay up so late??

It's not only the men Marcydale, it's everyone!

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
marcy...20 MILLION in one city...er, maybe it's not that so many egyptian men stay up late... it may just be that there's so many well-educated, internet-savy men in a crowded city.

anyway..where are you..in egypt? what does "staying up late" meant to you....because a lot of egyptians have lunch at 5pm, then a nap btw 7-9pm, go out at 10/11pm and get home anywhere btw 2/3am only to be back at work at 8/9am the next day!

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marcydale454
Member # 3979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for marcydale454     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
marcy...20 MILLION in one city...er, maybe it's not that so many egyptian men stay up late... it may just be that there's so many well-educated, internet-savy men in a crowded city.

anyway..where are you..in egypt? what does "staying up late" meant to you....because a lot of egyptians have lunch at 5pm, then a nap btw 7-9pm, go out at 10/11pm and get home anywhere btw 2/3am only to be back at work at 8/9am the next day!

Hi Exptin ! Thanks for your reply. I understand now. I am from America. Most Americans have lunch at 12:00 noon & dinner at 5:00pm & go to sleep... well everyone is different... depends what time they work in the morning.I wake up at 3:30 AM to go to my job.So you see...to stay up till 3:30 am is late to me. Thanks Marcydale

Posts: 40 | From: Riverhead,NY ,USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for GiggleGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:

LOL sounds like my daily order apart from the nap bit. I am all go, go go!!!

Posts: 293 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyYuna
Member # 3841

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LadyYuna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's a cultural thing. I know a few Egyptian men (one of which is a friend of mine) who stays up all night on the PC in the internet cafe.
Posts: 22 | From: Washington DC Area | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marcydale454
Member # 3979

quote:
Originally posted by LadyYuna:
I think it's a cultural thing. I know a few Egyptian men (one of which is a friend of mine) who stays up all night on the PC in the internet cafe.

Hi LadyLuna! Thanks for your reply. Yes ... The ones I know stay up All nite.. I do not know how they go to work the next day. Me I need my "beauty" sleep! LOL And you know what?.....They do it every nite!.. Hmmm... that is an interesting thing I learned about Egypt. Thank you... MarcyDale

marcydale454
Member # 3979

quote:
Originally posted by GiggleGirl:
LOL sounds like my daily order apart from the nap bit. I am all go, go go!!!

Hi! Giggle Girl! You go Girl! You are young. Enjoy yourself! I used to be like that when I was your age. I need my "beauty" sleep LOL

Raymon
Member # 3727

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by marcydale454:

Now it's 2:30 AM ... well in Egypt life is great at night ... I mean where in the world can you find a place that you can roam at 2 or 3 AM?

------------------

Raymon www.youregypt.com

Posts: 288 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marcydale454
Member # 3979

quote:
Originally posted by Raymon:
Now it's 2:30 AM ... well in Egypt life is great at night ... I mean where in the world can you find a place that you can roam at 2 or 3 AM?

Hi Ramon! Yeah ...but you can do that too here.... but mostly in bars or clubs.... I guess cafe net is much like a bar/club/internet acess/ resturaunt.... so ....what do people do online..... .. pay their bills.... look up information.... look at guys/girls..... I am not implying anything ... I just want to know?....
& why do things start late over there?..... does everything start late over there....? Please forgive me for my lack of knowledge ... I am not stupid... I just do not know how Egypt is.... OK... Thanks for your reply.

Raymon
Member # 3727

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
marcydale454,
You are right, a net café is a place where much people frequent ... it is some social place also.
Paying online bills is not yet frequent in Egypt … and certainly Egyptians don’t pay online bills from public computers.
I think, the most frequent activity for Egyptians in Internet cafés is web-emailing and online messaging (chats), and site-browsing.
Also much famous now is online or network gaming …

Starting late is attributed to many things:
• Egypt, Cairo in particular, is a night city, especially in summer.
• Egyptians, usually the young, prefer to wake up late.
• Egypt is a hot country, which makes a night life better.
• Many are still unemployed … which means non-commitment to early morning work.
• Many jobs now do not require early waking up.

------------------
youregypt forum … your convenient answer to your question about Egypt

Posts: 288 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marcydale454
Member # 3979

quote:
Originally posted by Raymon:
marcydale454,
You are right, a net café is a place where much people frequent ... it is some social place also.
Paying online bills is not yet frequent in Egypt … and certainly Egyptians don’t pay online bills from public computers.
I think, the most frequent activity for Egyptians in Internet cafés is web-emailing and online messaging (chats), and site-browsing.
Also much famous now is online or network gaming …

Starting late is attributed to many things:
• Egypt, Cairo in particular, is a night city, especially in summer.
• Egyptians, usually the young, prefer to wake up late.
• Egypt is a hot country, which makes a night life better.
• Many are still unemployed … which means non-commitment to early morning work.
• Many jobs now do not require early waking up.

Thanks Raymon! your very kind for responding... Marcydale

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com