EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Politics (American Style)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Politics (American Style)
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My apologies for the "cut and paste" below but I just wanted to share another "Gem" from Charlie Reese.

ps to Jag: I didn't want to add to your comment on Monica's beautiful and always helpful thread, so I started this thread. VIVA PALESTINE!

Salam
Laura

Bush Blows It Again

President George W. Bush continues to mislead the American people as to the cause of terrorism directed against the United States.

This week he guaranteed that more Americans will die from terrorist attacks due to his stabbing the Palestinians in the back. He has from the beginning acted as if he were a ventriloquist's dummy and Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon were the ventriloquist.

He proved it again by buying into Sharon's scheme to steal great globs of Palestinian land in the West Bank, and by arrogantly denying the right of Palestinian refugees to return home or be compensated. Israel has no legal right to the land occupied by settlements; the whole world recognizes this and has for decades. The United States used to recognize it until Bush decided to kiss the most ample part of Sharon's anatomy.

How dare George Bush tell Palestinian refugees, ethnically cleansed in 1947-48 and again in 1967, that they have no rights? What unmitigated gall and arrogance he shows, what contempt for the Palestinians and indeed for the whole Muslim world. When did God give George Bush the power to abolish the human rights of other people?

It's no wonder he has to lie through his teeth to try to explain terrorism. We are not victims of terrorism because terrorists hate us or democracy or freedom. We are victims of terrorism because George Bush's policies inflict grievous harm on Palestinians, on Afghans and on Iraqis.

One hates to say it, but Osama bin Laden makes more sense than Bush. If you doubt the role of our support for Israel's brutalizing Palestine in causing terrorism, listen to what bin Laden says:

"The greatest rule of safety is justice, and stopping injustice and aggression. It was said: Oppression kills the oppressors, and the hotbed of injustice is evil. The situation in occupied Palestine is an example. What happened on 11 September and 11 March (the Madrid bombings) is your commodity returned to you."

In plainer English, the more the Israelis shed Palestinian blood with our unadulterated support, the more of our blood bin Laden hopes to shed. He says quite plainly — addressing himself to the people instead of politicians — why don't you stop shedding our blood so we can stop shedding yours?

He scoffs at being called a terrorist and says, "Our acts are reaction to your own acts, which are represented by the destruction and killing of our kinfolk in Afghanistan, Iraq and Palestine."

He goes on to say that rational people would not sacrifice their security, their money and their children "to please the liar of the White House. Had he been truthful about his claim for peace, he would not describe the person who ripped open pregnant women in Sabra and Shatila (a reference to Sharon) and the destroyer of the capitulation process (a reference to the peace process) as a man of peace."

Bin Laden says further: "He also would not have lied to people and said that we hate freedom and kill for the sake of killing. Reality proves our truthfulness and his lie. The killing of Russians was after their invasion of Afghanistan and Chechnya; the killing of Europeans was after their invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan; and the killing of Americans on the day of New York was after their support of the Jews in Palestine and their invasion of the Arabian Peninsula."

As much as you might hate bin Laden, he is telling the truth about the cause of the conflict, and Bush is lying.

Bush ought to come clean and tell the American people the truth about why we are in this war instead of spreading the lie that we were just innocent bystanders picked on by madmen. Even terrorists have rational reasons for what they do.

Bush is following the Israeli example. Rather than address the cause of the problem, he just tries to kill his way out of it. That policy has failed the Israelis, and it will fail us.

Charlie Reese

http://reese.king-online.com/Reese_20040419/index.php

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Laura, I knew you would be around this morning..I just knew it.

Thanks for this article. and yes 'Viva Palestine'.

Salam to All!
Monica

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kat2
Member # 3331

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kat2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
My apologies for the "cut and paste" below but I just wanted to share another "Gem" from Charlie Reese.

ps to Jag: I didn't want to add to your comment on Monica's beautiful and always helpful thread, so I started this thread. VIVA PALESTINE!

Salam
Laura

Bush Blows It Again

President George W. Bush continues to mislead the American people as to the cause of terrorism directed against the United States.

This week he guaranteed that more Americans will die from terrorist attacks due to his stabbing the Palestinians in the back. He has from the beginning acted as if he were a ventriloquist's dummy and Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon were the ventriloquist.

He proved it again by buying into Sharon's scheme to steal great globs of Palestinian land in the West Bank, and by arrogantly denying the right of Palestinian refugees to return home or be compensated. Israel has no legal right to the land occupied by settlements; the whole world recognizes this and has for decades. The United States used to recognize it until Bush decided to kiss the most ample part of Sharon's anatomy.

How dare George Bush tell Palestinian refugees, ethnically cleansed in 1947-48 and again in 1967, that they have no rights? What unmitigated gall and arrogance he shows, what contempt for the Palestinians and indeed for the whole Muslim world. When did God give George Bush the power to abolish the human rights of other people?

It's no wonder he has to lie through his teeth to try to explain terrorism. We are not victims of terrorism because terrorists hate us or democracy or freedom. We are victims of terrorism because George Bush's policies inflict grievous harm on Palestinians, on Afghans and on Iraqis.

One hates to say it, but Osama bin Laden makes more sense than Bush. If you doubt the role of our support for Israel's brutalizing Palestine in causing terrorism, listen to what bin Laden says:

"The greatest rule of safety is justice, and stopping injustice and aggression. It was said: Oppression kills the oppressors, and the hotbed of injustice is evil. The situation in occupied Palestine is an example. What happened on 11 September and 11 March (the Madrid bombings) is your commodity returned to you."

In plainer English, the more the Israelis shed Palestinian blood with our unadulterated support, the more of our blood bin Laden hopes to shed. He says quite plainly — addressing himself to the people instead of politicians — why don't you stop shedding our blood so we can stop shedding yours?

He scoffs at being called a terrorist and says, "Our acts are reaction to your own acts, which are represented by the destruction and killing of our kinfolk in Afghanistan, Iraq and Palestine."

He goes on to say that rational people would not sacrifice their security, their money and their children "to please the liar of the White House. Had he been truthful about his claim for peace, he would not describe the person who ripped open pregnant women in Sabra and Shatila (a reference to Sharon) and the destroyer of the capitulation process (a reference to the peace process) as a man of peace."

Bin Laden says further: "He also would not have lied to people and said that we hate freedom and kill for the sake of killing. Reality proves our truthfulness and his lie. The killing of Russians was after their invasion of Afghanistan and Chechnya; the killing of Europeans was after their invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan; and the killing of Americans on the day of New York was after their support of the Jews in Palestine and their invasion of the Arabian Peninsula."

As much as you might hate bin Laden, he is telling the truth about the cause of the conflict, and Bush is lying.

Bush ought to come clean and tell the American people the truth about why we are in this war instead of spreading the lie that we were just innocent bystanders picked on by madmen. Even terrorists have rational reasons for what they do.

Bush is following the Israeli example. Rather than address the cause of the problem, he just tries to kill his way out of it. That policy has failed the Israelis, and it will fail us.

Charlie Reese

http://reese.king-online.com/Reese_20040419/index.php

Laura.
I wholeheartedly agree. I just wonder how long it will be before people/politicians will realise what a liar Bush is and of course his partner in crime Blair. It is way past time the Palestinians were handed back what is rightfully theirs.

Posts: 22 | From: england | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bile rises to my throat..

Monica and Kat..it seems that Capitol Hill is just another Israeli-occupied territory.

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for brian04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
As everybody know I am from the states. I love my country. But I hate my government. Nevertheless I wish people would quit American bashing. American People are not the American Government.

Many American people (do not agree with George W.s Policies both Domestic and International.

But what really makes me angry is my governments support of Isreal.

So in short, in the next election I will note vote for George W. Bush.

Peace to everybody!

Salam,
Brian

Posts: 432 | From: China | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Brian,

If you are referring to this post please point out where the American Bashing is directed to the people please?

FYI I am an American too.

Laura

brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for brian04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
Brian,

If you are referring to this post please point out where the American Bashing is directed to the people please?

Laura

Hi Laura,
Not in this post. I was just referring to American Bashing in general.
Salam,
Brian

Posts: 432 | From: China | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kat2
Member # 3331

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kat2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by brian04:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Laura:
[b]Brian,

Laura

Hi Laura,
Not in this post. I was just referring to American Bashing in general.
Salam,
Brian[/B][/QUOTE]

Hi Brian, sorry if i caused offence in the above post, when i said people i meant as in politicians. I have been to the States and found the people really friendly and helpful.
As in Britain the majority of the people do not agree with their governments, but it seems we are not given any choice.
Salaam,
Kat

Posts: 22 | From: england | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karinfarid
Member # 3352

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted      Profile for karinfarid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to admit,

my tears are just drying as I type. Who of you is brave enough to read Jo Wilding's eye-witness report from Falluja April 11th?
http://vitw.us/weblog/archives/000663.html

salam, Karin

Posts: 295 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Salam Alaikum karin,

After reading and hearing of literally hundreds up hundreds (in all probability thousands even) of similar accounts with respect to the Palestinians, my eyes remain dry. I can't cry anymore, RAGE has taken over.

The only thing that brings me close to tears nowdays is the few times my husband gets nostalgic and talks of his "hope" that one day before he dies he will have the "right" to return to his hometown of Jaffa.

Salam
Laura

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And to those that have no time to read it all, here is a cut and paste of the last paragraph:

[Well George, I know too now. I know what it looks like when you brutalise people so much that they've nothing left to lose. I know what it looks like when an operation is being done without anaesthetic because the hospitals are destroyed or under sniper fire and the city's under siege and aid isn't getting in properly. I know what it sounds like too. I know what it looks like when tracer bullets are passing your head, even though you're in an ambulance. I know what it looks like when a man's chest is no longer inside him and what it smells like and I know what it looks like when his wife and children pour out of his house.]

It's a crime and it's a disgrace to us all.

quote:
Originally posted by karinfarid:
I have to admit,

my tears are just drying as I type. Who of you is brave enough to read Jo Wilding's eye-witness report from Falluja April 11th?

salam, Karin

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaguar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
American People are not the American Government.
Many American people (do not agree with George W.s Policies both Domestic and International.

American citizens are represented by the American government-simple as that. more than 50% of Americans Do support the mid-east policy and I see nothing wrong with that. As for bashing Americans, Can't You even take that?

Posts: 477 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kat2
Member # 3331

Rate Member
quote:
I have to admit,

salam, Karin

Karin, have just finished reading the account, i'm at a loss for words.
Kat

brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for brian04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jaguar:
American citizens are represented by the American government-simple as that. more than 50% of Americans Do support the mid-east policy and I see nothing wrong with that. As for bashing Americans, Can't You even take that?

Hi jaguar, Have to disagree with you on that (american citizens are represented by the american government-simple as that). true engough the amercian public get to elects it's officals. but the doesn not nessarily mean that it relects the american publics view. remember there are two sides to every story.

oh! btw this is one american who does not agree with the mideast policy of my government.

as for taking american bashing? why should I? i don't bash other people i try to see the good in people no matter where they are from or what they believe in.

we all need our dignity and respect.

have to agree with monica
long live palestine!

salam,
brian

brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
quote:
I have to admit,

salam, Karin

Hello Karin,
I read the article very sad indeed!
After reading that I was thinking why are we still there? What is the purpose? Have we lost our insight? Have we lost our respect?

I must admit I am ashamed of my government and the liar George W. Bush.

Salam,
Brian

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't it normal that when people 'bash' our people, we tend to resent it ~ but when WE bash our own people, it's different!?

In all...the Palestinian situation is a never ending one for years...and I wonder when will another 'power' put an end to it, as well giving Iraq the opportunity to start rebuilding without an ongoing war...!

quote:

Hello Karin,
I read the article very sad indeed!
After reading that I was thinking why are we still there? What is the purpose? Have we lost our insight? Have we lost our respect?

I must admit I am ashamed of my government and the liar George W. Bush.

Salam,
Brian

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 19 April 2004).]

GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiggleGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I wish people would quit American bashing.

Is it alright to Bush Bash...LOL. ..that sounds strange! But seriously, that man is a real twirp that talks utter tosh!!

Posts: 293 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cgreenidgal
Member # 3764

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for cgreenidgal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GiggleGirl:
Is it alright to Bush Bash...LOL. ..that sounds strange! But seriously, that man is a real twirp that talks utter tosh!!

Well I'm here in the states and you know what....big deal if there is America bashing going on. My God..maybe some of these spoiled people who don't even know the first thing about the "policy" we have in the middle east..and prob don't care...will wake up and get mad and start to question what is REALLY the prob here? I know there are good and bad everywhere..but seems to me there's a lot of ignorance here about foreign politics...cultures..etc. Sometimes it takes a kick in the butt to get the donkey moving.

Posts: 11 | From: TN USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homesick2
Member # 3093

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for homesick2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

So in short, in the next election I will note vote for George W. Bush.

John Kerry declared his full support for Bush's policy for the middle east...Good Luck voting

[This message has been edited by homesick2 (edited 20 April 2004).]

Posts: 220 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karinfarid
Member # 3352

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karinfarid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everybody is always talking about the hand-picked and installed governments of the Middle East, but we do mostly overlook that at the end of the day, the American people also get to chose on election day between hand-picked, installed candidates, supported by powerful lobbies.

What kind of choice do they have this time? Bush (we all have talked and laughed and cried enough about him) and Kerry. Now read this statement of Kerry from Jan.04:

"For 55 years, support of the State of Israel has been a central keystone of American foreign policy. We cannot neglect our indispensable role in the search for peace in the most volatile region of the world.

But the Bush Administration’s lurching from episodic involvement to recurrent disengagement has jeopardized the security of Israel, encouraged Palestinian extremists and undermined our own long term national interests.
I will also work to hold the Saudis accountable for their continued reluctance to aggressively root out terrorism in the Middle East. America cannot afford to be indifferent to a country whose actions often speak louder than its words when it comes to fighting terrorism.

Saudi Arabia’s support for Islamic extremism is well known. And while Saudi officials and spokesmen have said repeatedly that the Saudi government is opposed to every form of terrorism, the Saudi regime openly and enthusiastically supports Hamas. The Saudis cannot pick and choose among terrorist groups, approving some while claiming to oppose others" (comment: yes, let's get out of Iraq and start our war with Saudi Arabia?)

my favorite:
"Israel’s very survival in a hostile and dangerous region has always been predicated on the steadfast, unwavering and full support of the United States. In my administration, America’s commitment to Israel will never waiver."
http://www.jta.org/page_view_story.asp?intarticleid=13651&intcategoryid=3

Who does not realize that Jewish elements do control the American government and media, needs a serious reality check:

organizations like this one are absolutely powerful and feared lobbies:
http://www.jinsa.org/about/agenda/agenda.html

salam, Karin

Posts: 295 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Karin,

I'm in total agreement with you in regards to your opinions on politics. My choice this year for president will be "NONE OF THE ABOVE!!"

Laura

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com