EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Guys what turns you off about women? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Guys what turns you off about women?
brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for brian04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guys of ES, it's time to stand up and be counted for. One question What turns you off about a woman?

Remember the women have been asked the same question. Now it's your turn.

Hope to see some replies.

Get up stand up stand up for your rights.

Salam,
Brian

Posts: 432 | From: China | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Undead
Member # 3380

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My biggest turn off is empty materialism, or consumerism. Women that think they are entitled to a mans wealth just because they spend time with him disgust me. I also find smoking and drug use, even 'casual' to be extremely unattractive.
Posts: 238 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaguar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugly toes
Dirty feet
Dirty ears
Stubbornness
Big Heads
Child emotional abuse
Plotting Plots
Hayaafa
Brag Brag Brag

Posts: 477 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hayaafa = Shallowness

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 20 April 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for translation

[This message has been edited by katrina (edited 20 April 2004).]

Posts: 995 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I totally agree....turn off!

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Monica:

yes, same about men

Posts: 995 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimo_the_maniac
Member # 1761

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimo_the_maniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egyptian girls:
-Materialism.
-Forst-queenism.
-haughtiness.
-hayafaa.
-Talking hypersonic and squeaky.
-Using dala3 to get away with anything.
-Using tears to get away with anything.
-Saying "enta el-ragel" "you're the man" when it's time to do something, and screaming about equality when it's time to get something.
-All of them had a pasha grandpa.

Western women:
Don't have experience.

Posts: 850 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kimo_the_maniac:
Egyptian girls:
-Materialism.
-Forst-queenism.
-haughtiness.
-hayafaa.
-Saying "enta el-ragel" "you're the man" when it's time to do something, and screaming about equality when it's time to get something.

Western women:
Don't have experience.

kimo_the_maniac

it is an interesting list. Could you please translate for me

dala3 and a pasha grandpa

Thanks

kimo_the_maniac
Member # 1761

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimo_the_maniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmm dala3 is uhhh dala3, like using discrete sexuality or something, acting cute. Don't know I suck in translation.

Pasha is just Pasha, extinct Ottoman honourary title, like lord or something.

Posts: 850 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
dala3: flirtatious Or the act of 'spoiling' someone with affection or gifts
Pasha: extinct Ottoman honourary title, like lord or something /man that got an honorary title due to his fortune and until the 1950's
The title was banned after the July 23d 1952 Revolution, when King Farouk was detracted and thrown out ~ and Egypt became The United Arab Republic

quote:
mmm dala3 is uhhh dala3, like using discrete sexuality or something, acting cute. Don't know I suck in translation.

Pasha is just Pasha, .

mody
Member # 3902

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mody   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Egyptian girls:
-Materialism.
-Forst-queenism.
-haughtiness.
-hayafaa.

Western women:
Don't have experience.

kimo,it's a flawless list about the egyptian girls,u got it right:-),

Posts: 165 | From: alexandria | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Monica:
dala3: flirtatious Or the act of 'spoiling' someone with affection or gifts
Pasha: extinct Ottoman honourary title, like lord or something /man that got an honorary title due to his fortune and until the 1950's
The title was banned after the 1953 Revolution, when King Farouk was detracted and thrown out ~ and Egypt became The United Arab Republic

Monica, awesome! Thanks for tutoring.

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
To whom it may concern:

Little correction:
Revolution: July 23/1952

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A question to ES guys

Would you guys date/marry a woman who (no matter how much you would like to deny it) is more intelligent than you are? Why and why not?

Would you feel threatened? Why yes or why not?

Realizing and recognizing the fact of a woman's superior intelligence at least to yourself, would you opt for a friendship and choose a more "equal" partner instead?

Is too much female inteligence relative to your own a turn off or on? Why yes or why not?

Note: intelligence here can be defined as a) general IQ and academic ability; b) street smarts/life intelligence/life wisdom translated into making good decisions and choices in life; c) emotional intelligence. a) b) c) may or may not be correlated with each other. It is your pick, but it would be interesting to see your answers, gentlemen, using all three definitions

P.S. It would be also interesting to see women's experiences and views on the same issues.

KAT

Artemi
Member # 3176

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Artemi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Western women:
Don't have experience.

But you surely will in the near future!
(Just don't forget your studies )

Posts: 103 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Undead
Member # 3380

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Katrina, I would not be threatened at all. I am confident in my own ability and do not need to be the best around. When it comes to A and B, I haven't really ever felt challenged. On C, I don't have the same kind of "emotional" intellect that most people do when concerning romantic relationships, so I totally expect a woman to be better in that respect than I am.
Posts: 238 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lori
Member # 2390

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lori     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Western women:
Don't have experience.

What experience are we lacking exactly?

------------------
sandal_wood@hotmail.com

Posts: 251 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nutso_Ordinary
Member # 3826

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Nutso_Ordinary   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by brian04:
One question What turns you off about a woman?

Farting

Posts: 40 | From: Mars | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Undead:
Katrina, I would not be threatened at all. I am confident in my own ability and do not need to be the best around. When it comes to A and B, I haven't really ever felt challenged. On C, I don't have the same kind of "emotional" intellect that most people do when concerning romantic relationships, so I totally expect a woman to be better in that respect than I am.

Undead, it is an excellent answer. Never felt challenged? wow. You must be a genius. If so, no worries about being "hideous" hehehe. but again you do not have to win all the times...hmmmm. ok

You must be one of those who do have not only confidence of his own abilities but also acceptance and expectation of the same from the opposite gender. This is great.

So then the question to you and others who share your opinion is on the flip side…How about female lack of confidence, much lower mental ability than yours.. is this a turn off?

I guess I did not specify, but I meant more general emotional intelligence, coping with life wisely, calmly, adversaries fo a the day, remain calm and cheerful even in very tough situations. Also, oftentimes, the one who posses this quality wins both in the short and long run, not necesarially the best person but the smartest emotionally. If to term it it would be "tough skin".

You mentioned "emotional intelligence" in a romantic relationship. how do you undersand it? Not sure if it is clear

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lori:

Lori, I think you are misunderstanding the statement. It is taken out of the original context and intent.

kimo_the_maniac created a list of his dislikes about Egyptian women and said he could not comment on women from other places since he did not have experience dealing with them.

[This message has been edited by katrina (edited 21 April 2004).]

Mooly El Din
Member # 1987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mooly El Din     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Egyptian girls:
-Materialism.
-Forst-queenism.
-haughtiness.
-hayafaa.

Western women:
Don't have experience.

---------------------------------------
Kimo, I quite disagree with this exhaustive list, I am Egyptian and non of these things applies to me and I am sure many other Egyptians women, so I am not sure if we can generalize

Cheers

Posts: 289 | From: Europe | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Undead
Member # 3380

Rate Member
When you said emotional intelligence, I thought you meant picking up on emotional subtleties regarding relating with the opposite gender.
In my opinion, handling lifes difficulties is more of a rational thing than an emotional one. At least, that is how it works for me.

[This message has been edited by Undead (edited 21 April 2004).]

kimo_the_maniac
Member # 1761

Rate Member
Lori Katrina got it right **I** am the one lacking experience. Although your post brings up one turn off about western women:
-They are defensive and a tad paranoid.

Mooly, of course I am not generalising, there are perfect Egyptian girls, I just hope I can find one soon.

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Undead:
When you said emotional intelligence, I thought you meant picking up on emotional subtleties regarding relating with the opposite gender.
In my opinion, handling lifes difficulties is more of a rational thing than an emotional one. At least, that is how it works for me.

[This message has been edited by Undead (edited 21 April 2004).]

ok, thanks. I would think women may be better at figuring out emotional subtlties in any relationship.

Well, emotional intelligence is a combination of both rationality and control over emotions. Can you always stay unnerved and follow the logical path? Also, can you always remain 100% rational when making decisions? People often use unscientific herestics and rules of thumb (both otentimes irrational in nature and based on emotional interpretations of facts of reality) to arrive at many business, political, personal decisions. When people claim they do not, well, perhaps they are a bit overconfident What do you think?

moll
Member # 921

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for moll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although your post brings up one turn off about western women:

And who can blame them.

Posts: 561 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Lori Katrina got it right **I** am the one lacking experience. Although your post brings up one turn off about western women:

Mooly, of course I am not generalising, there are perfect Egyptian girls, I just hope I can find one soon.

Kimo and Mooly, I guess we are all individuals with our own dignities and faults, there are no flawless people anywhere, whether we are westerners or Egyptians. I prefer to think of people this way. Kimo, also defensive nature is found across all genders and nationalities. You made a generalization on Lori's statement, but both an Egyptian woman and a western woman were defensive So really it is a matter of individualism and the way we present our ideas to people. often times the way we say things cause adverse defensive behaviour on the receiving end. Sometimes, people misinterpret as Lori did. Don't you think?

kimo_the_maniac
Member # 1761

Rate Member
Molly hi mon, how was Egypt?
In answer to your answer to my answer:
"I can blame them when I have to add clarification after clarification!"
And Katrina, of course we're all individuals this thread is just silly, that's just the nature of stereotypes silly with a dash of truth in them.

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
quote:
And Katrina, of course we're all individuals this thread is just silly, that's just the nature of stereotypes silly with a dash of truth in them.

true! but come on, Kimo, it is cool to find what and how guys think on all these issues.

by the way, you have good info on Egypt on your website. Thanks

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member

Mooly El Din
Member # 1987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mooly El Din     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by katrina:
Kimo and Mooly, I guess we are all individuals with our own dignities and faults, there are no flawless people anywhere, whether we are westerners or Egyptians. I prefer to think of people this way. Kimo, also defensive nature is found across all genders and nationalities. You made a generalization on Lori's statement, but both an Egyptian woman and a western woman were defensive So really it is a matter of individualism and the way we present our ideas to people. often times the way we say things cause adverse defensive behaviour on the receiving end. Sometimes, people misinterpret as Lori did. Don't you think?

------------

Katrina I totally agree with you , in addition I would like to say that a lot of these discriptions could go for men as well as women.

Cheers

Posts: 289 | From: Europe | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mooly El Din
Member # 1987

Rate Member
quote:

------------------------

Mon, are you refereing to me, how was Egypt? do you know me? how did you know I was in Egypt ? only my Uncle calls me Mon, I am woundering......

Cheers

Cheers

maadi_guy
Member # 3075

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maadi_guy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
A question to ES guys

Would you guys date/marry a woman who (no matter how much you would like to deny it) is more intelligent than you are? Why and why not?

Would you feel threatened? Why yes or why not?

Realizing and recognizing the fact of a woman's superior intelligence at least to yourself, would you opt for a friendship and choose a more "equal" partner instead?

Is too much female inteligence relative to your own a turn off or on? Why yes or why not?

Note: intelligence here can be defined as a) general IQ and academic ability; b) street smarts/life intelligence/life wisdom translated into making good decisions and choices in life; c) emotional intelligence. a) b) c) may or may not be correlated with each other. It is your pick, but it would be interesting to see your answers, gentlemen, using all three definitions

P.S. It would be also interesting to see women's experiences and views on the same issues.

KAT

oh I'll say my opinion andI don't know exactly if you'll agree with me guys or not but I think woman is the most important thing in mans' life, she can push himup or pull him down. and I think in general most of practical women are more intelligent than men but it's true..
so I really prefer to marry a so intelligent woman andIdon't careif she's more intelligent the me or not but she must be.. she must has her own dreams about her future (I mean practical life), and I'll not mind about her friendships and relations cause I'll trust her so much and I wish her to act by the same way so how can I ask her to do something I don't do it with her in return.
by the way I wish to notify guys that when woman looks so stubid in her actions with you don't be proud of your intelligent she acts by this way to make you happy and then she can ask you to do anything she wants
All females are the greatest things in our life except stubid, silly, ugly presonality and dependent one..
it's my own opinion..

Posts: 87 | From: Maadi, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mooly El Din:
------------

Katrina I totally agree with you , in addition I would like to say that a lot of these discriptions could go for men as well as women.

Cheers

Mooly, absolutely, as well as kimo's list is applicable to certain women from all over the world! except for maybe 'the pasha grandpa" concept, but again there are probably cultural equivalents of some sort. Mooly, I'd like to mention that I really enjoy your posts on other threads. Good job!

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by newman575:
oh I'll say my opinion andI don't know exactly if you'll agree with me guys or not but I think woman is the most important thing in mans' life, she can push himup or pull him down. and I think in general most of practical women are more intelligent than men but it's true..
so I really prefer to marry a so intelligent woman andIdon't careif she's more intelligent the me or not but she must be.. she must has her own dreams about her future (I mean practical life), and I'll not mind about her friendships and relations cause I'll trust her so much and I wish her to act by the same way so how can I ask her to do something I don't do it with her in return.
by the way I wish to notify guys that when woman looks so stubid in her actions with you don't be proud of your intelligent she acts by this way to make you happy and then she can ask you to do anything she wants
All females are the greatest things in our life except stubid, silly, ugly presonality and dependent one..
it's my own opinion..

AWesome reply, newman! I agree with you.

kimo_the_maniac
Member # 1761

Rate Member
Mooly, there is no mystery here I was talking to Moll not you! Weird that everything clicked this way.
Mosh asdy.

kimo_the_maniac
Member # 1761

Rate Member
And Katrina, speaking of weird how did you find your way to my website? :-) I don't think there I ever posted a link from ES!
But Shokran :-)

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
double

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
[QUOTE]Originally posted by katrina:
[B] You are welcome. There is no mystery here. very simple, kimo. I work for CIA... Just kidding...I guess you did post the website as it is there(part of your profile) intentionally or unintentionally. I am interested in learning more about Egypt, your website has useful stuff. check it out yourself hehe

Mooly El Din
Member # 1987

Rate Member
quote:
Mooly, there is no mystery here I was talking to Moll not you! Weird that everything clicked this way.
Mosh asdy.

It is true how wierd,

Cheers

Mooly El Din
Member # 1987

Rate Member
quote:
Mooly, absolutely, as well as kimo's list is applicable to certain women from all over the world! except for maybe 'the pasha grandpa" concept, but again there are probably cultural equivalents of some sort. Mooly, I'd like to mention that I really enjoy your posts on other threads. Good job!

Thanks Katrina, this is encouraging, at least one person thinks I am not attacking him/her

Cheers

Lori
Member # 2390

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lori     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Lori, I think you are misunderstanding the statement. It is taken out of the original context and intent.

kimo_the_maniac created a list of his dislikes about Egyptian women and said he could not comment on women from other places since he did not have experience dealing with them.

katrina it seems you like to hunt down my messages and poke holes in them.

The misinterpretation was quite easy to make because of the way he worded it. And I did not feel "defensive and a tad paranoic" at all. I was merely curious what he was talking about.

------------------
sandal_wood@hotmail.com

Posts: 251 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jutta3
Member # 3985

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jutta3   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lori:

Posts: 306 | From: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
double

[This message has been edited by katrina (edited 22 April 2004).]

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
[QUOTE]Originally posted by katrina:
[b] Lori, you imply too much. I responded to you twice. Hunting?????? Besides, it was a friendly clarification.

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Thanks Katrina, this is encouraging, at least one person thinks I am not attacking him/her

Cheers

Mooly, oh, no, if people read and think, no, not at all In fact, you are quite an intelligent woman. not to hajack space from the topic at hand, if you would like to ever talk off ES, my email is katrina_52500@yahoo.com. Cheers, Mooly! You are cool

Mooly El Din
Member # 1987

Rate Member
quote:
Mooly, oh, no, if people read and think, no, not at all In fact, you are quite an intelligent woman. not to hajack space from the topic at hand, if you would like to ever talk off ES, my email is katrina_52500@yahoo.com. Cheers, Mooly! You are cool

Thanks for the nice words, sure we like to be in contact, but you have to patient with me, as the coming weeks I will be out of reach

Cheers

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
quote:

Thanks for the nice words, sure we like to be in contact, but you have to patient with me, as the coming weeks I will be out of reach

Cheers

no problem!

Lukoshko
Member # 3626

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lukoshko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it was a topic for GUYS. But here are more girls' replies rather then guys'.
Posts: 287 | From: Moscow Russia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Lukoshko:
I thought it was a topic for GUYS. But here are more girls' replies rather then guys'.

Lukoshko, start asking guys questions, maybe we will get more out of them

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com