EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » owning a taxi in luxor?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: owning a taxi in luxor?
roddy
Member # 3805

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for roddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what kind of problems are there in buying a taxi in luxor...not i hasten to add for me to drive..god forbid? if i bought a taxi for someone else to drive would that be a problem>?do i need a taxi licence and insurance ...where is best place to buy and aprox. how much?any info would be very apreciated...many thanks
Posts: 120 | From: clevedon..uk | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AhmedMostafa
Member # 4152

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AhmedMostafa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry bit confussed. Why on earth would you want to buy a taxi for someone else? If it is to drive for you why not just buy a car and pay a driver or drive it yourself? Is the taxi a gift perhaps for personal services?
Posts: 5 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
taxi drivers of luxor are a unique brand of mafia to me. they're a very tigh bunch so i can't imagine you can do anything without becoming part of the "family" aka hiring a taxi driver to operate the car for profit.
Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roddy
Member # 3805

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for roddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ahmed...it is a bussiness venture and yes i do have a driver....but i need to know more.it is not for personal services and nor is it a gift so you should not be confused???
quote:
Originally posted by AhmedMostafa:
Sorry bit confussed. Why on earth would you want to buy a taxi for someone else? If it is to drive for you why not just buy a car and pay a driver or drive it yourself? Is the taxi a gift perhaps for personal services?

Posts: 120 | From: clevedon..uk | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roddy
Member # 3805

Rate Member
hi expt in cai...yes i want it to make a profit but bit bothered about the mafia conection...does nt surprise me? thanks
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
taxi drivers of luxor are a unique brand of mafia to me. they're a very tigh bunch so i can't imagine you can do anything without becoming part of the "family" aka hiring a taxi driver to operate the car for profit.

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that was a ligh-hearted comment on my part that taxi driving is a fairly local business and if you're a foreigner, you may have a hard time being the new kid on the block.

i'm a bit confused...are you a retired brit living in luxor..and why all the hostility toward your other brit neighbor in luxor.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roddy
Member # 3805

Rate Member
hi...no i am not retired and living in luxor and i dont understand your comments of my hostility to brits in luxor....could you expand on that ???i have some very good english friends in luxor.we do own a flat in luxor and we do visit often work permiting. you are confused.....i am more than confused ??? for me to ask a question and then it leads to my hostility. what are you talking about?
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
that was a ligh-hearted comment on my part that taxi driving is a fairly local business and if you're a foreigner, you may have a hard time being the new kid on the block.

i'm a bit confused...are you a retired brit living in luxor..and why all the hostility toward your other brit neighbor in luxor.

pearce648
Member # 4059

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pearce648     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course the taxi is for services rendered ahmed is correct as he knows the score here and you do have many problems in luxor because of he way you are luxor does not have room for queens that wear make up and perm thier hair read my reply in visiting egypt. You run down the ex pats that have lived here for years and did you not have to be rescued outside the snobs restaurant for trying to have sex with a minor.
Posts: 17 | From: luxor | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why don't you either let the man that you want to buy this taxi for get all the legal information for you, or find a taxi driver that you like (surely you know some) and ask him?

Why come to a forum like this to get information like that? Do you either think we are taxi drivers or lawyers? I don't get it.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AhmedMostafa
Member # 4152

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AhmedMostafa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because my dear Debbie Roddy doesnt trust Egyptians remember. So how can he possibly trust them to get the correct legal information? So my question to Roddy is why is it you want to buy someone a taxi that you don't trust? What are you getting out of the situation if you already have a driver? Why would you want to spend a substantial amount of money on something that gives you no gain?
Posts: 5 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AhmedMostafa
Member # 4152

Rate Member
Pearce - I was considering moving from the UK back to Egypt with my wife after my retirement next year. I have not been to Luxor for a few years and I did not realise quite how bad things had got there. I always liked Luxor as I have family there. I again want to express my concern that things like this are happening in my country. If this is true pearce you can write a report with the police and if it is found to be true then Egypt will throw him out.
pearce648
Member # 4059

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pearce648     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ahmed myself and my partner are both gay but we are very well respected in all luxor please get in touch by private e mail would like to chat with you and maybe meet up when you return to luxor love this country and the people but some are spoiling it here so much.
Posts: 17 | From: luxor | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com