EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » What should muslims do when they hear about a terrorist attack being planned?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What should muslims do when they hear about a terrorist attack being planned?
shamila
Member # 4027

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shamila     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What should we do if we know about a fellow muslim planning an attack and can muslims do suicide bombing for their religion. I am not sure but I think it is accepted if you are doing it for Allah.
Posts: 78 | From: Birmingham, Britain | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jutta3
Member # 3985

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jutta3   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shamila:
What should we do if we know about a fellow muslim planning an attack and can muslims do suicide bombing for their religion. I am not sure but I think it is accepted if you are doing it for Allah.

Is murdering accepted by Allah? I think not. Terrorism is murdering whatever in which case. Is it right to accept maybe hundreds or thousands of innocent Moslems killed in the name of Allah? I think not.
Terrorism is not an accepted way of solving problems or of reaching any diplomatic goal. It has never been, in the whole history.
Violence always only brings back Violence. this will never help anything for anyone.

[This message has been edited by Jutta3 (edited 28 April 2004).]

Posts: 306 | From: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shamila
Member # 4027

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shamila     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard on a tv talk show that if u r doing it for Allah it is alright but I agree with u cuz if they think they r trying 2 spread Islam in these bombings muslims will be getting killed then they are not spreading Islam they r reducing the numba of muslims.
quote:

Posts: 78 | From: Birmingham, Britain | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jutta3
Member # 3985

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jutta3   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I heard on a tv talk show that if u r doing it for Allah it is alright but I agree with u cuz if they think they r trying 2 spread Islam in these bombings muslims will be getting killed then they are not spreading Islam they r reducing the numba of muslims.

Even if they would kill Christian and Jews, I think there is NO sura in which you will find, that this is right in the name of Allah. In the opposite: aren't there some suras which tell about to live in freedom and harmony with the believers of the holy books?
Terrorism, no matter in which country or from which religion is always false. It never makes sense.

Posts: 306 | From: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Sure, Shamila, you can do something.

I even urge you to go ahead and blow up yourself. Maybe you can take some of your fellow Muslims with you in the name of Allah, do it with pride for your religion.

You stated over a week ago in another thread:

"I think all Muslims shud go fight the americans, we all r going 2 die 1 day so die with pride and honour for ur religion and ur country"

Please go ahead and leave this world. We've got too much crap walking around on this earth, trying to hurt others in the name of their god and for their own good ........

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shamila
Member # 4027

Rate Member
Jutta

I have just posted a new topic wat can u tell me about it.

shamila
Member # 4027

Rate Member
u don't know wat u r talking about. i said that becuz of the war that is going on i am not saying killing is a good thing but helping or saving a fellow muslim is the right thing.
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:

Sure, Shamila, you can do something.

I even urge you to go ahead and blow up yourself. Maybe you can take some of your fellow Muslims with you in the name of Allah, do it with pride for your religion.

You stated over a week ago in another thread:

"I think all Muslims shud go fight the americans, we all r going 2 die 1 day so die with pride and honour for ur religion and ur country"

Please go ahead and leave this world. We've got too much crap walking around on this earth, trying to hurt others in the name of their god and for their own good ........

Jutta3
Member # 3985

Rate Member
quote:
u don't know wat u r talking about. i said that becuz of the war that is going on i am not saying killing is a good thing but helping or saving a fellow muslim is the right thing.

If the "fellow muslim" is a terrorist, it is NOT right to help him. If you go to the police and you betray him, and you save x innocent peoples live with it, then you really help fellow muslims.

shamila
Member # 4027

Rate Member
I am not talking about terrorists know i am talking about going and fighting for muslim contries to save the lives of otha muslims. U misunderstood me.
quote:
Originally posted by Jutta3:
If the "fellow muslim" is a terrorist, it is NOT right to help him. If you go to the police and you betray him, and you save x innocent peoples live with it, then you really help fellow muslims.

Jutta3
Member # 3985

Rate Member
quote:
I am not talking about terrorists know i am talking about going and fighting for muslim contries to save the lives of otha muslims. U misunderstood me.

What do you really mean with "going and fighting for muslim countries" ?
Do you mean war again? For what and for him?
Remember how many wars there were during the last centuries within moslemic countries: shiit moslems killing sunnit moslems, killing kurdish moslems, killing sufi moslems... etc. etc. What about that?

jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaguar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shamila.. you amaze me.
Posts: 477 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I also heard that Islam strongly encourages you to use your brain.

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by shamila:
[b]I heard on a tv talk show that if u r doing it for Allah it is alright but I agree with u cuz if they think they r trying 2 spread Islam in these bombings muslims will be getting killed then they are not spreading Islam they r reducing the numba of muslims.

[/B][/QUOTE]

good one, Dalia. Shamila take this advice for every post you put here on ES

Posts: 995 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for brian04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Shamila,
I am very shocked and sadened about how you feel about terrorist. For one thing I am an American and I love my country, but I hate my govermnemt that doesn't mean I am going to blow up the White House.

I am coming to Egypt in October. Would you harm me then knowing that I am an American?

It's wrong for any country to invade another counrty just for the sake of oil... and people getting killed just for the sake of oil... it makes me sick....

Shamilla, you being a Muslim yourself why would you even consider attacking other muslims... Then truly you are not a real muslim and a true follower of Allah....

Killing anybody just for the sake of religion is not a good way to express your religion.... For the sake of humanity the worl over I hope everybody in the world can live in peace with mankind and nature....

Shamila, you should reconsider what you are thinking... god willing

By the way I am thinkin about converting to Islam and when I do I hope not meet people like youself....

Salam,
Brian

Posts: 432 | From: China | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimo_the_maniac
Member # 1761

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimo_the_maniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shamila, how many times were you hit with a blunt object on your head? Note I am not asking if you were, I am asking how many times.
Posts: 850 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 20 May 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
delete

[This message has been edited by katrina (edited 30 April 2004).]

Posts: 995 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiggleGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kimo_the_maniac:
Shamila, how many times were you hit with a blunt object on your head? Note I am not asking if you were, I am asking how many times.

Hehehehe, funny sarcasm there...but seriously Shamila, I'm not sure if I can comment, as I am not muslim, but you should not show any type of support. I am a Christian, what would be your reaction if I said, I am going to go somewhere and blow up muslims for my religion. What would be your reaction? No-one should ever show any support for someone who has so little regard for fellow human life as a terrorist does.

Posts: 293 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zenya
Member # 2915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zenya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI Brian,
I too am an American and converted to Islam over 4 yrs ago and after living in Egypt for over 2 yrs and finding people like you have seen on here I started to have my doubts in Islam and Egypt as well. May God help those who don't know how to help themselves, and your postings on the Passion is right on ! Islam is about Love and pureness not WARS And HATERED as most think it means. I wish you luck living in Egypt is you need my help let me know. I found only Americans will help fellow Americans. (
Hi Shamila,
I am very shocked and sadened about how you feel about terrorist. For one thing I am an American and I love my country, but I hate my govermnemt that doesn't mean I am going to blow up the White House.

I am coming to Egypt in October. Would you harm me then knowing that I am an American?

It's wrong for any country to invade another counrty just for the sake of oil... and people getting killed just for the sake of oil... it makes me sick....

Shamilla, you being a Muslim yourself why would you even consider attacking other muslims... Then truly you are not a real muslim and a true follower of Allah....

Killing anybody just for the sake of religion is not a good way to express your religion.... For the sake of humanity the worl over I hope everybody in the world can live in peace with mankind and nature....

By the way I am thinkin about converting to Islam and when I do I hope not meet people like youself....

Salam,
Brian
[/QUOTE]

Posts: 49 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homesick2
Member # 3093

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for homesick2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by brian04:
Hi Shamila,

Salam,
Brian

I am VERY impressed.

Posts: 220 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homesick2
Member # 3093

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for homesick2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zenya:

..............after living in Egypt for over 2 yrs ............................... I found only Americans will help fellow Americans. (

I sure hope your wrong

Posts: 220 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ahmad1
Member # 3883

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ahmad1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Assalamu Alaikum,
According to my understanding, Muslim can do suicide bombing If:
1)It's done and approved by Muslim state during war against an oppressing army
2)Not against Any civilians
3)It's the only option left for the person who is doing it during the war.

Posts: 65 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ahmad1:
Assalamu Alaikum,

Where in Koran does it outline these rules, let me ask you

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shamila you are

a multifaceted character: devoted Mohajaba and co-wife to some iffy man, talented at exotic dance for men at a young age (18), betting on cricket (hmm, interesting hobby, miss, I smell some possible gender or/and nationality mutations here....hehee), and now talking about terrorism in the name of Allah...You are a complete genetic mishap HAHAHAHA

[This message has been edited by katrina (edited 30 April 2004).]

homesick2
Member # 3093

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ahmad1:
Assalamu Alaikum,

Wa Alikum Alsalam,

This why some of us Muslims "do suicide bombing"
http://www.antiwar.com/news/?articleid=2444

[This message has been edited by homesick2 (edited 30 April 2004).]

BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for BoBBoSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi folks, u can not make a good judge for this issue by just looking through the problem in general , it is not this way . u better ask , why do muslim suiside bombing, and what kind of (el shahada ) that god can accept. ? look for an answer for these two questions, because . the only thing that a person have got is his life, so why does he sacrifice it unless it is a very good reason ?
let it be a question to answer, what pushes someone to choose to end his life this way, ? and what are the way of death in this case that god will accept it and not punish us for it? (by the way . think logic , because it doesn't differ much betweem ,uslim and christian ) ... lets see the answers

------------------
BoBBoSS

Posts: 249 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ahmad1
Member # 3883

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ahmad1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by katrina:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ahmad1:
[b] Assalamu Alaikum,

Where in Koran does it outline these rules, let me ask you[/B][/QUOTE]

Salaam
To give quick response :

Regarding the first point, one only need to look at the timing and nature of directives of the verses of Qur'an which were revealed about War. you will find that all of them were revealed after Muslims started to have thiere own Muslim state in Madinah and not before that. Muslims lived many years before that under an oppressing system in Mecca and they were never allowed to take any violent actions or fight as individuals even when they came to the prophet asking to give permission to fight they were still asked to be patient.beside this and other reasons Muslims classical Fuqhah' (Jurists) Stated this as Condition for any kind of fight to be declared as Jihad that it must be done by Organized Muslim state.and the same applies to any matter which deal with Shari'ah like individual crimes inside the state where individuals are not allowed to apply the law by thiere own hands but rather through the Muslim state.

Regarding the second point,there are many verses to pick some of them :

"Whoever killed even a single soul - except being a punishment of murder or that of spreading unrest in the land - is as if he killed the whole of mankind. (Al-Maaidah 5: 32)

"Fight in the cause of Allah against those who fight against you, but do not transgress limits. Lo! Allah loves not aggressors. ...And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah. But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against transgressors."
(The Holy Quran, 2:190, 193

And from the Sunnah of the prophet:
"Set out for Jihad in the name of Allah and for the sake of Allah. Do not lay hands on the old verging on death, on women, children and babes..."

And his companion Abu Bakr:

"Stop, O people, that I may give you ten rules for your guidance in the battlefield. Do not commit treachery or deviate from the right path. You must not mutilate dead bodies. Neither kill a child, nor a woman. nor an aged man..."

As for the third point, cosidering the fact that the goal of Jehad (as a War here) in QUr'an is to save the life of people seeing how much God regard the human life to be precious then it follows that Muslims are not to give up thiere life in suicide bombing when there other ways to fight.The prophet and his companions while they loved to be martyred yet they considered all means that would save thiere own lifes as possible.but in some situations a person may be left with 2 options where in both of them he will be killed by the enemy.this is how the prophet and his companions gave us the example in war.

BTW. Islam, when it comes to Shari'ah is not only the Qur'an (and this is for almost majority of Muslims)

Thank you

Posts: 65 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for brian04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zenya:
HI Brian,
I too am an American and converted to Islam over 4 yrs ago and after living in Egypt for over 2 yrs and finding people like you have seen on here I started to have my doubts in Islam and Egypt as well. May God help those who don't know how to help themselves, and your postings on the Passion is right on ! Islam is about Love and pureness not WARS And HATERED as most think it means. I wish you luck living in Egypt is you need my help let me know. I found only Americans will help fellow Americans. (
[b]Hi Shamila,

Salam,
Brian

[/B][/QUOTE]

Hi Zenya,
Thanks for the commetns from what I have found at here on ES I am sure the Egyptian people are very frinedly. No doubts in my mind.

Salam,

Brian

Posts: 432 | From: China | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for brian04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zenya,
Just wondering what kind of Business do you do?

Salam,
Brian

remi
Member # 4222

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for remi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SO MUST CHRISTANITY
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by shamila:
[b]I heard on a tv talk show that if u r doing it for Allah it is alright but I agree with u cuz if they think they r trying 2 spread Islam in these bombings muslims will be getting killed then they are not spreading Islam they r reducing the numba of muslims.

[/B][/QUOTE]

Posts: 7 | From: Birmingham | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com