EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Your favourite all time movie and why..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Your favourite all time movie and why..
brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for brian04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I hope everybody like this thread.....

Feel Free to post your favourite movie and why you liked it so much........

let me start.....

romeo and juliet 1996 remake

love conquers all......
love is eternal.......

salam,
brian

Posts: 432 | From: China | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Brian, nice to hear from you. Your thread is kind of a "hard call" for me because I am a big movie fan.

But I believe my favourite love movie of all time is

"THE THORN BIRDS"

starring Richard Chamberlain, Rachel Ward, Bryan Brown.

"A priest torn between God and human passion. A beautiful girl desiring only what she cannot have. Five decades of ambition, fear, longing and revenge."

My mom cries everytime she's watching it ..... and so do I because its such a wonderful and bittersweet movie.

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 23 May 2004).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NOxReducer
Member # 3836

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for NOxReducer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Recent movies:
Requiem for a Dream
Classics:
Apocalypse Now

Posts: 185 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairoroo
Member # 3981

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cairoroo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ohh, requim of a dream was so harsh! But, i suppose it was good because it was sadly realistic.
Posts: 12 | From: Spokane Washington USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by katrina (edited 30 May 2004).]

Posts: 995 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for brian04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by katrina:
Tigerlilly, I watched this movie. Pretty sad movie. There is no ambition noble enough to break someone's heart. how true

Brian, you once asked good love movies to watch and have a tear, this is absolutely one.

hi, thanks actually need a pick me up movie,

brian

Posts: 432 | From: China | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saladin
Member # 4220

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saladin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lawrence of Arabia
The Usual Suspects

Posts: 94 | From: Boise, Idaho, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are some I enjoyed:
a cute romantic comedy...nothing deep but amusing:
How to lose a guy in 10 days...
Another amusing one:
While you were sleeping
and:
If you like comedies with a little twist of action
Mickey blue eyes
I also enjoyed the action in:
Tequila sunrise
another cool one with a statement was
Primary Colours

If you saw them all...well maybe I can add a list of arabic ones
Also you may want to see I am sam/Sean Penn and Michelle Pfeiffer /drama
or GI jane/ with Demi Moore pretty cool...

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 26 May 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for brian04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Monica,
i guess a nice book would do as well.....

Winters are really cold in Canada
Winters are more colder in Northern China.

Salam,
Brian

brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
Hi Monica.......
I guess a nice book would do as well....

Winters are more colder in

Salam,
Brian

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few books for you:

Relating, by Liz Greene.(Living with others on a small planet)
What went wrong,Bernard Lewis ( Western Impact/Middle Eastern response) and if you want uplifting books any book by Leo Buscaglia ( he passed away but i attended a few of his lectures and he was a Motivator extraordinaire)

quote:
Originally posted by brian04:
Hi Monica.......
I guess a nice book would do as well....

Winters are more colder in

Salam,
Brian

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Monica:
A few books for you:

Relating, by Liz Greene.(Living with others on a small planet)
What went wrong,Bernard Lewis ( Western Impact/Middle Eastern response) and if you want uplifting books any book by Leo Buscaglia ( he passed away but i attended a few of his lectures and he was a Motivator extraordinaire)

Thanks Monica,
Those books do interest me.... alot....
will look for them.......
by the way do u have a fireplace.....

salam,
brian

kimo_the_maniac
Member # 1761

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimo_the_maniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think "crouching tiger hidden dragon" is one of the best movies ever. I also like an obscure early seventies commie film called the strawberry statement or something like that. Kinda weird, I know but I just like these best.
Posts: 850 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefertity's eyes
Member # 4331

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for nefertity's eyes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for me i thnik that the best file i watch was the "love story" and the newest one and favorite is ".. cold mountain"
cause i kow that there is no happy end in love it s the true and sade reality

------------------
lamiaâ

Posts: 57 | From: casablanca.morocco | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymon
Member # 3727

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't mean to be typical but:

What movie?
Love Story(1970)

Why?
Because of its intensive human and noble sentiments.

------------------
youregypt forum … your convenient answer to your question about Egypt

Posts: 288 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymon
Member # 3727

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And that book:
A Grand Delusion
Democracy and Economic Reform in Egypt
By Eberhard Kienle

------------------
youregypt forum … your convenient answer to your question about Egypt

Posts: 288 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NOxReducer
Member # 3836

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for NOxReducer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another amazing movie, espiecally if you are a fan of time travel, is :
Donnie Darko

I highly recommend this movie...blew me away

Posts: 185 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farhana
Member # 3795

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farhana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Donnie Darko was a real good movie.

Have to say, i think my favourite movie of all time was 'Grease'! I know the words to that movie off by heart...'Danny!' 'Sandy'.....

Posts: 606 | From: London, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farhana
Member # 3795

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farhana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH...a movie i really liked was 'antoine fisher'. This movie deals with moral issues and values. Check it out: http://www.lariat.org/AtTheMovies/new/antwone.html
Posts: 606 | From: London, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NOxReducer
Member # 3836

Rate Member
Another really good movie:
pi (the mathematical symbol pi)...brilliant movie, by the same people responsible for requiem for a dream...

annie_81
Member # 4149

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for annie_81     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
favourite movies: 'saving the last dance', nice pick up movie. a bit sad but very romantic. Very good soundtract.
Also, 'the silence of the lambs', not recommended to watch with your date but still a Great movie (suspense, horror).

As a Canadian, I can tell you that winter in Northern China IS NOT colder than winter in Southern Canada (unless you are from British-Columbia but thats only one region out of 13), let alone colder than Northern Canada. Trust me. in China it doesnt go below -40 C as it does here.

Posts: 370 | From: Montreal, Canada + World expat | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Favoriet movies has to be a tie between Pulp Fiction and Resevoir Dogs. Two great movies I can watch over and over without becoming bored. The dialogue in these films compliments the plot twists you find. Interesting chracters,Bizare senerios,and interesting plot twist. I should mention that Resevoir Dogs is heavily ripped off from a similar John Woo film called City On Fire .

Favoriet book has to be 1984 because the vook details what might have happen when goverment becomes too invovled into the personal life of people. Orwell really had a gidt to foresee the future and many things mentioned in the book are occuring in today's times in America. A close second on the book list would have to be Brave New World about Genetics gone wrong.

I mostly read non-fiction histrical books instead of fiction.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NOxReducer
Member # 3836

Rate Member
Pulp fiction is really good too, soundtrack is great too...
Lukoshko
Member # 3626

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lukoshko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(they all with Gael Garcia Bernal: spanish)

"Amores perros" - strong movie
"Vidas privadas"
"Dot the I" - very beautiful movie

"Sent of a woman"
"Devil's advocate"

"Storia di una capinera" - adore this movie
"Traviata"

"The Astronaut's Wife"
"Trapped "

"Pride and Prejudice"
"Brigit Jones' dairy"

Posts: 287 | From: Moscow Russia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Om Aly
Member # 2999

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Om Aly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
one of the classics:
"casablanca"
with ingrid bergman and humphrey bogart about hurted hearts, lost souls, deep love and uncried tears. and about the power of a woman to a man´s life.
at the same time it shows many different characters of survivers of the WW II.

and:
"harold and maude"
about breaking off the rules and about an unequal romance. kind of british-sarcastic and lovely-poetic.

Posts: 25 | From: hurghada | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Demiana
Member # 2710

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Demiana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tv-movie, these days I think a lot about ' Code Red' with Jack Nicholson and (I am not so well in names) Brad Pitt (?) A young legal marine-officer charges a veteran marinecommander (Jack Nicholson) for having ordered some recrutes to ' handle' another recrute with ' code red'. The ' weak' marinestudent does not survive the harassment. The arrogance of some Military professionals who believe they are beyond the law because we civilians don't know what it takes to defend our country, safety, whatever. \
And most of all, two recrutes that still believe they should follow orders, where they are obliged by their code of honour to protect the weak!
The Seven Samurai, Akiro Kurosawa, priestfighters that came to save a village of farmers but, after they won the struggle where not aloud to live (marry, work) with the villagers, for one does not need fighters in a civil society.

Posts: 1419 | From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 4318

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Shannon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like classic 1980's movies just because they are fun.
The Breakfast Club
Pretty in Pink
16 Candles
Say Anything...

I also really like City of Angels with Meg Ryan and Nicholas Cage.

And my favorite american dream type movie - Scarface.

Posts: 34 | From: USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
focus683
Member # 4013

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for focus683     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
most recent movie I saw and is affected greatly by at the moment is Love Actually. Marvellous movie.
Previous ones that gave me the same effect:
American Beauty
Meet Joe Black

I really love those.
Favourite Classic Movie: Rainman.

Posts: 169 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
focus683
Member # 4013

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for focus683     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forgot to mention Lost in Translation. Also one of my favourites.
Posts: 169 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by focus683:
Forgot to mention Lost in Translation. Also one of my favourites.

excellent movie..... in my opioion already a classic,

brian

NOxReducer
Member # 3836

Rate Member
Yes, Lost in translation was a really good movie, 2003's best i'd say. Check out the soundtrack too, it's really good....and if you like Sofia Coppola then check out the Virgin Sucidies, another really good movie by her...

[This message has been edited by NOxReducer (edited 01 June 2004).]

brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for brian04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi everybody....
i have another favourite.....
actually three.....

somewhere in time... hopless romantic....
lawerence of arabia.... hisrory buff
cleopatra..... dreaming of egypt

salam,
brin

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com