EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » More about TV Religous Evangelists/Preachers (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: More about TV Religous Evangelists/Preachers
sciencesailor
Member # 3348

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sciencesailor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Everyone
I did read all posts in the thread about Amer khalid. I have memories about TV Evangelists that I used to watch their programs on Sunday mornings in USA in 1970s/1980s then come back to A. Khalid.
Each program has a large studio with chorus/musical bands and the "show" goes on as if you were watching a carnival, songs and laughs on jokes from time to time, women in latest fashion styles and a lot of make up, the main speech is usually short and just like a tender rub/massage to the soul and starts with a funny/amusing introductory story. Very suitable to the American audience at their homes as the Americans get easily bored if they listen to a serious tone more than 10 minutes! Very surprising to me as a Moslem to watch a theatrical show as a supposed to be a religous dose! Cultural differences? yes. Well, to tell you the truth, I did not / still do not know why at that time I used to be carried away from the "show" to fantasize about a certain southern preacher's wife (usually the preacher and his wife participate in the "show"). Forgot their names (all I remember it starts with C). She was beatiful young attractive woman. her southern accent added warmth to her overwhelming femminine outlook. Anyway, after years of watching him and her, their enterprise ended with a sexual scandal, he was caught having sex with one of his chorus young girls. this led to invetigation into his financial conducts and a lot of corruption surfaced and his Empire fallen appart. At the end of each "show", abruptly/suddenly you listen to an appeal for donations to keep the "show"/"Word" of God on the Air! Then you see the telephone operators at his headquarters receiving calls from the donators and you even see them writing names/sum of US $ that each caller has donated. I mean even if I managed to grasp any spiritual dose/message, that "donations" ending used to spoil it. Not only the TV evengelists, but also on sunday mornings listening to the radio while driving my car, and at the end of a radio preacher's talk, he swiftly turns his voice to a salesman and mentions how to reach him with your donations!
Well guys, Amer Khalid / Kardawy / or Our Great Imam Shaarawy, any Moslem preacher you came to know/listen to/watch his tv program/cd has/had ever ended his talk with his telephone numbers/bank accounts to receive your financial donations?
I, personally, did not listen or watch any tv evangelical programs except for those of our great Imam ElShaarawy who enlightened us with feeling and deeply comprehending the words of our Holy Quran.
So, do not bite / ruin the needed role of our present day tv/cd/radio evangelists as long as their programs/talk does not end with asking for money and giving you their bank account numbers as the American evangelists do. Secretive gifts/donations from admirers are not Haram or a conspiracy. Look at football players/tv or movie actors and see how much they are paied just to show up and tell how they managed to sleep last night or how they had been kidding around with their close friends (trivial stories).
Eventually, that southern tv evangelist I used to dream in fantasies with his wife, he used to show both the American and Israeli flags behind the comfortable sofa that he and his lovely wife used to sit in during the show.
Before the gun fire starts to go, i should say, when a door to door evangelist used to knock at my door (especially in Texas), My reply on him/her: listen, it is true that I am a Moslem foregner and came from Egypt, but you do not know that we in Egypt have the Copts who are the real christians in this World, go to Egypt and see how the Copts are deeply religous before yo hand me over the Holy Bible. You have here the remains of a religion once called Christianity. Usually a look with a shock all I get after my reply.
Have a GoodDay Everyone.
Salam
Yours ScienceSailor

Posts: 182 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sciencesailor
Member # 3348

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sciencesailor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More:
I recall some other things about that southern tv evangelist:

*He managed to persuade his audience to build a village of utopia-type and named it "Crystal City"; in which the true believers of Jesus Christ can have a spiritual life with all the American comfort of now then the 20 th century's luxorious life style. In this particular project, he was found corrupt in pocketing the donations' money.
*In one episode, he started a campain to collect money, and he did it,to visit the Holy Lands at Jerosalem, and I still remember seeing him trying to ride a donkey at Jerosalem hills wearing a suit and a tie!
* Another episode where he collected money to visit the "heart" of Cairo, as he said it, to let the Moslem Egyptians hear the word of God! It seems that Egypt has been visited regularly by christian evangelists dreaming to convert our Moslem population to christianity, and evidently they leave with despair! They apparently are unaware of the fact that we are very close to our brothers and sisters the Egyptian Copts and we share their social events with them at their churches, ie. we are already familiar with Christianity and our holy book, the Quran, has enlightened us through out the history about the concieving/birth of Jesus Christ and his mission/teachings.

At that time, the early 1980s, I could not be able to imagine that the Leaders of the Born-Again Christians like James Fallowell and that Southern Evangelist, will on the long run influence the top US strategic planning institutes and also some ambitious politicians like the Bush family, and one of their followers GWB come to the top governmental position at the White House!

Concluding: There is no way to compare our tv Moslem evangelists with the Christian ones in America.
Have a goodnight
Salam
ScienceSailor

Posts: 182 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El Kadafi
Member # 4193

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for El Kadafi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Western Christians never follow their religion, just look at the Americans and Bush. What happened to thou shalt not steal, thou shalt not kill. Does the West really believe in Jesus?

[This message has been edited by El Kadafi (edited 02 June 2004).]

Posts: 58 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sciencesailor
Member # 3348

Rate Member
Mr Kadafy
I have to tell you that I disagree with your generalization about the Westerners being "All" distant from their religion "Christianity". I rather agree that "Most" of the Westerners wear "Croses" and occasionally go to the Sunday prayer, But some are deeply religous and some sacrifice and risk their lives to spread the Christian religion among the aesthiest societies and at times at the margins of the Islamic World. You selected a type of a "confused" president of USA, Bush, a man born to be lead by others, religous? yes, but he unintentionally stepped into an Evil course planned by the Neocons gang within his administeration, and he apparently can not retreat. Why do you ignore a devotee like Ex President Jimmy Carter? He is a man of mission (whether we like it or not) and still works for his principles in his 80s.
At times, I envy the ability of those religously devoted Christians to abonden their luxorious life-style in Europe/USA and join missionaries in the jungles of Africa/Amazon/India. Look at those young Egyptians shipped like animals in boats risking their lives to cross the Mediteranean to land into Italy southern coasts. Some of them paied thousands of US dollars that could have started a small bussiness at their villages, But they dream to be Rich without any Nationality (burn their passports before getting into the boats)and may be without a Religion at all (Those who abondon their homecountries can easily convert to another religion).
Have a Nice Weekend.
Salam
ScienceSailor

El Kadafi
Member # 4193

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for El Kadafi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please, they travel to "the jungles" with all the luxuries in the world. They tortured, raped, and murdered the whole population of South America, raping natives and blacks creating Latinos. They shipped the Africans off to slavery and made them slaves in their own lands. As for India, they are anything but receptive towards Christianity.

What you find admirable about corrupt Christian missionaries who travel far and wide to exploit less fortunate humans for their economic well-being, I don't know.

Excuse my skepticism of European/Western "Christians".

[This message has been edited by El Kadafi (edited 03 June 2004).]

Posts: 58 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arx
Member # 1702

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for arx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, coming from someone who lusts for a religious man's wife, can we really call you a muslim? i find your statements far worse than the most firebrand evangelicals. your lusting for white flesh was EXTREMELY disturbing and i'm sure christians don't go around lusting for imam's wife (or wives). was your lust driven by the fact that she and the preacher were chriatians? do you have a sick fantasy fetish for conquering another religion by lusting for religious men's wives? do you have the same fantasies for muslim preacher's wives in which the imam has different religious views than those u find acceptable? or is this a "special" lust?

you just lost a lot of respect from me! i now find you disreputable, disgusting, and degenerate!

Posts: 148 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sciencesailor
Member # 3348

Rate Member
ARX
It could be a possibility that you commented on my post before reading the above reply on ElKadafy. I think I touched a sensitive nerve with you. At times I use my writings to confess something I - now regretfully- did in my youthful and using your adjective "lustful" years. I wrote that "I do not/did not know why I used to fantacise about -----" It is evidently not showing being proud or conquering another religion. Still angry with me? Hope not.

More Revelations about that topic:
In USA, there was something like a war between two lobbies of different opposing interests: The Christian Fundamentalists dreaming for Ameica of the "Puritans", they have their own colleges/universities where alcoholics are restricted, reading in Bible is on the daily schedule of staff members, sexual affairs forbidden except for in marriage relationships, that is all I still remember of their faculty brochures. I was trying to have a teaching position through which I managed to explore the very deep of the American higher education.
The other lobby: The Vice Establishment= the pioneering Playboy foundation + the Mafia (organized crime undercover corporations).
Both try to spread and win the hearts/minds of the American public.
We here in Egypt, we do not have establishments well organized as the Playboy; but we have admireres of the Vice trend that try to immitate the western Vice. Their interests collide with the utopean messages of the TV/CD/Video cassettes tapes of the Moslem evangelists. The Copts are very close to their churches and I think you may consider them immune to be influenced by the Vice lovers in the Egyptian Media.

ORX and whoever still reading this lengthy post: Truth and only the truth is what i look for. Otherwise, the connection time/money/energy just a waste!
Salam
ScienceSailor

sciencesailor
Member # 3348

Rate Member
Appreciate if ARX or other ES members provide the names of the most famous American TV Evangelists. They are important persons who managed to see their dreams about to be fulfilled by Condaleza Rice/Chinny/Ramsfeld/Bush foundation.
James Fallowel is the Pioneer, another one is Robinson I think.
Also, through a Sattelite channel (METV) which regretfully disappered from the air, I used to watch newcomers to TV American Evangelism, 2 of them were women.
Wish to know the names. thanks in advance.
Salam
ScienceSailor

sciencesailor
Member # 3348

Rate Member
ElKadafy
I can not disagree that both the Western missionaries and conquest of the newly discovered lands/islands went on paralell, missionaries being just a one step ahead. i still differentiate between two different jobs, the missionary job was/has been to convert as much as they can to Christianity and I do not believe they used guns or killing to achieve this goal, and as they report to their homelands the description of the frontiures they stepped in, the greed to exploit the newly discovered areas initiate the rush of the Settlers from their homelands.
When two cultures come to a direct contact in everyday life activities, one prevails (the stronger) and the other retreat gradually until vanish peacefully(the weaker). However, I agree with you that at certain places in our troubled World; the politicians of the Invaders accelerated the erosion of the native cultures by a genocide of the humanbeings making these cultures.
I realy do not know for sure if what we are watching right now on our Eastern Borders by the American and Israeli armies is a type of Crusade to eradicate the peoples of the Mideast from their homelands and place peoples from the rest of the World instead. Doesn't Israel bring the jewish Etheopeans from the Heart of the African jungles and let them settle on the stolen lands from the Palestineans?!
I really do not know for sure, is it a cultural Crusade? a religous Crusade? or just the goddamn conquest of the Oil reserves?!
We will see in the very near future who will prevail, the Invaders' values/aims, or the natives' will and desire to prevail?
Have a goodevening
Salam
ScienceSailor

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by arx:
well, coming from someone who lusts for a religious man's wife, can we really call you a muslim? i find your statements far worse than the most firebrand evangelicals. your lusting for white flesh was EXTREMELY disturbing and i'm sure christians don't go around lusting for imam's wife (or wives). was your lust driven by the fact that she and the preacher were chriatians? do you have a sick fantasy fetish for conquering another religion by lusting for religious men's wives? do you have the same fantasies for muslim preacher's wives in which the imam has different religious views than those u find acceptable? or is this a "special" lust?

you just lost a lot of respect from me! i now find you disreputable, disgusting, and degenerate!

yep.

[This message has been edited by katrina (edited 04 June 2004).]

Posts: 995 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ScienceSailor,we know the relationship between the Copts and Muslims in Egypt is a tight bond. However,some Copts here in America are teaming up with the same exact evangelical types demanding intervention within the Egyptian country. What to do with expats in America who totally twist or bend conditions in their homeland to
satisfy their agendas. Certainly,I have even heard Pope Shenouda say in public these people are mostly excomunicated types thrown out of the church.

Don't believe me then go to pal talk or talk to some right-wing Christains here in America about the Copts. Most think the Muslims and Christains are comitting all out genocide on each other. One trick the British knew best was to divide Egyptians by religious lines. We see this today amung the right-wing Christains here in America using the Copts as tokens.

Egyptian Christanity is not at all like Western Christainty since most Western Christains kicked them out during the council of nicea. During the Crusades the European Crusaders wadged holy war on the Copts because of simple theological disagreement. Then why are these same Copts trying to make allies and friends in the West?

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El Kadafi
Member # 4193

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for El Kadafi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I thought you were talking to me

sciencesailor
Member # 3348

Rate Member
Ms Ausar
Thanks for your kind comment. You enlightened me with a dimension far from my observing abilities.
I might add this is the charm of the Internet Forums. Fast and wide exchange of ideas. I may consider the biting words like those of ARX above like pepper on the food, make you upset from its bitter taste but you forget that taste afterwards.
Have a nice weekend.

Ms Katrina
I did contribute to your post about Proverbs. I always like to read your comments about my posts. Even you could be harsh on me, but I am quite sure you are a nice and good person, I am sure you are an American young woman having principles and you love to live your life with your brain. A kind of intellectual person? Yes sure.
Have a nice weekend.
Salam
ScienceSailor

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Science Sailor I am a male and not a female. You might be confused from my name because it starts with an A. My name is the ancient Egyptian name for the deity Osiris.

Glad I could help you understand.

[This message has been edited by ausar (edited 21 June 2004).]

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arx
Member # 1702

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for arx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"It could be a possibility that you commented on my post before reading the above reply on ElKadafy."

i'm not going to sit here and defend christianity for the atrocities it has perpetuated... or islam. i'm also not going to excuse your shameful behavior just because someone else points out that others have done worse. that's a very morally bankrupt arguement and reflects negatively on your character.

"I wrote that "I do not/did not know why I used to fantacise about -----" "

ok

"It is evidently not showing being proud or conquering another religion."

ok, i certainly hope that is the case.

"Still angry with me?"

yes i am!

you have/had some serious character flaws. just because you admitted it... just because you do not understand it, doesn't excuse the behavior. nothing will! god, i'm having to explain this to my elders!

[This message has been edited by arx (edited 05 June 2004).]

Posts: 148 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asiaq
Member # 4323

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for asiaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by El Kadafi:
Please, they travel to "the jungles" with all the luxuries in the world. They tortured, raped, and murdered the whole population of South America, raping natives and blacks creating Latinos. They shipped the Africans off to slavery and made them slaves in their own lands. As for India, they are anything but receptive towards Christianity.

What you find admirable about corrupt Christian missionaries who travel far and wide to exploit less fortunate humans for their economic well-being, I don't know.

Excuse my skepticism of European/Western "Christians".

[This message has been edited by El Kadafi (edited 03 June 2004).]

What abaut ur own kurupt goverment are they not real moslim !! wake up mann

Posts: 363 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asiaq
Member # 4323

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for asiaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by El Kadafi:
Western Christians never follow their religion, just look at the Americans and Bush. What happened to thou shalt not steal, thou shalt not kill. Does the West really believe in Jesus?

[This message has been edited by El Kadafi (edited 02 June 2004).]

most terrorist are moslim hu steal rap an kill ,,are they real moslim ,,have you ben sleeping for the last 20 years they even use they own children as "bomp

Posts: 363 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimo_the_maniac
Member # 1761

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimo_the_maniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by asiaq:
most terrorist are moslim hu steal rap an kill ,,are they real moslim ,,have you ben sleeping for the last 20 years they even use they own children as "bomp

Do you have a statistic to support this? I bet if we did a head count you'd be surprised how many white protestant Americans and leftist Latinos are also terrorists.

And where did you hear about people using their children as "bomp" I bet on FOX news on their daily pro-Israeli fiesta.

Sod off.

Posts: 850 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sciencesailor
Member # 3348

Rate Member
Goodevening Guys
Fights again and again.
It's in our Male instinct. We can not tolerate seeing someone different in his/her views/upbringing/characters without biting deep into his/her flesh. I think I enjoy taking off all the social masks and through them away before I write a comment reply or a new thread. I try to be honest to myself first and thus do not hide a fraction of truth about what I believe in or whatever I went through in my childhood or youthful years that could have influence on my present day opinions.
ARX I did not ask for your mercy, but I hoped to have understanding about what we differ on. I am not Mr Perfect nor I will ever dream to be so. The sins I have made are a lot, I know this, but I have never ever tried to have a relation with a married woman, or envy whoever got rich, and I do care for my 2 sisters although they are both married and should be independent. I do not recall that I made a man boy girl feel pain because a word slipped out of my tongue.
Still, I am not perfect and will stay so to the near end of my life.
Wish to see you all, the Young men/women of ES enjoying the time you are connected and communicating, accept the differences and tolerate any topic that could be sensitive.
Salam
ScienceSailor

Demiana
Member # 2710

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Demiana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am really scared of the sweeping statements of tv-evangelists and the shouting of imams. I was at a christian-meeting in Belgium with Billy Graham, and eventually we were asked to stand up if we would love to come to Jesus. It really scared me that after a sweeping speech, all of the participants stood up right. I could not, it felt like fascism to me.
I also nearly lost my faith at all!

Posts: 1419 | From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sciencesailor:
Eventually, that southern tv evangelist I used to dream in fantasies with his wife, he used to show both the American and Israeli flags behind the comfortable sofa that he and his lovely wife used to sit in during the show.

What exactly are you on, ss?

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sciencesailor
Member # 3348

Rate Member
More to Mr ARX:
I like to mention 2 examples of how I behave in situations that I face something distasteful/no interest"
* remember that thread in which a lady was asking about "anal sex" Hallal or Haram? Well, as it got higher and higher numbers of replies, I decdided to enter and see what was going on. Could not complete reading all the posts, did not like the language, and as I love to enjoy every thing natural I had prejudjement that this topic is wrong and unnecessary from the very begining, I pushed the "Back" button and left without any harm done to any body.
*in one of my former threads, it was carried away into a "Ladies Talk" between several women advising a younger girl havin an affair with a married man. This was not related by any way to my thread, and believe me I did not read what was going on as I was not interested in a deviant relationship that anybody with no inteligence could have predicted its end. I did not interfere and let them have their time and eventually called for returning to the original topic.
I think being elder provide me with the ability to be more tolerant a little bit more patient than the younger generations, I repeat I said I "think" which is different from I "believe".

Ms Dalia
I was worried to see this oneneness between USA and Israel under the religous umbrella in the early 1980s within only TV Evangelism, but could not immagine at that time that it will show up in 2000s as an ideology and Total Mass Destruction of a nation once called "Iraq" and now the "Occupied iraq". Not only Iraq but the scene is under preparation for the Total Mass Destruction of Syrea and Iran, now. I repeat, Egypt is imminent to receive the tough blessings of the Neocons after Syrea and Iran.
Salam
ScienceSailor

arx
Member # 1702

Rate Member
well, while those 2 incidents are deviant and degenerate, so is lusting for a preacher's wife. i think that also trancends cultures.
sciencesailor
Member # 3348

Rate Member
Mr ARX
Now we came to our differences in opinion.
I respect your rejection for what I mentioned about fantacizing of a preacher's wife. To you this is unforgiveable whatever the context it was in. Your opinion which I should accept as a diiferent than mine with respect.
Appreciate your contribution, and please feel free to criticize whatever I write/ post. No personal offence, be sure of that. I went through both Masters and PhD defending sessions to my thyses, you expect your work was perfect until defending it against critics of more scientific knowledge/experience. You accept the criticism and thank those faculty members for their observations and promise to edit your thysis before the final print. I think this is what I said to you above but with different language.
Take care and have a nice Sunday evening wherever you are.
Salam
ScienceSailor

sciencesailor
Member # 3348

Rate Member
Ausar
Well, now I understand something More:
Osisris is pronounced AUSAR.
I belive Osiris was a Male deity and Isis his Female diety. Pls, correct me if I were wrong.
Osiris or Isis , to you the nice and polite person, my thanks for your contribution in my thread.
Salam
ScienceSailor

arx
Member # 1702

Rate Member
c'mon
anyone who has any morals at all will say lusting for a preacher's wife is abominable! i'm sorry, i cannot respect an opinion which says otherwise. i don't think mine is an extreme position either!

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Science Sailor,

No problem at all. Since I was very happy I could help out in any possible way. I also appreciate and learn much from each and every post you make. Always interesting points about Egypt and abroad.

You might want to called Isis Auset since this was her Egyptian name. Isis was would be the greek name. Most terms people use for individual names in Egypt are foregin names insteadl of indigenous. She was the wife of Ausar and the mother of Heru. Not going to bore you to death with Egyptology. Enough from me.

sciencesailor
Member # 3348

Rate Member
Mr ARX
I do not know your nationality/where do you live, the Americans have an expression:
Suit yourself. I did my best to reach understanding that we differ in opinions.
As to the Moslems preachers, men and women do not mix in religous rituals, separated? yes. Usually men sit ahead of women. So, as you see males do not have an opportunity to fantacize about women during religous rituals, nor a male preacher has his wife sit next to him so that one like a lustful man like myself (in my youthful years) could not have any opportunity to fantacize about his wife. You may describe this segregation as backward or against women rights but we are used to this / comfortable with it and by this we suit ourselves, period.
No heartfeelings, and feel free to ignore I even exist not only in ES but also on this planet.
Salam
ScienceSailor

sciencesailor
Member # 3348

Rate Member
Isis
thanks a lot for making my evening so pleasant with your encouraging/supporting statements. I feel shy as I almost forgot most of ancient Egypt. In my school years we studied the history of Phaoronic Egypt, but in my adulthood I was impressed and absorbed in the Greek phylosophy. It glorifies reasoning and erode the believe in God's distiny and influence on individual's life. It took me long years to recover and get back to appreciating the role of religion/religions in a person's life.
To tell you the truth up till now there is a remain of it within me.
Have a nice evening.
Salam
Yours: ScienceSailor

sciencesailor
Member # 3348

Rate Member
Hi Everyone
To those of you interested in an essay about TV Evangelism in the 1980s: http://www.wls.wels.net/library/Essays/Authors/S/SchroederEvangelism/SchroederEvangelism.pdf
At that time the top were:
Armstrong/Worldwide Church of God----- 75 MM$
Oral Robert Evangelical Association----- 60 MM$
Pat Robertson/700 Club/CBN----- 58MM$
Jim Bakker/PTL Club------------- 50 MM$
Jerry Falwell/Old Time Gospel Hour----46MM$
Billy Graham Evangelist Association----40 MM$

Now I remember, He was Jim Bakker and his lovely wife Tammy.
Salam
ScienceSailor

arx
Member # 1702

Rate Member
yes sailor, but some differences of opinion cannot be respected. your lust driven behavior is a good example.

i was born in egypt and moved to america when i was a baby.

sciencesailor
Member # 3348

Rate Member
Mr ARX
You did not feel free to ignore my existance, it means to me you care, even when you criticize me and describe my confessions (man, how reliefing to get rid of your secrets!) as of no respect.
The act (fantacizing about a preacher's wife) was wrong, Agree.
respect your insistance to set a moralistic rule/standard. I feel you are a religous man (whether moslem or copt) of idealistic standards. I was not and may be still not Mr Perfect yet. Strong-willed most of the time, but weak at a few ones. Example of being weak, On watching the Satelite movies, when a nude scene show up, I stare enjoyably, while my dear religous wife turn her head away and whisper with things I realy do not hear or know exactly what these speedy words mean. She may ask God to forgive the Sins I commit by not turning my face away! Man, Hope at Youm ElDin, she could be with me to bring me forgiveness of part of my sins with her surplus of gooddoings! Amen.
enough for now, time to have my daily run before the sunset.
Take care.
Salam
ScienceSailor

arx
Member # 1702

Rate Member
well, watching porn is also wrong, especially since you are married. how would you feel about your wife watching porn and fantasizing about the local imam? for all you know, she does ... given the fact you do!

now, at least you admit you failings. we all have them. i've watched porn before, although i'm not married. it's still wrong.

personally, i'm agnostic, but america has given me a very good moral compass.

p.s. it's actually wrong to lust for any man's wife! just to clear that up.

sciencesailor
Member # 3348

Rate Member
ARX
Did not say Porno movies, just drama rated R, I know that nude scenes in these movies are not cut in the late night movie in America, I was there man.
Anyway, I admire your strong-will to be immune towards the Western-culture weaknesses/behavioral extremeties. Good for you.
However, just a little advice, serious one:
Do not stay for long time without geting married so that you will enjoy the greatest relaxing sport on Earth, SEX. If you stay for long with your iron walls/barriers towards sex lust whatever you call it, be careful of the medical fact that the unused body organ gets weaker and weaker as time pass without usage. As I hear that some elder men get prostate cancer I got worried and asked the MD checking my health up; Tell me Doc, I have what you may consider hypersexual activity since early childhood and still there although I am not as super as I used to be, am I vulnerable to get that cancer? His reply was swift: No, on the contrary, good for your prostate to be active and frequent ejaculation is the safe guard to congestion, usually the cancer develops in the advanced stage of congestion.
I was happy to hear this advice and thanked the MD and thank God for all the pleasures of being healthy.
Do you still remember a type of aged cheese called "Mesh"? I ate it last dinner as an appetizer with tomato, and I managed to digest it, sure with soda drinks.
Hope you have a happy and enjoyable life. America is a wonderful country to live in especially when you have money and a fair skin color, and more wonderful if you have both plus a christian name. I used to call the waiters with: Dave if no reply: John, 90% probability I get: Yes.
Have a goodday ARX or whatever that ARX means.
Salam
ScienceSailor

arx
Member # 1702

Rate Member
EVERY GUY has a hypersexual nature, that i can assure you! you are no different than anyone else.

a hypersexual nature, lol. have an ego there, maybe?

anyway, i'm sure i'll get married before long. maybe it's time to take a trip to egypt!

you still didn't answer my question. how would you feel about your wife watching nude scenes and lusting for the local imam?

not trying to be mean, but just trying to prove a point.

sciencesailor
Member # 3348

Rate Member
ARX
I have the liberty to talk about myself revealing whatever deep hidden within me as a mean to be purer and reliefed of guilt feelings. I am 57 yrs old, the end is not far away, so as elder men usually do recalling their youthful years and evaluating their choices and decisions and also their achievements, I enjoy practicing this.
When it comes to your question involving something personal about my wife, I regret to not answer this question "publicly", it is offlimit. When I mention something about my wife I do that in a positive context and saying something good about her. I consider that she might read my posts if she has the time to do so, and even I know she does not have the time; I am commited/obliged to be careful not to write a negative thing about her.
I did say I agree that fantacizing about a preacher's wife was wrong act, although days proved that he, that particular preacher, was a corrupt preacher, a fony one as the Americans say.
Instead of asking about if it were my wife,
Let us generalize to satisfy your curiosity and you might learn something from an experienced man like myself:
Q: Do women look? look at men other than their Husbands? A look of females towards males?
A: Yes, but not literally/directly as men do it. I believe that a woman any woman can have a complete scan of a man coming towards her in 2 or 3 seconds - without - the man noticing she had examined him.
Sources: real life experiences plus Nancy Friday's Bestselling paperbacks: "My Secret Garden", "Forbidden Flowers", forgot name of her 3rd book.
Q: Do women fantacize? about men of course (not Angels)?
A: Nancy Friday wrote 3 books about women fantacies after she traveled the continental USA, coast to coast, writing / cassette recording the confessions of women mostly educated career women. I bought her 3 books while studying in the States, loved to read and dream with their fantacies. Very enjoyable (to me) to know how women think and behave.
Usually women arousal / getting to the excited mood not as direct as men on seeing or fantacising. Women like the symbolic things that can relate to their attitude towards enjoying sex/dealing with men.
Men, as you know, never ever stop staring at women, don't tell me I could be exaggerating in this one too. The American men do this with caring not to be caught, ego problem. If I see a beautiful face I can not hide my admiration in my look even in this elder age.
I hope this let you conclude our discussion in which I tried to provide honest answers/revelations hoping to reach the truth about myself, my very innerself. You did help me with your insistance to have answers to your questions. I feel better though I am afraid to say something might spoil this happy ending:
After 20 years of being married to the same woman, you need I mean I need appetizer a sort of pepper to turn you I mean I to a wild animal at certain timing, those nude scenes that take moments in an rated "R" movie are my Viagra which married men much much younger than me have to swallow to conquer the routine boring same position same place of their supposed to be pleasure time. (Yes, men confessions to me "the Egyptian Nancy Friday")
Enjoyed communicating with you. wish you a happy and enjoyable life to come. Get married early so that you can have kids and raise them with your sophisticated ethical values.
God bless you.
Yours: ScienceSailor

newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assalamu alaykum ScienceSailor

Here are some links that I found that I hope will be taken as the sincere advice that they are intended to be regarding some of your comments, particularly in this thread:
http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=3365&dgn=4 http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=12301&dgn=4 http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=42165&dgn=4 http://www.islamonline.net/fatwa/english/FatwaDisplay.asp?hFatwaID=20502

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
toka
Member # 4463

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for toka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
did you know how the preachers attract their new converts in the jungles of africa and south america and asia.they go to the poorest spots,and they go to a starving person and hand him a chicken sandwitch and tell him "jesus sent you this",so the first reaction is usually who is jesus let me thank him,the answer is "if you believe in him as you god and saviour,then you will have more sandwiches everyday and you will surely go to heaven and overthere it is not just chicken,it is all the delicious and luxurious life and there will never be hunger.and then the word spreads that there is a man called jesus who is giving out sandwiches,and every body is a christian,and unfortunately there are many of them in muslim countries.In indonesia they converted 200,000 muslims last year alone.
U see those preachers never come to a foorum like this one and start preaching cause they know their talk is not gonna make much sense to us,so they go to places where if people saw a kilo of kebab they will faint immediatly.and dont tell me they go there in the worst conditions because they believe in their message,they go there because they get paid by their church to do so and it is not alousy pay i am talkking about,we are talking about tax free six digits.and of course the church keeps the supply line available all the time with food medicines clothing,and where from All from Jesus.i some times suspect they get commission per converted head.
peace out

Posts: 4 | From: Raleigh,NC,USA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arx
Member # 1702

Rate Member
i wasn't telling you to type anything bad about her. i was creating a hypothetical situation. i'll answer the question for you. if you found your wife lusting for the imam or getting off on nude scenes on t.v., you'd be upset. so i'm willing to bet the reverse is true as well.

"After 20 years of being married to the same woman, you need I mean I need appetizer a sort of pepper to turn you I mean I to a wild animal at certain timing, those nude scenes that take moments in an rated "R" movie are my Viagra which married men much much younger than me have to swallow to conquer the routine boring same position same place of their supposed to be pleasure time."

if this is the case, i do not want to get marreid. if this is the case, true love does not exist. if this is the case, life isn't worth living. i cannot help but feel sorry for you.

an appetizer, that's disgusting!

Shams
Member # 4486

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

quote:

an appetizer, that's disgusting!

Posts: 26 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come on Science Sailor, do you think anyone here wants to hear about your sex life???? Please! Where's your dignity man?

Let me add, I don't care to hear about anyones sex life, man or woman.

[This message has been edited by Laura (edited 09 June 2004).]

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by katrina (edited 10 June 2004).]

Posts: 995 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arx and Laura, you are so right...
sciencesailor
Member # 3348

Rate Member
Well, I thought I was communicating with a young man named ARX, completely different in his characters / moral/ethical values and standards than me, I confessed to him with some of my weaknesses and praised his immunity towards the temptations to watch the western cenema nude scenes and came to realize I am trying to reach understanding of how we differ and what we differ in, praised his values and described them as "sophisticated", managed not to be in religous conflict but a sort of intellectual reasoning. Then:
Someone was watching, actually, a few were watching and could not handle the liberal way I am used to speak or write.
Are you up there Americans? More precisely, Are you living in America or in the Vatican city (suborb of Rome, Italy)? Gosh, you seem like students in a convent school!
I remember an American graduate student, a true blond from the very deep of the American Midwest, before leaving his office, and I was staying with him to support him to go to defend his Master thesis, and just we were about to leave he pulled his desk drawer and got several issues of the Playboy magazines went through them and as he finished said: something to get me high before the presentation/discussion, this was in America! In Boston not in the Midwest, I was sitting with a few graduate students waiting for the prof to have our chemistry postgraduate course and two American students were having a discussion with vocabulary like penis/vagina/etc while we had a girlstudent with us, she did not blush or leave the room; I and her looked at each other with a surprize look, that is all, this is America that I know!
I remember more: Boston University where I was studying for my PhD, The student union or the Arts group had a retired Porno movie star Linda Lovelace (famous for her Deep Throat, will not define what it means otherwise the monks/sisters faint)in an evening symposium to talk about her career and her impressions about the Porno industry and she was like in a Repent. After the Q/A session was over, I went to where she was sitting at the stage to have a look close enough to find the facial changes (yes, I saw the Deep Throat in the States) and told her how I am an admirer of her movie and asked her why not address your bitter feelings towards the Porno Industry to outside the USA, to euorope/mideast. these societies need to hear the otherside of the dirty Porno business in America. The ad about that seminar was on the walls of the univeristy: Linda Lovelace, star of Deep Throat in a symposium at ---- hall Friday evening, 7:00 PM.
This is America that I know!
Well; better say America I used to know!
No wonder the present day America is lead by the BornAgainChristians from the Bible Belt!

sciencesailor
Member # 3348

Rate Member
Ms Katrina
How in the world you came to realize I am against everything coming from the West!
Never said: West=Evil (a guy named ElKadafy at youregypt.com looks that way and I said no to him, enter that site and you will see, you made me feel as if I were one of the Taliban fighters!
I am a subscriber to several US technical magazines (periodicals), and I owe my advanced degrees to the generosity of the US educational system.
Yes, I am against the US policy in the Mideast, a view point that every day prove to be correct. Once, America changes its colonial ideology towards us, I will be one more time pro American.
I disagree with whoever speaks of America as the Devil himself and tell him/her all the positives/strength I know about America.
I thought you were more mature to mock on my praising of your positive traits in the way you did above.
Though; no heartfeelings, you are young, days/years will polish your maturity.
Have a nice weekend.
Salam
ScienceSailor

kimo_the_maniac
Member # 1761

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimo_the_maniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't believe you guys/girls, I mean any of you.

Number one you can't tell me that y'all are angels who've never watched more than your share of pixellated mpeg's showing the limits of human capabilities. Come on, everyone has watched porn or at least thought about it. If you didn't then there is something wrong with you.

And SS, I think what Arx in particular is saying is that porn in itself is not the problem. It's the fact that you watch it when you are married. If your wife watches porn to get uhh "ready" too then you guys are hippies and hippies are mostly harmless. But we still don't want to know about it. If you watch it alone and forbid your wife to do it then you are sick. And I still don't want to hear about it.

And come on, stop trying to make excuses. Khalas, they cornered you, you were wrong when you lusted for the big hair red neck woman. That's it, don't try to defend it. Feeha eih ya3ny?

Posts: 850 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimo_the_maniac
Member # 1761

Rate Member
Returning to the original subject. All ultra-religious people (televangelists or laymen) look silly and talk silly and act ridiculous. If we deny it then we are only trying to be politically correct.

Islamic fundamentalists in big beards and saraweel and niqab are funny looking and ugly. Ultra orthodox Jews with funny hats, macho braids+beards, layers of yarmulkes and bowler hats, fetishy teffiloth, and tablecloth tzitzit are also very circusy and when they are crazy settlers with guns they're also scary. Big haired ladies who cheer the Christian soldiers in Iraq could give Parisian designers strokes, they are medusas, one look and bam (how could you lust after one of them SS?).

That's it, they are all stupid. Normal people of every (read even Jewish) religion are okay, it's just when they catch a bad case of piety that they become trouble.

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sciencesailor:
Ms Katrina
How in the world you came to realize I am against everything coming from the West!
Never said: West=Evil

oh, come on. I was simply tongue in cheek on the issue of your attitude of West being evil. I read some of yr posts, I would not say that you are anti-West at all. I do agree on the issue of foreign policy now and then, actually any time. By the way, thanks for the compliments, my reply was not intended as mockery, so it is deleted

arx
Member # 1702

Rate Member
well, i was being very specific with my complaints there sailor. i'm not the best example of virtue, however i wouldn't do the things you've done if i was married. you'd have to suspect your wife of doing the same thing. that's all i'm saying.

yes, america is changing. it's polarizing actually between those who continue down the liberal course (in which morality is really, really taking a beating) and those who are part of the backlash against it (christians, other religious groups, those not from big cities).

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
quote:

yes, america is changing. it's polarizing actually between those who continue down the liberal course (in which morality is really, really taking a beating) and those who are part of the backlash against it (christians, other religious groups, those not from big cities).

This is quite true, though folks in big cities vary across in their views and degrees of tolerance to various issues.

Science Sailor, you tend to describe America the way you remember it back in the 60s or 70s?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com